...and Hants win the FP Trophy!

eelpie

Great day for all Saints fans at Lords!

So where would you have rather been? At Lords or at St Mary's today!

Even though I'm 'Ampshire born and bred, I would have rather been at St. Mary's. Football (and Saints) comes waaayyyy before cricket any day of the week.

Think Saints can learn from Hampshire. Several times today they said how Warn made them tougher and more competative. Use to be Happy Hampshre but now a lean machine. Really hope Pardew can do the same for us. We really need to get that killer instinct!!

Hear, hear! Warne made a huge difference to Hampshire's attitude - let's hope AP can do the same to the footballers.

Just got back from a fantastic day at Lords, we outplayed them in every department.

Was brilliant keeping in touch with SMS and hearing us going 1 up 2 up and win 3-0,

Loads of Saints and Skates intermingled....shame about the Sussex(Brighton fans) numpties throwing bottles and glasses on the way back to the tube...poor losers.

Even though I'm 'Ampshire born and bred, I would have rather been at St. Mary's. Football (and Saints) comes waaayyyy before cricket any day of the week.

Yep, Football (albeit a meaningless friendly) is far more exciting than that past time called cricket. I watched what i could but it's always Saints first for me.

Yep, Football (albeit a meaningless friendly) is far more exciting than that past time called cricket. I watched what i could but it's always Saints first for me.

Well as the friendly was announced way after we got to he final many of us had already arranged our tickets etc. so were not going to waste the chance of watching our cricket team to watch a meaningless friendly.

Each to their own of course but Hants produced more excitement today than Saints have in years ! But I would certainly say that Cricket is every bit a sport as Football so not sure why the reference to it being a pastime.

Got back an hour ago. Awesome day out. Seemed to be more Saints than Skates at Lords plus Band played OWTS during lunch break.

Bloody sun burnt now though :-(

Yep, I got burnt sitting in the top level of the Edrich stand. Good friendly banter between us and the skates but never any whiff of trouble. Great performance by Hants, Sussex packed their side full of batters but that left a dreadful bowling attack bar Kirtley and Arafat so Sussex needed 300 bare minimum to have any chance of winning and 325-350+ to be in the box seat. Cork, Dimi and Tremlett were superb - Tremlett should be included as cover for Thursday as he would cause the Australians problems, Sussex got hit quite a few times and he was very hard to score off. The fielding was tremendous and the effort was summed up by Ervine hitting the boundary boards.

Didn't see any trouble from the Sussex fans walking back towards Baker St but a number of their lads were very well oiled and the potential was there after a poor Sussex performance.

Will they parade the trophy around St Marys like they did a couple of years ago? That would be nice.

I remember the chanting of "Two teams in Hampshire...... there's only two teams in Hampshire"

Brill! And then next May we can parade the League 1 Championship trophy round The Rose Bowl!

Yep, I got burnt sitting in the top level of the Edrich stand. Good friendly banter between us and the skates but never any whiff of trouble. Great performance by Hants, Sussex packed their side full of batters but that left a dreadful bowling attack bar Kirtley and Arafat so Sussex needed 300 bare minimum to have any chance of winning and 325-350+ to be in the box seat. Cork, Dimi and Tremlett were superb - Tremlett should be included as cover for Thursday as he would cause the Australians problems, Sussex got hit quite a few times and he was very hard to score off. The fielding was tremendous and the effort was summed up by Ervine hitting the boundary boards.

Didn't see any trouble from the Sussex fans walking back towards Baker St but a number of their lads were very well oiled and the potential was there after a poor Sussex performance.

I was sat there aswell, and i am burned to crisp, mainly down my left side which is nice.....

Loved the banter and chanting we got going towards the end though, i LOL'd but didnt approve of the bloke behind me launching a bit of fruit at the steward (who were being pain in the asses all day)

Would go again without doubt, there was always a chance of it turning and kicking off IMO, especially down at the Champagne bar near the nursery ground

and banter with the blue few....if so, how did it go...was that all left behind for a day..?

Was there a cheer when OWTSGMI was played by the band

No pompey near where i was sat, thankfully. Quite a few sang OWTSGMI when it was played by the band, and it was quality.

Not so many joined my 'i asked my mother, what should i be.....' chants though

No pompey near where i was sat, thankfully. Quite a few sang OWTSGMI when it was played by the band, and it was quality.

Not so many joined my 'i asked my mother, what should i be.....' chants though

lol

more saints there then.....then I suppose Hampshire have a bigger following from southampton considering the Rose bowl is in the better half of hants

Well as the friendly was announced way after we got to he final many of us had already arranged our tickets etc. so were not going to waste the chance of watching our cricket team to watch a meaningless friendly.

Each to their own of course but Hants produced more excitement today than Saints have in years ! But I would certainly say that Cricket is every bit a sport as Football so not sure why the reference to it being a pastime.

After the game I went fishing and look what I caught!

Sorry lads. In all seriousness if it floats your boat then fine. Cricket doesn't really do much for me but fair play to everyone there - it sounds like you had a good time.

Yes, we got the message 1st time thanks ;)

I was countering Stevo's accusation that just because I hate cricket, that I must be narrow-minded, or indeed female. :rolleyes: As this is a football forum, let anybody who wishes to discuss cricket go into the lounge, or a cricket forum.

well I'm happy to combine the two, proud to see Hampshire win at Lords and I came home with red and white legs.

My mate was in his Saints shirt, only got abuse a couple of times but while they were up there giving him stick their sisters must have been enjoying a day of not being 'bothered' back home in the caravan.

Who the hell's interested in cricket? I'd rather watch paint dry. I couldn't care less whether it was a choice between Hampshire playing West Indies or Saints playing Bognor Regis; I'd be there watching the football.

Each to their own. I've been a massive Saints and Hampshire fan for 30 years but football was always more important to me than the cricket.

Have to say that view has changed as football has changed over the years and can now honestly say it's the other way round.