jan p

Oz

IF JP were to go, I suspect that Wilde and Lowe will start on each other again, Flaky Mike will go cap-in-hand to Crouchie, and the whole shiit will start over again.

Suffice to say, Lowe's position is particularly untenable if JP goes.

Therefore, I think he will stay.

I feel sorry for him. He's doing the job for next-to-nothing, and he has no resources.

he should go and he should go NOW! and take lowe and wilde with him!

Errr I think you'll find that Lowe is Jan's gaffer - he employed him. Therefore if JP were to go - it is highly unlikely that Lowe would follow.

Why on earth do you want him to go anyway - what has he done wrong?

Jan has been put in an impossible situation; Lowe played to his ego, and like all manager's he took a firm grasp of the chance to move up to a higher level. Unfortunately he is increasingly looking out of his depth, and there is absolutely zero chance of him doing or saying anything that Rupes hasn't sanctioned first.

Also, does anybody know whether Wotte has any say or influence over the first team, as my impression at the outset was that he actually was the more able and experienced of the deadly duo.

i know its early but this bloke has not got a clue and he appears to be a paedofile at the moment as he picks the kids who are league 2 standard e.g. gillett and lancashire over experience which is what you need in this division , jp is failing to deliver everything he promised apart from the youngster thing but he has gone way over the top!! players like jake thomson and joseph mills are NOT GOOD ENOUGH and he needs to reconsider his selections because at the moment he's making me embarresed to be a saints fan!

i know its early but this bloke has not got a clue and he appears to be a paedofile at the moment as he picks the kids who are league 2 standard e.g. gillett and lancashire over experience which is what you need in this division , jp is failing to deliver everything he promised apart from the youngster thing but he has gone way over the top!! players like jake thomson and joseph mills are NOT GOOD ENOUGH and he needs to reconsider his selections because at the moment he's making me embarresed to be a saints fan!

What a pathetic post. Can't even spell it right. The muppets are out in force tonight.

Malice or no malice intended - with comments like that you should be ashamed of yourself. Do everybody else and yourself a favour - knob off.

I actually feel sorry for Portaloo because he has Lowe bringing in players who our head coach doesnt know and is told to include them into our team.

If those players dont work out,then Portaloo takes the blame.

I think our problems stem from the boardroom.

Lowe out.

Source? And don't tell me its obvious or something.

Source? And don't tell me its obvious or something.

Oh please dont tell me Portaloo is choosing the players.

He hasnt been here more than five minutes and he certainly doesnt know anything about Saints,so how come we have brought players like Schneiderlin ?

Face up to facts that Portaloo is Lowes yes man and will only use players that Lowe wants.Why else would Lowe choose Dutch div 4 Portaloo as manager?

he should go and he should go NOW! and take lowe and wilde with him!

Shut up. We need stability. Jans tactics arent perfect, but when he knows who the regular first 11 is we will improve! Get behind the team and stop complaining!

I do agree with the Lowe and Wilde bit though.

Oh please dont tell me Portaloo is choosing the players.

He hasnt been here more than five minutes and he certainly doesnt know anything about Saints,so how come we have brought players like Schneiderlin ?

Face up to facts that Portaloo is Lowes yes man and will only use players that Lowe wants.Why else would Lowe choose Dutch div 4 Portaloo as manager?

I'll take your point about him not knowing much beforehand about the player we signed but even if Poortvliet (note the spelling) didn't recommend them I'm quite sure it wasn't Lowe that did. They were recommended by a good former youth trainer of Saints. Besides that, they main problem I had with your statement was about the being told to be included in the team. That's just total bull****. Also, get your facts straight about Poortvliet before shouting fact about everything.

we have to put up a bit longer and see what happens. Whoever took over would have the same squad to work with.

IMO it was a nonsense taking BWP off to bring on an very inexperienced kid when we needed to win. Dyer surely would have been a better bet.Any way I will stay with the team a bit longer.

I'd love to hear the alternatives from anyone that thinks JP should go. We can't afford Dickie Davies, let alone Billy Davies.

Come on folks, if you're going to be clever enough to come up with a well thought-out post like 'Portaloo out!!11111!!' then I think you should give us all a good ol' chuckle and tell us what you think the realstic alternatives are

I'll take your point about him not knowing much beforehand about the player we signed but even if Poortvliet (note the spelling) didn't recommend them I'm quite sure it wasn't Lowe that did. They were recommended by a good former youth trainer of Saints. Besides that, they main problem I had with your statement was about the being told to be included in the team. That's just total bull****. Also, get your facts straight about Poortvliet before shouting fact about everything.

Ok i apologised about the Portaloo comment.You are right and of course i am behind the team 100%.

But please tell me Saint Martini, how coming from the Dutch Div 4,Poortvliet could know anything about the players we have,or have got in?

Poortvliet must have thought all of his birthdays must have come at once when he was offered a job in the English league.

Who had heard of Poortvliet before this season

I'd love to hear the alternatives from anyone that thinks JP should go. We can't afford Dickie Davies, let alone Billy Davies.

Come on folks, if you're going to be clever enough to come up with a well thought-out post like 'Portaloo out!!11111!!' then I think you should give us all a good ol' chuckle and tell us what you think the realstic alternatives are

I know it sounds like a weird idea,but what was wrong with keeping NP,who kept us up,despite having inherited Burleys uninterested squad?

Ok i apologised about the Portaloo comment.You are right and of course i am behind the team 100%.

But please tell me Saint Martini, how coming from the Dutch Div 4,Poortvliet could know anything about the players we have,or have got in?

