Brizzle - back from the game

Thedelldays

Sat in the car on the way home

WOW

We were on a different planet to that lot. Unreal

Love it. We can do it. Towards the end we were more interested in the Huddersfield score.

Puncheon was MoM for me. Seaborne was a bit shaky but he ho

Best chant was "does your boyfriend know your here" to the rovers player with pink boots

We are going up. I swear

Fair play to rovers fans I was just talking too. Were very gracious and hoped we went up

Best chant was "does your boyfriend know your here" to the rovers player with pink boots

Lol'd at that - genius. It's the chants that happen such as the "wotsit" chant on the day of the game that are sometimes the best...

Well Im back from the game... and I WAS THERE WHEN MORGAN SCORED!!

Kelv- NOTHING to do except pull the ball out of the net.

Semi- not as aggressive as I would like. His pace made up for a bad error in the first half.

Seabourne- unconvincing. Tried to make up for it with a few fancy touches when we were 5-1 up.

Fonte- sheer class.

Harding- solid and supported lallana well on left.

Morgan- finally!

Deano- Dominant, MOM behind Lambert for me.

Punch- loads of energy and no dodgy passes this time.

Antonio- quiet, didnt really notice him first half, rightly subbed.

Lallana- absolute quality tonight, they didnt know how to handle him and lovely goal.

Lambert- two goals are CRUCIAL times has to give him MOM... won his usual 90% of headers- rovers players didnt even bother trying to win em after a while.

subs- kept the energy levels high.

What stood out for me though, was the pressure we put on them when they had the ball... we were everywhere, they didnt stand a chance. THat is what we need to do every away game.

Gloss taken off the atmosphere when huddersfield won, Im worried that will give them a massive boost in the run in. But we are the best side in this league by a mile :)

They went 1-0 up well against the run of play. Then they exploited us pushing forward and almost scored again on more than one occasion.

2nd half was almost embarrassing for them and the fact we are in this league

Their keeper was turd

"Dodgy keeper, dodgy keeper" haha

They went 1-0 up well against the run of play. Then they exploited us pushing forward and almost scored again on more than one occasion.

Their keeper was turd

their keeper is really highly rated, Anderson i think? on loan from reading.

so he either had a stinker tonight, or we demonstrated that he isn't actually that good.

Sat in the car on the way home

WOW

We were on a different planet to that lot. Unreal

Love it. We can do it. Towards the end we were more interested in the Huddersfield score.

Puncheon was MoM for me. Seaborne was a bit shaky but he ho

We are going up. I swear

Fair play to rovers fans I was just talking too. Were very gracious and hoped we went up

Misleading thread title, as you are clearly not yet back from the game ;)

Their keeper was turd

He may be you know, I think he's based in Plymouth. Although it used to take a lot longer than that to get back when I was there.

unless he lives in a car!;)

Incredible game. Put them under a lot of pressure in the first half without getting the goal, they score against the run of play but even then the result was never in doubt. Great timing of the goals before half time and it just had to be Rickie! Second half was so one sided it was ridiculous. Great night, great support, Morgan MOTM for me, he and deano ran the midfield.

What was the Rovers fans reaction to Lambert? Did they cheer him when his name was called out? Or do they now hate him for some reason?

Did Lambert celebrate when he scored?

he got a standing ovation when he came off, from both sets of fans.

and his name was cheered at KO.

I'm back!

Congratulations to whoever started the "Walsall are winning 4-2" rumour in the terrace. Brilliant work!

We controlled the match from the off and conceded a silly goal. As soon as we scored the second it was game over though; Bristol had been most dangerous on the break and they were never going to catch us once we went ahead.

Some ratings:

KD - didn't really have anything to do. Handling and distribution was solid. 6

Semi - I had a bad view but appeared to be at fault for the penalty. Seems to have some sort of mental problem in relation to certain types of physical challenge and also concentration issues. Whether it's confidence or bottle remains to be seen. Anyway, without Murty or Thomas he's our best right back and provided some excellent forward runs as well as some good defending at times. 6

Fonte - faultless as usual. 8

Seabourne - really good game. Covered well and positioning was spot on. A couple of 50pence-piece-for-a-head moments but overall he continues to impress me. 8

Harding - usual solid self. What a brilliant signing. 7

Lallana - did well. Made the right choices and was unlucky not receive some better final balls when in good positions. 7

Hammond - Had a good game in possession and did his job well. 7

Schneiderlin - Probably his best game for Saints IMO even if he hadn't scored. Hardly ever gave it away and his positioning was spot-on. Unlucky to be booked. Brilliant goal. 9

Puncheon - put one on a plate for Hammond at 0-0. Made Lambert's first. Got fouled for Lambert's second. Scored one. Worked hard. Hassled well. Used the ball intelligently. 8

Antonio - tireless effort and some strong running in the first half. Got a bit ragged towards the end. A really great prospect who we must sign but I would revert to Barnard for the next couple of games. 6

Lambert - took his chances when they came and as usual preoccupied the hell out of the other team, creating space for others. 8

What a strange stadium. What a great result.

