LIVE: Ronald Koeman pre-match press conference - Bayer Leverkusen - Youtube stream

Matthew Le God

What an absolute surprise

More Bullsh*t from SFC

Musn't get him injured, thus preventing his transfer, more like

And still thousands believe he'll be in a Saints shirt again

What an absolute surprise

More Bullsh*t from St Richmond

Just watched it again. Wasn't a very positive conference despite Fontes news. Did it get cut short? Seems to end very quickly.

Was strange how short it was. No questions about the game, nothing on Taider.

Seemed almost like they knew they had to have a presser but didnt really want to. In the end all that comes out in the national media will be more negativity re Schneiderlin, when if they had allowed it to carry on there could have been more positives.

Not rightly so, in your own post you state if the club received suitable compensation, we obviously haven't received that yet so hence Morgan is going no where, shall we just let him go for pittence because he started whinging and being a d1ck? No, we wait until we receive what the club believes to be his worth like all of the players that have left.

Receiving suitable compensation and being told that there's no way you're leaving this summer aren't the same thing at all. Krueger was definitive, no means no no matter what anyone offers....we'll see come 11 pm on the 1st September.

Seemed almost like they knew they had to have a presser but didnt really want to. In the end all that comes out in the national media will be more negativity re Schneiderlin, when if they had allowed it to carry on there could have been more positives.

What's Taider got to do with it, he's been here about 5 days, probably won't play any part tomorrow. He'll be a bit part player you know, last 20 sub like Cork for most of last season.

Was he not told he could leave if the club received suitable compensation, I think he was, several seemingly reliable sources have said that. In his mind he was being allowed to

leave for one of the 2 North London clubs, highest bidder. Then Ralph wet his knickers and gated him, he's firking ****ed off and rightly so.

That's all very well from his point of view, bottom line is his contract and what he is worth, that is for the club to decide. It would be unrealistic that his fee would be less than Lallana's or Shaw's. Levy/Pochettino/Schneiderlin are in cloud cuckoo land if they think they can buy him on the cheap. I'm sure if TH offer top dollar we will let him go.

What's Taider got to do with it, he's been here about 5 days, probably won't play any part tomorrow. He'll be a bit part player you know, last 20 sub like Cork for most of last season.

Why do you think that? Ryan Bertrand signed on 30th July, trained with his Saints teammates for the first time on the morning of the 31st July and played against Brighton later on the same day.

To be honest a 3 year contract for Fonte is good news but not anything like the super positives that Krueger hinted at for this week. Clearly we can expect players in, but Schnederlin is not now going to be ready for Liverpool (& is unlikely to feature for us again)and Koeman is clearly frustrated. I'd say that - apart from Koemans refreshing honesty - that goes down as more of a PR negative than positive.

Happy for Fonte though.

That's all very well from his point of view, bottom line is his contract and what he is worth, that is for the club to decide. It would be unrealistic that his fee would be less than Lallana's or Shaw's. Levy/Pochettino/Schneiderlin are in cloud cuckoo land if they think they can buy him on the cheap. I'm sure if TH offer top dollar we will let him go.

Perhaps they should make that fact known to him then, just now I'm sure he feels trapped at Saints by virtue of Krusty's nulle prosequi speeches on 2 occasions.

Why do you think that? Ryan Bertrand signed on 30th July, trained with his Saints teammates for the first time on the morning of the 31st July and played against Brighton later on the same day.

Why do I think that ? Good question really but I'm not at all sure that Koeman sees Taider as the sort of player he really wants, probably because as of yet he knows relatively little about him and his usual position is not an area we're short on.

Perhaps they should make that fact known to him then, just now I'm sure he feels trapped at Saints by virtue of Krusty's nulle prosequi speeches on 2 occasions.

It's up to Spurs to make the offer that makes every player for sale. Unless they make it obvious to everybody that is too much to turn down Krueger has nowhere to go and neither does Schneiderlin. I personally think we should unload him and Rodriguez now for silly money if they aren't committed whatever Krueger has said.

been on strike since sunday and not trained at club since.

He's an embarrassment to himself. The only mitigation is that IMHO he was clearly given the nod that he could leave until Ralph decided enough sh1t had hit the fan with the departures and he was belatedly putting his foot down. Still, a contract is a contract Morgan.

It's up to Spurs to make the offer that makes every player for sale. Unless they make it obvious to everybody that is too much to turn down Krueger has nowhere to go and neither does Schneiderlin. I personally think we should unload him and Rodriguez now for silly money if they aren't committed whatever Krueger has said.

But they are committed to what Krueger has said. If either player is sold before the 2nd September then Krueger's position becomes untenable. He went out there on a limb in what we can only surmise was a panic attack and now there is no way back for him, what is more he repeated it again this week although that may have been a pre-recorded interview at about the same time as the other one.

He's an embarrassment to himself. The only mitigation is that IMHO he was clearly given the nod that he could leave until Ralph decided enough sh1t had hit the fan with the departures and he was belatedly putting his foot down. Still, a contract is a contract Morgan.

And a promise is a promise,

It's all very well acting like a spoiled prat, Lovren/Lallana spring to mind, but he has to remember Levy isn't Liverpool and money talks. If he pushes SFC into a corner he may lose his international career and waste half a season. He certainly won't be ready for Liverpool or anyone else until the window closes and he has nowhere to go.

Really hope the club stick to their guns over Schneiderlin.

He shouldn't have signed a contract with us if he didn't want to be here. No sympathy, grow up.

Yep, I'd be more then happy to see his career waste away in the reserves for a few years. It'd be the most enjoyable thing to come out of this summer and would send a message to anyone planning on doing it in the future, they should've done the same to Lovren and didn't and it cost them.

