Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

What a sad start to our day down under. I feel like I have lost a close family member, even though the only moments we have shared were a couple of days at St Mary's and at Wembley, and the only thing we had in common was a passion for SFC.

RIP Markus, and my condolences to your family

When one individual can touch the lives of so many, especially in such a short space of time, then they must be blessed in some way.

I never ever met the man, nor did I speak to him - the closest I got to him was while occupying seat 207, row 5 of block 546 at Wembley Stadium on Sun 28 Mar 10.

That said, I feel immensely humbled and priviledged to of known of him, to be able to associate myself, through the team I love, to him.

There is only one Markus Liebherr.

He didn't just save our club, he put it in the position to progress up the leagues and achieve success. It's such a shame and so sad he won't be here to witness that, but his memory will live on with every goal scored, with every game won, and with every piece of silverware added to our trophy cabernet. I am am still proper shocked at the news, and saddened, Markus seemed a top bloke. Condolences to his family and of course, RIP Markus, gone but certainly not forgotten.

I went out tonight tonight for a drink as I was hurting so much at the untimely death of Markus. 62 is so youg and only a few years older than me.

In recent days certain individuals have commented on the loss of the spirit of southampton. Today we have really lost the spirit of southampton. Markus's smile was infectious that is the real spirit of Southampton

happiness and joyality. those huge screens at wembley typified the man. I remember at St May's sitting nearby how happy and contented he looked . From someone who has supported saints since 1963. for the short period youhave been with us you gave me so much pleasure and hpoe . Thnakyou. for those who knocked him rest your head in shame. Markus you are some one who epitomised the true spirit of southampton gone but not forgotten

It's truly impossible to overstate what Markus did for this club. More importantly than that though, my thoughts go to his family for their loss. A very sad day indeed.

Watching his pure, unalloyed delight at the JPT final brought tears to my eyes. Thank you Markus for all you've done for Southampton FC. Your memory will be with us always. RIP.

Markus you have changed a lot of people's life and made a community happy and proud to be Saints fans again.

We are all in your gratitude and we will never forget you. Though you were only with us a short time, your memories and legacy will live on with Southampton football club.

I wish your family well and RIP Markus Liebherr, you will always be a Saint

Of course we don't know the in's and out's but there is growing feeling looking at the message boards online that Markus was ill and knowingly bought the club and made provisions for the club for after his death to ensure we carried on.

If this is in fact true, what an incredible gesture from an incredible man. I am still totally, utterly choked.

Before I go to bed I would just like to say once more "God bless Markus, and rest in peace".

Never, ever will we forget you.

Thank you Marcus, you have made a lot of people smile in a very short time, Im just sorry you have been taken when the ride was just begining. RIP Marcus and best wishes to your friends and family, you will always be in our hearts.

I went out tonight tonight for a drink as I was hurting so much at the untimely death of Markus. 62 is so youg and only a few years older than me.

In recent days certain individuals have commented on the loss of the spirit of southampton. Today we have really lost the spirit of southampton. Markus's smile was infectious that is the real spirit of Southampton

happiness and joyality. those huge screens at wembley typified the man. I remember at St May's sitting nearby how happy and contented he looked . From someone who has supported saints since 1963. for the short period youhave been with us you gave me so much pleasure and hpoe . Thnakyou. for those who knocked him rest your head in shame. Markus you are some one who epitomised the true spirit of southampton gone but not forgotten

I couldn't agree more.

I am just stunned and saddened by it all.

Of course we don't know the in's and out's but there is growing feeling looking at the message boards online that Markus was ill and knowingly bought the club and made provisions for the club for after his death to ensure we carried on.

If this is in fact true, what an incredible gesture from an incredible man. I am still totally, utterly choked

If that does turn out to be true, he'll be more than a legend. In fact he is more than a legend, he's a saviour, a true gentleman and a saint.

He lived his life by excellent values and if a few more people were like him, the world would be a better place.

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

r.i.p markus liebherr

The Liebherr stand = Itchen

Great first post. This would be an absolutely fitting tribute to Markus, I really think we should try and make this happen. Or Maybe the Markus Liebherr Stand? I don't know.

Absolutely shocked at the news as everyone. You'll always be a Saint, never forgotten.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})