Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

My money is on Neil explaining to us that Appleton was going with a 'development squad'. Now having played at Aldershot I can confirm it is neither built on a gravel pit or an amazing footballing surface - perhaps he will use this as his Goldilocks excuse.

I think I must of asked Neil a reasonable question as it appears he has now blocked me. I honestly havent even tried to wind him up!!!

I think Rosie has chewed up all the antiques in arry's pad, but Storrie would be good value.

Dickinson; Oh Peter I like this wooden Edwardian seat, can you tell me where it came from.

Storrie; Yes, it was one of the season ticket seats at fratton park, that they had to take out to get at the pipes with fat in

Dickinson; Oh I see, so how come you have it?

Storrie; It was a gift from the ice cream man - sorry I meant the sheikh for my outstandiing contribution to portsmouth football club.

Dickinson; I see, I see, well I'm sure it is worth at least 20 pounds

Storrie; 20 pounds, 20 pounds, it's worth at least 1 million

Dickinson; Really? What makes you think that?

Storrie; My 25 years footballing experience.

:lol:

@SW_Trains: Engineers have worked their magic and our failed train has been moved out of the way at Basingstoke. Train now in naughty siding

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with Pompey but it made me chuckle and felt compelled to share. Sorry for the interruption :-)

"The Hong Kong businessman, who owned the club in the 2010-2011 season, and his company Portpin are expected to agree a deal soon, ending months of uncertainty for supporters after the club went into administration in February for the second time in its history. He agreed a company voluntary arrangement last month to pay creditors two pence in the pound and is himself owed around £20m."

Here we go again....ADMIN1 & CVA1 airbrushed from the anuls of history in the sweep of an ignorant journalist's pen. It's not 2p in the pound FFS! It's 2p of 20p in the pound.

Jesus Christ. How much do these journos get paid to get things so wrong?

Edited by trousers

I'm working at a small organisation where we have two people as cleaning staff - one is born in London and is a Spurs fan, the other, I recently discovered, is a Scotsman following Hibs! We have some quite interesting discussions about similarities between Rangers (or "Sevco 5088 Ltd" as he insists on calling them ;)) and Pompey. He claims that most of the media in Scotland is in bed with either Celtic or Rangers and in true Neil Allenesque manner they have been protecting the club by sitting on the Rangers story for more than a year without breaking it - out of fear from losing their best customers... He also claims that one of the key people at SFA (can't remember the name) who will help decide the fate of Rangers, is a former Rangers executive taking part in the illegal slush fund. And when I meekly offered that Ally McCoist at least issued a public apology (as opposed to Appy) he nearly tore my head off - he pointed out that McCoist wants public access to the votes for expelling Rangers from the SPL, so that Rangers thugs can go on a Pompey-like media supported crusade against those who voted against them.

I think I managed to convince him that Pompey are worse than Sevco, but he refuses the idea that the SFA have been brave or resolute...

GM was out of order most likely, but he didn't know the background. It was a flippant remark and should be taken like that.

Burning books/deleting posts - an admitted deep hatred of jews/saints fans. I think the comparison was a fair one. Obviously a matter of degree, but I have a gut feel that if Bill Gillon had an army of stormtroopers, rather than internet posters professing to be Pompey fans till I die, he might be tempted to use them - or maybe getting his henchmen to release flying monkeys, instead.

By the way, I was banned for being a Saints fan, not for anything I posted. Nothing but polite and sympathetic posts, with over 23 likes!!!!

I was going to profile Bill and I felt one of his traits, that of a deep sense of bigotry towards opposing football supporters, could only have been developed by years of living in that cess pit of sectarian hate, Glasgow, where the Huns and Hoops have a genuine hatred for one another, along religious lines. A strange lot. He has obviously exported that quality south. It seems that he left any sense of humour north of the border. Possesses the charm of Gordon Brown, rather than Billy Connolly, although I doubt I'll ever get the chance to enjoy the pleasure of his company...it doesn't sound like he gets out a lot.

