Swiss bid led by Billionaires!

Saint Charlie

Things like this don't happen to us, do they.....?
My thoughts as well. Please lt it be true. Not that i want John Terrys at 45m but just a few james Beatties Chris marsdens and mid range players just to give us hope and some victories again.

Why is it that as much as I would love to believe it I can't at the moment - maybe its 36 years of bitter disappointment

please don't let it be Paul Allen al over again

My thoughts exactly. Far too many false dawns. But something about Fry's last comments make me feel a bit more positive. Only doubts are that it might be the Swiss that win, but it's not reported Leibherr money and that we'll not have a cohesive squad to take on L1.

Doesn't mean they're going to invest any more than Pinnacle or Jackson would.

Why would billionaires buy a league one club?

No, aboslutely not, and nor is it any guarantee of success but it ought to guarantee at least a base-level of professional competence and commercial acumen.

As for the question... bit vague. A better question might be, "why would these billionaireshelp with the acquistion of this football club"?

A serious question:

Why would a successful company making gargantuam trucks want to buy a football club?

Because this is potentially an excellent investment for them.

They get the club on the cheap, put a modest amount in with the aim of prem football then when they get back to the prem they sell up.

They aren't doing this for the love of SFC.

This lot are billionaires they didn't get that way by employing anyone with the type ot track records our past legends and decision makers have shown in the past few years with the possible exception of Lowe and Cowen.

Which Lowe and Cowen are you talking about 19C ? Because the only Lowe and Cowen I know of relegated us twice, took us into administration, and very nearly sent us into oblivion.

Because this is potentially an excellent investment for them.

They get the club on the cheap, put a modest amount in with the aim of prem football then when they get back to the prem they sell up.

They aren't doing this for the love of SFC.

The way I see it Liebherr would definitely want the raise the profile of the club by getting it promoted , but not with an aim of then selling SFC for a profit (they hardly down to their last Swiss Franc are they ;)) but rather keeping it to help raise the international awareness of their business empire .

But there again the whole thing might be a house of sand built on the foundation of one unsubstantiated story in the Sunday Mail .

Which Lowe and Cowen are you talking about 19C ? Because the only Lowe and Cowen I know of relegated us twice, took us into administration, and very nearly sent us into oblivion.

For me, Saints demise during the last month or so has been metaphorical oblivion.

The excitement is running away with us. The Daily Mail journo doesn't mention any sources, not even vague one like "sources close to...".

My guess is that he has done the same as we do, that is thing Switzerland-Soouthampton and try to make a connection. In this case two cranes in the docks installed not that long ago. A bit thin, isn't it?

And by the way, how do you think the Liebherrs got so wealthy? By giving away money to football clubs? If they arrive it will be a business proposition to provide advertising for the Liebherr empire. Don't think cranes, think kitchens.

The excitement is running away with us. The Daily Mail journo doesn't mention any sources, not even vague one like "sources close to...".

My guess is that he has done the same as we do, that is thing Switzerland-Soouthampton and try to make a connection. In this case two cranes in the docks installed not that long ago. A bit thin, isn't it?

And by the way, how do you think the Liebherrs got so wealthy? By giving away money to football clubs? If they arrive it will be a business proposition to provide advertising for the Liebherr empire. Don't think cranes, think kitchens.

I have to agree... this is a Daily Mail story. It means that the follow up next week will be a story of the new owners assisting in the death of Diana, Princess of Wales due to their association with a neo-Nazi Michael Jackson inspired group of one legged midgets.

Need to be careful here, afterall they even thought Lowe was good.

I have to agree... this is a Daily Mail story. It means that the follow up next week will be a story of the new owners assisting in the death of Diana, Princess of Wales due to their association with a neo-Nazi Michael Jackson inspired group of one legged midgets.

Need to be careful here, afterall they even thought Lowe was good.

