The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

If I was board it would hardly take me 5 minutes to appoint new manager. I would already know who all the top managers are & what they have done, I reckon if the dumb board sat around studying everyone's character for a twelvemonth it would hardly improve their chances of making successful appointment.

Bearsy, who would you appoint bud?

If I was board it would hardly take me 5 minutes to appoint new manager. I would already know who all the top managers are & what they have done, I reckon if the dumb board sat around studying everyone's character for a twelvemonth it would hardly improve their chances of making successful appointment.

Bearing in mind you cannot interview for a job whilst an incumbent is still in place - just how have you selected and appointed your new manager?

Bearsy, who would you appoint bud?

Exactly! If the dumb board had taken the simple expedient of asking me I'd of told them to ring moyes & if he answers the phone offer him job. If he don't answer phone I would ring that Koeman guy next, I would offer it to him. If I get Koeman voicemail I would prob ring Rosler next and offer it to him. I like the cut of his jib, I think he will be top manager I'd only be bit worried cos ain't he got cancer or something? If he don't pick up either I'd prob start sweating a bit. I'd prob just work my way down the league table. Hi man city, can I have ur manager? No? Ok. Hi Liverpool...

Bearing in mind you cannot interview for a job whilst an incumbent is still in place - just how have you selected and appointed your new manager?

Pfft interview! I've seen these guys on tv, I already know what they're like! Quick decisions, that is order of the day IMO

They need to hurry up and get someone in place, they must have known Poch was going to leave for a while so there is no reason to hang about.

Get a big name in place and a few top signings and suddenly players will not be so inclined to look around.

Pfft interview! I've seen these guys on tv, I already know what they're like! Quick decisions, that is order of the day IMO

They need to hurry up and get someone in place, they must have known Poch was going to leave for a while so there is no reason to hang about.

Get a big name in place and a few top signings and suddenly players will not be so inclined to look around.

This your first time to planet earth guys? :rolleyes:

This your first time to planet earth guys? :rolleyes:

Bearsy's just having fun, check out his other posts or even his blog site if you dare. But Alien's may have dropped him off long ago, probably after they saw what he'd wiped on their curtains no doubt.

Didn't stop us with Poch, or Strachan for that matter.

Presumably because NC did his equivalent of a "fancy a quick bevy Mo, quick chat and all that?" sidestep since he was in sole charge. Or unless the interview was done after the serving of notice VERY quickly (again presumes the 'chat' had already happened) to make it more formal.

Strachan I have no idea about.

However, employment law is employment law.

Presumably because NC did his equivalent of a "fancy a quick bevy Mo, quick chat and all that?" sidestep since he was in sole charge. Or unless the interview was done after the serving of notice VERY quickly (again presumes the 'chat' had already happened) to make it more formal.

Bullsh!te, managers are approached all the time whilst someone is still in the job.

If Koeman is appointed would he be the biggest name to be manager of saints? Double champions league/European cup Winner, 4x la Liga winner, ex Barcelona and holland international, managed big clubs In Spain and holland with relative success. Only glen hoddle really runs him close. Can we go as far as to say this would be a real statement of intent?

If Koeman is appointed would he be the biggest name to be manager of saints? Double champions league/European cup Winner, 4x la Liga winner, ex Barcelona and holland international, managed big clubs In Spain and holland with relative success. Only glen hoddle really runs him close. Can we go as far as to say this would be a real statement of intent?

Alan Ball, World Cup winner?

I loved watching Koeman as a player, in a fantastic Dutch team - would love him to be appointed!

Definitely someone for Shaw and Targett to look up to as well ;)

Yeah of course the best way to make a manager feel valued is to look for his replacement whilst talking to him.

The best way for a club to feel valued by a manager is for him to whore himself to other clubs while under contract. Judas Argie c*nt.

I loved watching Koeman as a player, in a fantastic Dutch team - would love him to be appointed!

Definitely someone for Shaw and Targett to look up to as well ;)

Thought Tintin was a central defender, not a left back. Still perhaps he could take our pens next season.

WTF has employment law got to do with anything? If you don't know about Strachan then you need to wise up. Poch was clearly already engaged long before Adkins was sacked. Nothing to stop someone having a chat (interviewing) someone any time they want.

The day on the Betfair market has been one of two halves. For most of it RK was contracting slowly but surely as he has been for the last couple of days to a low of around 1/2. This evening, things have changed, albeit in a subtle fashion. RK has drifted (not dramatically, but out to around 4/6) and there has been a move for someone I haven't seen mentioned. By no means big money and by no means at a short price, but just enough to ***** my antennae. Ralf Rangnick. Make of it what you will.....

@JWTelegraph: Southampton have held formal talks with Ronald Koeman...planning to make an appointment by end of next week #saintsfc

It's the waiting that kills...

...mind you with no transfers stated until a manager is brought in, maybe it pays to wait a bit.

The day on the Betfair market has been one of two halves. For most of it RK was contracting slowly but surely as he has been for the last couple of days to a low of around 1/2. This evening, things have changed, albeit in a subtle fashion. RK has drifted (not dramatically, but out to around 4/6) and there has been a move for someone I haven't seen mentioned. By no means big money and by no means at a short price, but just enough to ***** my antennae. Ralf Rangnick. Make of it what you will.....

Played as an amateur in England and studied in Brighton! Random...

@JWTelegraph: Southampton have held formal talks with Ronald Koeman...planning to make an appointment by end of next week #saintsfc

Next Friday is the perfect day to appoint a new manager.

I'm sure something important in the football world happens next Friday.

Was linked with the vacancies at Sunderland and WBA.

Another advocate of the pressing game.

I know it's alex crook, but:

"@alex_crook: Despite whan his agent may be saying Ronald Koeman has held talks with #saintsfc today. Be stunned if it wasnt him"

Promising stuff but, out of interest, why the cynicism over Alex Crook's comments on Southampton? Everyone here seems to treat him with suspicion?

Promising stuff but, out of interest, why the cynicism over Alex Crook's comments on Southampton? Everyone here seems to treat him with suspicion?

It's mainly because whatever he tweets has been reported minutes earlier via another source. And it doesn't exactly take a genius to work out that Koeman has been speaking to us! So not much of a scoop from Crook there.

Been many a time where BBC have broken a story, and then 5 mins later he pops up with ''I understand...''

Oh yeah. For some reason I presumed he was American and just ignored him in the betting. Me fool.

Over the past few weeks I've become sadly addicted to saints-related betting fluctuations and geeky managerial stats. Ralf rangnick has some v impressive stats, it must be said. And according to wiki he used to manage viktoria backnang, which sounds good. Not even sure if it's a football club though. Sounds like a Thai hooker to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bullsh!te, managers are approached all the time whilst someone is still in the job.

Remember Crouch telling me he approached Tony Pulis who was then guiding Stoke to the Premiership and secured a deal that he would join Saints at the season's end if Stoke didn't go up. All totally illegal.

Remember Crouch telling me he approached Tony Pulis who was then guiding Stoke to the Premiership and secured a deal that he would join Saints at the season's end if Stoke didn't go up. All totally illegal.

Depends what you mean by "deal", really.

I doubt Pulis signed anything, and come the day of reckoning no one knows what would have really happened, especially as it never looked like we were ever going to sack our George.