Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This is a saints forum. There is plenty of better things to be doing than listening to express FM. The olympics for a start.

With respect kind sir, this is a thread to be obsessed with everything Pompey related. There is nothing better for a fellow nutjob to be doing this evening than following Pompey's game via Twitter or the wireless. :-)

@tomjudd94: If #Pompey pull through, i really do have a good feeling we are going to do well this season!

:facepalm:

On what basis? That they're doing OK against a League Two side with a team with players they can't afford and will be sold on or trialists they still can't afford but will sign anyway. They'll get a shock against Bournemouth, if they make it that far :lol:

With respect kind sir, this is a thread to be obsessed with everything Pompey related. There is nothing better for a fellow nutjob to be doing this evening than following Pompey's game via Twitter or the wireless. :-)

TBF if you are listening to the Portsmouth friendly rather than watching the olympics then I feel sorry for you. Even with this thread there are limits.

I'm not. Someone posted that they got a mention on express FM and I was commenting that I think tat takes obsession to whole new levels and is a bit tragic. That's it.

People on this forum were watching their game vs Gibraltar on a stream earlier in this thread.

Edited by Matthew Le God

People on this forum were watching their game vs Gibraltar on a stream earlier in this thread.

Equally sad IMO although I can sort of see the logic in that because you can see what sort of team they have put out and laugh at their poor performance. Not quite the same experience on the radio though is it.

Equally sad IMO although I can sort of see the logic in that because you can see what sort of team they have put out and laugh at their poor performance. Not quite the same experience on the radio though is it.

So there's no point in having football of any kind on the radio is there?

The natives are getting excited...

@neilmeldrumecho: 1,053 #Pompey fans at Aldershot tonight... Their support through adversity is incredible.

@allydougall4: "@officialpompey: Attendance: 2,094 (1,053 #Pompey fans)" RT ..... Brilliant once again #PompeyRangers

@JordanHampton: More #Pompey fans than Aldershot fans at the EBB stadium tonight!! Amazing!! :)

@DarylPFC: Love that there are more #Pompey fans than Aldershot fans even though Aldershot are at home :L

Why bother listening to Saints on the radio if its "not the same experience" as seeing them on an internet stream.

Because I support Southampton football club and in the absence of a stream it is the best way to get the experience live. Of course watching on TV or a stream is better than listening on the radio. I don't know what you are trying to argue here.

Because I support Southampton football club and in the absence of a stream it is the best way to get the experience live. Of course watching on TV or a stream is better than listening on the radio. I don't know what you are trying to argue here.

So when having a lol at pompey, if there is no stream then the radio is the next best.

'Twas me. :)

FFS you have problems Dude. Are you Trev or Walter....

Oh hang on you're Walter obviously. It all comes together now all those random posts...... Fringe Benefits .... How is Peter?

Oh and How is the Cow in the Lab at the Uni & can you get me a date with Agent Dunham (or her Doppleganger)

(It's OK FMDP would be proud of me)

I am also Homer on another forum, more importantly though, I am watching Poopey die. THAT is more fun than my constant name changing. I'm just loving it! :)

Its fun watching them wriggle on the hook: Neil Allen's increasingly desperate efforts to spin their death throes as somehow really good news are quite hysterically funny

Current Nutjob rankings. Only 81 more posts to go, and trousers hits the incredible 3000 mark (albeit including a few dodgy "..." s).

[TABLE=width: 259]

[TR]

[TD]Nutjob[/TD]

[TD]Posts[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trousers[/TD]

[TD]2,919[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]dubai_phil[/TD]

[TD]2,130[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]pedg[/TD]

[TD]2,020[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]OldNick[/TD]

[TD]1,546[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]rallyboy[/TD]

[TD]1,338[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gemmel[/TD]

[TD]1,236[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Channon's Sideburns[/TD]

[TD]1,236[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gingeletiss[/TD]

[TD]1,095[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]View From The Top[/TD]

[TD]1,037[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Current Nutjob rankings. Only 81 more posts to go, and trousers hits the incredible 3000 mark (albeit including a few dodgy "..." s).

[TR]

[TD]Nutjob[/TD]

[TD]Posts[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trousers[/TD]

[TD]2,919[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]dubai_phil[/TD]

[TD]2,130[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]pedg[/TD]

[TD]2,020[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]OldNick[/TD]

[TD]1,546[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]rallyboy[/TD]

[TD]1,338[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gemmel[/TD]

[TD]1,236[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1,236[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gingeletiss[/TD]

[TD]1,095[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1,037[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I know for a fact that we can't afford half those players. They will be a stone around our neck when the money from this forum goes tits up.

[TR]

[TD]Nutjob[/TD]

[TD]Posts[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trousers[/TD]

[TD]2,919[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]dubai_phil[/TD]

[TD]2,130[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]pedg[/TD]

[TD]2,020[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]OldNick[/TD]

[TD]1,546[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]rallyboy[/TD]

[TD]1,338[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gemmel[/TD]

[TD]1,236[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1,236[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gingeletiss[/TD]

[TD]1,095[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1,037[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

That's quite scary, Olympic proportions of time and dedication to the thread, but are we heading towards the finishing line?

@officialpompey: Michael Appleton praises #Pompey's super supporters after victory at Aldershot: http://t.co/qh4fTPzc

Michael Appleton paid tribute to Pompey’s fans for their phenomenal support at Aldershot.

The Blues outnumbered their hosts with a travelling army of more than 1,000, who watched Appleton’s side win 1-0 thanks to Izale McLeod’s seventh-minute goal.

Now Appleton wants to repay them by putting together a side to challenge for the top six in League One next season – despite a 10-point penalty.

But he warned he needs to the club’s future to be sorted quickly so he can sign players in readiness for the opening game of the season at Plymouth in the Capital One Cup in less than a fortnight.

Appleton fielded a side of trialists and academy players – plus Tal Ben Haim and Liam Lawrence, who need to leave for the club to survive.

Around 100 Blues fans stayed in the ground for more than half-an-hour after the final whistle and only left once their hero – Appleton – had walked across the pitch to applaud them.

The Blues boss said: “The fans here are unique. The atmosphere was incredible. You would never have thought it was a pre-season friendly.

“It was special. We had some fantastic away days at the back end of last season and this was just like that.

“They want to save the football club and they will be backing us right to the final whistle. Hopefully we can put a smile back on their faces. We’ve sold 7,000 season tickets despite the situation at the club, which is a testament to the support we’ve got here.

“The players have been very patient and you have to give credit to them. They are desperate to get a contract and impress me, and they have done so with their attitude both on and off the pitch.

“If we get the green light to sign players very soon, I think we can be competitive and, despite the 10-point penalty, push for the top six.

“But if we don’t then things could be very different. That’s the reality.

“Hopefully we can get things moving over the next few days. We need things to move very quickly because it’s only a fortnight until we play at Plymouth. In that time I need to put together a squad of 20 players.”

Edited by trousers

Will there be a special gold medal stamp issued when this thread finally finishes? First day covers with a Porstmouth post office stamping.

In the meantime note this: "It’s only a fortnight until we play at Plymouth. In that time I need to put together a squad of 20 players.” and snig ger.

“If we get the green light to sign players very soon, I think we can be competitive and, despite the 10-point penalty, push for the top six.

--------------------

Question: how is he going to pay for them, or is that unimportant?

--------------------

Question: how is he going to pay for them, or is that unimportant?

Money-shmoney. They are used to obtaining what they want on deferred terms, up-front cash 'payment' as such is for losers

Edited by Waterside.saint