Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Hark...the sound of stable doors slamming shut down Pompey way...

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/halford-wants-ownership-rule-changes-1-4113818

"Halford, who made 77 appearances and scored 12 goals during his time at Fratton Park, remains angry over how the club have come full circle in two years.

And he wants the fit and proper persons’ test tightened to avoid more clubs running into such grave financial problems.

He said: ‘I think the Football League and the Premier League need to maybe have a look at their test. It needs to be done properly to avoid teams like Pompey being put into jeopardy.

‘You look back and they have given the go-ahead to some owners that pretty much have turned out to be ghosts.

‘You would like to think everyone can learn from these mistakes and it never happens again – but it always seems to.

‘The ownership system needs to be looked at. These people have to be put under the microscope more."

:facepalm:

Greg! No, no and thrice no! What needs to be tightened up is Pompey's OWN due diligence process.

Would you buy a second hand car based purely on an MoT certificate? No, of course you wouldn't you daft buffoon. You'd do some research on its history yourself or get an independent 3rd party to do it for you.

FFS....when will these clowns get it?

Research or 3rd party consultants be blowed - a little light googling could have told them all they needed to know :scared:

I strongly suspect the problem was more that they didn't *want* to know what they'd find :D

Hark...the sound of stable doors slamming shut down Pompey way...

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/halford-wants-ownership-rule-changes-1-4113818

"Halford, who made 77 appearances and scored 12 goals during his time at Fratton Park, remains angry over how the club have come full circle in two years.

And he wants the fit and proper persons’ test tightened to avoid more clubs running into such grave financial problems.

He said: ‘I think the Football League and the Premier League need to maybe have a look at their test. It needs to be done properly to avoid teams like Pompey being put into jeopardy.

‘You look back and they have given the go-ahead to some owners that pretty much have turned out to be ghosts.

‘You would like to think everyone can learn from these mistakes and it never happens again – but it always seems to.

‘The ownership system needs to be looked at. These people have to be put under the microscope more."

:facepalm:

Greg! No, no and thrice no! What needs to be tightened up is Pompey's OWN due diligence process.

Would you buy a second hand car based purely on an MoT certificate? No, of course you wouldn't you daft buffoon. You'd do some research on its history yourself or get an independent 3rd party to do it for you.

FFS....when will these clowns get it?

We can expect them all to be deliriously happy when the FL decide that Chinny isn't a FAPP then, can we? The FL tell them that they're not going to allow a loan shark into Portsmouth as it doesn't look promising for their future - and they are liquidated instead. Portsmouth fans will be hailing the new strength of the FL in protecting their club from dubious characters......

no? thought not.

We can expect them all to be deliriously happy when the FL decide that Chinny isn't a FAPP then, can we? The FL tell them that they're not going to allow a loan shark into Portsmouth as it doesn't look promising for their future - and they are liquidated instead. Portsmouth fans will be hailing the new strength of the FL in protecting their club from dubious characters......

no? thought not.

This is indeed what makes their whingeing about the fit persons test so irritating. If the FL. had refused to let CSI, or any other of their dodgy owners, takeover, the chances are they'd have gone bust years ago anyway --amidst cries of anger against the football authorities.

Why would I want to visit a place dedicated to a horrible event that I am fed up with hearing about.?

Throughout history men have done nasty things to others in war as well as without war being declared.

I am really peed off with Israel claiming that their sad loss is the most important and no one elses

is anywhere as near as being so bad and that as a victim they are more of a victim than anybody else.

They themselves are nothing like as innocent as they try to claim, they even attack their own allies.

Israel bombed a U.S. ship in the Med killing several crew even though that ship was well marked as a U.S.ship

and they had the nerve to say they thought it was Egyptian.

I better shut up now or else I will get really into my stride. I USED to have every sympathy with Israel but

the older and wiser I have become my attitude has been radically changed by facts.

To keep it on topic I used to have a soft spot for Portsmouth FC but now.........

Not putting a damper on any particular terrible event but I read yesterday that ghengis khan's army killed over 1.5 million people in 1 hour in a war that was going on. Obviously a big difference in the way people live back then and more recent history but 1.5 Million!!!!

