Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 301 to 324 of 324

Thread: Burnley vs Saints - Match Thread

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Fan CaM View Post
    Where do you start? Naive in the transfer market and then a terrible team sheet from the supposedly great Ralph. It's only one game in, but as I said last season, it's the manner of the performance that is so shocking and indicative of a real struggle again this season.
    Any particular reason why you waited until we were 3-0 down to comment on how poor the team sheet was?

  2. #302

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Sunny Eastside!
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    Utter trash, our Transfer dealings B.S will be our Downfall. R.H Mmmm!!!

  3. Default

    Jay on to rub in some salt

  4. #304

    Default

    Djenepo not even getting on the pitch, what does that say about our summer business?

  5. Default

    Aaron Lennon is still playing football? Thought he retired years ago

  6. Default

    Sheff United snatching a point at AFCB?

  7. #307

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, Hassenhuttl isn't that great a manager.
    As we saw last season he has one way of playing one that doesn't really work against teams that, like Burnely, don't won't the ball.

    We actually looked better, last season against the big teams and those that want to play football like Leicester.

    If we can't press and counter and are reduced to breaking teams down with skill and guile we can't do it.



    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  8. #308

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,261

    Default

    At least we have something to laugh about, j rods hair! ..........Sorry looking for any positives

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

  9. #309

    Default

    Bunch of wet tarts on here it's the first game of the season we are losing it's football it happens.... Get behind the team or fk off and support someone else it's embarrassing to read bunch of divas! Have a snickers! We will smash Liverpool next week lol

  10. #310

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,836

    Default

    Ha Billy Sharp proves he CAN score in the Premier League

  11. #311

    Default

    We had one new player in the team from last season's shambles of an eleven.

    No wonder Lemina wants to get out.

  12. #312

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SOTONS EAST SIDE View Post
    Utter trash, our Transfer dealings B.S will be our Downfall. R.H Mmmm!!!
    Apparently a good window to most on here.

    And we’re comfortably mid table. Apparently.

    Poor Ralph is flogging a dead horse at this sh1tshow of a football club.

  13. #313

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    Bunch of wet tarts on here it's the first game of the season we are losing it's football it happens.... Get behind the team or fk off and support someone else it's embarrassing to read bunch of divas! Have a snickers! We will smash Liverpool next week lol
    what does getting behind the team (or not) on a message board achieve?

  14. Default

    So, what have we learned so far this weekend? Norwich, West Ham, Watford and Saints certain to be relegated based on their opening games. Gonna be a tight one...

  15. #315

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,803
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    As we saw last season he has one way of playing one that doesn't really work against teams that, like Burnely, don't won't the ball.

    We actually looked better, last season against the big teams and those that want to play football like Leicester.

    If we can't press and counter and are reduced to breaking teams down with skill and guile we can't do it.



    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Yep exactly.

    Throw in our porous and error-prone defense and we’ll gift chances to even the most defensive and conservative sides like Burnley.

  16. #316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    Bunch of wet tarts on here it's the first game of the season we are losing it's football it happens.... Get behind the team or fk off and support someone else it's embarrassing to read bunch of divas! Have a snickers! We will smash Liverpool next week lol
    Losing 3-0 to Burnley doesn't normally happen.

  17. Default

    The system is probably decent enough but our players are too error prone and/or too thick for it to work. Ings passing to the other team, Redmond not picking out runs and holding on for too long. Clowns at the back either slipping, dozing off or mistiming the ball. Somehow we need Ralph to somehow polish these turds.

  18. Default

    Thankfully, my thread has died for the last four minutes. I won't bother looking for another one

  19. #319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfp1 View Post
    It's ok we've got Liverpool next week!
    No worries mate, Ralph's famous pressing game works so much better against better teams...

  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Losing 3-0 to Burnley doesn't normally happen.
    Bournemouth lost 4-0 at Burnley last season and finished higher than us...
    #perspective

  21. #321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    As we saw last season he has one way of playing one that doesn't really work against teams that, like Burnely, don't won't the ball.

    We actually looked better, last season against the big teams and those that want to play football like Leicester.

    If we can't press and counter and are reduced to breaking teams down with skill and guile we can't do it.



    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Absolutely - it's what I said when he joined. We need to learn to play with the ball otherwise we're going to have an awful home record as well.

  22. #322

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chichester
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    At least we have something to laugh about, j rods hair! ..........Sorry looking for any positives

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    The guy earns 40K a week... i think he'd laugh at you.

  23. #323

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Saint View Post
    Thankfully, my thread has died for the last four minutes. I won't bother looking for another one
    Mine too back now don’t think you missed owt.

  24. #324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Yep exactly.

    Throw in our porous and error-prone defense and we’ll gift chances to even the most defensive and conservative sides like Burnley.
    Agree and whilst disappointing it's only the first game. However, it doesn't really back his claim of having four different formations during a game RH has to change the game

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •