England footballer 'arrested over underage sex allegations'

Twiggy

I cant help thinking that the pressure and and exposure of this trial and all the press is going to leave the girl in a worse place than if nothing had been done about it. I'd find it hard to recommend to my daughter she went down this route - although I hget the argument about protecting others.

I see johnsons missus is still by his side so to speak. Must be the ££££ talking as why on earth would you hang around

Johnson is clearly a weirdo ...

The subject is as complex as it is uncomfortable. However, men (of all ages) becoming sexuality attracted to teenage girls is not all that weird or uncommon a form of behaviour I think. All humans are to some extent ''programmed'' to find youth attractive as youth, health and fertility are obviously connected.

Society may tell men that fifteen year old girls are considered ''out of bounds'' in this day and age, but from a strictly biological perspective many of them are in fact quite capable of childbirth - more so now than in the past perhaps as good nutrition brings the age of puberty forward. Indeed, in the not so distant past many societies would even have deemed girls of this age (or even younger) to be suitable marriage subjects - as is still the case in some places I understand.

Clearly that base animalistic instinct to procreate with the young has to be resisted and adults are - of course - expected not to take sexual advantage of the young anymore. But let's not pretend that your average Human male has become such a highly evolved life-form now that he can pass a pretty teenager in the street and not even notice how attractive she is.

I certainly don't approve of this players behaviour and he must face the consequences of his actions - but I can't honestly claim that I find him to be an exceptionally ''weird'' individual in that sense.

I certainly don't approve of this players behaviour and he must face the consequences of his actions - but I can't honestly claim that I find him to be an exceptionally ''weird'' individual in that sense.

I do not agree what so ever. He was not mistaken about her age. he never picked up an under-age in a club (where it is fair to assume their are 18+). There appears to be little or no mitigating circumstances. He knew what he was doing....unless all this is just made up by the girl and the texts are also fabricated.

he knew full well this was a child, he still insisted on nawty little meetings and insisted on carrying out sex acts, without being under the influence of booze or anything else I will assume.

this was premeditated abuse. More so as he has very advantage in life. He went out of his his way to get it on (sexually) with a known u16 year old school girl.

no matter how you slice, johnson is a weirdo

I saw pictures of the victim when this story first broke and in my opinion she most certainly looked 15 at the time if not younger.

To be honest the fact of whether she looked older than 16 or not is irrelevant anyway because Adam Johnson knew she was (barely) 15 when he first messaged her, we have seen the proof in the texts and his admission to grooming.

I cannot fathom why his girlfriend continues to support him, even if he had denied it all to her at the beginning, surely his pleading guilty to the grooming and one other charge would be enough to make any self respecting woman leave quickly, even before all the texts etc have been made public.

I would bet on it that his defense will use her pregnancy and the birth of their baby as some sick justification for his "totally out of character moments of weakness"

His girlfriend is a very pretty girl and he looks like a cross between Sheldon Cooper and George Osbourne - even without the now added nonce factor.

The stupid **** deserves everything he gets, he shouldn't abuse his position like that. But, from what I remember of school, 15 year old girls can be dirty. Some of my friends were going out with blokes in their 20's, they knew what they were doing.

I thought this the other day. I remember girls at my school going out with blokes over 18 and getting picked up from school by them etc.

Johnson needs to face the consequences. He knew what he was doing and it's wrong. I haven't seen a picture of this girl but if it's true she looked her age (barely 15) then he's a weirdo in my eyes.

It's very common for 15 year olds to look over 16 and even 18. And if you're unaware (meet in a club) then fair enough. But he knew and persisted. Chuck the book at him.

I don't think its even acceptable in a club. Everyone knows that girls under 18 find it easy to get into certain clubs.

I didn't say acceptable. Just it's more understandable. It's unrealistic to ask everyone you meet for ID. Especially in a scenario where everyone has to be over 18 or even 21 to be there.

I saw pictures of the victim when this story first broke and in my opinion she most certainly looked 15 at the time if not younger.

To be honest the fact of whether she looked older than 16 or not is irrelevant anyway because Adam Johnson knew she was (barely) 15 when he first messaged her, we have seen the proof in the texts and his admission to grooming.

I cannot fathom why his girlfriend continues to support him, even if he had denied it all to her at the beginning, surely his pleading guilty to the grooming and one other charge would be enough to make any self respecting woman leave quickly, even before all the texts etc have been made public.

