Swiss bid led by Billionaires!

Saint Charlie

Actually it doesn't. You have to read it twice to figure it out. Crap sentence construction by the Mail.

good i thought it was just me - not obvious at all!

is it suggesting that KH's bid is worth billions also? terrible article really, but i'll let them off i guess :p

How the feck did pinnacle get infront of that lot ?

They stumped up the 500k before the Swiss - a bloody shame though, what a waste of time that was.

If they've still been hanging around in the background all this time i think it shows how utterly committed they are to getting us - not just your flash in the pan attempt.

really positive feeling about this...

How the feck did pinnacle get infront of that lot ?

They offered more money. Simples.

Fry couldn't give a toss about Saints, his job description is to get the most money for Barclays and Aviva.

And delay a Swiss takeover by over 4 weeks :( We could have had a 4 week head start if true.

Complete speculation and probably not true; but i have a feeling that what they planned to do was to try and hold off the bid or maybe get in with the money just. Then once in thy could sell to this group for more money making a profit etc. Maybe the Swiss called their bluff (as they really didn't have the money) and that could of been why they pulled out. Would also fit in with what the FL said.

Or that could be just thinking a bit too much :)

Fry couldn't give a toss about Saints, his job description is to get the most money for Barclays and Aviva.

But in that case he is clearly a **** salesman. What he did was accept the best of the first hagglers on the car lot. I wonder about Mole.

Spot on.

Let's not get too excited yet, there is also this other group right? Gillico or something? (Can't be arsed to look)

If it is the Swiss then hopefully we will be moving in the right direction and maybe I'll get to see the Saints lift another cup before I hit 40!

If anybody with kids has bought Richard Hammond's book about the science of cars, have a look at the picture of the Liebherr T282 - as tall as a small house and over 3000BHP, capable of carrying over 500 tonnes of mining rubble.

Put that at the centre of our defence next season and we're sorted; more mobility than Thomas too.... :-)

If true may account for the actions/non actions of people around the club?

MW turns down a job in Egypt. Flight was booked for 1st July.

MS working for nothing.

KD stalling signing for West Ham.

SJ looking for new contract.

Other players out of contract not rushing to leave.

I know just rubbish conspiracy theories.

Good one's though!!!!

:lol:@ all the Swiss avatars. Really hope this goes through though. Aside from the obvious cash, they have thus far dealt with this process (if they are seriously involved) far better than Pinnacle. Just keeping schtum until as and when the deal is complete, rather than publicity stunts and empty promises.

Well cant say how happy I would be if it happened, I like the way QPR our run (except the constant manager changes) as they are not stuped with there money. I would love to think that southampton would be a long term investment.

COYR

Well cant say how happy I would be if it happened, I like the way QPR our run (except the constant manager changes) as they are not stuped with there money. I would love to think that southampton would be a long term investment.

COYR

eh?

COYR

I wouldn't say QPR are run well, season tickets that cost the earth which is one thing they have f*cked up on.

If anybody with kids has bought Richard Hammond's book about the science of cars, have a look at the picture of the Liebherr T282 - as tall as a small house and over 3000BHP, capable of carrying over 500 tonnes of mining rubble.

Put that at the centre of our defence next season and we're sorted; more mobility than Thomas too.... :-)

LOL

I bet it does not drink as much as Wayne.

That's totally unfair. Thomas can't help it if he runs on rails!

A few sets of points and a turntable or two and he'll be just fine.

He would need repainting into red and white though!

They still need to make the best proposal for the creditors.

But they certainly seem to have the money to do that.

Hello Mr Barclay, this is Isolde Liebherr. I was wondering whether me and my brother Willi could settle the Southampton Football Club debt. What we had in mind was that we would purchase your little bank and then wipe off the debt. Do you agree?

:)

Just been told by the wife not to get too carried away with the Swiss takeover with the words "just look what state you got into over the Le Tissier/Keegan thing" :)

but I can hope cant I ???

Tell her to get back to her lady mag beatlesaint!

Just been told by the wife not to get too carried away with the Swiss takeover with the words "just look what state you got into over the Le Tissier/Keegan thing" :)

but I can hope cant I ???

What does she know;)

I have already started to get carried away with it all.

When we win the Premier League in Five years time the team will ride around Town in a **** Off great big dumper truck.

I would love this to be true as well but I have to ask WHY?

WHY would swiss billionaire businessmen chooose to invest in a 3rd tier English club who are currently in administration and who are starting the season on a minimum of -10 points?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})