The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

I suspect that the deliberate delay theory may be correct. Having said that we will not consider further negotiations until the new manager is in, it then makes sense to delay the appointment until after the World Cup has started. This enables the club to keep a steady course and allows the new manager time to assess his options.

Maybe there is a master plan after all.

Indeed. If this is how it pans out then :toppa: to the board.

Anyone know if Koeman tends to have the same backroom staff? Wonder who he'd have.

Tonny Bruins Slot has been his assistant in the past, not sure if they are still working together? Jan Wouters was also with them at PSV.

Edited by waggy

Interesting to see even without a manager and all our players about to leave, we're still 8th favourites to win the league next season!

This early on they may just be basing it on last seasons final table?

Interesting to see even without a manager and all our players about to leave, we're still 8th favourites to win the league next season!

This early on they may just be basing it on last seasons final table?

Even without Lambert we still have a stronger squad and first XI than every team below us.

Even without Lambert we still have a stronger squad and first XI than every team below us.

Yes, on paper I'd agree, but are they all going to be here and if so what will there state of mind be come the start of next season? This is why it is going to be essential to get the right manager and get him in place asap.

No we don't - you simply cannot say that now that so much has changed. We've lost Lambert and Mopo/coaching staff who orchestrated every single performance. Our squad has been unsettled to a degree. Other teams have strengthened since the end of last season. Couple this with the fact that all teams start with zero points on day one of the new season and your statement is...well at best naïve.

I received a malware alert when attempting to read the link to Koeman's agent. Has it occurred to anyone how vulnerable we might be to hackers when following up every rumour?

That aside, I do hope we sign up Koeman.

In answer to the questions.

It was suggested that the 'Glasgow Saint' username bore an unchangeable stench. In consultation with the user it was suggested that a break was in order followed by rejoining the board with a new identity.

Discuss his posts, play the ball not the man please. If he does revert to type then he will go the way that Glasgow was going to.

So pretty please, with sugar on top, stay on topic.

Thanks for answering the question. So, he was never really 'banned' anyway. Oh well, just when I and many other posters on here had thought the Mods/Admin had grown a pair (and then lost them again).........

The new username he chose says an awful lot as well, but hey ho.........

Back on topic: My first choice was (marginally) Yakin but as he isn't on the list I went for my 2nd choice - Koeman; who I am growing ever fond of the more I read and think about.

First choice Koeman. Second choice Yakin. Third Moyes.

Very excited about Koeman, a step up from MP.

Wouldn't want Magath anywhere near the club despite his past success. He is universally despised everywhere he's been.

Sherwood's behaviour also leaves a lot to be desired and I don't think he's that tactically astute.

I see Theodore Roosevelt never made the poll. I am disappointed, quite frankly.

I hear that he blew it at the interview, kept on about something called soccerrr. Les told him that a prerequisite was that the manager had to speak English.

Anyone know if Koeman tends to have the same backroom staff? Wonder who he'd have.

@Markla94: @thomas_j_morris Hi, he will definitely bring in Jan Kluitenberg is physical coach. Worked with him at Feyenoord, PSV and Benfica.

@Markla94: @thomas_j_morris His coaching staff at Feyenoord will stay there, they signed new contracts (Gio, Van Gastel).

Ok so I haven't read this whole thread. But based on his Wikipedia page, I just do not get the love for Koeman.

It seems like he underachieved at almost all his clubs, and is living off his reputation as a player. A bit like Laudrup.

Would much prefer someone like Yakin who is on the way up

Ok so I haven't read this whole thread. But based on his Wikipedia page, I just do not get the love for Koeman.

It seems like he underachieved at almost all his clubs, and is living off his reputation as a player. A bit like Laudrup.

Would much prefer someone like Yakin who is on the way up

This is why you don't judge someone based on their Wikipedia page.

Several of our fans did the same with Pochettino and ended up looking rather daft.

I hear that he blew it at the interview, kept on about something called soccerrr. Les told him that a prerequisite was that the manager had to speak English.

How'd Ralph get the job then? Anyways, Kat isn't that big on facial hair, certainly not a mustachio the size of Big Ted's, hence why AL may be out the door.

http://gu.com/p/3pqqq/tw

"Koeman wants to work in the Premier League but would also want reassurances over their transfer plans at a time when the team that finished eighth last season is in danger of being dismantled. Rickie Lambert has already joined Liverpool and could soon be followed by Adam Lallana, the subject of a £15m offer, with £10m in potential add-ons. Manchester United are still confident of signing Luke Shaw for around £30m and Dejan Lovren is also interesting interest from Liverpool."

well that's pish

Bruce is a good dealer in the transfer market (especially from relatively untapped countries like Honduras) but he doesn't half whinge a lot and pander to the 'big boys'.

He's not the worst that has been linked, and may well be the best English candidate, but Koeman is obviously the man for the job. Think the Guardian made more of the Bruce link only as it hasn't been covered in any of the other papers and might whip up a bit of a stir among the Hull fans.

As a side note, I wish Roy Hodgson would stop talking about us like some wounded dog that needs to be put out of its misery.

Edited by Toon Saint