:(

Not putting a damper on any particular terrible event but I read yesterday that ghengis khan's army killed over 1.5 million people in 1 hour in a war that was going on.

Some of my grandfathers distant relatives were killed in that war, so please don't please mention it again. It's upsetting and I'm going to have a lie down. You may not hear from me for a while...

Not putting a damper on any particular terrible event but I read yesterday that ghengis khan's army killed over 1.5 million people in 1 hour in a war that was going on. Obviously a big difference in the way people live back then and more recent history but 1.5 Million!!!!

:(

Possibly an exaggeration, although it's facinating that 16 million people are direct descendants of his. Horny Devil.

http://history.howstuffworks.com/asian-history/genghis-khan-murder1.htm

Having been away for a few days I have just managed to catch up !

In summary, Birchie is happy that he has now gotten the squad down to 3, Halford is now a legend for leaving without making a loss, (ex Donny reserve) Dumbo is now a legend for saying he'll sign for them regardless of all the other teams clamouring for his services and Neil Allen continues to make an arse of himself. Chinny now has the sweet scent of the PP's within his grasp and they are preparing for a 'massive' local derby tonight v the Shots !!

All of this interspersed with a few references to Hitler and the holocaust, so business as usual really or have I missed anything ?

In summary, Birchie is happy that he has now gotten the squad down to 3, Halford is now a legend for leaving without making a loss, (ex Donny reserve) Dumbo is now a legend for saying he'll sign for them regardless of all the other teams clamouring for his services and Neil Allen continues to make an arse of himself. Chinny now has the sweet scent of the PP's within his grasp and they are preparing for a 'massive' local derby tonight v the Shots !!

All of this interspersed with a few references to Hitler and the holocaust, so business as usual really or have I missed anything ?

Yes, its been a slow few days. NA has distinguished himself in P*mpey Pravda with a more than usually asinine level of spin and hype as he struggles to make it look worthwhile, despite the increasing weight of hard evidence to the contrary. Presumaby a point will come where his efforts become so transparently futile that he'll throw the towel in, but he hasn't reached it yet

We've changed our mind about PompeyScot so now we don't like him!

Yes, its been a slow few days. NA has distinguished himself in P*mpey Pravda with a more than usually asinine level of spin and hype as he struggles to make it look worthwhile, despite the increasing weight of hard evidence to the contrary. Presumaby a point will come where his efforts become so transparently futile that he'll throw the towel in, but he hasn't reached it yet

So Nigel Adkins has replaced Michael Appleton then ?

That I did miss !:)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-fans-plot-march-ahead-of-bolton-friendly-1-4114410

'Someone asked me the other day if the march is for or against anything. It doesn’t need to be for or against anything.,

"mike probert here

the march is not against any party or even with any party its a passion for pompey to stand as one with one voice one club and please can you all meet at the guildhall to leave at 13:30pm ty all for the support of the march"

It will be interesting to see how many of the phew turnout on a working day

[/b]

Can I respectfully suggest that your bucket list of places to visit include (a) Auschwitz and/or (b) Yad Vashem in Jerusalem.

A trip to either of those will reveal to you why the Holocaust should and will never be forgotten, whether you are Jewish or not.

I think you might be misunderstanding his point. No one is saying to forget it, but I think (so might well be wrong) that he was referring to the way that we are told to remember it can sometimes be like emotional blackmail. Just musing, but it is interesting that we seem not to remember what happened to the Armenians and what is known as the Armenian Genocide or Armenian Holocaust. And somewhat more recently, the Rwandan Genocide seems not to be mentioned either. Maybe those people were not as worthy of remembrance?

[/b]

Can I respectfully suggest that your bucket list of places to visit include (a) Auschwitz and/or (b) Yad Vashem in Jerusalem.

A trip to either of those will reveal to you why the Holocaust should and will never be forgotten, whether you are Jewish or not.

