The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

Hope that the tweets are not a false dawn and will in fact grow from a twitter to a dawn chorus....Koeman !!!!

Definitely won't be Hoddle. He is too busy looking like a World of Leather sofa.

Source: ITV tonight

Hoddle gets linked with loads of jobs. It seems that doing nothing for a decade or more is a positive step after failing miserably and spurs and wolves.

Seems like it, shame as I think he would do a great job at Saints, I would however prefer Koeman.

Magath is a funny one. If he had never been at Fulham it would feel like a right coup.

But he was there and down they went. And yes, relegation not his fault but it still makes it less appealing for me.

If we are asking permission to speak to Fulham it means he's effectively got the job, because we can't make him quit just to be on a bloody shortlist.

Luckily, it's only the Daily Mirror.

Get YakIN FFS.

Sure as hell hope it is not Magath.......he has ended up being despised wherever he has been and unlikely to be enough of a name to attract a high calibre of players. Don't get the link at all - although his odds have dropped considerably and now at 4-1 with the bookies. Koeman still 2-1 on with most. Sure hope bookies have it right this time!

It's rumoured up here that moyes is going to Celtic

Easy rumour to pull together.

Would be a good move for him, giving him a few fish-in-a-barrel opportunities to win trophies and some much needed CL experience. That might get his eye in again before he lands the big one at Newcastle United.

Big old pay cut though.

Sure as hell hope it is not Magath.......he has ended up being despised wherever he has been and unlikely to be enough of a name to attract a high calibre of players. Don't get the link at all - although his odds have dropped considerably and now at 4-1 with the bookies. Koeman still 2-1 on with most. Sure hope bookies have it right this time!

Koeman 2-5 on Skybet

so, just spent the early evening speaking to a dutch colleague, and when we got around to football and i mentioned that RK was inline to be our next manager - he could not have been more enthusiastic - he said RK is a brilliant manager, is brilliant at developing the youth team and that one of the current dutch team would defo follow him ( i don't remember his name, but he was the short arse the pinged the 35 yard pass for RVP to volley in the other night...)

anyway he raved so much about RK - he got me so excited that i felt i had to share it with u all..!!! :)

Easy rumour to pull together.

Would be a good move for him, giving him a few fish-in-a-barrel opportunities to win trophies and some much needed CL experience. That might get his eye in again before he lands the big one at Newcastle United.

Big old pay cut though.

How can you get your eye in when you're facing 20mph dollies?

so, just spent the early evening speaking to a dutch colleague, and when we got around to football and i mentioned that RK was inline to be our next manager - he could not have been more enthusiastic - he said RK is a brilliant manager, is brilliant at developing the youth team and that one of the current dutch team would defo follow him ( i don't remember his name, but he was the short arse the pinged the 35 yard pass for RVP to volley in the other night...)

anyway he raved so much about RK - he got me so excited that i felt i had to share it with u all..!!! :)

Jordi Clasie?

Yes, please.

Magath is a funny one. If he had never been at Fulham it would feel like a right coup.

But he was there and down they went. And yes, relegation not his fault but it still makes it less appealing for me.

If we are asking permission to speak to Fulham it means he's effectively got the job, because we can't make him quit just to be on a bloody shortlist.

Luckily, it's only the Daily Mirror.

Get YakIN FFS.

Cant back it up with who/ when but sure been mangers given permission to talk just when one of few on shortlist

I read a couple of articles of Magath didn't come across as someone who was popular with his players at all....can't help feeling we need a very positive manager (a bit of a Adkins type) to put a bit of team spirit back and connect with the players. Magath coming in and giving the squad some sort of military style pre-season might not be the best thing after a summer of upheaval.

I read a couple of articles of Magath didn't come across as someone who was popular with his players at all....can't help feeling we need a very positive manager (a bit of a Adkins type) to put a bit of team spirit back and connect with the players. Magath coming in and giving the squad some sort of military style pre-season might not be the best thing after a summer of upheaval.

I read that article. A couple of others were talking about how the power now rests almost entirely with the players to the extent that dominant managers laying down the law and throwing teacups doesnt work anymore. Selling a project and cajoling co-operation is whats expected.

I read that article. A couple of others were talking about how the power now rests almost entirely with the players to the extent that dominant managers laying down the law and throwing teacups doesnt work anymore. Selling a project and cajoling co-operation is whats expected.

and don't forget a proper birthday present for players either:p

How can you get your eye in when you're facing 20mph dollies?

He'll play Champions League matches, that's how. The Celtic role is what it is but it has its benefits as I am sure O'Neill and our Gordon would testify.

I can see how that could be more appealing than taking over a middling Premier League team, a role in which he has nothing to prove. Can he manage a team to finish 8th in the Prem? Well, yeah.

Taking over at Newcastle, Villa (or Saints) can't be that appealing right now. At least Celtic gives him some guaranteed European football. He'd only need to do a season or two and he'd still walk into a Prem job.

He might be bolder and go to a German club but not convinced he is that much of a risk taker.

That said if he rocked up at Saints I'd be surprised but delighted.