Burning books/deleting posts - an admitted deep hatred of jews/saints fans. I think the comparison was a fair one. Obviously a matter of degree, but I have a gut feel that if Bill Gillon had an army of stormtroopers, rather than internet posters professing to be Pompey fans till I die, he might be tempted to use them - or maybe getting his henchmen to release flying monkeys, instead.

By the way, I was banned for being a Saints fan, not for anything I posted. Nothing but polite and sympathetic posts, with over 23 likes!!!!

I was going to profile Bill and I felt one of his traits, that of a deep sense of bigotry towards opposing football supporters, could only have been developed by years of living in that cess pit of sectarian hate, Glasgow, where the Huns and Hoops have a genuine hatred for one another, along religious lines. A strange lot. He has obviously exported that quality south. It seems that he left any sense of humour north of the border. Possesses the charm of Gordon Brown, rather than Billy Connolly, although I doubt I'll ever get the chance to enjoy the pleasure of his company...it doesn't sound like he gets out a lot.

You are out of order. Not for the original remark, I have a dark sense of humour and I take it you did not know about his grandfather but once you did know and knew it upset him, to carry on with it is pretty low. Some things are bigger than football rivalry and family members dying in concentration camps definitely is. Regardless of your opinions of him as a person, the way he runs his board or the club he supports, you should have left it at that, not continued on here.

I particularly like the headline:

"Balram Chainrai close to securing rescue for Portsmouth"

As rescues go, it's hardly the stuff of dreams, is it? Like seeing a large St Bernard padding your way in the frozen Alps, only to find out that the barrel round its neck is filled with p1ss...

You are out of order. Not for the original remark, I have a dark sense of humour and I take it you did not know about his grandfather but once you did know and knew it upset him, to carry on with it is pretty low. Some things are bigger than football rivalry and family members dying in concentration camps definitely is. Regardless of your opinions of him as a person, the way he runs his board or the club he supports, you should have left it at that, not continued on here.

Give me a break. Almost everyone in the UK has family that were affected by the Second World War. My father was disabled while he fought with the Royal Hampshire Regiment in Italy, during that war. Others made far greater sacrifices than him and did so to give me the freedom to express an opinion, which is that the bigotry, hatred and censorship encouraged on the PoL site is similar to the traits shown by the Third Reich. I didn't accuse him of invading Poland, FFS. You obviously don't agree, but I wasn't out of order. The dictator on that site greatly exaggerated the effect of his grandfather's family's suffering on him, during a war that happened over 25 years before he was born, on his life. If it had affected him, he would demonstrate a tolerence that respected the suffering of his (very) distant relatives.

Give me a break. Almost everyone in the UK has family that were affected by the Second World War. My father was disabled while he fought with the Royal Hampshire Regiment in Italy, during that war. Others made far greater sacrifices than him and did so to give me the freedom to express an opinion, which is that the bigotry, hatred and censorship encouraged on the PoL site is similar to the traits shown by the Third Reich. I didn't accuse him of invading Poland, FFS. You obviously don't agree, but I wasn't out of order. The dictator on that site greatly exaggerated the effect of his grandfather's family's suffering on him, during a war that happened over 25 years before he was born, on his life. If it had affected him, he would demonstrate a tolerence that respected the suffering of his (very) distant relatives.

I see your point and agree to a point. It was a long time ago and had an effect on everyone. The other side of it is if it does up set him, it is not a subject to keep pushing. It should be left, whatever your opinions. There are plenty of other things to dig at him at, you should not continue with this angle to troll him.

If he was that bothered he'd delete every post that connects our owners with the Nazi regime. He doesn't and that makes him a hypocritical wan.ker.

And im sure he condemned saviour Halford when he wrote this on twitter in June, now removed of course and blamed on leaving his phone unattended.

@GregHalford15 said:

@PaulRoseMusic #hitlerhasaniphone hitlers gonna gas u if I don't get my money u Jew.

Both fair points, I would point this out to him but leave pushing him on this subject there. I did point out to him last night on twitter that Bob Beech had made similar comments. You can argue the hypocrisy as much as you like but I would stop making the comparisons between him and the third Reich. You don't want to model yourself on Greg Halford, Bob Beech and the idiots on his forum do you.

exactly

Yup, and it comes across as being way OTT this faux-outrage. As GM says, all families were affected to some degree or other. As Tokyo said, if he is upset, some things are best not to push. But overall he has double standards, but hey, it's his little fiefdom, so let him be king of it.

