Swiss bid led by Billionaires!

Saint Charlie

Well cant say how happy I would be if it happened, I like the way QPR our run (except the constant manager changes) as they are not stuped with there money. I would love to think that southampton would be a long term investment.

COYR

I wouldn't say QPR are run well, season tickets that cost the earth which is one thing they have f*cked up on.

Theyre trying to make the club self sufficient so if they walk away, there will be a future.

I would hate to be run like Chelsea, owe hundreds of millions in loans and the club will be bankrupt when the owner gets fed up.

As for the season tickets, they arent too bad now.

Picking up on what Art said, bad O level German and the way they put their words back to front, the comment about James May earlier Liebherr....

Manlove....

Hmm can hear the opposition fans songs now

As for 19C, slightly surprised at the anti MLT rant, you never heard of a PR b*tch being taken for a ride?

And for the other Swiss leaks from ITK'ers, still don't see the link between a Ferrari, MS & the new Travel Club Team Truck, although the STig, James May and the Truck - can see that link.

Completely and randomly unrelated to football but someone asked me about Swiss & construction & cranes and Dubai about 4 weeks ago, trust me I picked the wrong ones - I went for SwissBoring, which is not actually a description of them, more a hole drilling pile driving mob, had never heard of this lot.

Glad we're happy so far, no ddoubt it will all go t*ts up tomorrow and we'll find it was actually Philip Green our of Monaco that we missed out on or something stupid, we could have been the Next big thing instead of a Big thing

Oh and the clamping gag - funnier would be the Traffic Warden trying to put the ticket under the windscreen wiper!

Edited by dubai_phil

As for 19C, slightly surprised at the anti MLT rant, you never heard of a PR ***** being taken for a ride?

!

Yes, but perhaps not one so expert in the way the media operates given his role for Sky and no doubt well aware of those who would only be to happy to destroy a reputation a la Sunday Papers.

IMO when you build a career based on your expertise and reputation and comment on others accordingly then you need to be very careful how you conduct yourself and what you choose to get into.

I am not anti MLT and love the memories he has given us on the pitch or the way he has entertained us on SKY but that does not qualify him as a future football chairman of SFC and the last few weeks in my very humble opinion seems to support my view.

More worringly...

The Swiss have apparently been around for 4 or more weeks. Total confidentiality and professionalism and strict NDA's.

Which begs the question what FOOKIN IDIOT has leaked their name to the Mail

IF they wanted confidentiality either some moron at the club needs to be fired immediately OR their competitors have leaked it.

Now THAT worries me more than my original analysis of who is friends with Seymour Pierce...

MB - this gets more worrying - Seymour Pierce then the name published in....

The Daily Mail

Somebody better book St Richmond in for therapy quick

Connections to the Mail ...Charlie Sale? Daily Mail release names...Very interesting..What is going on here. Dirty tricks afoot..

I hope this is totally true and we are truly saved and not another false trail...

I do not trust the Mail/Sale or some of his old school chums.

Save the Saints real peeps[-o

I would love this to be true as well but I have to ask WHY?

WHY would swiss billionaire businessmen chooose to invest in a 3rd tier English club who are currently in administration and who are starting the season on a minimum of -10 points?

I work in London and most 'true' footie fans (of various clubs) can't understand why Saints haven't been snapped up. They see us as a good solid club with a sound fan base, a good modern ground and facilities, one of the best acadamys in the country and very little spending required on the infrastructure.

That's why.

Take out the in fighting over the last few years and I can't find any reason not to agree with them.

Yes, but perhaps not one so expert in the way the media operates given his role for Sky and no doubt well aware of those who would only be to happy to destroy a reputation a la Sunday Papers.

IMO when you build a career based on your expertise and reputation and comment on others accordingly then you need to be very careful how you conduct yourself and what you choose to get into.

I am not anti MLT and love the memories he has given us on the pitch or the way he has entertained us on SKY but that does not qualify him as a future football chairman of SFC and the last few weeks in my very humble opinion seems to support my view.

I would love to know his own private view on what happened to him and how much he really got told.

One thing I would bet you on - he won't put his name to any other bids unless they have secured the club.

Oh and another one re Art & Harris being in the US. SP have some highly competent employees, not just in London but in other locations as well

And the final one for tonight, The Swiss vs Al Fahim - hahahahaha. Nobody yet knows where his cash is coming from. Dubai is all but technically bankrupt and the local banks haven't enough capital to serve the local market, so unless it is a member of the Royal Family, at this point in time the Swiss would be worth far more in cash/assets convertable terms

Imagine if the echo had reported this.

Nonetheless, we must not get carried away, and let's face it, it's too good to be true.

Agreed, its far too good to be true and will not happen. Good things don't happen to Saints.

I would love to be wrong though but doubt that I am in this case ;)

Connections to the Mail ...Charlie Sale? Daily Mail release names...Very interesting..What is going on here. Dirty tricks afoot..

I hope this is totally true and we are truly saved and not another false trail...

I do not trust the Mail/Sale or some of his old school chums.

Save the Saints real peeps[-o

I'm with everyone else in the Oh God I hope this is true stakes.

But there remains a little nagging doubt in the back of my mind about dirty tricks and puppeteers.

Still don't know which side it comes from, but at least I found some public domain oddities to start to back that up.

But I wish I hadn't been at Glasto then I may remember where and why I heard about Swiss cranes about 4 weeks ago - it's bugging me - but hell I didn't even recognise EricofArabia when he barged into me in the Supermarket at lunchtime today :rolleyes:

oh p.s.

EoA is now officially a

Wife

Away

No

Kids

Eats

Rubbish

Not for barging into me in the Milk section but a standard summertime description of blokes in this town during the School holidays. Looks like it will be messy next week!

