Bournemouth

warsash saint

Congrats & all that on getting promoted

BUT all they sung about was 'going to St Mary's' next season :D

Funny little club.

Bompey, Skate/Pikey/Chav wannabes and, like our fishy fiends, totally obsessed with us, driven by that huge chip on their shoulders.

Well done to them though, considering that they are just a small town in Dorset.

Eddie Howe has done a brilliant job with them. I just get fed up with their fans believing that we see them as rivals. That makes me rise to the bait and disparage them for doing so.

We'll get them away for the very first game and at home on Boxing Day (26th/27th Dec).

I'd love to see us get 6 points but I think the away game will be a draw.

Look out for them coming on here then giving it the large one!

The people I was with yesterday are really looking forward to this match, it will be a nice day out I reckon and I can understand why Cherries fans want it so much. Not so sure they'll be quite so happy once we've contributed to them going back down though.

How about Eddie Howe for manager of the season, done an amazing job really. Next season wil be a tough test though. I might put ten pound on a south coast treble, saints promoted, Pompey and Cherries going down. Odds?

I didn't hear Howe whinge and whine to the press on how hard done by they were, about only being able to name 4 subs and one of them a 15 year old nipper.

One of my best mates is a Bournemouth fan and I asked him about this rivalry yesterday - he reckons its nothing sinsister but they don't have any local "derbies" apart from us and its the miniority who are the Chavs and call us "Scummers". Most of them see us like we see them, look out for our results and are happy when we win. He's even come down St Mary's a few times this season with me. After last season, its amazing what they have done down there and am really happy for them. Nice club. Even better weekend!

I did give him a £50 bet that they wouldn't get 2 or more points of us.

He didn't take it.

Bompey, Skate/Pikey/Chav wannabes and, like our fishy fiends, totally obsessed with us, driven by that huge chip on their shoulders.

Well done to them though, considering that they are just a small town in Dorset.

all started when coach loads used to turn up in Bournemouth on a Friday summers night in the mid to late 70's

Yeh, because that 493-page 'Pompey Takeover Saga' thread that has been at the top of this board for months has only been posted on 24,605 times and viewed 900,985 times out of ambivalence.

that is completely different, we have a two way hatred with Portsmouth that runs deep at both clubs, with bournemouth the hatred is only from one side.

i guarantee they will turn up in town larging it up being abusive to any saints around, "scummers scummers here we come" they sang yesterday, well lets see how many saints still have a soft spot for them after this season

Yeh, because that 493-page 'Pompey Takeover Saga' thread that has been at the top of this board for months has only been posted on 24,605 times and viewed 900,985 times out of ambivalence.

i never thought about that, but you are right

that pompey thread is pathetic. and so is every single post on it (especially mine)

anyway, who gives a f*ck about Bournemouth. They aren't even in Hampshire.

i never thought about that, but you are right

that pompey thread is pathetic. and so is every single post on it (especially mine)

anyway, who gives a f*ck about Bournemouth. They aren't even in Hampshire.

They always used to be Hampshire and some of us still refuse to accept the boundary changes.

We're a big fish in a litle sea. Lots of clubs have brought good numbers to our ground for this div (hartlepool, oldham and a few other aside). Rovers brought 3200 for an eve game yet only average just over that for home games if you take out the away support.

B'mth will sell their 3200 for our place, good luck to them but as someone else has said, they ain't got any money to improve, saying that they will have the success of promotion behind them and will probably survive in this league next year, whilst hopefully we will wave goodbye to them and to Pimpey as we pass them...

i always liked bournemouth, little team a bit like a cute pet i suppose.. was not until i worked with a cherries season ticket holder that i realised how much they hate us!! so next season should be fun.

well done to them and i hope they have a good season in league 1 .

I still think a "Warm friendly welcome to the Cherries, many Saints fans' second club." message on the big screen would be funny.

if i had to have a 'second' club it would have to be Brighton. Have always looked out for them and am glad they appear to be getting their **** together at last.

Congrats & all that on getting promoted

BUT all they sung about was 'going to St Mary's' next season :D

Funny little club.

Yet here we are on a Saints forum analysing what songs they were singing about us.

I quite like them though. I hope they do well next season and come up to the Championship with us.