I guess it's for the same reason the gentle folk of London town used to go to Bethlem Royal Hospital to look at the inmates.

Then I guess we all have different reasons for having the views we do about Pompey, despite the fact that they're all sourced to a great extent in the same rivalry. Mine have to do with the hugely damaging consequences of the years of corruption at the club. I don't buy the 'six-fingered, caravan-dwelling' guff as applied to all Pompey supporters, just as I don't buy the argument that the club should be allowed to continue so as 'not to punish' the the fans. But I couldn't care less about what Pompey supporters say on their own site.

Just my opinion, and I know it's a minority one.

Then I guess we all have different reasons for having the views we do about Pompey, despite the fact that they're all sourced to a great extent in the same rivalry. Mine have to do with the hugely damaging consequences of the years of corruption at the club. I don't buy the 'six-fingered, caravan-dwelling' guff as applied to all Pompey supporters, just as I don't buy the argument that the club should be allowed to continue so as 'not to punish' the the fans. But I couldn't care less about what Pompey supporters say on their own site.

Just my opinion, and I know it's a minority one.

I don't go over to POL either but I do rather enjoy some healthy baiting on twitter as well as developing some rather useful relationships with some rather sensible skates & with some PST folk.

The football league did not want us to be liquidated. Not that we were in any danger of being liquidated at any point.

They may not have wanted us liquidated, but they did not show very much concern. If Markus and Nicola hadn't saved us, what would have happened? I don't think anyone can prove that we wouldn't have gone under. Especially as we tried to play by the rules, unlike the DFCSBs.

There is enough to laugh about Portsmouth Football Club (well what's left of it) without having to take out civilians. Neil Allen however is a declared military communications target.

BUUUUULLLL Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Sorry but no. According to that edict from (no less than a Mod) it is the start of a slippery slope. Look this is 2012, NOT 1945.

In modern warfare ANY Civilian can be delivering an IED, or have a Kalashnikov hidden behind a sofa.

The fact that so many "alleged" Civilians stick their head above the parapets, how do you draw the line?

Surely if we ban attacks on some we have to ban attacks on all.

So you are now saying that anyone who attacked a Civilian in an "improper" way could be wrong?

So anyone who may have used a word that stated that corpy was anything other than Intellectually challenged could be deemed to having attacked a Civilian?

What is acceptable abuse? Mods not liking comparisons to a Nazi Propaganda machine? Isn't that a bit Totalitarian? Should we balance that up and ban people who say Neil Allen works for Pravda?

Slippery slope, very slippery slope.

Look. All us regulars know GM is an opinionated cock of the first order. He is however OUR opinionated cock (in the same way NC is OUR Evil Genius) as long as his words on this forum don't breach the rules of the forum or (in worst case) UK law, then he is as much entitled to be a cock as Alps is on a match day thread when we are losing.

Should I be banned for being a devout dribbleist? Trousers for being a devout addict? OldNick for spending 3 years NOT toeing the party line? What next? Demanding Rallyboy obtains a Poetic Licence?

No.

IF someone sticks their head above the target they are (in the words of MI4 - a potential Terrorist - that makes them a Terrorist (according to the US) and that means can use every (legal) weapon in our armoury. (all praise MI4 and it's time in Dubai)

(Let's face it. No SANE skate sticks their head up any longer, they are all trying to hide theirs in shame)

C'mon gang full salvo all weapons, range 27 miles bearing 045 - FIRE AT WILL

(and pompeyscot)

:hunt:

They may not have wanted us liquidated, but they did not show very much concern. If Markus and Nicola hadn't saved us, what would have happened? I don't think anyone can prove that we wouldn't have gone under. Especially as we tried to play by the rules, unlike the DFCSBs.

Pah would never have happened. We always had LLS in reserve..........................

Oh

BUUUUULLLL Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Sorry but no. According to that edict from (no less than a Mod) it is the start of a slippery slope. Look this is 2012, NOT 1945.

