Attendance figure for home game v FC Midtjylland

manina-pub

I'm not going simply because I can't be assed. Plus I can put my feet up and watch on BT Sport HD. Also the beers in my fridge aren't £4.

This has absolutely embarrassed me. Completely full of shame and red faced over here after reading this.

Considering the ticket prices, not selling out would be an embarrassment.

:lol: :lol: Yes, yes oh yes it will won't it? I'm not sure how the club and us fans would recover if there were some plastic seats in a football stadium without the presence of a human bum on them whilst there were 22 men running around on a painted field. I mean, this would go down as one of the darkest days.

Keep selling our best players and soon nobody will want to go.

Well at least I'll I have good choice of seats. I was happy to go when we were in league one on -10 and would still go, when I could, if the club were playing Ryman League don't understand people who only want to support in the good times .

Having said there are a lot of games to go to this season home and away and while I admire anyone who has the time (and cash) to do them all I'm not one of them. Home games on my ST and European home games are my priority this season so I will be there tomorrow night.

Grow up. Hardly many peoples excuse. We should be selling at least 28,000 that cheap.

It'll put off at least a few hundred if not thousands, a Prem survey from when we were in the Prem first time around indicated Saints had one of the most widely-distributed fanbases, lots of people from outside the city.

Glad the ticket is only 15 quid, helps soften the blow of train fare down and airfare back up (actually cheaper than the train!!) from Lancashire. As I only get to see a few games a year and there always seems to be a bloody England blank weekend I would have gone regardless of the price!

I think the transport cost, on TV, post holidays and money already stumped up for 2 Euro games extra that normally wouldn't have been there at a time when attendances are notoriously lower than average anyway, 28000 wouldn't be too shabby bearing in mind a seemingly small away following as well. Hopefully whatever the crowd, it will an amazing atmosphere which will be quoted but without a scouse accent, as "one of those many great European Nights at SMS" in the future ;)

Another factor is people may well be saving up for the group matches and the possibility of some juicy eurotrip again.

Reckon it'll be around 28k which is a very good turn out if you ask me.

Yep agreed.

Take Everton and Tottenham last year; two clubs who have bigger fanbases than Saints (despite what MLG may say about the matter). Spurs averaged 27,000 for their home Europa Cup games, Everton 26,000. OK both clubs are in Europe more than we are so they don't have the novelty factor. But it sounds as if our average for the first 2 home Euro games will be around the 30K mark, which is pretty bloody good. August attendances are always the lowest of the season by historical trend.

The fact is a lot of fans don't care much about the Europa League and it's available to watch on TV. Anything around 30K is pretty damn good as far as I'm concerned. Anything below 25K would be disappointing, but it sounds as if we'll comfortably exceed that.

Do you know what ticket prices were at Everton/Spurs? (Do we know whether ticket prices will remain £15 if we progress?)

Spurs also no doubt view the EL as beneath them and that their deserved spot is in the CL. Certainly it isn't a novelty for them as they qualify most seasons. Me, I am delighted at the prospect of the EL and hope we can win this qualifying round. I will have absolutely no hesitation going to every game that I can. I suspect we won't qualify for it again this season so I fully intend to enjoy it while I can.

Do you know what ticket prices were at Everton/Spurs? (Do we know whether ticket prices will remain £15 if we progress?)

Spurs also no doubt view the EL as beneath them and that their deserved spot is in the CL. Certainly it isn't a novelty for them as they qualify most seasons. Me, I am delighted at the prospect of the EL and hope we can win this qualifying round. I will have absolutely no hesitation going to every game that I can. I suspect we won't qualify for it again this season so I fully intend to enjoy it while I can.

I went to the vitesse game. I have no desire to go to this.

middle of my summer hols so doing other stuff. football is on for many months so not too bothered this time of year when it is on telly

every season, our attendances dip slightly at the start of the season...

Spurs' tickets were £20 in most areas for their group games, which rose for the knockout stage. No idea about Everton's.

I'd expect ours to remain at £15 if we get through, with the possible exception of the "pot 1" team if it's a real big one like Dortmund.

Good summary Eric, it all adds up doesn't it? I'm going and will try and save a bit by going by car instead of train (not so good at that time of night) and only costing in the petrol. I'll save around a tenner on beers but that will go back in the budget for later rounds (we hope!). I'm not sure many people can afford to go to all the potential extra games.

Hopefully we have a big walk up for this game tomorrow night, the offer of a free match programme might encourage some, and it is a good price to see Saints take on the Danish champions. The number of tickets already sold by Saints is decent and comparable with a Premier League match , there is excess supply due to blocks 43, 44 and 45 additionally being allocated to the home support , and with Midtjylland only expecting around 200-300 in the away end that is already 1000 less fans than the Arnhem game which had 1400 away fans.

Lots of home games over a monthly period

30th July - Vitesse Arnhem – 30,850

02nd Aug - Espanyol – 14,730

15th Aug - Everton – 30,966

20th Aug - FC Midtjylland – estimate 27k

30th Aug - Norwich – estimate 30k

I'm going just for the free program!

Where are these damned free programmes? They were supposed to be on offer at the Vitesse game and I didn't see anyone handing them out (not that I brought my glasses so couldn't read it if I wanted to).

Where are these damned free programmes? They were supposed to be on offer at the Vitesse game and I didn't see anyone handing them out (not that I brought my glasses so couldn't read it if I wanted to).

They were supposed to be handed out at the turnstiles. They didn't give me any so I had to go back and collect my two from domeone who was standing just after the turnstiles in the concourse. They may have run out just before we came in.

According to FCM's website - an article about how Brentford fans will be keen to go to SMS - FCM had sold just 55 tickets on behalf of Brentford fans by yesterday; plus 54 FCM fans on a fan club bus, 40 sponsors on a plane, and 80 fans making their own way there.

The Danish league really isn't that great - I spent the last 8 years watching several FC Copenhagen games - typically disappointing in recent times. So although we have class on our side we risk slipping up here; FCM's record so far is impressive this season, and you can only play what's in front of you: 13 points from 5 games. So I hope RK will keep it solid in deep midfield and at the back after Saturday's debacle.

They were supposed to be handed out at the turnstiles. They didn't give me any so I had to go back and collect my two from someone who was standing just after the turnstiles in the concourse. They may have run out just before we came in.

I was given mine as soon as I got through the turnstile.

They were supposed to be handed out at the turnstiles. They didn't give me any so I had to go back and collect my two from someone who was standing just after the turnstiles in the concourse. They may have run out just before we came in.

They handed them out in the Northam as you came through the turnstiles too. They also left absolutely shedloads of them around on the concourse whilst we were leaving after the match and I know of someone who took a box home.

Obsessed aren't you ;)

In all fairness I thought they were bringing over 1,000. Not a bad turnout.

A lot of the 'fans' around me were obvious newcomers or at least irregulars. Many didn't seem to know where to go or even where the toilets were. The couple next to me spent most of the game playing with their phones. Why?