Swiss bid led by Billionaires!

Saint Charlie

I would love this to be true as well but I have to ask WHY?

WHY would swiss billionaire businessmen chooose to invest in a 3rd tier English club who are currently in administration and who are starting the season on a minimum of -10 points?

Because it's a great club with great potential.

you're not going to get a better bargain in English football at the moment.

What does she know;)

I have already started to get carried away with it all.

When we win the Premier League in Five years time the team will ride around Town in a **** Off great big dumper truck.

She knows bugger all................but she knows how bloody suicidal I was at the start of the week over this continuing fiasco.

Please get this done on Monday Swiss people !! :)

WHY would swiss billionaire businessmen chooose to invest in a 3rd tier English club who are currently in administration and who are starting the season on a minimum of -10 points?

Someone's done it wth Notts County, so there is precedent

Potential,and a reasonable purchase price.

Would tie in with what Solent said re the wealth (billionaires) as soon as they entered the frame.

Wonder if the Harris "overseas" group can compete with these?

I shall never forget when it comes to Saint Charlie, the certainty with which you proclaimed all last week that the Pinnacle deal was the done thing. I felt the time had arrived when the Messenger should once and for all time be put to bed!!Not surprising when you are relying on such notoriously unreliable sources as Solent and the Echo. On the Mail article, I think you should remain silent and leave the predicting to ARTOVISION. LIEBHERR translated means Love Man, so not surprising that the article appears in the MAIL I suppose!

If this Swiss deal was indeed LIEBHERR why oh why did Fry need to leave them waiting almost a month before bringing them in. Especially for the likes of paqnbrokers likw Pinnacle. I hope for once we shall not be disappointed but this Fry guy leaves me mistrustful of his ability to recognise a good business deal when he sees one. I only hope Saint Ted is looking down upon us all tonight having put in a draught petition before the Almighty that He will spare His Saintly children of any further suffering and disillusionment.

It should be chucked out unless MLT is the chairman.

MLT should not be allowed anywhere near the place as an employee, honory or otherwise. His apparent blind faith in Fialka and how he communicated it to the media was IMO very poor at best and shows that his future lies in punditry. I wish him well. This lot are billionaires they didn't get that way by employing anyone with the type ot track records our past legends and decision makers have shown in the past few years with the possible exception of Lowe and Cowen.

Jusr don't expect miracles at the start - look at QPR as a point of reference and worse the Swiss are notoriously guarded and cautious as a nation. Expect quiet consolidation and stability and at least two years in division 1 and during which time I suspect they will want to see some signs of a return on their investment, realised or otherwise. So no more wait and see before you all buy a ST.

Just told my wife and all she did was roll her eyes and said did I remember how excited I was re Paul Allen ?

Just wait and see and don't build your hopes up yet again :(:(:(

All I got was, "That's nice."

MLT should not be allowed anywhere near the place as an employee, honory or otherwise. His apparent blind faith in Fialka and how he communicated it to the media was IMO very poor at best and shows that his future lies in punditry. I wish him well. This lot are billionaires they didn't get that way by employing anyone with the type ot track records our past legends and decision makers have shown in the past few years with the possible exception of Lowe and Cowen.

Jusr don't expect miracles at the start - look at QPR as a point of reference and worse the Swiss are notoriously guarded and cautious as a nation. Expect quiet consolidation and stability and at least two years in division 1 and during which time I suspect they will want to see some signs of a return on their investment, realised or otherwise. So no more wait and see before you all buy a ST.

Bless.

A very good point.

The only reason would be to link the purchase of the club to wider business objectives in the Southampton area.

that or they have more money than sense!

they have links with the port

(see daily teligraph link)

Am I the only one who can't find the telegraph link?

Just told my wife and all she did was roll her eyes and said did I remember how excited I was re Paul Allen ?

Just wait and see and don't build your hopes up yet again :(:(:(

I would have slapped her.

If we get bought by the swiss, does that mean we will always have to finish mid-table? you know, for political reasons

COuld be difficult. We have to draw every game, and with the deduction that only leaves us with 36 points come the end of the season.

TBH I don't care how much the new owner has.

I just want a clean slate and my team to go back to the one I loved, punching above it's weight in the top division through hard work, great support, local talent and a bit of flair.

Hopefully the new owner will deliver us a platform to grow. Football will eat itself financially and maybe (just maybe) us being one of the first big casualties will stand us in good stead.

Imagine taking this into KwikFit and being told your fronts are worn unevenly and the rears are on the limit.

I'd park it on double yellows, just to see some traffic policeman trying to wrestle a clamp onto it.

If it is true and there are port interests behind it then fine. Why the **** couldn't Rupert Lowe see that?

As some of you will know I have long argued that an approach to a long haul shipping enterprise that needs more Euro dock space via development was obvious for Saints. I mentioned Hutichison Whampoa but there are many others who can't get in to Rotterdam with panamax ships as it's full.

If it is true and there are port interests behind it then fine. Why the **** couldn't Rupert Lowe see that?

As some of you will know I have long argued that an approach to a long haul shipping enterprise that needs more Euro dock space via development was obvious for Saints. I mentioned Hutichison Whampoa but there are many others who can't get in to Rotterdam with panamax ships as it's full.

Nowhere near visionary enough for Rupert.

Heracy.

COuld be difficult. We have to draw every game, and with the deduction that only leaves us with 36 points come the end of the season.

hmmm good point. looks like the deal is off then :p

If its true they have been tracking us for two years you can see why RL was (allegedly) holding out for £50m. He'd have be thinking how minted they are.

0,1020,382134,00.jpg

Our new owners I hope :)

And she wears a white suit! Maybe there is some truth in those rumours of a woman in a white suit spotted at St. Mary's :D

Flippin hell, I wonder if these people will be in our boardroom at Totton on Tuesday? They could be in for a shock as our boardroom is a tad different to what they'll be used to!

Please God, let this be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would be a dream come true for us and something for me to brag about at work in P*mpey! ;)

No, seriously, this could be exactly what we need. Now, all we need is for them to confirm on Monday and put us out of our misery. COYR !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})