LIVE: Ronald Koeman pre-match press conference - Bayer Leverkusen - Youtube stream

Matthew Le God

Koeman was pretty adamant about him going nowhere and being wanted. It's one thing for the Chairman to say it and make his position tricky, but there's no way the manager is going to stick his neck out on that point I reckon.

Morgan stays until January.

Thought Jose was very diplomatic about it as well. Didn't throw MS under the bus and said the team would do all it can to keep him welcome.

I'd argue it's in the club's interest to keep him for now, even if he never plays a match. Absolute statements have been made. For Kruger and the club's credibility they have to show that no means no. If they do, my guess is that MS won't play first few games, but will eventually come round. It's not in his professional interest to sulk all year either. I thought Jose was impressive in what he said about Morgan. Don't give up yet.

If they do capitulate, it really does put a big black mark on Kruger's credibility, even if it seems to make short term sense.

Koeman looked bordering on furious in that presser. Did you see his body language? Hard to know if it's the lack of signings, Morgan's tantrum or something else. Worried though...

I would be furious if Hooiveld was one injury away from playing PL football. In fact, I am furious about it.

Schneiderlin is clearly going to leave. If he hasn't calmed down by now its unliekly he suddenly will.

More about the club showing some balls which they have, but ultimately if we get a big offer he will go because he wants to, and thats what happens.

By all accounts, Spurs have only offered £10m for him so far, so as long as that situation keeps up, he's going nowhere. If (and it's a big if, considering this is Daniel "last day of the window" Levy we're dealing with) Spurs double the offer (at least) then we may have to reconsider, but we're not at that stage yet.

Deadline day, once we've got all our ins we will confirm we've sold him imo.

Koeman's comments live seemed to suggest he was pretty angry with Morgan. What does it say if for example JWP has worked really hard all pre season then gets replaced next Saturday by someone who has been showing an awful attitude and doesn't want to play for the club?

Quite clearly Schneiderlin won't play at Anfield, and I would say its far, far more likey that not that he won't play for us again at all.

Morgan not playing Saturday. Mentally and physically not right.

He will never play for Saints again, it's been painfully obvious for a couple of weeks. If Koeman has been unable to turn his mind, what hope is there? Krueger?!

Can't put a glass half full on Scheiderlin I'm afraid, he's burnt his bridges. Jay Rod next player to 'strike' ?? Bit tricky when you're broken, but until he renews his contract it would seem he's the next to join the exodus.

Too little steel too late.

Oh well, at least we have another Centre Back!! :) yipppeeeee!

Schneiderlin is clearly going to leave. If he hasn't calmed down by now its unliekly he suddenly will.

More about the club showing some balls which they have, but ultimately if we get a big offer he will go because he wants to, and thats what happens.

Don't think it is as simple as that. Ralph's credibility rests on keeping him, and he has been pretty categorical on the issue.

Might see a similar situation with Modric at Spurs. He starts the season a bit miffed, maybe missing the first game or two with 'his head not being in the right place', but once the transfer window closes he knuckles down, with a broad agreement that should we get once more decent season out of him, he is free to go.

He will never play for Saints again, it's been painfully obvious for a couple of weeks. If Koeman has been unable to turn his mind, what hope is there? Krueger?!

Can't put a glass half full on Scheiderlin I'm afraid, he's burnt his bridges. Jay Rod next player to 'strike' ?? Bit tricky when you're broken, but until he renews his contract it would seem he's the next to join the exodus.

Too little steel too late.

Oh well, at least we have another Centre Back!! :) yipppeeeee!

Those that don't want to be here can **** off, but for the price we set (and hopefully no-one to spurs).

Koeman's comments live seemed to suggest he was pretty angry with Morgan. What does it say if for example JWP has worked really hard all pre season then gets replaced next Saturday by someone who has been showing an awful attitude and doesn't want to play for the club?