In modern warfare ANY Civilian can be delivering an IED, or have a Kalashnikov hidden behind a sofa.

The fact that so many "alleged" Civilians stick their head above the parapets, how do you draw the line?

Surely if we ban attacks on some we have to ban attacks on all.

So you are now saying that anyone who attacked a Civilian in an "improper" way could be wrong?

So anyone who may have used a word that stated that corpy was anything other than Intellectually challenged could be deemed to having attacked a Civilian?

What is acceptable abuse? Mods not liking comparisons to a Nazi Propaganda machine? Isn't that a bit Totalitarian? Should we balance that up and ban people who say Neil Allen works for Pravda?

Slippery slope, very slippery slope.

Look. All us regulars know GM is an opinionated cock of the first order. He is however OUR opinionated cock (in the same way NC is OUR Evil Genius) as long as his words on this forum don't breach the rules of the forum or (in worst case) UK law, then he is as much entitled to be a cock as Alps is on a match day thread when we are losing.

Should I be banned for being a devout dribbleist? Trousers for being a devout addict? OldNick for spending 3 years NOT toeing the party line? What next? Demanding Rallyboy obtains a Poetic Licence?

No.

IF someone sticks their head above the target they are (in the words of MI4 - a potential Terrorist - that makes them a Terrorist (according to the US) and that means can use every (legal) weapon in our armoury. (all praise MI4 and it's time in Dubai)

(Let's face it. No SANE skate sticks their head up any longer, they are all trying to hide theirs in shame)

C'mon gang full salvo all weapons, range 27 miles bearing 045 - FIRE AT WILL

(and pompeyscot)

:hunt:

It was my opinion as a poster, not as a Moderator on this forum.

My point is that guys like Pompey Scot, Mick Williams and Colin Farmery are trying to save their club - hardly the biggest crime. Sure, they may have cheered Kanu becoming the first 40 year old to score in a cup final, but in the general scheme of things I have no quarrel with them in comparison to the owners and general knuckle draggers.

I don't go over to POL either but I do rather enjoy some healthy baiting on twitter as well as developing some rather useful relationships with some rather sensible skates & with some PST folk.

I signed up to POL ages ago, on the naive basis that I might find out more about their ownership situation. I was wrong. They are so paranoid on there that they jump on any poster that dos not follow the party line that the Trust will be their saviour, and all other discussion is strangled. Presumably as a result, there are remarkably few regular posters, all from an inner clique and often they are reduced to quoting the News stories.

It was my opinion as a poster, not as a Moderator on this forum.

My point is that guys like Pompey Scot, Mick Williams and Colin Farmery are trying to save their club - hardly the biggest crime. Sure, they may have cheered Kanu becoming the first 40 year old to score in a cup final, but in the general scheme of things I have no quarrel with them in comparison to the owners and general knuckle draggers.

Williams is very quick to start the old "pony fiddling scumma" boll.ocks when challenged regarding the PST bid. Colin is far more balanced.

Edited by View From The Top

Williams is very quick to start the old "pony fiddling scumma" boll.ocks when challenged regarding the PST bid. Colin is far more balanced.

Yes Colin Farmery seems basically ok, but he is not really part of the POL lot is he? He runs another PFC message board. (Though god knows how he finds time to run his site as well as being a college vice principal.)

Yes Colin Farmery seems basically ok, but he is not really part of the POL lot is he? He runs another PFC message board. (Though god knows how he finds time to run his site as well as being a college vice principal.)

And he hasn't stuck his head up by losing the plot on a forum

I have sympathy for him and many others including some very good mates back home that I played cricket with for almost 25 years

@officialpompey: Nice words from Dean Holdsworth on Aldershot website: http://t.co/IPqYi2Xm #pompey

"The EBB Stadium hosts a passionate Hampshire derby this Wednesday night, as Aldershot Town face Portsmouth in a prestigious pre-season friendly."

Have the Oxford English Dictionary changed the meaning of the word 'prestigious' whilst nobody was looking...?

"Dean Holdsworth speaks for every football fan in wishing the club a speedy recovery."

Oh, and the word "every".

