Rodgers tapping up?

CB Fry

Just heard Brendan Rodgers on Five Live talking about preparations for the new season. Was asked about further strikers to replace Suarez and came out with this.

“Jay Rodriguez would certainly be an option, but it won’t be cheap I think. We’ll have to see.”

Unbelievable.

Hope we give Rogers hell on the opening day. One of the most arrogant men in football. Signing four players from a team that finished 8th to try and win the title? Yeah good one Brendan. You utter prat.

Did he really say that? The irony is that Rodriguez wouldn't be an adequate replacement for Suarez.

It's not on a par with Koeman's comment on Vlaar (which was wrong). Liverpool are taking the p**s in this transfer window.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_217 using Tapatalk

It's veiled irony, he misquoting something RoKo was supposed to have said the other day in relation to Ron Vlaar.

He's just trying to point out the hypocrisy of the forum publicum

It doesn't really work as veiled irony, as it's not the same as the quote attributed to Koeman.

It doesn't really work as veiled irony, as it's not the same as the quote attributed to Koeman.

Well I pasted it from the other thread, but obviously not from the original Dutch.

It is different to Rodgers though, you're right. I don't think Brendan at any point made any public statements about any of our players before they'd signed them. So very different, yep.

Just heard Brendan Rodgers on Five Live talking about preparations for the new season. Was asked about further strikers to replace Suarez and came out with this.

“Jay Rodriguez would certainly be an option, but it won’t be cheap I think. We’ll have to see.”

Unbelievable.

How is that tapping up, openly declaring that you are targeting a player whilst the transfer window is open surely is fair game nowadays. It's not like meeting said players agent in a hotel and agreeing a fee before even speaking to said players club.

CB Fry I think you need to keep your outrage in check son.

Well I pasted it from the other thread, but obviously not from the original Dutch.

It is different to Rodgers though, you're right. I don't think Brendan at any point made any public statements about any of our players before they'd signed them. So very different, yep.

The quote I saw appeared to be Koeman answering a question on Vlaar and replying that yes, he was an option (which he shouldn't have stated), bit different to the levels of tapping up that Liverpool seem to have undertaken so far this year, Lovren's comments for example.

Unbelievable.

Harry Redknapp has been doing stuff like that for years.

The quote I saw appeared to be Koeman answering a question on Vlaar and replying that yes, he was an option (which he shouldn't have stated), bit different to the levels of tapping up that Liverpool seem to have undertaken so far this year, Lovren's comments for example.

Is making an offer tapping up now? Fair enough.

Well Lovren seemed to believe additional offers had come in for him that Saints hadn't told him about, those quotes pointed clearly to tapping up.

Additional offers to what?

Lovren complained that Saints hadn't told him about the bid from Liverpool which he then found out about and then started spouting off. He most likely found out from his agent or through the press. Not really Liverpool tapping up if they have made an offer and I think we all agree they have.

Unbelievable.

Well, I note this change of tune with interest.

Does this mean you're prepared to put some stock in the "Stevie G tapped up our players at the WC" theory?

Well, I note this change of tune with interest.

Does this mean you're prepared to put some stock in the "Stevie G tapped up our players at the WC" theory?

Don't worry about it sweetheart. I made up the first post. Took a bit of inspiration from your "great resource" forum and just lied.

Don't worry about it sweetheart. I made up the first post. Took a bit of inspiration from your "great resource" forum and just lied.

Ah very good. There's symmetry here.

This thread, much like its starter, is not to be taken seriously,

(so is it just the attention you like, or the opportunity to call other men "sweetheart" - there are plenty of places that'll accommodate both)

If I were EPL manager interested in signing a player and I was asked a direct question about ANOTHER player I was NOT interested in signing; I would have no problem agreeing with the question and saying publicly 'yes, he is a good player, but a bit expensive'.

Does not mean I am actively perusing that player at all. In fact it would help keep prying noses away from my actual transfer interests.

Journo: would Suarez solve your striker issue?

Manager: yes, Suarez is a great player and would be brilliant at my club, but he is a bit too expensive.

Additional offers to what?

Lovren complained that Saints hadn't told him about the bid from Liverpool which he then found out about and then started spouting off. He most likely found out from his agent or through the press. Not really Liverpool tapping up if they have made an offer and I think we all agree they have.

Ok, additional offers, plus the original offer, as per his quotes, how did he or his representatives find out about them?

Ok, additional offers, plus the original offer, as per his quotes, how did he or his representatives find out about them?

Pretty difficult to keep that stuff quiet. Agents, Journos all talk. All we did was to not officially tell Lovren, because we didn't accept it and weren't obliged to. He was never going to not find out.

Pretty difficult to keep that stuff quiet. Agents, Journos all talk. All we did was to not officially tell Lovren, because we didn't accept it and weren't obliged to. He was never going to not find out.

And his agent would have been informed by Liverpool, it's tapping up, simple enough.

Don't see what's particularly controversial about the statement, especially as the context is probably missing. Quite possible that the player's name was brought up by the journo, prompting a specific response. Players names are thrown around this way all the time. Either way, how can there be tapping up if the club has followed all the proper channels/procedures behind the scenes. The only error is the naievity of discussing confidential matters in public.

In short, the OP has made a massive tit of himself yet again - first in using a hopelessly irrelevant example to attempt to expose mongboard hypocrisy and two in failing to get the angry, swivel-eyed response he was hoping.

Bless his little cotton socks for trying though.

Edited by shurlock

Don't see what's particularly controversial about the statement, especially as the context is probably missing. Quite possible that the player's name was brought up by the journo, prompting a specific response. Either way, how can there be tapping up if the club has followed all the proper channels/procedures behind the scenes. The only error is the naievity of discussing confidential matters in public.

In short, the OP has again made a massive tit of himself yet again - first in using a hopelessly irrelevant example to attempt to expose mongboard hypocrisy and two in failing to get the angry, swivel-eyed response he was hoping.

To me, it's just another case of username falling far short of the inspiration. The famous CB Fry was noted for being proficient in many areas. Our version can only really do three things:-

1) The middle-aged playground bully act

2) Stating the obvious all fúcking day long

3) The "I'm so annoyed with what you just said" ragin' spectacular

When it comes down to it, you can distill those to one thing, really.

1) Talking complete bóllocks.

I know you like the Small Fry tag for him, but I wouldn't mind giving "Complete Bollócks Fry" a run-out. He still gets to be CB Fry, but we'd have a handy way of telling him apart from the one that achieved stuff in his life.

Don't see what's particularly controversial about the statement, especially as the context is probably missing. Quite possible that the player's name was brought up by the journo, prompting a specific response. Players names are thrown around this way all the time. Either way, how can there be tapping up if the club has followed all the proper channels/procedures behind the scenes. The only error is the naievity of discussing confidential matters in public.

In short, the OP has again made a massive tit of himself yet again - first in using a hopelessly irrelevant example to attempt to expose mongboard hypocrisy and two in failing to get the angry, swivel-eyed response he was hoping.

It was pretty transparent link, the Koeman Vlaar quote was being discussed on the other thread high up the forum.

I didn't expect anyone to fall for it except passing traffic or utter effing morons. Luckily Pap didn't let me down.

To me, it's just another case of username falling far short of the inspiration. The famous CB Fry was noted for being proficient in many areas. Our version can only really do three things:-

I know you like the Small Fry tag for him, but I wouldn't mind giving "Complete Bollócks Fry" a run-out. He still gets to be CB Fry, but we'd have a handy way of telling him apart from the one that achieved stuff in his life.

:lol: Spot on and hilariously funny

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

It was pretty transparent link, the Koeman Vlaar quote was being discussed on the other thread high up the forum.

Why the need for another thread though? Although I admit it was mildly funny, I am not sure where you are coming from? Are you defending RK or 'exposing' him? Or defending BR and exposing the hypocrisy of TSW? I am a little confused!

Do you honestly consider the quote, in context, as "tapping up"?

Was it not a genuine reply to a direct question about Vlaar?

What was RK meant to say; "Oh yeah, I know Ron really well, but he is crap and slow, I would never sign him"?

Sorry CB; just trying to see who or what you were trying to catch (other than pap) with this net!?!?

If only, my autocorrect can learn the accent aigu ;)

:nod:

Why the need for another thread though? Although I admit it was mildly funny, I am not sure where you are coming from? Are you defending RK or 'exposing' him? Or defending BR and exposing the hypocrisy of TSW? I am a little confused!

Do you honestly consider the quote, in context, as "tapping up"?

Was it not a genuine reply to a direct question about Vlaar?

What was RK meant to say; "Oh yeah, I know Ron really well, but he is crap and slow, I would never sign him"?

Sorry CB; just trying to see who or what you were trying to catch (other than pap) with this net!?!?

Brilliant way to spend your life, isn't it?

Starting threads about topics you have no interest in just to "catch" others.

The only person who has been caught here is Complete Bóllocks Fry. It was only a few weeks ago that he was harrassing anyone that suggested Stevie G might be having quiet words in Southampton shell-likes at Camp England. The bloke is such a purveyor of complete bóllocks that he probably forgot the specifics of complete bollócks he was aiming at the Stevie G conspiracy crowd when starting this thread.

That's why when I asked whether he'd changed his tune, he announced that the entire thread was a lie.

Or complete bóllocks, in other words ;)

Unbelievable.

Jay Rod has failed to accept his 5 year contract offer according to rumours. Why would he do that unless it makes him more expensive? Brendan Rodgers has managed the banana and Lambert moves to his benefit. Has placed sweetly mice in Lovrens head, so yes... He is tapping up Jay Rod.

lol

*egoue

If I remember my French lessons from school correctly...

Aigu would be better if we're talking about acute ones.

Those with I-thingies might like to know that if you leave your finger resting on the letter then the various accented options will pop up and you can slide across to the one you prefer. Those who already know can just wear a smug grin.

Aigu would be better if we're talking about acute ones.

Those with I-thingies might like to know that if you leave your finger resting on the letter then the various accented options will pop up and you can slide across to the one you prefer. Those who already know can just wear a smug grin.

But the other type of accent is "grave" right? RIGHT?!?!

(Today is a day for showing off for me)

How is that tapping up, openly declaring that you are targeting a player whilst the transfer window is open surely is fair game nowadays. It's not like meeting said players agent in a hotel and agreeing a fee before even speaking to said players club.

CB Fry I think you need to keep your outrage in check son.

Just because he shouts it from the rooftops doesn't mean to say he is not 'tapping up'.

He is!