Kelvin

Tac-tics

WSS, this is not really a reasoned response. Whether or not you like him, he was left woefully exposed at times today, yet commanded his area as well as could be expected, as well as making some truly excellent stops. Two in particular today I thought were immense. Granted, three other goals went past him, but you can hardly say he wasn't fouled for the first disallowed one. Penalty wasn't great work, but hey, it's always pretty poor show to blame the keeper. He's a hero if he saves it, sure, but he can't be the villian if he doesn't.

WSS, this is not really a reasoned response. Whether or not you like him, he was left woefully exposed at times today, yet commanded his area as well as could be expected, as well as making some truly excellent stops. Two in particular today I thought were immense. Granted, three other goals went past him, but you can hardly say he wasn't fouled for the first disallowed one.

Credit where it's due, he is a good shot stopper, but he is absolutely woeful on crosses, and has no command of his area.

You say he was woefully exposed, I say it is his job to ensure his defenders are defending the goal. He doesn't appear [to me] to control them well enough.

That is the difference. A good 'keeper controls all aspects and ensures he isn't exposed.

Credit where it's due, he is a good shot stopper, but he is absolutely woeful on crosses, and has no command of his area.

You say he was woefully exposed, I say it is his job to ensure his defenders are defending the goal. He doesn't appear [to me] to control them well enough.

That is the difference. A good 'keeper controls all aspects and ensures he isn't exposed.

I'll not argue with you as a whole, but today, if only today, he looked confident with crosses and so on, and I feel the times he was exposed was the result of errors from the defence, not a lack of direction coming from him. On other days I'd feel different, but like you say - today, credit where it's due. That's all I'm saying.

Can't fault him at all today. MOTM IMO. Some superb saves. Him and the lino kept the score in single figures.

1 goal

3 disallowed

4 fine saves (at least)

A few 50-50 offsides.

Could have been a lot worse.

He played well today. I just don't get the launch it long kicks especially in the last 20 mins. Blackpool won 99% of them.

They have to continue playing from the back otherwise it allows the defence to stay deep and shut down the space. When we did win the ball we were playing into a packed defence.

Can't fault him at all today. MOTM IMO. Some superb saves. Him and the lino kept the score in single figures.

1 goal

3 disallowed

4 fine saves (at least)

A few 50-50 offsides.

Could have been a lot worse.

This is the second post which I agree with you 100% in a couple of minutes. (The other being the player ratings.)

The "**** taking neutral mate" with us in the pub reckoned that only Kelvin and luck stood between us and a 5 or 6 goal walloping today. The defence was being torn apart way outside the penalty area , you can't blame KD for not marshalling defenders who are being between for pace r in the air clser to the halfway line than the box and there weren't that many crosses or corners placed that close to the keeper.

Just our luck that our first proper footballing lesson of the season came on tv, but then we really rather expect that these days.

Kelvin did well today, just one scare when he came out and then stopped and couldn't decide what to do, a few other times he looked a bit slow to react. But a number of cracking instinctive saves which saved us from a heavier defeat.

Bart hasn't looked the same since getting injured at Newcastle.

I see everyone's boyfriend last season Mr Wright has made yet another faux pas for Ipswich which has handed Watford three points.

Posters on this forum should really watch other football games from time to time - it might give you some perspective.

Only a suggestion.

Well, he did save them with a great save from a Priskin (?) header, but I recall him spilling another shot, too.

Did you see the way Kelvin admired his save on the big screen?? And then looked around to milk the applause!!

Made me chuckle!

And like him or loathe him if you do not think he kept us in it today, stay up 'til 2am and watch the game again on SKY and then, if you still think the same, can I recommend David Clulow...

I was just about to comment on that it did make me laugh!

The keeper can scarcely control midfielders who just weren't there to do their defensive job, or fullbacks who were too far up the field to have any role in defence

I see everyone's boyfriend last season Mr Wright has made yet another faux pas for Ipswich which has handed Watford three points.

Posters on this forum should really watch other football games from time to time - it might give you some perspective.

Only a suggestion.

Very true. I don't know of any Saints fans who would not prefer Richard Wright to Kelvin. But as I kept saying at the time, Wright is not even Premier class.

But Kelvin has done far better this season and deserves to be the first choice keeper and as long as his position is on merit alone, we can have no problem with that. He is not perfect, but neither are any of the others.

A lot of my issues with Kelvin go back to paying so much for him and keeping his place irrespective of performance. Which to be fair are not his fault, but Burleys.

Very true. I don't know of any Saints fans who would not prefer Richard Wright to Kelvin. But as I kept saying at the time, Wright is not even Premier class.

But Kelvin has done far better this season and deserves to be the first choice keeper and as long as his position is on merit alone, we can have no problem with that. He is not perfect, but neither are any of the others.

A lot of my issues with Kelvin go back to paying so much for him and keeping his place irrespective of performance. Which to be fair are not his fault, but Burleys.

Imagine if RWright had never been to play for us and we were chasing him now.What would the Ipswich fans be saying to us about him after his 2 c### ups in the last couple of games?