Poortvliet must have thought all of his birthdays must have come at once when he was offered a job in the English league.

Not many people had heard of Arsene Wenger before he turned up in England...

I know it sounds like a weird idea,but what was wrong with keeping NP,who kept us up,despite having inherited Burleys uninterested squad?
Yeah and GB inherited HR's uninterested suad, who inherited ,Wigleys uninterested squad, who inherited Sturrocks uninterested squad do you see a pattern?

First of all make that first division (or second tier).

Secondly, I agree he must have been very excited, not very often does a second tier manager from the Netherlands get a chance abroad (except for in the Belgian leagues). But that doesn't mean he'll be "lost". He has also had a good "mentor" in that sense in Hockaday who must know all the players, including the former academy ones, very well. So even if he didn't know the league very well before he came here he should know what he can expect from teams after the pre-season. I don't see how that should hamper him too much, if anything it depends on his skills to adapt a Dutch style of play to the English leagues. Which to my opinion, isn't going great, but it isn't goin to badly either. Especially considering the amount of money and the resulting team available.

Ow, and I'd heard of Poortvliet but being Dutch perhaps that doesn't really count.

Well im glad you have heard of Poortvliet before,but no one else here or in never neverland had ever heard of him before.

I guess Lowe pressed a button on his laptop under "Cheap managers no one has ever heard of and are under a fiver",and thought ok lets get him here.

Well hes here and lets face it hes out of his depth.

Thanks Rupert.

I am more than prepared to give Jan a chance,and frankly am impressed by him in difficult circumstances beyond his control.

Lowe on the other hand,I'm not sure I'd entrust him as custodian of our club anymore than I would Michael Jackson or Woody Allen to babysit my kids.

Well im glad you have heard of Poortvliet before,but no one else here or in never neverland had ever heard of him before.

I guess Lowe pressed a button on his laptop under "Cheap managers no one has ever heard of and are under a fiver",and thought ok lets get him here.

Well hes here and lets face it hes out of his depth.

Thanks Rupert.

He's been brought in on the advice of Wotte. Lowe considered him for the managers position before he appointed Burley and has kept in touch with him. When it became clear Lowe would be in charge again he contacted Wotte again but he was not interested in the manager position anymore. Wotte the recommended Poortvliet. And about him being out of his depth, I don't think so. Like I said, the results are not great but considering the squad he has I don't think anyone could do better (and I don't believe that a British manager would have gotten a better squad). I just hope he learns better English quickly because if there's one thing I can't stand is very bad English with a Dutch accent.

Jan has been put in an impossible situation;

Also, does anybody know whether Wotte has any say or influence over the first team, as my impression at the outset was that he actually was the more able and experienced of the deadly duo.

Wotte is just another version of slimy Clive Woodward. A middle man through which Lowe can pick the team.

Agree about Jan's position,he is the front line fall guy in all this but he comes out of it with honour and his reputation intact as far as I'm concerned.

I have also previously asked the question over Wotte's role,and am not convinced.This was the man who Rupert remained in contact with after seemingly overlooking him two years ago.He was then instrumental in introducing JP to the club,But rather than a supervisory or DoF role, he is a reserve coach.It simply does not stack up.

Look and listen to JP, he sems an honest-to-goodness bloke;Wotte - as someone who may have Rupert's ear - looks like someone I would not wish to buy a second hand car from.

Seemingly nice bloke and I feel sorry for him with an almost impossible task. It was a job he could never refuse but I feel it will prove a bit beyond him.

I also feel that the job would under the circumstances prove difficult even for the most experienced managers but they would at least have the edge due to their knowledge of this league and the players involved. In saying that, there are very few experienced guys who would take on this mess in the first place.

IMO it is going to get worse and our only hope is with serious money invested before it gets any better.

Seemingly nice bloke and I feel sorry for him with an almost impossible task. It was a job he could never refuse but I feel it will prove a bit beyond him.

I also feel that the job would under the circumstances prove difficult even for the most experienced managers but they would at least have the edge due to their knowledge of this league and the players involved. In saying that, there are very few experienced guys who would take on this mess in the first place.

IMO it is going to get worse and our only hope is with serious money invested before it gets any better.

Agree with every strand of your post.

The other issues are having nailed his colours to the "revolutionary coaching",how could RL now abandon it and save face ?

If he wanted a change,where on earth would His Rupertship look?

Who on earth would be so desperate to take it?

(no I don't even think GH would now...)

Serious money ?Well,that is really in the land of Jackanory and I don't propose we waste time on that particular fanciful thread...

Agree with every word.

Mourinho or Ferguson couldn't keep this lot in the CCC - what chance is Jan supposed to have? It isn't just the team or the finances, the club is like a rotten pear and anyone who takes the SMS manager's job until the club is taken over needs their head examining. I don't like JP playing one up front at home but give the guy a break, it's a pig of a job.

He has also had a good "mentor" in that sense in Hockaday who must know all the players, including the former academy ones, very well.

A good "mentor"?????????

Fccuk me, Hockaday must have the same bloke writing his CV as Jan did.

Three years ago he was working with the kids at Watford (before that running college team/Academy).

He had a stint as Watford coach before being booted out less than two years later.

Did a few months coaching in Div 4 with MK Dons (never got going at Leicester).

Turned up here a year ago as Youth Team Coach (so not sure how well he got to know all the academy ones in under a year!!!!).

I must say that I'm not convinced that that looks like the credentials of a good mentor.