Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Have to agree with that.

They have gone home for the evening now which means no more negotiations tonight.

So tomorrow they will play a very very dangerous game. Either spend the 2hrs before the case trying to broker a deal. And if succesful they survive, if it fails they go into the court case having not prepared for it and thus get ripped apart.

or

With the 2hrs left file for admin and pray it is accepted.

Think it is 99.999999% likely they will enter admin tomorrow morning.

So is there anyway that at some point tomorrow PFC will be no more and sats match will be canx?

If Portsmouth go to the HMRC case at 11.30 without a deal in place the judge could order them to be wound up. Which means they go into liquidation, meaning they are no more.

So is there anyway that at some point tomorrow PFC will be no more and sats match will be canx?

If the club is put immeadiately into liquidation the game wouldn't go ahead.

As Pompey haven't yet gone into Admin, and they haven't yet brokered a deal with HMRC, the likelihood that the game on Saturday will be cancelled has increased. However I still think it is about 90% likely to go ahead.

Have to agree with that.

They have gone home for the evening now which means no more negotiations tonight.

So tomorrow they will play a very very dangerous game. Either spend the 2hrs before the case trying to broker a deal. And if succesful they survive, if it fails they go into the court case having not prepared for it and thus get ripped apart.

or

With the 2hrs left file for admin and pray it is accepted.

Think it is 99.999999% likely they will enter admin tomorrow morning.

It is all about negotiation tomorrow. Both sides will form a position overnight and negotiations will commence again at the court door tomorrow.

I have only once done a deal at the court door and only because a senior high court judge had hinted he preferred the other sides evidence. They wanted £2.4m I had paid in £300,000. Negotiated at £980,000 even sending a note to the judge at the time of the hearing to stay in his chambers as a deal was likely. He simply approved the order we drew up later in the morning.

Never liked court door negotiation because most of the costs incurred by then but it has it's place. Would not like to be the PFC barrister tomorrow though :)

It is still there on the high court website. Possibly just not been updated, but also the BBC could be wrong.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Pompey-Talks-with-HMRC-are.6056538.jp

"The News understands that even if a deal is agreed tonight between Pompey and HMRC, the High Court hearing will go ahead as a formality - even if it is to close the case."

Guess it would be the same for Grosvenor Basingstoke.

If they won't reach an agreement, put the club into admin. They won't get a penny. Money grabbing bully boys. HMRC.....foxtrot oscar back to the hole u cam from!.

Er, I'm sorry.... who is in the wrong here?

How stupid can people be. You owe the money, dickheads...

Spare a moment's thought for Chester City.

According to the beeb their game tonight has been called off because the Chester players refused to get on the team bus as they'd only received 1 week's pay in the last 3 months.

Yep. Only 9 players were prepared to play, and they had to forfeit for being unable to play the match.

http://www.devachat.com/index.php?showtopic=61363

Er, I'm sorry.... who is in the wrong here?

How stupid can people be. You owe the money, dickheads...

if it meant that Pompey not paying the HMRC that his and sister the mother to his children was not going to get her dole and credits he'd think differently.

If Portsmouth go to the HMRC case at 11.30 without a deal in place the judge could order them to be wound up. Which means they go into liquidation, meaning they are no more.

I so hope this comes to pass. I'll be grinning from ear to ear for weeks.

I've got the skate game live on the satellite here. They've just come out, so they are still in business at the moment (or if they aren't, Storrie hasn't told Avram yet).

Kenwyne's in the Sunderland side. Hat-trick?

They found 50p to pay for the electricity for the floodlights then?

Edited by pedg

I've got the skate game live on the satellite here. They've just come out, so they are still in business at the moment (or if they aren't, Storrie hasn't told Avram yet).

Kenwyne's in the Sunderland side. Hat-trick?

Packed ground is it - seeing as they have greatest supporters in the world, I'm guessing they are all there to vive as much support as possible!

It is all about negotiation tomorrow. Both sides will form a position overnight and negotiations will commence again at the court door tomorrow.

