The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

Gate 22

Could be he was getting a connecting flight to edinburgh or glasgow,

Thats one of the gates I have used for a flight to Edinburgh from T5

are there any clubs in scotland looking for a manager by any chance?

I hope he signs for us

He was playing golf at Gleneagles last week...

Verified account
@
Koeman1963

Wat een feestje! 3 dagen golfen op #Gleneagles!

BoqdCHVCAAAo0Y0.jpg

"Michael Laudrup has seemingly ruled himself out of the running for the Southampton and West Bromwich Albion jobs - insisting he would only now take an offer from a 'big club'."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9336409/michael-laudrup-would-only-take-offer-from-big-club-in-premier-league

what an arse, originally thought he'd be a good shout to replace Maurice but over the last few days i've rapidly gone off the idea

"Michael Laudrup has seemingly ruled himself out of the running for the Southampton and West Bromwich Albion jobs - insisting he would only now take an offer from a 'big club'."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9336409/michael-laudrup-would-only-take-offer-from-big-club-in-premier-league

what an arse, originally thought he'd be a good shout to replace Maurice but over the last few days i've rapidly gone off the idea

I suspect he will be out of work for a while then...

Does`nt want to sound arrogant!!!!:rolleyes:...eh sorry pal it did just that...

Gate 22

Could be he was getting a connecting flight to edinburgh or glasgow,

Thats one of the gates I have used for a flight to Edinburgh from T5

are there any clubs in scotland looking for a manager by any chance?

I hope he signs for us

ORLY? That is sooooooooooo T1

There's a Koeman waiting to be signed

He tried to come and meet us

But Levy blew his mind.

Is it Koeman?

The saints web wait and see

He flew over with Caulker

Who left his family

He told me:

Let the Lallana lose it

Let the Krueger prove it

Let all the children transfer.

That was... obscure. 10/10 for originality.

shirleymush: @reluctantnicko Dutch media reporting Koeman'a been offered SFC job. Heard anything sir?

reluctantnicko: @shirleymush The Dutch are very good at self publicity... Heard u wanted Prem experience. Or that's what u told other candidates.

shirleymush: @reluctantnicko Dutch media reporting Koeman'a been offered SFC job. Heard anything sir?

reluctantnicko: @shirleymush The Dutch are very good at self publicity... Heard u wanted Prem experience. Or that's what u told other candidates.

Oh god, Hughton or Mclaren then :uhoh:

Its a story simply lifting things from Twitter that we are discussing in the other thread. It makes assumptions based on the Twitter photo. Nothing new to see, its "journalism" at its worst (well not quite that).

"Ronald Koeman spotted on the way to Southampton"

Coach Ronald Koeman has been spotted in England. He was at Heathrow Airport in London and from there would have traveled to Southampton, reports a Twitterer. NOS presenter Tom Egbers underlines this story. He writes, "Koeman approached by Southampton Football Club."

Koeman is currently without employer. Last season he took leave Feyenoord he guided to a second place this year. If Koeman goes to work in the Premier League, is that the first time.

Previously, he worked it all in Portugal and Spain. Southampton is looking for a new coach Mauricio Pochettino has now moved to Tottenham Hotspur. A decision on his successor would soon be already taken.

Edited by Matthew Le God

A fake Austin. Hmmmm

Does this mean we are getting a fake manager?

That twonk who tried to board the England Flight perchance?

A fake Austin or a real Les Reed? This is pretty much how I think Les Reed sees himself now Cortese has gone.

If Koeman was here yesterday and went home, its not really evidence of anything except the probability that he was interviewed. Doesn't exclude one or more other candidates and doesn't mean that a decision has been taken. Whoever gets the job will be in Southampton when the announcement is made for the photoshoot and press conference or press release. If it is to be Koeman, and I think many fans would be extremely pleased if it is, he'll have to get back here quite soon.

he might have just popped home for a new suit, he may be back already

That would be shortsighted of us. By all means bring some prem experience into the back room staff; get the best manager for the job though.

RK for me now! Get it done.

Says on the BBC article about Lallana that he's hoping Southampton will get a new manager soon so he can complete his move before the WC. Might it be in Southampton's interest not to disclose that they had recruited a new manager until late enough that it can't be completed?

Says on the BBC article about Lallana that he's hoping Southampton will get a new manager soon so he can complete his move before the WC. Might it be in Southampton's interest not to disclose that they had recruited a new manager until late enough that it can't be completed?

What September 1st?

Who does that benefit?

Couple of things wrong with this -

1. It makes no difference whether we have a manager or not whether we sell him. We should sell him as and when suits us

2. WHat is his beef about getting his move before the wc?

Far from done just yet it seems...

SkySportsAmy: Told Southampton have worked out a shortlist for manager job. Going to be speaking to no more than 6 candidates in next week or so

Hope it's not going to be like our search for a CEO then, interview a few and then appoint the tea-boy.

Another association of distressed bookies benefit week then.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Couple of things wrong with this -

1. It makes no difference whether we have a manager or not whether we sell him. We should sell him as and when suits us

2. WHat is his beef about getting his move before the wc?

1. True, but the club have said they want this order: I. Recruit manager. II. Transfers.

2. No idea, probably Liverpool want it done quickly because they then know what other players they need.

i expect he knows he will not get either jobs and is not on the final shortlists so hence why he has ruled himself out .

SkySportsAmy: Told Southampton have worked out a shortlist for manager job. Going to be speaking to no more than 6 candidates in next week or so

SkySportsSaintArmstrong: Believe Southampton are looking for a new manager. Going to be appointing manager before start of the season.

ITK

CLUB WITHOUT MANAGER TALKING TO CANDIDATES TO BE MANAGER

A high profile name is important I think to show our increased standing since we appointed Pochettino. I'd really like us to be ambitious and get Benitez in. That'd calm any worries of players that we're not looking to progress.

Lol why stop there? Why not Maurinho or Guardiola?!

There's a Koeman waiting to be signed

He tried to come and meet us

But Levy blew his mind.

Is it Koeman?

The saints web wait and see

He flew over with Caulker

Who left his family

He told me:

Let the Lallana lose it

Let the Krueger prove it

Let all the children transfer.

Let's hope we can get a Star man.

Wouldnt pay much attention, She is about as quick is James beattie in quicksand. often days behind

I'm in my prime position at work at Heathrow T123, I'll let you know if I see anyone resembling Koeman/Goldmember heading towards the National Express coaches. I once saw Bobby Zamora (at the time playing for West Ham) in an Arsenal t shirt. I thought I might have been ITK then until I remembered Zamora was never good enough to play for them!

I did just see Chris Hughton but I sold him a single to Harwich International, to get rid of him. (This may not be true...)