I would bet on it that his defense will use her pregnancy and the birth of their baby as some sick justification for his "totally out of character moments of weakness"

His girlfriend is a very pretty girl and he looks like a cross between Sheldon Cooper and George Osbourne - even without the now added nonce factor.

I suspect money may have something to do with it. Still, surely if she left him (which is quite clearly what she should do ffs) she would be able to negotiate a settlement that would set her up for life anyway, so in that sense, I can't fathom it either.

Do we know of any WAGS who have left their partners when their cheating partners have been splashed all over the papers? John Terry, Ched Evans and now Johnson gave all managed to keep their partners onside recently.

They know they are set for a big ££££ payout from a divorce in many cases I should imagine

Have you considered the possibility that maybe she loves him?

Yes, yes I have actually. I've also considered the facts that a/He was unfaithful to her. b/The girl was under the legal age of consent. c/He knew this and d/This all happened when she was about to have their baby. This set of circumstances lead me to believe that she should leave him. Still it's all about opinions I guess.

Yes, yes I have actually. I've also considered the facts that a/He was unfaithful to her. b/The girl was under the legal age of consent. c/He knew this and d/This all happened when she was about to have their baby. This set of circumstances lead me to believe that she should leave him. Still it's all about opinions I guess.

But you are applying rational criteria to the eternal mystery of love and attraction. I fear this habit of yours is unlikely to lead to a better understanding of Human nature as we are at heart quite irrational creatures are we not? Indeed, if that were not so then the player in question might not have gotten himself into this terrible mess in the first place!

But you are applying rational criteria to the eternal mystery of love and attraction. I fear this habit of yours is unlikely to lead to a better understanding of Human nature as we are at heart quite irrational creatures are we not? Indeed, if that were not so then the player in question might not have gotten himself into this terrible mess in the first place!

Do you think she would love him and stick by him if he was a minimum wage earning factory machine operative?

Circumstances and context beat "the mystery of love" hands down, every time.

They know they are set for a big ££££ payout from a divorce in many cases I should imagine

In which case why don't they go for a divorce then? The WAGS seem a particularly forgiving breed, unless they think that it is better to stay on the gravy train until they are traded in for a younger model?

No I haven't, I'll safely assume you haven't either, so you have no idea whether she loves him.

It was stated that the reason this girl has not left him is some inexplicable mystery almost beyond all Human comprehension. I merely put the idea forward that maybe she loves - and by extension forgives - him as a possibility. Why anyone would object to that is a another of those little mysteries that do crop up on here from time to time.

In which case why don't they go for a divorce then? The WAGS seem a particularly forgiving breed, unless they think that it is better to stay on the gravy train until they are traded in for a younger model?

You clearly haven't considered the possibility that the WAGS in question love the rich footballers who have wronged them. This love would appear to be irrational but as I have very recently discovered, human beings are irrational. It has been a habit of mine to apply rational criteria to such matters, but I certainly won't be doing it again. Money has nothing to do with any of this.

You clearly haven't considered the possibility that the WAGS in question love the rich footballers who have wronged them. This love would appear to be irrational but as I have very recently discovered, human beings are irrational. It has been a habit of mine to apply rational criteria to such matters, but I certainly won't be doing it again. Money has nothing to do with any of this.

I know what you are saying but it doesn't make their part in these situations any better. In fact some might say that it makes it worse.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I have considered the fact that love could be a factor, even when they have been totally humiliated in the media. But I think that you statement that money has nothing to do with it is somewhat naïve. Do you really think that many of these footballers would get a sniff with many of these women if they were postmen or plumbers?

It was stated that the reason this girl has not left him is some inexplicable mystery almost beyond all Human comprehension. I merely put the idea forward that maybe she loves - and by extension forgives - him as a possibility. Why anyone would object to that is a another of those little mysteries that do crop up on here from time to time.

That one has "fried" his cynical thoughts *boomtish*

You seem to be objecting to other, just as rational and just as likely, explanations.

I have considered the fact that love could be a factor, even when they have been totally humiliated in the media. But I think that you statement that money has nothing to do with it is somewhat naïve. Do you really think that many of these footballers would get a sniff with many of these women if they were postmen or plumbers?

WHOOSH

Stacey Flounders appeared in court today, after being called upon as a witness. She had not attended court since last Tuesday, when the girl was giving her evidence/testimony.

She says she sees no future with Johnson, but is willing to remain friendly for the sake of their child. Also said she will not cover for him and has given her evidence on matters that she would know about.

Read more at: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/adam-johnson-trial-live-updates-on-day-10-1-7731746