The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

Pulis was probably not even listening. "Yeah of course Leon mate, yeah sure, completely agree pal. Got to go. Speak soon yeah?"

Jesus you're such a negative poster. Leon saved the club with 500k to keep club going and paid for statue. He also appointed pearson which was good. You sound like you're ridiculing him.

last night certain show them as suspended, on previous oveernights suspended doesn't appear.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/next-permanent-manager/bet-history/ronald-koeman/today

I think that they (Paddy Power) close off at 2am. All companies change at different times and doing at 2am, they might pick up the Far East morning trade for a few hours. Paddy are now up and running as of 9.21am

Many would moan but actually I think he's alright. Suffered from moving around too much early career, then took the sunderland job which he shouldn't as he never had support. did ok there really though and no-one has done any better there since. Great job at Hull.

I'd support him here, but far from my first choice.

Wouldn't be my first choice either but I'd prefer him to Koeman tbh. I don't want Koeman.

I think that they (Paddy Power) close off at 2am. All companies change at different times and doing at 2am, they might pick up the Far East morning trade for a few hours. Paddy are now up and running as of 9.21am

But the 4 who suspended odds on him last night aren't, would I be right there ?

They've obviously got too much money on board and are dubious about taking any more, even at a very short price.

Think it isn't about end positions etc but what he did with the club he had.

There were apparently 10th when he took over, hardly had any money and coached (this seems to be a rare skill for managers) the players to be better and thus improved the team to finish 2nd I think.

Not really sure I buy into all this about the dutch league is easier and not as competitive.

Yes, when you´re looking at buying players from there, then you have to take that into the eqvation but from the manager point of view I´m not that sure.

Probably only 3-4 teams that can win the league (although Ajax has been dominating for several years now) but that´s pretty much as any league in Europe and if you can get average/decent players playing in a great way surely it´s a big possibility to have better players also playing the same way...

For me Koeman is the best name mentioned and can hopefully calm things down regarding the squad and make players stay.

Koeman has also shortened to 2/5, was 1/2 this morning. I've been following it all on Betfair as well to see where the money is going, people still steadily put small amounts on Moyes but it's all going on Koeman, people hovering up at 1.5 to 1.6, over a grand.

Think it isn't about end positions etc but what he did with the club he had.

There were apparently 10th when he took over, hardly had any money and coached (this seems to be a rare skill for managers) the players to be better and thus improved the team to finish 2nd I think.

Yep, this. I am not convinced that managing a club in the bottom half of La Liga is any more competitive than managing a club in the top 3 or 4 of the dutch league. Yes the top teams in Spain are much better, but the rest?

Think Koeman is a cert, just wish they would stop fannying around!

Why is he such a cert, big fish from a small pond, certainly no guarantee that he'll do anything in the PL, no guarantee that he won't either but he was poor at Valencia and indifferent in Portugal. Moyes was certain to do well at Utd right ??

Magath now 6/1, they must have had quite a bit of cash on him.

Not at all, with speculative markets like this were some people know the answer bookies are very defensive.

They set these markets with very high percentages and reCt very quickly to small amounts of bets

Not at all, with speculative markets like this were some people know the answer bookies are very defensive.

They set these markets with very high percentages and reCt very quickly to small amounts of bets

Shall we try it - everyone stick a tenner on Steve Bruce

If anyone could have kept Fulham up it was Magath. Not very fashionable but very intelligent....and effective. That would be an interesting appointment. Very sound I think. Koeman is the flair element. I would take either I think.

Last time I got excited about an appointment it was George Burley, and well that ended well.. However id feel very underwhelmed at most of these names being spouted. Koeman? Really..