I have only once done a deal at the court door and only because a senior high court judge had hinted he preferred the other sides evidence. They wanted £2.4m I had paid in £300,000. Negotiated at £980,000 even sending a note to the judge at the time of the hearing to stay in his chambers as a deal was likely. He simply approved the order we drew up later in the morning.

Never liked court door negotiation because most of the costs incurred by then but it has it's place. Would not like to be the PFC barrister tomorrow though :)

I once had a similar experience. I had taken a company to court for £10K they owed me. They blagged and blagged, hired a barrister who attempted to head me off at the pass (the court door) with a £3K offer. I nearly bottled it but held firm. Got my £10K. Not nice though.

Reading in one of the papers(the guardian I think) today that poopey employ 600 people and are the 2nd largest employer in the city - I don't whats more astonishing poopey employing 600 people, or that they are the 2nd biggest employer in the city ( I conclude MoD must be the largest)

Reading in one of the papers(the guardian I think) today that poopey employ 600 people and are the 2nd largest employer in the city - I don't whats more astonishing poopey employing 600 people, or that they are the 2nd biggest employer in the city ( I conclude MoD must be the largest)

The hospital employs 7,000 and goodness knows how many the council employs :D

Packed ground is it - seeing as they have greatest supporters in the world, I'm guessing they are all there to vive as much support as possible!

Well they're 1 down already. Not Big Ken though. But we're winning which will cheer them up no end as if they go out of business I guess they will probably start supporting us on mass, being their local club :grin:

Sounds like Pompy are clueless against a poor Sunderland side, they are diving/jumping at anything and the crowd are near silent.

Even Avram's run on the pitch to complain to the ref just before the end of the half, and as the half time whistle went....

Having to put up with Jackie Oakley and Steve Claridge on 5Live Extra commentary.

--Edit

In a mo they are having an interview with Neil Allen from the Pompy local rag.

Edited by gaz

Neil Allen:

''match v Sunderland - should have been a penalty, baffling decisions from the ref, sent off the wrong player until guilty one admitted it''

''winding up order - club still confident of getting it overturned but are still in talks....Storrie and Jacob at the match tonight. Nothing sorted out, everyone waiting and nobody knows anything apart from those two and HMRC. Club owes £5m and have offered £1.8m plus installments guarenteed against future investment, and have to try and convince HMRC that someone s coming along to pay up.

Vibrant club with fantastic supporters, tremendous supporters and will be a queue of buyers if they go into admin despite the ground/training facilities. Chanrai/Gaydamek don't want admin and are trying v.hard to sell. If club gets stay of execution from HMRC, they'll go into admin straight away but will come out fine, local businesses won't be though and some will not survive. Fans resigned to admin and relegation. Fans hate all the people connected over the past few years, can't point blame finger at any one person and don't know where the money went''

Paraphrased, of course.

And Avram is sent to the stand for the second half.

Neil Allen:

''match v Sunderland - should have been a penalty, baffling decisions from the ref, sent off the wrong player until guilty one admitted it''

''winding up order - club still confident of getting it overturned but are still in talks....Storrie and Jacob at the match tonight. Nothing sorted out, everyone waiting and nobody knows anything apart from those two and HMRC. Club owes £5m and have offered £1.8m plus installments guarenteed against future investment, and have to try and convince HMRC that someone s coming along to pay up.

Vibrant club with fantastic supporters, tremendous supporters and will be a queue of buyers if they go into admin despite the ground/training facilities. Chanrai/Gaydamek don't want admin and are trying v.hard to sell. If club gets stay of execution from HMRC, they'll go into admin straight away but will come out fine, local businesses won't be though and some will not survive. Fans resigned to admin and relegation. Fans hate all the people connected over the past few years, can't point blame finger at any one person and don't know where the money went''

Paraphrased, of course.

And Avram is sent to the stand for the second half.

You'd think Storrie and Jacobs would be holed up in London preparing wouldn't you?

Oh, this is Pompey. One last chance to large it up in front of a paltry crowd I guess.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})