Holdsworth: "I don’t want it to be the end of Portsmouth FC, I sincerely hope that they get themselves together and sort out their problems. It’s a fantastic football club and they’ve got fantastic fans. They’ve had the utmost trouble but I hope they bounce back."

Edited by trousers

@officialpompey: Nice words from Dean Holdsworth on Aldershot website: http://t.co/IPqYi2Xm #pompey

"The EBB Stadium hosts a passionate Hampshire derby this Wednesday night, as Aldershot Town face Portsmouth in a prestigious pre-season friendly."

Have the Oxford English Dictionary changed the meaning of the word 'prestigious' whilst nobody was looking...?

"Dean Holdsworth speaks for every football fan in wishing the club a speedy recovery."

Holdsworth: "I don’t want it to be the end of Portsmouth FC, I sincerely hope that they get themselves together and sort out their problems. It’s a fantastic football club and they’ve got fantastic fans. They’ve had the utmost trouble but I hope they bounce back."

Prestigious? Never.

The skates have simply found their level.

Probably only said all that carp in the hope that the smelly ones don't try and wreck Aldershots stadium.

Being an ex-pat GM will Hate me saying this but I actually agree with him about that "person" on POL.

(Oops silly me I bet GM doesn't read what ex-pats write :lol: )

As DP said a lot of families were made very unhappy during the World Wars and again as I said yesterday

I am sick sorry and tired about having the holocaust rammed down my throat as much as it is.

Being an ex-pat GM will Hate me saying this but I actually agree with him about that "person" on POL.

(Oops silly me I bet GM doesn't read what ex-pats write :lol: )

As DP said a lot of families were made very unhappy during the World Wars and again as I said yesterday

I am sick sorry and tired about having the holocaust rammed down my throat as much as it is.

Can I respectfully suggest that your bucket list of places to visit include (a) Auschwitz and/or (b) Yad Vashem in Jerusalem.

A trip to either of those will reveal to you why the Holocaust should and will never be forgotten, whether you are Jewish or not.

Why would I want to visit a place dedicated to a horrible event that I am fed up with hearing about.?

Throughout history men have done nasty things to others in war as well as without war being declared.

I am really peed off with Israel claiming that their sad loss is the most important and no one elses

is anywhere as near as being so bad and that as a victim they are more of a victim than anybody else.

They themselves are nothing like as innocent as they try to claim, they even attack their own allies.

Israel bombed a U.S. ship in the Med killing several crew even though that ship was well marked as a U.S.ship

and they had the nerve to say they thought it was Egyptian.

I better shut up now or else I will get really into my stride. I USED to have every sympathy with Israel but

the older and wiser I have become my attitude has been radically changed by facts.

To keep it on topic I used to have a soft spot for Portsmouth FC but now.........

Hark...the sound of stable doors slamming shut down Pompey way...

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/halford-wants-ownership-rule-changes-1-4113818

"Halford, who made 77 appearances and scored 12 goals during his time at Fratton Park, remains angry over how the club have come full circle in two years.

And he wants the fit and proper persons’ test tightened to avoid more clubs running into such grave financial problems.

He said: ‘I think the Football League and the Premier League need to maybe have a look at their test. It needs to be done properly to avoid teams like Pompey being put into jeopardy.

‘You look back and they have given the go-ahead to some owners that pretty much have turned out to be ghosts.

‘You would like to think everyone can learn from these mistakes and it never happens again – but it always seems to.

‘The ownership system needs to be looked at. These people have to be put under the microscope more."

:facepalm:

Greg! No, no and thrice no! What needs to be tightened up is Pompey's OWN due diligence process.

Would you buy a second hand car based purely on an MoT certificate? No, of course you wouldn't you daft buffoon. You'd do some research on its history yourself or get an independent 3rd party to do it for you.

FFS....when will these clowns get it?

Edited by trousers

Greg Halford offering business advice?

A man who can't trap a bag of cement in his own discipline shouldn't drift out of his comfort zone.

Tomorrow, Dave Kitson explains how the development of the scatter cushion revolutionised caravaning.

Meanwhile I'm off to see Wiggins win us a gold, so keep prodding them while I'm out.