Who likes a rumour or two? Here you go...

Crab Lungs

I can't be bothered to type everything up now but here's a few interesting snippets from a conversation I had earlier.

* Cortese wants Europe within 2 seasons

* He's going to splash to cash both on and off the field

* Firstly, expect a couple of big signings (don't know when, but he's going to really go for it)

* £1m will be spent on revamping the corporate/media side of things to be aligned with European football, for example, the ground must have 40 different camera angles for European matches (I don't know the rules/regs on this, but that's what I was told)

* If we qualify for Europe the stadium will be expanded, with an additional tier added to the Kingsland.

I'm sure there was more I was told but I can't remember all of it right now. Enjoy, take the p1ss, do what you want with it!

I can't be bothered to type everything up now but here's a few interesting snippets from a conversation I had earlier.

* Firstly, expect a couple of big signings (don't know when, but he's going to really go for it)

* £1m will be spent on revamping the corporate/media side of things to be aligned with European football, for example, the ground must have 40 different camera angles for European matches (I don't know the rules/regs on this, but that's what I was told)

* If we qualify for Europe the stadium will be expanded, with an additional tier added to the Kingsland.

I'm sure there was more I was told but I can't remember all of it right now. Enjoy, take the p1ss, do what you want with it!

Good to finally hear some sense on this issue instead of MLG's constant "I think the the owners have a more accelerated than you think" speculation. It was always going to be a case of getting settled in the Prem for 2 or 3 years before looking to expand, now it seems its confirmed.

Europe within 2 years is achievable (not CL unless we go batsh*t mental, but Europa is definitely viable) but it needs a lot of investment, which it seems we may also get.

That would give about 8 weeks at most to get the 2nd tier done if we qualify for the Europa Noddy Cup. What they gonna do put up some scaffolding?

Pointless post mate, most of the (small) Dicks on here will just abuse you and not have a decent debate over it.

Europe ? If that means the Europa, then I'ld rather not. I'd sooner have a more successful season in the prem and have more chance of winning a domestic cup.

You speak as if its guaranteed that you can't do both. You can. Champions League adds on a huge amount of games to a league campaign but you don't hear Man United complaining that they'd prefer to focus on the PL and a domestic cup. That's because they're set up to do it all; as we should aim to be on a lesser scale.

Oh, and one other final one... they're currently (well, will be) doing a new hospitality section for the Kingsland, or something like that? Anyway, more "plush" seats I think!

Converting existing Kingsland centre seats into hospitality? I won't be happy if they force me to move!

That would give about 8 weeks at most to get the 2nd tier done if we qualify for the Europa Noddy Cup. What they gonna do put up some scaffolding?

MP has already said we'll turn it down on the off chance we did actually make it; he only wants to qualify for European football by earning it. A fair sentiment (although I personally wouldn't have minded a back door entry into European competition, take whatever riches you can IMO).

Converting existing Kingsland centre seats into hospitality? I won't be happy if they force me to move!

Not all of it, ha. It was to the right of the directors box I was led to believe, though I'm trying to tie up exactly what was said/what I remember... it had been a long day!

Can't really fault any of this, particularly the media/corporate side of things. The media hospitality is as basic as basic can be.

The point about wanting Europe? I could have told you that Cortese wants that.

That all seems reasonable especially the bit of about the stadium and good to see Cortese has a sensible, measured approach to it which is what you'd expect from an outstanding chairman and successful banker who knows what he is doing.

Not all of it, ha. It was to the right of the directors box I was led to believe, though I'm trying to tie up exactly what was said/what I remember... it had been a long day!

So do you mean more plush seats to the right of the Director's box in the Itchen and a bigger commentary area at the back of The Kingsland ?

There's a Directors Box in the Kingsland?? Since when?

That quite an exaggeration.

'That' really isn't - and comes from someone who spent nearly every home game last season using it. It has barely changed since the stadium opened and is basic.

Apologies if this doesn't conform to your dreams of champagne fountains and executive bathrooms for the press at St. Mary's.

Sorry, I may have got that wrong - just looked it up. There has to be over 40 commentary positions AND a revision of the current media setup/camera positions, which I was told is happening and will cost around £1m.

FFS Rylan, if you can't bet that bit right how can we trust he rest of your post?

