The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

Still left when the big offer came in though. He may have had some offers before, but I can't think of many.

If someone is a success, it'll turn heads. Sadly, that's just how it goes.

I'd rather get someone who comes in and does a good job, and attracts attention and possibly leaves, as opposed to some one that comes in, does an average job and stays for yonks being average because no one else wants them.

Unless Saints (or any other team just below the established 'top 7' clubs) crack through to 'the next level', this is probably what will always happen. Sadly.

12 months ago he was an amazing manager that's why Man U took him on. Taking Moyes on will provide stability even if we do not make Champions league football. We are never going to make Champions league football and if we do then our team will once again be dismantled.

Can someone tell me why Sean Dyche has got short odds?

The bloke sounds like Silas Greenback; I want our new manager to be 100% committed to the club, not looking over his shoulder for Danger Mouse.

The bloke sounds like Silas Greenback; I want our new manager to be 100% committed to the club, not looking over his shoulder for Danger Mouse.

felix magarth set me on similar lines this morning. That is one penfold looking motherfucker!

doesn't he have a couple of "saints fans" playing for him ? Perhaps people (or punters) think if he got the job he'd bring them in his baggage at a knock down price. Anyway looks to have drifted out since this morning, perhaps someone saw him at De Vere or in Tescos or something.

then there's the Reed factor, not entirely convinced that being english wouldn't be the best qualification for the job as far as he's concerned.

i weren't that keen on moyes originally but then i read about him chinning that gobshite United fan and i warmed to him somehow. That's the sort of thing we could use round here.

On here? Do you want Chalet to take Richmond outside and teach him a lesson?

Say Koeman did join and the squad remained intact. How would we slot our players into his reported 3-5-2 formation? Would certainly be very different than what we're familiar with seeing. Would be excited to see Clyne / Chambers / Shaw as wing-backs with less defensive responsibility. Not sure how the other players fit in though.

This being the case we would definitely need another CB in the summer. Even taking into account the potential for Koeman to show favouritism towards a fellow Dutchman, I can't see Hooiveld ever fitting into that system.

My brother, avid Ajax fan living in Holland, tells me that Koeman did a good job at Feyenoord. The club was very cash strapped, and RK brought a lot of youngsters through their academy into the first team. many of those Feyenoord players now selected for the orange Crunch came through that way under Koeman.

Lallana wants to keep his England place and a move to Liverpool will potentially see his chances enhanced rather than risking an iffy season with Saints. Thats just my take on it and i believe he had made his mind up to go before the season was finnished.....AND I suspect he KNEW Liverpool were coming for him....the same that RL probably had the heads up from the pool contingent in the England squad....or am i just being very cynical??

basically. Lallana has no intention of staying

Fair enough. We're forcing him to say that, and that's all we can do. Now just get as much as we can, which won't be much more than the 25 mil on the table.

Lallana wants to keep his England place and a move to Liverpool will potentially see his chances enhanced rather than risking an iffy season with Saints. Thats just my take on it and i believe he had made his mind up to go before the season was finnished.....AND I suspect he KNEW Liverpool were coming for him....the same that RL probably had the heads up from the pool contingent in the England squad....or am i just being very cynical??

He knew he was going some months ago. Drunken comments he was supposed to have made in Bompey and received from taxi drivers that at the time were totally regarded as being a load of balls. Not ITK not worth mentioning at the time for the abuse they would have got but now with hindsight seems AL had his personal deal sorted a long time ago.

#nottappedupatall

Blackmore is continuing to tease with his twitters

Mr Blackmore if your reading this please state exactly what you mead about llallana moving on . That's is a very ambiguous statement . Is Adam moving on to pastures new? Or moving on with his career with saints .

If he has an excellent World Cup he will continue to be a part of the side if not . Maybe he can continue to build his career with saints or he can always blame the board for not selling him prior to the WC

So mr Blackmore . Whar you exactly alluding to in your twitter post .

I hope the board don't have to deal with you in the future . To me you are bad publicity for saints FC

Mr Blackmore if your reading this please state exactly what you mead about llallana moving on . That's is a very ambiguous statement . Is Adam moving on to pastures new? Or moving on with his career with saints .

If he has an excellent World Cup he will continue to be a part of the side if not . Maybe he can continue to build his career with saints or he can always blame the board for not selling him prior to the WC

So mr Blackmore . Whar you exactly alluding to in your twitter post .

I hope the board don't have to deal with you in the future . To me you are bad publicity for saints FC

Ps mr Blackmore . You would be better to let Adam concentrate on the World Cup instead of spreading unhelpful information which does nothing for the player the club or us fans . But then your a journalist and you only think of your own self importance

What are you going on about?

It's pretty obvious what "move on" means, it is painful reading your tortured analysis.

And far from being unhelpful, Blackmore ' s tweets are a pretty decent indicator of what is happening at SMS. Probably not all of it but a decent bet. Lallana wants to go, and it is highly likely he will.

Pleased that its looking like we'll have him as a Saints player for the WC, though.

Moving on to a new house?

Moving on with his career (with Saints)?

Moving on to Liverpool?

Moving on from Poch?

Agree he needs to clarify his comments as "moving on" could mean many things

He has 4 years remaining on his contract....If bid is not high enough then he has to stay. Now starting to think Clatter burg may have had a point re Lallana......does appear to be coming across as a spoilt brat

Adam Blackmore doesn't know that. Has he flown to Brazil with the England team? Crap. Show me a statement from Adam Lallana and I will believe it and call him a spoilt brat.

The only way he will leave will be to demand it, and I can't see him doing that. What's more if he did he wouldn't be welcomed back in the same way Rickie would.

Sorry but I think Adam Lallanas more professional than this.

Edited by SaintRobbie

He has 4 years remaining on his contract....If bid is not high enough then he has to stay. Now starting to think Clatter burg may have had a point re Lallana......does appear to be coming across as a spoilt brat

Eh? He's allowed to ask for a move.

He'd be a brat if he couldn't get it and didn't put the effort in for us next season. But we know that's not going to happen, he'll work hard as ever even if he stays.

Adam Blackmore doesn't know that. Has he flown to Brazil with the England team? Crap. Show me a statement from Adam Lallana and I will believe it and call him a spoilt brat.

The only way he will leave will be to demand it, and I can't see him doing that. What's more if he did he wouldn't be welcomed back in the same way Rickie would.

Sorry but I think Adam Lallanas more professional than this.

I'll beat MLG pedantry..England team haven't flown to Brazil...they are in Miami :-)

He'll have plenty of time to assess the squad at least. Players like JWP, Reed, Rowe, Targett etc can stake a claim as well as new signings. Someone of this calibre will hopefully make wanyama, lovren and schneiderlin think twice about leaving at least for next season and see how we progress. If those 3 stay I'll be confident we'll have a good team.

It's being reported tonight that Lovren has requested to leave as well...someone random said it was on a Croatian interview, so will have to see if anything comes of that.