Also just back from the game. In with the Brizzle supporters who said Saints were 100% up for it tonight. They also applauded Lambert when he went off and said they hoped we got promoted so they wouldn't be battered twice by us next season. My view of the penalty was that the ball appeared to be going out of play and the ref was 40 yards away with players galore between him and the incident. The second half was probably the most one sided game I've seen in years. They had no idea what to do about Lambert or indeed most of the rest of the team. Best comment of the night when Connolly came on was "who's he. Must be another academy player". Yup. They know their football up Brizzle way!

Best game of the season.

We were scintillating in the second half.

Bristol fans were applauding us as they left.

It was almost a carnival atmosphere at times.

Who gives a t0ss about Uddersfield?

All we can do is go out and win all our games, others will f*ck it up......not us.

Oh and....... I WAS THERE WHEN MORGAN SCORED!

Honestly thought Puncheon had a poor first half!

Me too. Terrible corners and he wasted quite a few crossing opportunities from good positions when he was in space down the right.

Still, shouldn't grumble after that performance. It was a treat to watch. We bossed the midfield with embarrassing ease and Morgan's goal was incredible.

It was a great game! Just thought I would share this video of lamberts second goal.

LOL at the "dodgy keeper" chants even before the goal ... :D

DM said that he was out of position even before Lambo run up for the free kick.

You really do have to take your hat off to RLSGM for his free kicks. To be honest he seems more effective and with a higher goal ratio/per free kick than MLT had. I guess you could say MLT was doing it against better defences and keepers, but Rickie never seems to hit the wall, and if a few go high or wide ... most either go in, or hit the woodwork, or the keeper can only parry and somebody follows up to score. Amazingly it seems the further out the better as well :p

Thanks for that mate.

Great atmosphere. We were in the seated area - but everyone was stood up. We were making so much noise I could't hear our terrace section of supporters.

The ref and lino missed 3 penalties in the first half (imho), at 1-0 we really thought that it was going to be one of those nights. Brizzle did look pretty dangerous on the break. However 2 quick Lambert goals knocked the stuffing out of them. The 2nd half was sublime.

'We were there when Morgan scored....we were there when Morgan scored' (and what a beauty it was too)

Got back about midnight last night.

WOW. What a game, the lads were bang up for it right from the off, the penalty was amazingly against the run of play and looked clumsy.

Completely deserved win. Morgan, Lambert and Puncheon were fantastic. Kelvin had nothing to do other than pick the ball out of his net for the pen.

Special mention to the person in the terrace who said it was 4-2 to walsall. Cvnt.

The bloody Walsall 4-2 was not amusing - I thought my phone was playing up! Ended up at the back shouting the score off as it came through, the groans at 4-3 said it all really.

Cracking night out though. Now, if only it wasn't for those bloody ten points...

Me too. Terrible corners and he wasted quite a few crossing opportunities from good positions when he was in space down the right.

That's the kind of paragraph that makes me mad.

We scored from one of the "terrible" corners in case you had forgotten. As for wasting crossing opportunities, he also put one right on a plate for Hammond about five yards out. I would suggest you might even have him mixed up with Antonio on a few occasions but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;)

We need to accept that players like Puncheon will lose the ball sometimes. However we should also be grateful that we have players with the confidence and ability to do some of the things he can do with it.

Great atmosphere. We were in the seated area - but everyone was stood up. We were making so much noise I could't hear our terrace section of supporters.

The ref and lino missed 3 penalties in the first half (imho), at 1-0 we really thought that it was going to be one of those nights. Brizzle did look pretty dangerous on the break. However 2 quick Lambert goals knocked the stuffing out of them. The 2nd half was sublime.

'We were there when Morgan scored....we were there when Morgan scored' (and what a beauty it was too)

Really? I knew we'd win.