Quite clearly Schneiderlin won't play at Anfield, and I would say its far, far more likey that not that he won't play for us again at all.

Spurs have remained very confident of signing him all through. No doubt they've agreed this strategy with Schneiderlin and it stinks. We shouldnt let him go unless the offer is stonking and Spurs pay top price.

MS is in danger of ending up in the reserves. If Lovren is worth £20 million then so is Morgan. Spurs won't pay that so they can go away. All clubs will have several options so Spurs will end up looking elsewhere. I hope he's smart enough to get it.

Seriously, how can footballers actually go on strike? There are no grounds for industrial action. He is under contract and hasn't been mistreated. There are no changes to the terms of his employment, surely? It's about time a club took a player to court for breaking the terms of their contract.

Spurs have remained very confident of signing him all through. No doubt they've agreed this strategy with Schneiderlin and it stinks. We shouldnt let him go unless the offer is stonking and Spurs pay top price.

I'd suggest:

We shouldnt let him go unless the offer is stonking and someone other than Spurs pay top price

By all accounts, Spurs have only offered £10m for him so far, so as long as that situation keeps up, he's going nowhere. If (and it's a big if, considering this is Daniel "last day of the window" Levy we're dealing with) Spurs double the offer (at least) then we may have to reconsider, but we're not at that stage yet.

£10m?! Blimey, MoPo must have placed a lot of sweetly mice in his head to encourage him to 'strike' for that!

Morgan is worth more than anyone we sold including Shaw imo

Spurs won't want to deal with us if we are putting huge prices on players we actually want to keep,Levy is known to be a tight arse when it comes to transfers.

Disappointed in Morgan imo,never thought he would do this and always thought he would be more professional,however actions from previous players and there behaviour has made him react like this

Morgan is worth more than anyone we sold including Shaw imo

Spurs won't want to deal with us if we are putting huge prices on players we actually want to keep,Levy is known to be a tight arse when it comes to transfers.

Disappointed in Morgan imo,never thought he would do this and always thought he would be more professional,however actions from previous players and there behaviour has made him react like this

Was he not told he could leave if the club received suitable compensation, I think he was, several seemingly reliable sources have said that. In his mind he was being allowed to

leave for one of the 2 North London clubs, highest bidder. Then Ralph wet his knickers and gated him, he's firking ****ed off and rightly so.

Edited by Window Cleaner

That makes a little more sense, but why would we want either Holtby or Chiriches?

That I couldn't say, it was like that to start with, then Chadli got involved somewhere but he didn't want to play for us, saw it as a step down I expect.

Now they'll offer cash only, about 21 million £, take it or leave it I expect.

Was he not told he could leave if the club received suitable compoensation, I think he was, several seemingly reliable sources have said that. In his mind he was being allowed to

leave for one of the 2 North London clubs, highest bidder. Then Ralph wet his knickers and gated him, he's firking ****ed off and rightly so.

The bit I've highlighted is the important part for me. At this stage, the club hasn't received an offer that comes remotely close to his value.

Was he not told he could leave if the club received suitable compoensation, I think he was, several seemingly reliable sources have said that. In his mind he was being allowed to

This bit is key - apparently neither have come up with a "suitable" figure.

That I couldn't say, it was like that to start with, then Chadli got involved somewhere but he didn't want to play for us, saw it as a step down I expect.

Now they'll offer cash only, about 21 million £, take it or leave it I expect.

Hopefully, we'll "leave it".

Me too. I think you have to add MoPo's influence into his state of mind too though. Only way he seems to be able to afford him is if he keeps him sulking.

Was he not told he could leave if the club received suitable compensation, I think he was, several seemingly reliable sources have said that. In his mind he was being allowed to

Not rightly so, in your own post you state if the club received suitable compensation, we obviously haven't received that yet so hence Morgan is going no where, shall we just let him go for pittence because he started whinging and being a d1ck? No, we wait until we receive what the club believes to be his worth like all of the players that have left.