Rickie For England

JonnyLove

well he caused pompey a helluva lot of problems. Cant see him getting the better of Lucio or Cannavaro though!

Agreed tho, our saints would rip this england team the shreds at the mo - pile of ****

Weeeelllllll...

Wasn't Cappello's #2 at SMS for the Skate game?

Worth a shout shame there's not many more friendlies.

Being sensible IF he plays the Heskey up front then he should have a cover for Heskey so he doesn't have to change style IF Emile is injured/suspended.

Who else in English Football at the moment has the intelligence to play that role?

Being sensible IF he plays the Heskey up front then he should have a cover for Heskey so he doesn't have to change style IF Emile is injured/suspended.

Who else in English Football at the moment has the intelligence to play that role?

Peter Crouch.

Rickie Lambert is a very very good striker who has pretty much all the attributes to be a top-level striker with the one exception of pace. I don't think there's much at all between him and say, Kevin Davies, who might have had a shout of getting in the England squad a year or two ago.

I cant understand why Crouch doesnt start every game for england. 20 goals in 37 games or sumink like that is quality. Lambo is a poor mans crouch (well not that poor but you know what i mean!)

Don't know about the rest of his game but Lambo's free kicks are world-class. It doesnt matter if you're in the lower leagues or a world-cup final, a good free kick is one and the same (the quality of keeper is only a minor variable).

The pace and accuracy he can generate from anything upto 40 yards out is simply awesome.

No. Really I'm serious.

Bless! There's a bit of difference between being good on L1 and being able to hack it in the Prem. I thought our 4-1 home loss to by far the worst team in the Premier League would have taught us that.

There's as much chance of a woman playing for England as a L1 player.

Bless! There's a bit of difference between being good on L1 and being able to hack it in the Prem. I thought our 4-1 home loss to by far the worst team in the Premier League would have taught us that.

Our loss to the so called Prem team was down to an aging defence that was tiring in the 75minute of the game and the exceptional saves of James on the day. Nothing to do with Lambo's ability as a targetman/striker. Personally I think he would put in a heroic performance if he was picked - cannot be any worse than Heskey FFS. Thought Carlton Cole looked very ordinary tonight to be honest.

I cant understand why Crouch doesnt start every game for england. 20 goals in 37 games or sumink like that is quality. Lambo is a poor mans crouch (well not that poor but you know what i mean!)

19 of Crouch's 20 goals were against Jamaica Reserves in a pre-season friendly.

Well, not strictly true, but you get the drift.....

You have to be joking. This is what I hate a good league one striker and an unknown quality in the premiership or CCC being told by saints fans he's England quality?!

No way, I love Rickie he's a great player but his lack of pace or offering anything different than we already have from Defoe/Crouch even Beattie! or Ashley Young or Walcott or Heskey and Gabriel Aghbonohor (sp)

Meh be realistic please!

Some of our fans make me wonder about the footballing IQ level on here.

Like that Peterborough keeper in one of copello's first squads. ;)

Rickie Lambert is a very very good striker who has pretty much all the attributes to be a top-level striker with the one exception of pace. I don't think there's much at all between him and say, Kevin Davies, who might have had a shout of getting in the England squad a year or two ago.

People bang on about his lack of pace. I disagree. He is actually deceptively quick. He is quicker than Peter Crouch who has scored 20 goals in 37 games. Lambert for England! There is not a better striker outside the PL with Rikkie's all round ability. His work rate, control, finishing, heading, vision, lay off's and ball holding skills are second to none. The headed lay off to Barnard in the first half on Tuesday was out of this world.

Beckham?:)

And while we're at it Jose Fonte for Portugal, Schneiderlin for France and what about Puncheon for England. In great form and a better option than Walcott or SWP.

I am joking by the way, OP is just showing a massive lack of footballing intelligence.

Jake Thompson for Trindad and Tobago.

Didn't being picked for England completely ar5e up Beattie's Saints career, as he wasn't considered BBBBFFs with them and realised he needed to move (and a fat lot of good that did him)..?

Suggest we keep schtum, aside from the fact Lambert's about 20th in the pecking order, probably still behind Beattie.

I agree. Lets do it :D. We did it for Kelvin last season so why not for Rickie? :p

Totally agree.

(By the way for all of you people who are trying to work out if this is really really serious and we are totally stupid. Don't worry it is all done with tongue firmly in cheek. But it would still be great none the less. Come on lets start enjoying ourselves :) )

Totally agree.

(By the way for all of you people who are trying to work out if this is really really serious and we are totally stupid. Don't worry it is all done with tongue firmly in cheek. But it would still be great none the less. Come on lets start enjoying ourselves :) )

Well thank **** for that.