The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

worked at Feyenoord but not at other clubs???

Ajax: He won the league twice + 2 cup wins

Benfica: He won the Portuguese SuperCup

PSV: He won the league

Valencia: He won the Copa del Rey

AZ: He won the Dutch Super Cup

Well at least it looks like he'll take the FA cup more seriously than MP.

Some Dutch guy on twitter reckons Koeman was on flight to London Heathrow yesterday which would tally up with the rumours he was shown around the facilities yesterday. If its true that the interview with Puel was cancelled yesterday then this would suggest to me Koeman is the one they want.

Odds suggest he is run away favourite for the job, bookies usually right.

Some Dutch guy on twitter reckons Koeman was on flight to London Heathrow yesterday which would tally up with the rumours he was shown around the facilities yesterday. If its true that the interview with Puel was cancelled yesterday then this would suggest to me Koeman is the one they want.

Odds suggest he is run away favourite for the job, bookies usually right.

That's semi-promising, but why wouldn't he just fly direct from Amsterdam to Southampton. I know it's possible because I was looking at doing it last year while on holidays. Unless there's some belief he can more easily be hidden by coming through London first? Or Geoff forbid he's got interviews planned somewhere there.

That's semi-promising, but why wouldn't he just fly direct from Amsterdam to Southampton. I know it's possible because I was looking at doing it last year while on holidays. Unless there's some belief he can more easily be hidden by coming through London first? Or Geoff forbid he's got interviews planned somewhere there.

Probably dropping a cv off at White Hart Lane.

would like to hear someone's informed thoughts rather than read your cut-and-paste Guardian entries :smug:

Glasgow, how come you were allowed back? Did you have to make certain promises?

I guess the admin should no longer ban people. Just fine them a fiver and let them carry on as normal!

We're not always a year behind them:

1974 Norwich relegated from the old division 1

1974 Southampton relegated from the old division 1

2005 Norwich relegated from the premiership

2005 Southampton relegated from the premiership

2009 Norwich relegated from the championship

2009 Southampton relegated from the championship

We dodged one bullet this year. :D

And if I remember correctly, both excluded from European competition after the Heysel riot by Liverpool fans, a blow for two clubs steadily progressing at the time.

Noting that Feyenoord have 5 players in the Dutch world cup squad (against Ajax's 3), and 4 of those being defenders.

Just thinking that might imply that Koeman knows how to set up a defence well, and build fast, pacy attacks from that stability?

Just a thought - He might well be a good strategic fit for us.

It looks like him and it is an airport. However... that picture does not confirm it is Gatwick airport or that it was last night.

Take it as you will...

ABlackman_: The big man, Ronald Koeman, at Gatwick airport last night. #SaintsFC http://t.co/j9eMh3IPDK

EDIT: It was Heathrow not Gatwick.

ABlackman_: @marcusbraeburn it's actually Heathrow not Gatwick, my mistake. It's the outbound lounge so he had already been in UK. Was taken at 8pm.

Take it as you will...

ABlackman_: The big man, Ronald Koeman, at Gatwick airport last night. #SaintsFC http://t.co/j9eMh3IPDK

EDIT: It was Heathrow not Gatwick.

ABlackman_: @marcusbraeburn it's actually Heathrow not Gatwick, my mistake. It's the outbound lounge so he had already been in UK. Was taken at 8pm.

Didn't think it looked like Gatwick! Could've been coming for an interview, but seems like we're going to have this wrapped up fairly soon.

checked passenger list R KOEMAN seat 26b

I hope, for his sake, that was an aisle seat, not a middle seat scrap for the armrests! Once you de-sensitise from the Club's previous Dutch Coaching experiment the prospect of RK's arrival is quite exciting.

Didn't think it looked like Gatwick! Could've been coming for an interview, but seems like we're going to have this wrapped up fairly soon.

He's not smiling 'though and why the hurry to get home. I would hav e thought he'd stay overnight and see Staplewood and all the other infra-structure, surely that couldn't be done in an over & back trip?

He's not smiling 'though and why the hurry to get home. I would hav e thought he'd stay overnight and see Staplewood and all the other infra-structure, surely that couldn't be done in an over & back trip?

Course you can see it all in a day, he would've been at SMS for roughly 12.30-1pm, couple of hours talks there and an hour around staplewood then back at Heathrow for 7ish. Only an hour's flight from Dam, done it myself a couple of times.

Anyway, not sure why you're concerned about managers Charlie, didn't Wenger just sign a new deal last week?

Noting that Feyenoord have 5 players in the Dutch world cup squad (against Ajax's 3), and 4 of those being defenders.

Just thinking that might imply that Koeman knows how to set up a defence well, and build fast, pacy attacks from that stability?

Just a thought - He might well be a good strategic fit for us.

He likes to push the fullbacks as far up as possible - Shaw would be brilliant in his system. Clyne wouldn't be bad either ;)