The Mail championed Lowe???? B4astards, lets boycott The mail, idiots :-)

The link with the Swiss family is exciting though isn't it, dare we dream??? I remember how excited I got when Paul Allen was mentioned, only to be gutted when nothing happened! That is what football is all about though isn't it, daring to dream. Without ambition whats the point? Even if your ambition is to only finish 1 place higher than last year, only 1 point more than last year, that's still progress, without progress you get............................................................................................Saints!!!!!

Until Tuesday when our bright new future begins...............sh1t, there i go again, dreaming!

Note to self, stop dreaming, get showered, get to the pub!!

Edited by St. Jason

The link with the Swiss family is exciting though isn't it, dare we dream??? I remember hoe excited I got when Paul Allen was mentioned, only to be gutted when nothing happened! That is what football is all about though isn't it, daring to dream. Without ambition whats the point? Even if your ambition is to only finish 1 place higher than last year, only 1 point more than last year, that's still progress, without progress you get............................................................................................Saints!!!!!

Until Tuesday when our bright new future begins...............sh1t, there i go again, dreaming!

I remember the thread that was created the evening the PA news broke. It was by far the most hilarious and entertaining thread ever seen on all the Saints forums. I would love to be able to find it on the Saintsforever archive.

You could well be right about the Mail doing a bit of digging and guess work, however, Liebherr apparently did buy an Austrian lower division football club in the past.

The link with the Swiss family is exciting though isn't it, dare we dream??? I remember how excited I got when Paul Allen was mentioned, only to be gutted when nothing happened! That is what football is all about though isn't it, daring to dream. Without ambition whats the point? Even if your ambition is to only finish 1 place higher than last year, only 1 point more than last year, that's still progress, without progress you get............................................................................................Saints!!!!!

Lowe was friends with one of the Mail journalists and used him occassionally to run pro-Lowe stories.

Lowe was friends with one of the Mail journalists and used him occassionally to run pro-Lowe stories.

Not questioning you at all mate, I don't read the mail so didn't realise. I'm your stereo typical builder, cup of tea and a Daily Star, tits, ass and sport and obviously a bit of tit to :-)

After a bit more digging is the Keith Harris they are talking about the Keith Harris who is chairman of the football league? If so he has a company called Radio First. The company who set up our radio station. So that means the guy does have/had connections to the club.

Unfortunatley I made the mistake of deciding it was time to remove all those from my ignore list to see how the mood had changed and got sucked right back into it. I'll go back over the past 24 hours and update my list and put those on my ignore list who have caused me offence and created my desire to bite back. By tonight i will be back to simple blogging based on what've read on the Echo site unable to view a single post unless Tijuana Tim gives us all some East Coast love later.

Alternatively, why don't you just retire your current id and create a new one? It would be much simpler and quicker for you. Of course, your new id will get spotted sooner or later, but it may take a while - and in the meantime it will give the rest of us plenty of chance to, er, speculate...

Alternatively, why don't you just retire your current id and create a new one? It would be much simpler and quicker for you. Of course, your new id will get spotted sooner or later, but it may take a while - and in the meantime it will give the rest of us plenty of chance to, er, speculate...

Didnt he do that before when he changed it from Sundance Beast and Scooby?

Unfortunatley I made the mistake of deciding it was time to remove all those from my ignore list to see how the mood had changed and got sucked right back into it. I'll go back over the past 24 hours and update my list and put those on my ignore list who have caused me offence and created my desire to bite back. By tonight i will be back to simple blogging based on what've read on the Echo site unable to view a single post unless Tijuana Tim gives us all some East Coast love later.

I think you'll find that TT's particular brand of optimism could only emanate from the West Coast. You of all people should know that.

Talking of which, I'm off now to Cape Town and the internet-free wilds beyond until Friday. If you lot haven't sorted this all out by the time I get back I'll be round all your houses.

Didnt he do that before when he changed it from Sundance Beast and Scooby?

He wasn't Scooby, but he's been a serial id-changer - Flashman at the Charge, The Fourth Bear, Sundance Beast, Nineteen Canteen. Oh, and a user called Speculator, exhibiting remarkably similar style and views, popped up and disappeared again rather quickly just recently. Hence my little dig.

How do I do that?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})