Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

We don't know, but that doesn't mean that both his agent and the PFA are giving him no advice.

I guess the DFCSBs cheating antics which have left them potentially holding a £20 odd million baby has forced them to turn on their own members...

Its utterly unbelievable.

502913625.jpg

I think I have met the fat skate smurf second from right, absolute delusion from that moron... your typical skate in fact.

Seeing as everyone wants to jam this jumbo thread with war nostalgia, heres my attempt...

Never Forget

article-1243828-07E2FA25000005DC-436_964x447.jpg

We don't know, but that doesn't mean that both his agent and the PFA are giving him no advice.

I guess the DFCSBs cheating antics which have left them potentially holding a £20 odd million baby has forced them to turn on their own members...

Its utterly unbelievable.

502913625.jpg

I think I have met the fat skate smurf second from right, absolute delusion from that moron... your typical skate in fact.

Seeing as everyone wants to jam this jumbo thread with war nostalgia, heres my attempt...

Never Forget

Whilst the title and article are full of the usual skate nonsence, the comments from around the country make me smile! There is not much sympathy out there anymore. http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1149-july-2012/8892-portsmouth-s-points-deduction-is-unfair

Love this one.

Comment on Yesterday 17:15 by Sean of the Shed #696536

segedunum wrote:

Remind me which big banks plc have been punished for selling fraudulent products ? Or anyone being charged for that matter. When you punish a club, the only ones who suffer are fans. The real villains are long gone.

Pretty much all of those fans are quite happy to go along for the ride, gurning and cheering and ringing their ****ing bell at their ridiculously overpaid players that they know are way out of their price range. If they were a bit more vocal then, instead of when it all inevitably turns sour, then I might be a bit more inclined to feel some sympathy for them

talk of war and that image of the land makes me think of the Versailles Treaty, the Polish corridor, Rhineland, Alsace and Lorraine. The Football League's restrictions might represent the military restrictions imposed on Germany. Not sure which of the owners takes the mantel of Wilhelm II, nor when reparations will ever start.

Genuine loud cackling laughter time; fortunately I'd already swallowed my last bit of tea. Which reminds me.. Wilkinsons are doing spare plug and play USB keyboards at £5.30: you wouldn't want to type a book with it, but it's fine for this post. Quite a useful precautionary tool for when reading this thread although I got mine as laptop was playing up.

Saw this tweet last night:

Tim Nobbs ‏@TimNobbs12

were in debt, get grief about it and get unfair treatment yet, man utd are in 700m of debt and nobody bats an eyelid :/ #howironic :lol:

Made me laugh. Can someone really be that stupid?.. or am I being "unfair".

Saw this tweet last night:

Tim Nobbs ‏@TimNobbs12

were in debt, get grief about it and get unfair treatment yet, man utd are in 700m of debt and nobody bats an eyelid :/ #howironic :lol:

Made me laugh. Can someone really be that stupid?.. or am I being "unfair".

The name says it all....

@pn_neil_allen: The Trust have called press conference tomorrow to reveal their full bid details and prospective #Pompey chairman. Interesting development.

Birch for Chairman.....? Perhaps....?

Edited by trousers

@pn_neil_allen: The Trust have called press conference tomorrow to reveal their full bid details and prospective #Pompey chairman. Interesting development.

Birch for Chairman.....? Perhaps....?

Ok sweepstake time, I am going for Marc Jackson, supported by Briefcase Barry.

What does "talking sensible" mean ?

Kitson is conceeding ground ?

I agree, what is Taylor doing to protect this man ?

Reminds me of Blackadder's manservant Bob- can you imagine the conversation:

KITSON: Trevor, I must speak. I can be silent no longer. All day long you

muttered to yourself, gibbered, dribbled, moaned and beat your head

against the wall, yelling "I want to die". Now you may say I'm

leaping to conclusions but you're not *completely* happy, are you?

It's Chinny, isn't it?

BIRCH: No, it is not.

KITSON: You're brooding over the terms of his offer, aren't you?

BIRCH: Kitson, for the final time, Chinny’s not going to pay you off. He wants you to walk away like the other mugs, I mean legends.

KITSON: Dear Trevor, I know you only say such things to comfort me.

BIRCH: Chinny wants his money back and he’s going to buy the club. It is not he I brood over. I'm sad because, my dear, our poverty has now

reached such extremes that I can no longer afford to keep us. I must

look to my own dear tiny darling to sustain me in my frail dotage.

KITSON: But Trevor, surely...

BIRCH: Yes Kitson, I want you to become a prostitute.

KITSON: Trevor!

BIRCH: Do you defy me?

KITSON: But indeed, I do. For it is better to die poor than to live in shame

and ignominy.

BIRCH: No, it isn't.