How did I guess you'd sit in the centre of the kingsland?

I don't know, tell me... how did you guess I sit in the centre of the Kingsland?

Could it be because I've mentioned it before? Or could it be that it has the best views of the pitch without paying to be in the Itchen hospitality seats and that is where any sensible person wanting to watch football would choose to buy a season ticket? ;)

We're zero players from having an 8th place side, in the sense that any of us and 6 or 7 clubs could come 8th just with a bit of form and luck. Anything higher involves displacing a big, big club. Everton might slide, things change quickly. But Liverpool seem to be improving, and the top 5 are ridiculously far ahead.

What a silly arrogant statement. In terms of points we're closer to the relegation spots than we are top 8. If we were zero players away from having an 8th place side, we'd be 8th. We're not, which means we fell a little short and need to close that gap, however large or small it.

Fom what Crabby says, NC also recognises that it will take significant investment (perhaps over two years) to achieve that and a little more.

Edited by The Kraken

I don't know, tell me... how did you guess I sit in the centre of the Kingsland?

Could it be that I've mentioned it before? Or could it be that it has the best views of the pitch without paying to be in the Itchen hospitality seats?

Or could it be its where most of the dullards sit.

Thanks Crabby.

Now go take a Nurofen & a pint of water.

Think you've earnt it

ha, that's fine, no probs... I'm going to try get my head around Cloud Atlas in a moment, not sure I'll be able to though.

There's more, but I can't remember everything that I was told. More stuff on having the club up to standards to align with European football and that money is being spent on it very soon. Some stuff about the NBC deal and the money they're receiving from that is huge, etc etc...

ha, that's fine, no probs... I'm going to try get my head around Cloud Atlas in a moment, not sure I'll be able to though.

There's more, but I can't remember everything that I was told. More stuff on having the club up to standards to align with European football and that money is being spent on it very soon. Some stuff about the NBC deal and the money they're receiving from that is huge, etc etc...

Catering and our own radio station...:)

Heard pretty much the same, wonder if we share the same source?

What a silly arrogant statement. In terms of points we're closer to the relegation spots than we are top 8. If we were zero players away from having an 8th place side, we'd be 8th. We're not, which means we fell a little short and need to close that gap, however large or small it.

Fom what Crabby says, NC also recognises that it will take significant investment (perhaps over two years) to achieve that and a little more.

We were one set of results going against us from finishing 17th, or one set of results going for us from finishing 10th. The reality is we finished in the right place and are still someway short of a top half side. I'm not really quite sure how people can claim we are so much better than the table says we are.

Interesting to hear, thanks...

I must say, whether this turns out to be true or not, I much prefer reading these snippets of information over the Morgan Schneiderlin is leaving rumour :)

We were one set of results going against us from finishing 17th, or one set of results going for us from finishing 10th. The reality is we finished in the right place and are still someway short of a top half side. I'm not really quite sure how people can claim we are so much better than the table says we are.

Exactly, we lose one player and the team crumbles, be it cork, Morgan, rickie or even 17 year old Shaw. Crumble.might be harsh but the point is we're a long way from a top eight squad, I think maybe four decent additions who are competing for first eleven could get us near the top eight.

Nice info to hear by the way, ta.

Exactly, we lose one player and the team crumbles, be it cork, Morgan, rickie or even 17 year old Shaw. Crumble.might be harsh but the point is we're a long way from a top eight squad, I think maybe four decent additions who are competing for first eleven could get us near the top eight.

Spot on Ash. On our day we're clearly a match for any side in the division. Off form, we're capable of getting turned over at home by the worst club in the league. The differences between the top sides and the mid-table sides lies largely in consistency of decent team performances, and having a decent back-up to the first team. We don't yet have either (but we're not a million miles away from it either).

I wouldn't go that far. We've got a decent first XI but little quality depth beneath that. A lot of people got very excited about our decent run of form a month or so ago and thought that a top half finish was inevitable. The reality is for us to finish top half we would need all of our first XI to stay fit and in form for the entire season, never going to happen. People point to our poor start and use the adapting to the premier league excuse for this, yet we've only taken 4 points from our last 6 games, so our recent form is only a bit better than when we were supposedly adapting to the premier league. We've played some good stuff at times this season but we need some quality additions in almost every position if we're going to push into the top half.