The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

So we are interviewing Theodore Roosevelt for the job now? Who will be his assistant? :)

I know who it won't be, Howard Taft.

Plus, I'm not sure his Bull-Moose tactics will translate well into the current Southampton squad. He'd have to bring in a Hiram Johnson, which could work if played in an attacking midfield role.

(Yea, historical American political humor.)

Gary Neville is an excellent pundit, but why does that make him a brilliant option as a manager?

I think he's more than just an excellent pundit. Punditry just gives him a platform to speak. I think he is one of the few people who could translate his knowledge, experience and skill into the role of a manager/coach. Most pundits couldn't make the transition - they just talk the talk, whereas I think he is capable of becoming a very successful manager. Not going to happen realistically this time round though. Just my very humble opinion.

Song for RK if he gets appointed?

Maybe a tad obscure for a football song, but hey, let's blaze our own trail here yeh?

Rococo

(Loves the Saints)

Rococo

(Hates the Skates)

Yeah, could see something like that working :)

:mcinnes: this teddy appointment has disaster written all over it. I like the bear aspect of teddy, but how is being 26th president of the US in anyway qualify you to be football manager? :mcinnes:

this is why

He is noted for his exuberant personality, range of interests and achievements, and his leadership of the Progressive Movement, as well as his "cowboy" persona and robust masculinity

this is why

He is noted for his exuberant personality, range of interests and achievements, and his leadership of the Progressive Movement, as well as his "cowboy" persona and robust masculinity

interesting, so it has come down to cowboy or cowman?

cowman for me. Experience.

We need an appointment that would as close as possible unite the fan base and provide positivity for the new season. Koeman would have a few knockers but would most likely have majority support. It seems to me that Sherwood would completely divide the fan base based on people's opinions on here.

:mcinnes: this teddy appointment has disaster written all over it. I like the bear aspect of teddy, but how is being 26th president of the US in anyway qualify you to be football manager? :mcinnes:

Especially when he gonna get shot in the back in the stands...

...what you mean my history is pants...?

We need an appointment that would as close as possible unite the fan base and provide positivity for the new season. Koeman would have a few knockers but would most likely have majority support. It seems to me that Sherwood would completely divide the fan base based on people's opinions on here.
Why would Koeman have a few knockers ? He stands out a mile to be honest . ... Will walk into the dressing room and command respect as he has played game at the highest level....Good cv as a manager.....plays great attacking football and brings academy players through and will be hungry to prove himself in the premiership . No brainer if you ask me.

I'll be very disappointed now if we get anyone other than Teddy R. I am starting to think though, that he may be a bit dead. Could we sign Robin Williams to play his part? He looked just like him in the Night at the Museum movie. Teddy S would be a disaster. No Presidential experience at all according to Wikipedia.

I'll be very disappointed now if we get anyone other than Teddy R. I am starting to think though, that he may be a bit dead. Could we sign Robin Williams to play his part? He looked just like him in the Night at the Museum movie. Teddy S would be a disaster. No Presidential experience at all according to Wikipedia.

What about a Teddy Boy manager? His quiffed up hair will surely rub off on AL and LS. I bet within the first two weeks of the season every Premier League manager will be sporting a frock coat.

Edited by Saint_Abroad

Meanwhile in the pub I'm in Inverness this lass is giving me me the eye

I paused for a moment and gave her it back

That's a very important moment when you are the drunk guy at the bar. Gotta work on the pose. Just the right amount of mystery, look assertive yet approachable, get your sense of humour across............That's how it seems in the ol' brain box anyway.

Usually, it just looks like a drunk guy trying to sneak out a fart.

Why would Koeman have a few knockers ? He stands out a mile to be honest . ... Will walk into the dressing room and command respect as he has played game at the highest level....Good cv as a manager.....plays great attacking football and brings academy players through and will be hungry to prove himself in the premiership . No brainer if you ask me.

Read back through this thread...