Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

2 Serious offers to buy the club - They will still get out of this!

HMRC claim Pompey are insolvent!

How do we know they are 'serious'? Because Peter 'We have not received a WUO, the transfer ban will be lifted yesterday, we will have very good news by last year at the latest' Storrie says so?

According to newsfeed

[Comment From Terry Terry : ]

The Time are reporting - "Portsmouth, HM Revenue & Customs and their briefs suddenly exited for a discussion in the ante-room. It sounded as if a 28-day adjournment was being agreed for when the case comes up "2nd time around" - ie at the end of this session rather than at the beginning of the 2pm shift

Taken from this feed

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7021629.ece

So your prediction of 99.99999999999% they will go into admin today is a bit out ;)

Indeed, it just goes to show how quick these things can change.

Right now lots of people saying lots of different things so with each new bit you have to say the outlook changes.

Like The Times said they were in a negotiating room agreeing on an ajournment deal. At that point you would say the 28 days looked likely.

But now reports saying court case has resumed and HMRC have said they are insolvent etc..

Pretty much i think nobody has a clue what is going on and those claiming to be in the court room i.e the news are probably not.

I think if they get the 28 days they have blagged it. I think it would be wrong but this is the law and they always say no case is the same as another.

12:52

Matthew:

Sky Sport are reporting Pompey have said there have been two serious offers for the club and pay off the debts.

Wednesday February 10, 2010 12:52 Matthew

12:53

Matthew:

HMRC have said the club is insolvent

Wednesday February 10, 2010 12:53 Matthew

12:53

Matthew:

Neither of these statements have been confirmed by our reporters at the court.

WTF does this mean:

Originally Posted by bristolsaint29 viewpost.gif

According to newsfeed

[Comment From Terry Terry : ]

The Time are reporting - "Portsmouth, HM Revenue & Customs and their briefs suddenly exited for a discussion in the ante-room. It sounded as if a 28-day adjournment was being agreed for when the case comes up "2nd time around" - ie at the end of this session rather than at the beginning of the 2pm shift

No point posting his comments if he's watching SSN like everyone else.

the NEWS state that their journalists have no confirmed either of these two statements. I wonder if the NEWS's reporters are struggling with the old predictive texting

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})