Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

if the fans take over..I give you 12 months before the first rumblings of a storm...as "fan on the board" types get all political as they want the power, the limelight etc....we had an incentive to get a "fan on the board" here...and all sorts of games were being played.....

just wait...a "fans takeover will have good will for so long..until you have to sell players in the future or make tough decisions once all the dunt is settled and one or two others will start to pipe up about whoever is in charge making the wrong decisions etc

Indeed, the only way these things work effectively is if fans stay as owners, but appoint executives who know what they are doing - and leave them to get on with it - every fan has their own opinion of the way a club should be run.... any 'fan on the board' must have a very detauled and limited remit - merely to provide a voice for fan related issues - not finance, not football, not manager, not transfers, and not budget etc... just communication

I feared for any aircraft taking off from City Airport with Allardyce and Atkins style of hoofball likely to hit anything flying overhead; wondered if the ball would ever touch the ground, guess it must have done at least seven times for the kick off and restarts.

:facepalm:

They really are a deluded bunch down there, why on earth would Adkins ever go to a small club like them?

I don't think anyone on here is jealous of Pompey, I can swear on everything dear to me that jealousy towards SFC is something I have never experienced, so I am positive most scummers wont be jealous of Pompey in any way shape or form, in the past or now. Rival fans have a fantastic way of controlling emotions and constrewing them in other ways. BUT, I do believe there is a feeling of ill-will towards a fan takeover on here, which again is understandable. If it fails, more laughs at our expense, if it succeeds, then I think the control we will have over our club will lead to a few fans whimsically wishing they could have the same relationship with their own club. I seriously believe (and I do have impecible, though slightly biased sources) you have a cretin at the helm, a poor leader and a **** of a man. I believe you would be better off in control of your own club. Dismiss it any way you like but it is true.

You moron, it should be obvious even to you that the trust simply doesn't have enough money to buy and operate a FL club. What's actually being proposed, apparently, is that a property developer is going to buy the club and it must be obvious what his motives are for wanting the land. The proposed new chairman allegedly has some involvement in the liquidation of various previous companies and who knows what other types will sling in a few bucks and get on the board and what their motives will be? It may be that you will simply end up with a localised version of what you had previously with international "investors".

One thing seems fairly certain, it will not be a club run by fans as you blokes simply don't have the money for this malarkey, thus opening the door for a further parade of "investors" whilst you lot chant their names from the sparsely populated wasteland that is Fatpipes Park. It will all end in tears, I tell thee ....

I don't think anyone on here is jealous of Pompey, I can swear on everything dear to me that jealousy towards SFC is something I have never experienced, so I am positive most scummers wont be jealous of Pompey in any way shape or form, in the past or now. Rival fans have a fantastic way of controlling emotions and constrewing them in other ways. BUT, I do believe there is a feeling of ill-will towards a fan takeover on here, which again is understandable. If it fails, more laughs at our expense, if it succeeds, then I think the control we will have over our club will lead to a few fans whimsically wishing they could have the same relationship with their own club. I seriously believe (and I do have impecible, though slightly biased sources) you have a cretin at the helm, a poor leader and a **** of a man. I believe you would be better off in control of your own club. Dismiss it any way you like but it is true.

The last thing I would want is fans running our club. I noticed the meeting you lot had the other week, the questions were all very important like can we bring the price of the beer down etc. There will be the usual ones who want the celebrity more than the health of the club and will put their agenda ahead of what is best for the club. I prefer a leader who can channel the club in one direction, yes it may upset some but in the longrun decisions are not fudged.

You are mates with Lynham surely you can get him to put his finances your way Afterall it must all still be there after the Pinacle saga

The last thing I would want is fans running our club. I noticed the meeting you lot had the other week, the questions were all very important like can we bring the price of the beer down etc. There will be the usual ones who want the celebrity more than the health of the club and will put their agenda ahead of what is best for the club. I prefer a leader who can channel the club in one direction, yes it may upset some but in the longrun decisions are not fudged.

You are mates with Lynham surely you can get him to put his finances your way Afterall it must all still be there after the Pinacle saga

Amen to that.