I think you might be misunderstanding his point. No one is saying to forget it, but I think (so might well be wrong) that he was referring to the way that we are told to remember it can sometimes be like emotional blackmail. Just musing, but it is interesting that we seem not to remember what happened to the Armenians and what is known as the Armenian Genocide or Armenian Holocaust. And somewhat more recently, the Rwandan Genocide seems not to be mentioned either. Maybe those people were not as worthy of remembrance?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/fans-urged-to-wear-blue-on-deadline-day-1-4114408

I wonder how much support a FB group urging fans to support their winding up would attract :)

How wonderfully serendipitous. I couldn't resist trolling the Cardiff board with this - given the red/blue factions have been threatening each-other with physical violence recently.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=330891&start=0&rid=0

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/fans-urged-to-wear-blue-on-deadline-day-1-4114408

I wonder how much support a FB group urging fans to support their winding up would attract :)

How wonderfully serendipitous. I couldn't resist trolling the Cardiff board with this - given the red/blue factions have been threatening each-other with physical violence recently.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=330891&start=0&rid=0

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-fans-plot-march-ahead-of-bolton-friendly-1-4114410

'Someone asked me the other day if the march is for or against anything. It doesn’t need to be for or against anything.,

Hundreds of fans are expected to turn out for the march on Saturday

I read "march" as "match" first time around. Both are probably true.

Hundreds of fans are expected to turn out for the march on Saturday

I read "march" as "match" first time around. Both are probably true.

Why would I want to visit a place dedicated to a horrible event that I am fed up with hearing about.?

Throughout history men have done nasty things to others in war as well as without war being declared.

I am really peed off with Israel claiming that their sad loss is the most important and no one elses

is anywhere as near as being so bad and that as a victim they are more of a victim than anybody else.

They themselves are nothing like as innocent as they try to claim, they even attack their own allies.

Israel bombed a U.S. ship in the Med killing several crew even though that ship was well marked as a U.S.ship

I better shut up now or else I will get really into my stride. I USED to have every sympathy with Israel but

the older and wiser I have become my attitude has been radically changed by facts.

To keep it on topic I used to have a soft spot for Portsmouth FC but now.........

They have to keep mentioning the holocaust to deflect attention away from their illegal state and the atrocities they have committed

What was it 20m Russians killed , 3m Armenians and so on . There are loads of unpleasant states but not many of them

have the USA giving them carte Blanche to do what they want.

They have to keep mentioning the holocaust to deflect attention away from their illegal state and the atrocities they have committed

What was it 20m Russians killed , 3m Armenians and so on . There are loads of unpleasant states but not many of them

have the USA giving them carte Blanche to do what they want.

I guess the big questions reamins teh level of footballing debt:

1. Total of existing footballing debt to August 2012

2. How much of this will be paid up by chinney on arrival

3. How much is deferred and over what timeframe

4. Wil the PL withold PPs to cover the remianing deferred debt

5. Will the FL be happy with the deferred debt and timeline of repayment if the PPs are not witheld?

6. What is the timeframe for the derisory 2p in the 2p CVA payments - epecially as not a penny was paid to the last one in 2 years

Whatever happens the simple fact remains, for some inexplicable reason, the media, FL etc have not really bothered to dig deep and expose and publicise the shear hidiousness and level of their 'crimes' - brushing over 100 mil + of written off debt chasing a dream that their infrastructure, fanbase and revenue could not sustain.... all beacuse its football blah blah blah... yes its embarrassing, to the national game, which surely suggests they are better off getting rid, than 'supporting the football family' - Sorry it simply just stinks, yet most dont get it. Have said it before and will say it again, if Saints had done this, I would support a breakaway - I would simply not want to continue supporting a club that that so blatently cheated, not once but twin in the last 7 years, ripped off charities, local suppliers and been run by these types... I could not stomach it - The club and what it stands for is simply NOT worth saving - I would have utmost respect for any pompey fans that ent down that route with a similar attitude, but sadly there dont seem to be any, as all to desperate to cling on to their 'history' as they knwo they will have feck all of a future, and believe misguidedly that we might be bothered by their 'vast' numbers of additional trophies....

