Who likes a rumour or two? Here you go...

Crab Lungs

Appreciate that they are just rumours and I don't want to dispel them but isn't St Marys already a UEFA 4 Star stadium which means it can host European matches etc? And on that basis we wouldn't need £1m+ of stadium revisions to attain a status we've already achieved?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories

http://www.worldstadiumdatabase.com/list-of-uefa-4-star-stadiums.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Mary's_Stadium

I thought the criteria had changed in the last few years to be honest. Maybe not.

I've heard they are changing some of the Disabled areas, probably getting rid of area half way up in away section in Northam

That one has been covered with an advertising sheet for a few games. Could be true, would make space for quite a few seats. Shame it's away seats though.

I heard that Cortese wants more boxes and is looking for a way to have them all around the ground rather than just the Itchen. Maybe that falls into those "plans" that came with the season ticket DVD.

That one has been covered with an advertising sheet for a few games. Could be true, would make space for quite a few seats. Shame it's away seats though.

I heard that Cortese wants more boxes and is looking for a way to have them all around the ground rather than just the Itchen. Maybe that falls into those "plans" that came with the season ticket DVD.

We need to fill the ones we've got first as it only appears that 6/7 are taken some of which are by sponsors. Having said that, the empty ones perhaps generate more revenue being hired on a game by game basis - although better to have the guaranteed money up front I should think. Do I remember somebody posting to say that SFC were limiting the number of drinks that people could have in the boxes which had put people off?

* Firstly, expect a couple of big signings (don't know when, but he's going to really go for it)

So, what possible signings would be considered big signings?

Wanyama would be expensive but not so sure I would consider him a big signing from a Cortese point of view, think it will take something more to be considered that....

Astori might fall into that category for me. Maybe Lopez too.

Too much of a dream to think Osvaldo?? Link to Poch is there and he´s been talking about wanting to go to PL....

You just know we're going to sign a couple small/cheaper players first and they'll be the usual suspects jumping all over it saying that Cortese clearly was lying about ambitious signing.

That said, money won't guarantee anything. I'd rather we got a few bargains like Michu

Agree, but I dont think the "Michu´s" will be mentioned on here cause most of the people here dont know that kind of bargain players from other leagues...

But ok, I´ll go first and it´s gonna be one I´ve used on the forum before.

Lucas Mugni.

I wouldn't go that far. We've got a decent first XI but little quality depth beneath that. A lot of people got very excited about our decent run of form a month or so ago and thought that a top half finish was inevitable. The reality is for us to finish top half we would need all of our first XI to stay fit and in form for the entire season, never going to happen. People point to our poor start and use the adapting to the premier league excuse for this, yet we've only taken 4 points from our last 6 games, so our recent form is only a bit better than when we were supposedly adapting to the premier league. We've played some good stuff at times this season but we need some quality additions in almost every position if we're going to push into the top half.

Wahey! Turks and I agree on something. Anyhow, if these rumours are true it would seem the next couple of seasons could be exciting.

Cortese said outright in an interview with Jim White on Sky Sports from Barcelona just after Pochettino became Head Coach that he expected with a few additions we could establish ourselves as a top 6 club within a few years, so most of the rumours are not a surprise.

Cortese said outright in an interview with Jim White on Sky Sports from Barcelona just after Pochettino became Head Coach that he expected with a few additions we could establish ourselves as a top 6 club within a few years, so most of the rumours are not a surprise.

You seem upset that someone announced a new kit exclusive without consulting you?

Agree, but I dont think the "Michu´s" will be mentioned on here cause most of the people here dont know that kind of bargain players from other leagues...

But ok, I´ll go first and it´s gonna be one I´ve used on the forum before.

Lucas Mugni.

I was banging Michu's drum from May last year, he's really one of a kind when it comes to getting that sort of value for money for a proven player. Diego Capel is one who can be picked up cheapish this Summer (£4m being quoted).

I was banging Michu's drum from May last year, he's really one of a kind when it comes to getting that sort of value for money for a proven player. Diego Capel is one who can be picked up cheapish this Summer (£4m being quoted).

I´ve only been here since late july ;)

But then you deserve some credit. :)

Capel is a good shout but £4m seems low for a player with 3yrs left on his contract, but if he goes for that type om money he is definitely a good shout.

All seems like reasonable aims to me, the good thing being that even if we fall short we'll be better than we are now which is something i can't argue with. Good to see a common sense approach in place too rather than a gung ho expand at all cost decision.

I can't be bothered to type everything up now but here's a few interesting snippets from a conversation I had earlier.