What I would like, and what we don't have, is a proper conduit between the management of the club and the fanbase. A forum to bring up issues that get given a little more than lip service; where customer service concerns and problems can be raised and ideally put right. Running of the club by fans? No thanks. Too many personalities at work all vying for attention, and often the ideal of putting the club first gets lost in all that.

I do find it quite funny though that, despite financial mismanagement stretching back over the oast 50 odd years, the Skates are now trying to take the moral high ground in how clubs should be run :lol::lol:

BUT, I do believe there is a feeling of ill-will towards a fan takeover on here,
I don't see much ill-will to be honest PES, although I was personally disappointed to see the PST's original bid failed to offer any bigger return (to the poor bastards ****ed over by the previous owners) than Chinny's bid. Good luck to the PST. They have done very well so far. Not sure owning the club will be all its cracked up to be though.

I don't see much ill-will to be honest PES, although I was personally disappointed to see the PST's original bid failed to offer any bigger return (to the poor bastards ****ed over by the previous owners) than Chinny's bid. Good luck to the PST. They have done very well so far. Not sure owning the club will be all its cracked up to be though.

I disagree, the whole thing is based on loans! They have asked the fans to borrow money for their shares, they have asked the city council for a loan, and they have got into bed with a property developer, who is loaning the trust money. All of this after diluting £160 odd million pound down to a pittance, which they are still trying to avoid paying. They are 'scum' pure and simple, and liquidation is too good for them.

I disagree, the whole thing is based on loans! They have asked the fans to borrow money for their shares, they have asked the city council for a loan, and they have got into bed with a property developer, who is loaning the trust money. All of this after diluting £160 odd million pound down to a pittance, which they are still trying to avoid paying. They are 'scum' pure and simple, and liquidation is too good for them.

I disagree!

They have indeed done extremely well to convince people that a business that has gone bust and traded insolvently more times than Dubai Phil has told a tall [incredibly boring] story on this very thread, should be worth the risk to lend them yet more money!

I, four one, will be the first to PMSFL when it all goes tits up again and yet more people lose yet more money! I trust that HMRC will be all over them like a rash and will be down on them like a ton of bricks when they miss their first payment. Other than that, I really don't care who else they rip off, assuming of course that the local charities are now wise to them and won't trust a word they say.

over on POL they were talking of this game as a top of the table clash :facepalm:

They don't seriously expect their 10 point deduction to be deffered for that much longer do they?

Top of the table clash for a team who are in effect 22 points off the pace. Bravo.

over on POL they were talking of this game as a top of the table clash :facepalm:

And in reality it should be (before the minus ten kicks in anyway). Most of Pompey's team is made up of players that the majority of the division cannot afford; some of their players (Howard, Buszacky etc) only 2 or 3 other clubs could afford. They have one of the best squads in the division, even if it is limited in number to 20 senior pros.

Add to that, League 1 is as weak now as it has been in 4 or 5 years, perhaps more. Clubs that have been promoted from it in that time include us, Norwich, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, Charlton, Millwall and Brighton. All solid Championship teams. The top 2 in L1 before today's games were Tranmere and Stevenage; the only other decent sized team in there is Sheffield United, plus a Coventry side on the brink of banruptcy.

Pompey should be challenging towards the top, given what they're able to spend in comparison to their rivals and how weak those rivals are this season. Their form also highlights just how bad a start we made under Pardew.

They really do believe their own hype. Talking about last nights game.

"The away support was excellent. We sold all of our allocation and I don't think their home support had seen or heard anything like it! Crowd of 4,000, so over 3,000 of them - really?!

They also had a drummer who tapped lightly once or twice. But no, they were useless. Even after a "2-1 and you still don't sing" - they still didn't sing. It really did feel like more of a home game from the atmosphere. Really? I wonder why, could it be the size of the ground or the number of empty seats?

Some reckon they can get if overturned if the trust take over. God I hope not.

The Football League made it clear (eventually) that "failing to honour a CVA" attracts the same penalty as "not agreeing a CVA in the first place". I can't see why the Football League would want to U-Turn on something that is quite clearly a logical stance.