I will believe it when I see it!

The only reason how I can see this happening is the thought of losing trading to portsmouth with the billionaire revamping the whole city including the sea ports.

Our Swiss man wants to keep us number one perhaps to help his own business?

I will believe it when I see it!

The only reason how I can see this happening is the thought of losing trading to portsmouth with the billionaire revamping the whole city including the sea ports.

Our Swiss man wants to keep us number one perhaps to help his own business?

Anyone knows that Soton and Portsmouth are different ports by dint. Why have trading and cruise ships always left from Soton? Deep water. A loaded panamax cargo ship has a draught of 12 metres. That won't get into Portsmouth.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please :)

+1 :smt118

Why would a super-wealthy investor leave it so late in the day for such a relative pittance of a purchase?

I'm not buying into this one, wake me up next Friday for the bad news.

If it gets to next Friday it will be worse than bad news

It will be TL or MJ

Interesting comment about 3/4's the way down on the Echo forum re a lass in the Mega Store getting an email though, so think you'll be ok

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~1713688,00.html

would be the best news ever if it is true but how can anyone get excited about it after all the bull**** we`ve been fed over the last few weeks? my heart wants to believe it but my head is screaming NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! but having said that i will be checking every website for more news on the lovely guys at Liebherr Group every 10 mins for the next two days so please please please please ...............................................

family business? Does that mean they live with their mum and dad in a 3 bed semi in Barnet?

And if the Echo are hunting them down, the company car is parked out the front, you will know it when you see it, its the house in the shadow of the truck...

No one is going to be kicking tyres bigger than that, and for that reason alone it must be true.

I just ran into some Stoke fans, wearing their colours, in a poker room here in Vegas. They were giving me some serious grieve about Saints of course. Please please please let this Liebherr thing come though soon - these guys are here for a week and I would love to rub it in a little!

I just ran into some Stoke fans, wearing their colours, in a poker room here in Vegas. They were giving me some serious grieve about Saints of course. Please please please let this Liebherr thing come though soon - these guys are here for a week and I would love to rub it in a little!

Just don't give them any clean towels during their stay and scrub the toilet with any brushes you can find.

More worringly...

The Swiss have apparently been around for 4 or more weeks. Total confidentiality and professionalism and strict NDA's.

Which begs the question what FOOKIN IDIOT has leaked their name to the Mail

IF they wanted confidentiality either some moron at the club needs to be fired immediately OR their competitors have leaked it.

Now THAT worries me more than my original analysis of who is friends with Seymour Pierce...

MB - this gets more worrying - Seymour Pierce then the name published in....

The Daily Mail

Somebody better book St Richmond in for therapy quick

It's usually Rupert that leaks stories to The Mail.....

They come from Stoke, that's all the ammo you need right there.

Jusr don't expect miracles at the start - look at QPR as a point of reference and worse the Swiss are notoriously guarded and cautious as a nation. Expect quiet consolidation and stability and at least two years in division 1 and during which time I suspect they will want to see some signs of a return on their investment, realised or otherwise. So no more wait and see before you all buy a ST.

Good for me - QPR have acted atrociously, a bunch of erratic playboys with their weekly parade of supermodels and emphasis on style over substance -hence the chopping and changing of managers, the alienation of supporters with mercenary ticket prices to compensate for a mini dustbin of a ground.

These Swiss boys know how to grow a company - and if their existing business links with the city played a role in their thinking, they may have a genuine and long-lasting commitment to the region and its wider economic development, the holy grail of football in the community. We do ourselves down but Southampton is a big city and the south coast is begging out for a footballing giant with sustainable foundations not feet of clay. This isnt crowded london town or the saturated north west. If executed properly, any owner would have a free run to realising this ambition. Caution? Hard-headed sense.

Am getting carried away but this time seems to be for real. This is not 2007 and Paul Allen all over again. Fact is that we are in administration, the Swiss exist and as the man of many words, Fry has unambiguosly state a deal of some sort is agnosinglu close at hand - no wonder the Mail have got the name. Its probably known to the entire world outside the Forum and the Valser mineral water is being crated into SMS under cover of night for the press conference as we speak...

STID

I have never said this, nor do I hope to ever say this again, but thank you to everybody at the Daily Mail.

Not many things can make me smile on the Nightbus through Eastleigh. Even if it doesn't happen it made the journey bearable...

Seriously though, to the Liebherr clan, I think we'd all really appreciate it if you would buy the club. Thanks in advance.

Flippin hell, I wonder if these people will be in our boardroom at Totton on Tuesday? They could be in for a shock as our boardroom is a tad different to what they'll be used to!

Knowing their love of heavy machinery that train picture might make them feel at home .

My 'tenuous link of the day' candidate is this connection between Liebherr and Ferrari - which of course fully explains Michael Schumacher's interest in the Saints . :D

http://www.khl.com/magazines/international-cranes-and-specialized-transport/detail/item40167/Liebherr-lifting-Experience/

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

I've always said you won't find a better crane than a Liebherr. Seriously, straight up'n'down mon.

I'd love it if this was true, love it.

I drive the afrorementioned Liebherr cranes at work. If they go through with the deal I would personlly like to take full credit, as I worked very hard with the snagging problems last year.

Another true story is that our MD specfically asked for the red and white colours for the crane because of Saints.

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=cuckoo+clock&hl=en&emb=0&aq=0&oq=cuckoo+#q=cuckoo+clock&hl=en&emb=0&aq=0&oq=cuckoo+&start=110

With a few alterations, ie the music to OWTS and the dancing and kissing characters to Saints players celebrating a goal, it will be a winner in The Club Shop f'sure :D

I'm still expecting the pig towards the end to sprout wings and fly off though :cool:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})