KITSON: I'm young and strong and clever. My nose is pretty. I shall find

another way to earn us a living.

BIRCH: Oh, please... sell your body to sailors. It is a steady job and you'd be

working from home.

KITSON: Goodbye Trevor. I shall go to London, disguise my self as a rent boy and seek my fortune!

BIRCH: But why go all the way to London when you can make a fortune lying

on your back?

Edited by Waterside.saint

Storrie? Redknapp? Uncle Tom Cobbley?

With the possible exception of marc Jackson, to hear Storries name mentioned in ANY capacity, will make me wee myself wherever I happen to be. I don't think even this thread could be so kind.

Surely the Trust's bid is now irrelevant unless Chainrai pulls out?

Chainrai's bid has been accepted by creditors (who have had the 28 day cooling off period to change their mind) and therefore the only way for the Chainrai bid to fail is if Chainrai decides that his conditions on releasing players have not been met (or else the FAPPT rejects him, but i can't see that happening).

Surely the Trust's bid is now irrelevant unless Chainrai pulls out?

Chainrai's bid has been accepted by creditors (who have had the 28 day cooling off period to change their mind) and therefore the only way for the Chainrai bid to fail is if Chainrai decides that his conditions on releasing players have not been met (or else the FAPPT rejects him, but i can't see that happening).

From what I understand as long as the trust bid matches that of chainrai's it can be also considered and I do not think there has to be another vote

From what I understand as long as the trust bid matches that of chainrai's it can be also considered and I do not think there has to be another vote

Assuming it matches Chainrai's bid, don't the creditors get to express a preference on which bid they trust the most to fulfil its obligation?

Having two matching 'offers' to creditors is one thing...the desire and/or capability of honouring said offer is another thing..,(as previous Pompey creditors know full well...)

Assuming it matches Chainrai's bid, don't the creditors get to express a preference on which bid they trust the most to fulfil its obligation?

Having two matching 'offers' to creditors is one thing...the desire and/or capability of honouring said offer is another thing..,(as previous Pompey creditors know full well...)

Pretty sure it's down to birch if the bids match or the trusts is greater which one he thinks represents the best value and return

Agree... without that test, you could pull any manner of stunts swapping one bidder for another and creditors not getting to change their vote...

Pretty sure it's down to birch if the bids match or the trusts is greater which one he thinks represents the best value and return

So, the people who got shafted for c.£130m don't get to pick who they think is most likely to pay back the measly 2p of 20p in the £1?

No surprises there then...

I suppose it doesn't matter who takes over especially when the figures they'll get back, if at all, are next to nothing anyway.

Genuine loud cackling laughter time; fortunately I'd already swallowed my last bit of tea. Which reminds me.. Wilkinsons are doing spare plug and play USB keyboards at £5.30: you wouldn't want to type a book with it, but it's fine for this post. Quite a useful precautionary tool for when reading this thread although I got mine as laptop was playing up.

I'm sorry but surely people must have learnt by now never to eat or drink while reading this thread. There are so many moments that can risk a keyboard, laptop etc each and every day.

Edited by Doctoroncall
Big fingers

@bigadamsport: RT @solentsport: #Pompey team bus has just arrived at Aldershot. Liam Lawrence was on it & set to play, Dave Kitson & Tal Ben Haim also both here

So the worst thing that could happen is for Lawrence, kitson and tbh to pick up serious injuries preventing their sales :suspicious:

@solentsport: #Pompey fans booing Ben Haim, singing a song along the lines of "you're greedy, get out of our club", but with different words ....

Tune in next week after he's departed whereby he'll have hero status....

That will make him sympathetic to their cause :facepalm:

What did they say?

They were saying the latest points deduction was unjust. I tweeted them...

"unjust? The points deduction was for diluting a failed CVA with new CVA. Amounts to the same as not agreeing CVA in 1st place!"

Mark Mudie then said on air I was wrong and that the 2010 creditors did agree to the latest CVA. Which as we all know here that is nonsense. He then made some comment about me listening to them because I was unhappy about the large ticket prices at Saints.

They were saying the latest points deduction was unjust. I tweeted them...

"unjust? The points deduction was for diluting a failed CVA with new CVA. Amounts to the same as not agreeing CVA in 1st place!"

Mark Mudie then said on air I was wrong and that the 2010 creditors did agree to the latest CVA. Which as we all know here that is nonsense. He then made some comment about me listening to them because I was unhappy about the large ticket prices at Saints.

Even if for one make-believe moment Mudie was right about the 2010 creditors, is he saying he's happy that effectively writing off a CVA shouldn't attract any kind of punishment whatsoever? Whether they 'approved' to have their money wiped out or not is a moot point. It happened. Full stop.The man sounds like a clown.