Koeman's first Southampton press conference 11/7/14

Matthew Le God

Why do people always think we are going to unveil a new signing at a pre scheduled press conference, I don't think we have ever done this.

Today's press conference will be a press conference with the manager.

Will be great to hear from him and hopefully the questions will be good!

I think all the reporters are going to be a bit confused. They can no longer ask 'Is Luke Shaw going to stay?' or 'Are you succeeding Sherwood as Tottenham manager?' ad nauseum.

I would expect questions about Schneiderlin and Lovren at the very least, and about other potential transfer targets.

How much of an answer we get remains to be seen, but hopefully he'll also have plenty to say about pre-season so far and his preparation of the squad, perhaps about any youngsters making a step up or not.

I'm going to miss the little translator, with his ever-changing beard/hairstyle combo. :(

Unless?

Dang! I had forgotten about that little fella. He seemed a nice chap. I wonder what he's up to now... We never got to say goodbye to him *sniff*

How come Koeman has now got 894,000 followers on twitter when he only had 100,000 at Feyenoord? Seems odd - Saints aren't a better supported club.

The rareness of having a Premier League manager on Twitter means people from all over the world (Saints fans or not) will want to follow him.

How come Koeman has now got 894,000 followers on twitter when he only had 100,000 at Feyenoord? Seems odd - Saints aren't a better supported club.

I followed him after I bet on him being our next manager as I got a tip off a few weeks before he became our manager that he had talks with us. He only had 67K then or something around that figure!

The rareness of having a Premier League manager on Twitter means people from all over the world (Saints fans or not) will want to follow him.

Gary Monk only has 21.6K :lol: https://twitter.com/GarryMonk16

Okay, when combined with being a very high profile player and relatively high profile manager. Neither applies to Gary Monk relative to Ronald Koeman.

Something fishy going on with that, when you click through his followers most of them have no posts.

Something fishy going on with that, when you click through his followers most of them have no posts.

You are making it sound like you have a lot of time on your hands by suggesting that you have looked through most of Koeman's twitter followers to ascertain whether a majority even tweet or not! ;)

You are making it sound like you have a lot of time on your hands by suggesting that you have looked through most of Koeman's twitter followers to ascertain whether a majority even tweet or not! ;)

Ha! Not most, I was amazed how quickly his followers went up so clicked through a few, they were nearly all fake.

If you say you are starting at 3pm why don't you. It cannot be that difficult!

If it's broadcast Live on SSN I blame them for endlessly reporting the inevitable Luis Suarez departure instead of getting ready for this Press Conference

Who is on transcript duties? I can't watch his because I'm supposedly working.

The broadcast section will be on Saints Player this evening, the BBC interview will be on the radio today/tomorrow morning, the OS will write it up, the BBC website will have a report and probably short video of it later and SSN will show clips of it all day.