* Cortese wants Europe within 2 seasons

* He's going to splash to cash both on and off the field

* Firstly, expect a couple of big signings (don't know when, but he's going to really go for it)

* £1m will be spent on revamping the corporate/media side of things to be aligned with European football, for example, the ground must have 40 different camera angles for European matches (I don't know the rules/regs on this, but that's what I was told)

* If we qualify for Europe the stadium will be expanded, with an additional tier added to the Kingsland.

I'm sure there was more I was told but I can't remember all of it right now. Enjoy, take the p1ss, do what you want with it!

Dammit. I was going to start a thread making up nonsense like that and claiming I have some fantastic source in order to start a feeding frenzy on here. You beat me to it, well played.

Dammit. I was going to start a thread making up nonsense like that and claiming I have some fantastic source in order to start a feeding frenzy on here. You beat me to it, well played.

To be fair

* Cortese wants Europe within 2 seasons - confirmed in Sky Sports Interview with Cortese from Barcelona in January

* He's going to splash to cash both on and off the field - seems fairly evident from what we've seen/heard re Astori and evidenced with Ramirez, off field from the ST DVD and Staplewood redevelopment

* Firstly, expect a couple of big signings (don't know when, but he's going to really go for it) - at the very least implied by the Statement when Cortese stayed, and I believe Pochettino has already said "doing business by July 1st", plus aforementioned Astori stuff)

Which only leaves

* £1m will be spent on revamping the corporate/media side of things to be aligned with European football, for example, the ground must have 40 different camera angles for European matches (I don't know the rules/regs on this, but that's what I was told)

* If we qualify for Europe the stadium will be expanded, with an additional tier added to the Kingsland.

Which are both hinted at in the ST DVD too.

is Pochettino trying to sabotage this board?

He has stated thatwe will be doing business....by July 1st:eek:....This goes totally against the grain as Saints' managers historically don't buy players until the third League game (and having lost it ) buy someone on last day we before the window closes.:rule1:

I know he's new, but he really must learn not to rush in where angels fear to tread...not to mention several regular contributors on here who always post throughout every summer criticising our lack of early signings. What'll they have to complain about now?:lol:

He really must learn .....it really is too much .....Pochettino out !

...not to mention several regular contributors on here who always post throughout every summer criticising our lack of early signings. What'll they have to complain about now?:lol:

That's easy David, whomever we sign on!

You just didn't think that one through did you!

I think people are forgetting about the massive influx of TV money coming into the prem this year... All teams will be spending decent amounts just to stand still...

If every team is spending £30m we may in effect have to spend more than this (and wisely) to gain an advantage on our rivals...

...to put it bluntly we need to spend well just to stay 14th...

Quite happy being a 'yoyo' side. We should know 'our station' in the football world instead of going all 'hoity toity'.

That's a poor effort.

The Russian judge scored it 2.4 for artistic merit, and 1.3 for difficulty. Hard day at work was it??!

On the subject of rumours, who is going to Spain for their holidays this summer? You might want to look out for a certain south coast soccer ball club there for a couple of weeks sharing your hotel, before a few days in Austria. Just saying......

On the subject of rumours, who is going to Spain for their holidays this summer? You might want to look out for a certain south coast soccer ball club there for a couple of weeks sharing your hotel, before a few days in Austria. Just saying......

Southern Spain, by any chance? Or are we talking Barca!?

To be fair this hasn't gone the way of the usual rumour threads as crabby is a decent poster and doesn't have an agenda. Him and Turks seem to have fairly decent sources, not Vman but good for more general stuff. Other people who have posted this stuff before have quoted NC interviews from when we were in league 1 as evidence to support their crazy claims.

I'm backing the crab!

I think people are forgetting about the massive influx of TV money coming into the prem this year... All teams will be spending decent amounts just to stand still...

If every team is spending £30m we may in effect have to spend more than this (and wisely) to gain an advantage on our rivals...

...to put it bluntly we need to spend well just to stay 14th...

my thoughts exactly.

To be fair this hasn't gone the way of the usual rumour threads as crabby is a decent poster and doesn't have an agenda. Him and Turks seem to have fairly decent sources, not Vman but good for more general stuff. Other people who have posted this stuff before have quoted NC interviews from when we were in league 1 as evidence to support their crazy claims.

I'm backing the crab!

Gracias, Senor.... defo not VMAN level's of sources but good nonetheless. One of them is actually pure second-hand but he has been spot on before. He's actually a poster on here!

I can confirm CL source

i was there!

You were the main attraction, you little Schneiderlin clone!

Pointless post mate, most of the (small) Dicks on here will just abuse you and not have a decent debate over it.

Indeed. He should be thankful he didn't post that Nike were to be our new kit supplier. Now that would have left him open to ridicule... ;)

Oh yeah, me too. Except I was raving about him since April...

• 1 month later...