The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

I wonder if the money going on Sherwood and Ranieri indicates that they have been interviewed?

Thought Sherwood was refreshingly honest at Spurs, but wouldn't want him here. Nor Ranieri.

Same as me on Sherwood, appreciated his blunt honestly from afar but wouldn't want him here doing it.

Meh on Ranieri.

Interesting views on here re the recruitment process . I suspect the club are being very professional in their approach before announcing their man or woman !!!!

Just supposing it was some South American or non EEC manager . They would have to sort out work permits etc etc

My money is on RK but also it is about replacing the assistants to the manager and also let's not for get doddie and Paul's replacements . I believe it's more than just the manager . We need to get it right and not some short term bod .

As for bookies they would bet on anything if they can make few bob . I bet you could get a few bob on who the first England player is to pull a Brazilian bird or bloke if you asked them

Alex Crook just been on Talksport. He is not expecting an announcement for another week, but the only name mentioned was Ronald Koeman. He believes it will be him, fits the big name that the board are looking for, not only to bring in players but also to try and help keep hold of Lallana & Shaw, and also that he is a keen user of players from the youth team. Crook did also mentioned that if Lallana & Shaw go then he understands that the new manager will get those funds as well as as allocated transfer budget. He did mention bring Graziano Pelle from Feyenoord as a replacement for SRL.

Alex Crook just been on Talksport. He is not expecting an announcement for another week, but the only name mentioned was Ronald Koeman. He believes it will be him, fits the big name that the board are looking for, not only to bring in players but also to try and help keep hold of Lallana & Shaw, and also that he is a keen user of players from the youth team. Crook did also mentioned that if Lallana & Shaw go then he understands that the new manager will get those funds as well as as allocated transfer budget. He did mention bring Graziano Pelle from Feyenoord as a replacement for SRL.

How does he make a living from just repeating twitter?

Interesting views on here re the recruitment process . I suspect the club are being very professional in their approach before announcing their man or woman !!!!

Just supposing it was some South American or non EEC manager . They would have to sort out work permits etc etc

My money is on RK but also it is about replacing the assistants to the manager and also let's not for get doddie and Paul's replacements . I believe it's more than just the manager . We need to get it right and not some short term bod .

As for bookies they would bet on anything if they can make few bob . I bet you could get a few bob on who the first England player is to pull a Brazilian bird or bloke if you asked them

From now on, would you like us all to call you "Loretta"?

How does he make a living from just repeating twitter?

Because not everybody who listens to the radio spends the rest of their time searching the internet to keep abreast of every Saints related rumour?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well he had a go at that, and he fcked it. No one is going to give him another go at that level until he has proven himself again, not in England anyway. Maybe he is going to Celtic? Or is he the wrong religion for that?

I don't want Sherwood but can't help but think so many views are clouded by judging him by his cockney accent and assumption that he is so tactically naive unlike a European or South American sophisticate. He did get some games wrong for Spurs and liability with press but levy treated him shabbily it would seem so in effect caused that.

I also want us to sign Pelle. 50 goals in 57 games over 2 seasons in a half decent league is pretty good. And would be fairly cheap too

Lets not mention Afonso Alves. Some from the Netherlands can do it, others not so much.

Don't know what other scoring records are like

Where did bony come from??? Holland???

He did indeed. As I say, some do, some don't.

For every Ronaldo mk 1 or Luis Suarez you get an Alves a Bas Dost, a Mounir El Hamdaoui or Bjorn Vleminckx. At best alright, at worst shocking.

The league is very patchy.... hence the um-ing and ah-ing over things.

Edited by Colinjb

Sherwood going very short atm.

I can only assume that all the people who have gone short have been interviewed. It seems to make a short list of Koeman, Poyet, Sherwood, Magath, Ranieri, Moyes.

Koeman - seems to have been interviewed and seems most likely

Poyet - saints made an enquiry and Sunderland quickly tied him down

Sherwood - sounds like he's been interviewed and someone around him has let slip

Magath - saints asked and were knocked back

Ranieri - interviews/talks had

Moyes - question asked and he rejected

Yakin - wanted the job but seemingly was never asked

Mclaren - doesn't seem to have been asked

Puel - was going to be interview but then taken off list

Gross - talks maybe happened.

What you can be sure of is that your board is doing things the right way. They are maximising their chance of getting a manager who works. All clubs should try to be as thorough.

