Oriental Build Up

Toomer

I cant see any further than a home win, one question will we keep a clean sheet, so I have gone for 4-1. Anyone know if they are going to have a wander round the pitch with the paint pot.:)

Edited by Toomer

Well on paper we should win if you compare current form and the fact it's at home. However they've just sacked the manager and his assisstant has taken over. According to Orient fans this happened last season too and Orient came out and walloped the Dons 3-0 away from home.

Morgan and Thomas are looking likely to be fit for today according the BBC.

7-0 just becuase the Orient chairman called us cheats:smt067

Strange, a normal working day here, and with the clocks going forward up there KO is now 6pm local time so within normal work hours.

Think they'll have a new manager syndrome which will likely stop the big bounce back win but as it's only an internal caretaker should see us scrape a 2-0 win.

Strange, a normal working day here, and with the clocks going forward up there KO is now 6pm local time so within normal work hours.

Think they'll have a new manager syndrome which will likely stop the big bounce back win but as it's only an internal caretaker should see us scrape a 2-0 win.

Hopefully better than 2 0

Don't think this will be the push-over many seem to think. We seem to have a little habit going of allowing teams like this score first early doors thanks to switching off. If AP tells them to go out and boss the game from the first whistle then maybe we will over run them. I reckon 2-0 or possibly 2-1 to us. One thing is for sure - anything less than a win will put paid to the play-off dream.

seriously (not that I want or think it will happen)..

what would you think if they did move pardew on in the summer...?

That they had made the wrong choice, had proven themselves as impatient and would be looking at next season with trepidation rather than anticipation.

Will Andrew Lloyd Webber be sitting with the home fans or in the away section today?

Agree it should be a home "banker", but we all know how they turn out.Much depends on our own belief.If Saints seriously believe we can make the play offs then I'd expect us to overrun Orient and win convincingly,3-0 minimum.

I'd like to see us up by a couple of goals early doors. Don't like the stress of only being a goal up and being a Saints fan.

Must win, and the one good thing about not being at the game itself will be the easy access to how Colchester and Huddersfield are getting on.

*EDIT* I'm a muppet. Huddersfield don't play until tomoz.

Edited by pap

We must win or our season is a sin!

Lose and AP's contract can go in the bin & all happy clappers can have a love-in!

The word in football circles is Mr Pardew is already toast, so start betting on the new manager.

Just passing on what I have heard not my view but the problems between the manager and chairmain are there for all to see?

Well on paper we should win if you compare current form and the fact it's at home. However they've just sacked the manager and his assisstant has taken over. According to Orient fans this happened last season too and Orient came out and walloped the Dons 3-0 away from home.

Morgan and Thomas are looking likely to be fit for today according the BBC.

7-0 just becuase the Orient chairman called us cheats:smt067

I missed that referance the Oreint chairman call us cheats, why and when was that?

The word in football circles is Mr Pardew is already toast, so start betting on the new manager.

Just passing on what I have heard not my view but the problems between the manager and chairmain are there for all to see?

There could be some truth in what you say from Newspaper Articles written in the last couple of weeks.

But I think Pardew should continue as results have been pretty good on the whole

If I did a £10 bet on Saints winning 4-0

plus the following bets 4-1

5-0 and 5-1 which is a layout of £40, then If the bet comes in I should get 33/1 at least.

Would it be a safe bet do you think?

I often do small bets on the scorelines & scorers although I often don't know the oppositions scorers & do Saints first but Saints have won a lot of games after coming from behind.

Lee Barnard to score first and Southampton 3-0 *@*22/1

Jason Puncheon to score first and Southampton 4-0 *@*85/1

Southampton 3-1 *@*10/1

Southampton 4-1 *@*20/1

Scott McGleish scoring first gives you huge odds...I stuck a quid on McGleish & Saints winning 4-1 @ 280/1. Ridiculous odds! Maybe unlikely but he's their top scorer & not beyond the realms of possibility! Just getting the first scorer right is the key. Then the scoreline permutations aren't so tricky!

Saying that, I've only ever guessed the scoreline right this season. I've missed out twice on first scorer & scoreline (with Saints goals cleared of the line & off the bar, missing me out on a few hundred quid! Grrr!!!!)

I think you're probably right.

Yep, lets sack the manager and show the footballing world what a great club we are by getting rid of someone who has not olny turned the club around, but actually won us a trophy. As for not winning today being "unacceptable", really some of you need to grow up. It is a game of football FFS. "Unacceptable" is the invasion of Poland, snatching a child, taking a life.

Did Ferguson throw himself on his sword after losing to Chelsea? Surely that was "unacceptable"????

Losing football matches happens to every manager. If it was so "unacceptable" they would all be out of work now.

Alan Shearer, Tony Mowbray, Phil Brown, Steve Coppell, Mark Hughes, Gary Megson, Gary Johnson, Brendan Rodgers, Glenn Hoddle, Kevin Keegan, Jim Magilton, Gareth Southgate

take your pick......