But they are committed to what Krueger has said. If either player is sold before the 2nd September then Krueger's position becomes untenable. He went out there on a limb in what we can only surmise was a panic attack and now there is no way back for him, what is more he repeated it again this week although that may have been a pre-recorded interview at about the same time as the other one.

Not to a lot of people. Mega money lets him off the hook. TH won't offer enough in any event so that's it. I'd sooner he never played again in this mood. Bring in a replacement now and leave him to stew. Sort it in January for the right price or not at all.

Shame we no longer have a decent lawyer at the club to launch a case against Spurs for unstablising one of our best players. They've been at it non stop thru all their media and rumour spreading buddies. The entire country are our witnesses.

Something that hasn't been raised is that Morgan spent a week in Barcelona before he returned from vacation. It will be certain he will have met with Levy or other Spurs directors to lie up a contract.

He's not doing his France career any good. They play mid September.

Where ambition commences, so ends ones happiness................. Hungarian saying, which is very true.

Not to a lot of people. Mega money lets him off the hook. TH won't offer enough in any event so that's it. I'd sooner he never played again in this mood. Bring in a replacement now and leave him to stew. Sort it in January for the right price or not at all.

The problem with leaving it to January is his value is likely to drop due to a number of factors; having not played, not many significant transfers in January and Spurs will probably made an alternative signing this window. So, whilst I agree with your sentiments we are better to get top dollar for him now and not have him drawing a wage and getting diddly squat in return. I don't think we're that well off to be honest.

Who made the promise NC or the current board?

Could be both but, again only my opinion, it seems fairly obvious that discussions were at an advanced stage in recent weeks. Do you honestly believe Ralph didn't discuss this with the Spurs representatives who entertained him in Toronto?

How did Koeman seem in the PC? Mood wise?

Fine, Sky are now running with the comments:

"The player makes it difficult... the situation is not changed, we don't sell Schneiderlin and he has to accept that, he is tomorrow not in the squad because he said he's not in a physical but even more not in a mental way prepared for tomorrow. On one side I can understand that, but we said ok, we'll give you the weekend off to think about this situation, and Monday morning we have training session, and we have one week to prepare to the first away match against Liverpool, you continue as football player of Southampton, and now it's up to him".

The problem with leaving it to January is his value is likely to drop due to a number of factors; having not played, not many significant transfers in January and Spurs will probably made an alternative signing this window. So, whilst I agree with your sentiments we are better to get top dollar for him now and not have him drawing a wage and getting diddly squat in return. I don't think we're that well off to be honest.

Yes financially we'd be better off selling now and getting top dollar but what we'll have done then is **** ourselves because every player will now know that they can sign a contract on a nice new fat salary and then force a move as soon as a club comes in. I am behind the club on this one. Stick to their guns and yes we take a hit money wise but it will put a marker down to current and future players....... You signed the contract you ****ing honor it .

Yes financially we'd be better off selling now and getting top dollar but what we'll have done then is **** ourselves because every player will now know that they can sign a contract on a nice new fat salary and then force a move as soon as a club comes in. I am behind the club on this one. Stick to their guns and yes we take a hit money wise but it will put a marker down to current and future players....... You signed the contract you ****ing honor it .

In principle I completely agree as I've said previously. In reality that's not going to happen. We can't afford for it to for one thing.

Our best hope is that we can get Arsenal and Spurs in a bidding war but it would seem only Spurs are showing any interest at this stage.

Can someone tell me how you can't be in mental position to play a friendly ?

I play most Sunday league games the morning after a Saturday session and I can tell you I am not Physically or mentally prepared for that.

This is a guy that is earning in a week what some earn in a year,how can you not be prepared for something you have done all your life ?

Shame we no longer have a decent lawyer at the club to launch a case against Spurs for unstablising one of our best players. They've been at it non stop thru all their media and rumour spreading buddies. The entire country are our witnesses.

Something that hasn't been raised is that Morgan spent a week in Barcelona before he returned from vacation. It will be certain he will have met with Levy or other Spurs directors to lie up a contract.

He's not doing his France career any good. They play mid September.

Where ambition commences, so ends ones happiness................. Hungarian saying, which is very true.

If he is refusing to play then stop paying him. Tell him he can leave when his contract that he willingly signed expires, then ignore him.

Not as good as selling him for top whack but in a perverse sort of way much more satisfying.

The players hold the aces these days - once they want out it is rare they stay. I have an old saying, "when the pendulum needs to swing it usually swings too far". Players needed emancipation in the 60s but look at how ridiculous it has become and now Ralph Krueger has dug himself a big hole.

Edited by Fitzhugh Fella

Schniederlin has gone on strike, dress it up how you want

Stick him in the reserves until he plays but if we cave in to this **** we may as well give up

Agree with that one, but he will go sooner or later.....If he's not happy at SMS I wouldn't want him anywhere near the dressing room .......

If he is refusing to play then stop paying him. Tell him he can leave when his contract that he willingly signed expires, then ignore him.

Not as good as selling him for top whack but in a perverse sort of way much more satisfying.

the peanuts he probably gets from us will quickly be caught up once he gets to a better club.

The players hold the aces these days - once they want out it is rare they stay. I have an old saying, "when the pendulum needs to swing it usually swings too far". Players needed emancipation in the 60s but look at how ridiculous it has become and now Ralph Krueger has dug himself a big hole.

Indeed, all it needed was for Krueger to say ..well nothing, that would suit most people I think. He needs to just p*ss off or get some new commercial business in, which is what he's supposed to be doing if I remember correctly.

I agree. There's nothing more annoying than workers with a sense of entitlement who have no respect for their employer's legitimate business needs.