Student. You know jack shyt

You said shaw had signed, he hasn't

You said he was starting against Peru, he never

Now you seem to think who we have approached.

Sorry, don't buy it

I haven't claimed to know anything about the manager, read the post it makes assumptions and doesn't pretend to be fact.

Shaw was due to play against Peru... Baines was away for family reasons so wasn't going to play but Shaw got I'll so got called back.

I still maintain a deal for Shaw is done. It would have been official by now if you weren't looking for a new manager. Shaw has agreed personal terms and is looking for houses in Manchester, he's openly been talking in the England camp about joining and was at the pfa awards. Look at my posts last week, I knew the Shaw meeting was happening on Friday, United has prepared a statement to announce him in anticipation. I do concede that it will now have to wait until after the World Cup until it's official but a fee will be formally agreed shortly after the new manager is in place. It won't end nicely between Shaw and the club if they don't let him go for the fee they previously intimated they would accept

I haven't claimed to know anything about the manager, read the post it makes assumptions and doesn't pretend to be fact.

Shaw was due to play against Peru... Baines was away for family reasons so wasn't going to play but Shaw got I'll so got called back.

I still maintain a deal for Shaw is done. It would have been official by now if you weren't looking for a new manager. Shaw has agreed personal terms and is looking for houses in Manchester, he's openly been talking in the England camp about joining and was at the pfa awards. Look at my posts last week, I knew the Shaw meeting was happening on Friday, United has prepared a statement to announce him in anticipation. I do concede that it will now have to wait until after the World Cup until it's official but a fee will be formally agreed shortly after the new manager is in place. It won't end nicely between Shaw and the club if they don't let him go for the fee they previously intimated they would accept

So the transfer is done, all bar agreeing the transfer fee :mcinnes:

Anyway, this was retweeted by the very good Matt Slater

@iammoallim: Southampton, according to oft-reliable De Telegraaf, wants Ronald Koeman presented as their new mgr next week. (An excellent appointment).

old news I know but suggests this is still on track.

@iammoallim: Southampton, according to oft-reliable De Telegraaf, wants Ronald Koeman presented as their new mgr next week. (An excellent appointment).

To repeat old posts:

Just. get. it. done.

A foundation to move on.

Am I the only one thinking that the longer this goes on, the more its not going to be Koeman ?

No. I think the same way. I wish they had closed the deal quickly rather than interview a raft of other applicants. It gives a signal that we aren't overly sure of him. Shame.

I've had interviews like that. Good feedback on my performance but told "they want to interview a few more candidates before deciding." I have never got the job then. They confuse themselves and turn to atrophy.

Next week? Do it THIS week. Come on, put a smile on our face for the weekend.

To be honest I think everyone realises a deal for Shaw is near. It's quite obvious, why some people act as if they are breaking news with "sources" is a bit weird really.

Shaw deal is not done till the fat lady sings..if say for example barca or someone came in with more they would go with this I reckon..He is good no doubt but him and lallana acting liking they are when they are on a contract is terrible and shows everything what is wrong with the game. Hope there futures are crap and wish ricky lambert every success. There is a role model. Getting back on subject it's still looking like koeman and hoping he brings the boy pelle with him :)

To be honest I think everyone realises a deal for Shaw is near. It's quite obvious, why some people act as if they are breaking news with "sources" is a bit weird really.

Shawly not ??? The Club have stated they won't be doing any transfers until they have appointed a Manager ??

Surely they are not fibbing ??

I thought everything was agreed in Jan, incĺuding fee?

You're trying to be ITK, but you're just not. Give it up.

Once England squad arrive in Brazil the new manager will be revealed. Hodgson has said medicals were possible whilst in Miami which Saints obviously want to avoid so I see it as a delay tactic on our part...

This would make sense

I spoke to some Celtic fans yesterday . And asked about moyes . They said why would he want to manage a small club like Celtic who have little resources and money. That's why they are going with llallanas mate Deila .

When I asked about what they meant . It seems that like llallana Deila likes to strut his stuff naked like llallana . And sure enough on the front page of the Scottish sun was the Celtic new manager all but naked .

Student what is the relevance of shaw going to united and being at the PFA awards

I bet there were other saints players there . And if I recall wasn't shaw there because he was a potential winner .

So that ITK theory is bit out of the water .

Think he means he was openly talking about going to United at the PFA awards.