The Football League made it clear (eventually) that "failing to honour a CVA" attracts the same penalty as "not agreeing a CVA in the first place". I can't see why the Football League would want to U-Turn on something that is quite clearly a logical stance.

Pompey and Logic does not compute

Nope. The statements said they hadn't got creditor agreements

I always wondered what the outcome of Birch's "emergency appeal" to all CVA1 creditors was. It was publicised in a blaze of glory at the time ( that they needed as many CVA1 creditors to get on touch as soon as possible) but we never heard how successful the appeal was. One would guess it was unsuccessful as I'm sure we'd have heard a fanfare by now if ***** had miraculously got enough CVA1 creditors to write off their original 20%

Accepting the -10 penalty is one tangible thing the trust can do to demonstrate they do indeed have the moral high ground over previous owners...I'm not holding my breath...

Edited by trousers

I always wondered what the outcome of Birch's "emergency appeal" to all CVA1 creditors was. It was publicised in a blaze of glory at the time ( that they needed as many CVA1 creditors to get on touch as soon as possible) but we never heard how successful the appeal was. One would guess it was unsuccessful as I'm sure we'd have heard a fanfare by now if ***** had miraculously got enough CVA1 creditors to write off their original 20%

Hope so.

They really do believe their own hype. Talking about last nights game.

"The away support was excellent. We sold all of our allocation and I don't think their home support had seen or heard anything like it! Crowd of 4,000, so over 3,000 of them - really?!

Initial allocation was 500, which they sold out and then 400 tickets were available on the door.

Nope. The statements said they hadn't got creditor agreements

I was being sarcastic. They offered the same as Chinny at the time and no reason why they would change it - they wouldn't want to leave themselves short now would they. The original CVA won't be honoured and therefore there is not a cat in hells chance they will avoid the -10.

I was being sarcastic. They offered the same as Chinny at the time and no reason why they would change it - they wouldn't want to leave themselves short now would they. The original CVA won't be honoured and therefore there is not a cat in hells chance they will avoid the -10.

No problem with the -10. Only right, I don't think anyone I know begrudges it or believe we will try to wriggle out of it. Of course it's sad that the creditors lose so much money, but it's a problem with the rules which are the same for everyone, including you, so no shock there surely. Also the creditors agreed to the CVA so what else can be done?

Going forward we will cut our cloth accordingly and if that means league 2 so be it, not fussed really, after initially liking the top league and becoming 'premierised' the interest soon dropped off (pretty much after your relegation) and then I slowly realised how it's a TV league and in honesty, **** if you actually go. It might be nice to be relevant to other teams TV fans, in workplaces up and down the country or when abroad, it's even exciting the first time you see your team on FIFA, but for the punter on the day, you know the ones who actually attend matches, it's truely ****. I mean you pay twice as much for your season ticket and seemingly play half as many games, nearly always at times when you don't really want to go anyway. Honestly i enjoyed the Championship, now league one and look forward to seeing what league two is like, I started following Pompey in 1992 so have no experience of the lower leagues, gotta say I like it! :)

No problem with the -10. Only right, I don't think anyone I know begrudges it or believe we will try to wriggle out of it. Of course it's sad that the creditors lose so much money, but it's a problem with the rules which are the same for everyone, including you, so no shock there surely. Also the creditors agreed to the CVA so what else can be done?

Going forward we will cut our cloth accordingly and if that means league 2 so be it, not fussed really, after initially liking the top league and becoming 'premierised' the interest soon dropped off (pretty much after your relegation) and then I slowly realised how it's a TV league and in honesty, **** if you actually go. It might be nice to be relevant to other teams TV fans, in workplaces up and down the country or when abroad, it's even exciting the first time you see your team on FIFA, but for the punter on the day, you know the ones who actually attend matches, it's truely ****. I mean you pay twice as much for your season ticket and seemingly play half as many games, nearly always at times when you don't really want to go anyway. Honestly i enjoyed the Championship, now league one and look forward to seeing what league two is like, I started following Pompey in 1992 so have no experience of the lower leagues, gotta say I like it! :)

Also the creditors agreed to the CVA so what else can be done?

That, to me, is breathtaking. The creditors agreed to the CVA so it's OK you ****ed them over and didn't pay it? What exactly is your point?