5. Will the FL be happy with the deferred debt and timeline of repayment if the PPs are not witheld?

6. What is the timeframe for the derisory 2p in the 2p CVA payments - epecially as not a penny was paid to the last one in 2 years

Whatever happens the simple fact remains, for some inexplicable reason, the media, FL etc have not really bothered to dig deep and expose and publicise the shear hidiousness and level of their 'crimes' - brushing over 100 mil + of written off debt chasing a dream that their infrastructure, fanbase and revenue could not sustain.... all beacuse its football blah blah blah... yes its embarrassing, to the national game, which surely suggests they are better off getting rid, than 'supporting the football family' - Sorry it simply just stinks, yet most dont get it. Have said it before and will say it again, if Saints had done this, I would support a breakaway - I would simply not want to continue supporting a club that that so blatently cheated, not once but twin in the last 7 years, ripped off charities, local suppliers and been run by these types... I could not stomach it - The club and what it stands for is simply NOT worth saving - I would have utmost respect for any pompey fans that ent down that route with a similar attitude, but sadly there dont seem to be any, as all to desperate to cling on to their 'history' as they knwo they will have feck all of a future, and believe misguidedly that we might be bothered by their 'vast' numbers of additional trophies....

Well, at least Arsene agrees with your sentiments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2181959/Arsene-Wenger-Chelsea-Manchester-City-damage.html

Well, at least Arsene agrees with your sentiments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2181959/Arsene-Wenger-Chelsea-Manchester-City-damage.html

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-closing-in-on-kitson-compromise-1-4113813

Birch has been progressing on the Kitson front. And he is confident the former Stoke striker will not be the last player to leave Pompey as the possibility of liquidation looms.He told The News: ‘I think we can view the current situation with Dave Kitson as good news.

‘We are talking and talking sensible. Matters are significantly better than they were before.

‘He has not got another club to move to, so we have to pay a figure for him to walk away from his current contract.

‘Let’s face it, it is hard for any player to do that, especially when most of them have the security of a club to go to.

‘It is a big leap of faith for him to negotiate when effectively he is going into nothing. There are some meaningful discussions going on, though, and in terms of time frame, this one may be tied in with everything else.

‘I can say it certainly won’t be Dave Kitson who will be the last man.

‘I am loath to say everything is looking more encouraging now regarding the club, as there is still a lot to do.

‘It is still a work-in-progress – but we are still in the game.’

Any thoughts on this one Mr PFA?

Gordon-Taylor-007.jpg

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-closing-in-on-kitson-compromise-1-4113813

Birch has been progressing on the Kitson front. And he is confident the former Stoke striker will not be the last player to leave Pompey as the possibility of liquidation looms.He told The News: ‘I think we can view the current situation with Dave Kitson as good news.

‘We are talking and talking sensible. Matters are significantly better than they were before.

‘He has not got another club to move to, so we have to pay a figure for him to walk away from his current contract.

‘Let’s face it, it is hard for any player to do that, especially when most of them have the security of a club to go to.

‘It is a big leap of faith for him to negotiate when effectively he is going into nothing. There are some meaningful discussions going on, though, and in terms of time frame, this one may be tied in with everything else.

‘I can say it certainly won’t be Dave Kitson who will be the last man.

‘I am loath to say everything is looking more encouraging now regarding the club, as there is still a lot to do.

‘It is still a work-in-progress – but we are still in the game.’

Any thoughts on this one Mr PFA?

Gordon-Taylor-007.jpg

Edited by trousers

I like the bit that says"He said: ‘I have been a Pompey fan for 10 years and when I heard that it looks like August 10 will be the last day, I was wondering if there was anything I could do.

‘I decided to set up the group and see how big it could get"

Because Getting likes on Facebook cures cancer and world hunger so I'm sure it will save Pompey. (Insert epic face palm image here)

I like the bit that says"He said: ‘I have been a Pompey fan for 10 years and when I heard that it looks like August 10 will be the last day, I was wondering if there was anything I could do.

‘I decided to set up the group and see how big it could get"

Because Getting likes on Facebook cures cancer and world hunger so I'm sure it will save Pompey. (Insert epic face palm image here)