I recognise all these things, but after the first season novelty wears off and you've been to all the grounds you've never had the chance to go to before, the tiny away crowds creating **** atmospheres at home games and the limited joy of expected victories starts to make you hanker for the thrill of beating a top six side, the packed crowds and the huge away attendances that give you that big game buzz. If you wanted `real' football you'd be watching non-league...I'll leave that one wide open.

It's been a week since PKF gave you preferred bidder status. Has the FAPPT been done? Do the property developers have to be tested or are they loaning the PST money? If so does that mean its the CEO that is tested? How does that work? What's the time frame here? Have you been asked for you £900 yet?

last post;

That, to me, is breathtaking. The creditors agreed to the CVA so it's OK you ****ed them over and didn't pay it? What exactly is your point?

I usually avoid insults but please dont be an unrealistic sanctimonious knob Danbert. Thats how the morally bankrupt business world operates it is disgusting and covers a far wider forte than irresponsible football clubs. I support a football club, not a church group so save it. I regret what the crims did is all I or any other fan can offer and as scant consolation have seen the club embarressed and shooting down the leagues with penalty after penalty (all deserved), what would you suggest be done, how would what has transpired of been any different if Saints were in that situation, or palace or Leicester or any other team that has bankrupted itself through, gambling, stupidity or worse.

I recognise all these things, but after the first season novelty wears off and you've been to all the grounds you've never had the chance to go to before, the tiny away crowds creating **** atmospheres at home games and the limited joy of expected victories starts to make you hanker for the thrill of beating a top six side, the packed crowds and the huge away attendances that give you that big game buzz. If you wanted `real' football you'd be watching non-league...I'll leave that one wide open.

It's been a week since PKF gave you preferred bidder status. Has the FAPPT been done? Do the property developers have to be tested or are they loaning the PST money? If so does that mean its the CEO that is tested? How does that work? What's the time frame here? Have you been asked for you £900 yet?

I can't answer any of that, i know far more about what goes on in your club than i do my own. I believe the intention is to have a CEO running the club, don't know the time frame and have yet to receive a prospectus or be asked for the £900 yet.

when chinny offered £500,000 could the PST have offered £1m or was there just no point in doubling the 0.4% to 0.8% for the original creditors??

No, that would of made a business plan that (without knowing the details of) most ridicule on here as having no substance, even less likely to be workable, so how would you expect the PST to of acted realistically. C'mon I know you're not naive business-wise so why would you expect any business deal to pay anymore than it had to. Morality does not come into it.

last post;

I usually avoid insults but please dont be an unrealistic sanctimonious knob Danbert. Thats how the morally bankrupt business world operates it is disgusting and covers a far wider forte than irresponsible football clubs. I support a football club, not a church group so save it. I regret what the crims did is all I or any other fan can offer and as scant consolation have seen the club embarressed and shooting down the leagues with penalty after penalty (all deserved), what would you suggest be done, how would what has transpired of been any different if Saints were in that situation, or palace or Leicester or any other team that has bankrupted itself through, gambling, stupidity or worse.

I can't answer any of that, i know far more about what goes on in your club than i do my own. I believe the intention is to have a CEO running the club, don't know the time frame and have yet to receive a prospectus or be asked for the £900 yet.

No, that would of made a business plan that (without knowing the details of) most ridicule on here as having no substance, even less likely to be workable, so how would you expect the PST to of acted realistically. C'mon I know you're not naive business-wise so why would you expect any business deal to pay anymore than it had to. Morality does not come into it.

All summed up in one short sentence !

(from the mouths of babes, eh ?)

Absolutely disgraceful comments from Appleton once again:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/appleton-feels-for-departed-obita-1-4405340

See the final 'paragraph'.......

Completely and utterly deluded! They really believe they have a God given right to a full squad full of players that are on 5k + a week.

Whenever they get any money down there all they think about is "PLAYERS! SHORT TERM GAIN! MUST GET PROMOTED! MUST DO IT NOW! F*CK THE YOUTH! F*CK THE CREDITORS! MUST GET PLAYERS. MUST WIN LEAGUE."

Unbelieveable Jeff.