League One Team from Sky

martel

I see on Sky sports they have a team made up from League one clubs, we have three players in it, Davis, Lambert and Puncheon, Norwich have three as well; that in its self says a lot really.

It is NOT a team made up by Sky.

It is the PFA team of the year! :D

A team voted for by the players in the League themselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8643305.stm (Scroll to the bottom)

It is NOT a team made up by Sky.

It is the PFA team of the year! :D

A team voted for by the players in the League themselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8643305.stm (Scroll to the bottom)

for all those who knock Davis, read that and weep. His fellow pros made him the best in the league.Not fans like myself but the people who are up against these players throughout the season.

Schneiderlin, Fonte, Harding and Lallana couldnt have been too far away.

Maybe AP should use this team to define his shopping list ?

Yes but some will already be in the CCC with Promoted teams next season

If Charlton Leeds and Norwich were to go up the only one left would be Harte and as many have said Harding will be better next season

Edited by John B

Crazy that Lallana isn't in it.

Harding has to be one of the best left backs too, if not the best.

Am I the only one who thinks that the two full back positions, namely Harding and Otsemebor, are our relatively weak points? We have a very strong spine from Davis through Fonte and Jaidi, then Schneiderlain and Hammond up to Lambert and Barnard. We have quality on the wings with the likes of Puncheon and Lallana. All of the above named would fare well IMO at at least Championship level, and are certainly top class players at Division 3 level. However I remain unconvinced about the two full backs - they're both OK at this level but not outstanding. This is the main area in which we need to strengthen.

amazed Harte gets in. I just winder how many player remeber half the players they played against so when they come to voting the big name players (and those that appear in highlights shows) tend to do very well. Harding has been the best left back by miles I have seen this year. Harte has played at centre back fro most of the season as well. I'm also amazed Jardi has not made it. Frazer Richardson a target for us perhaps?

Looking at League 2's team the Crewe right back is a Derby target (he's a former Burton player) and might be worth a look. My mate Stephen Dawson once again make the side. We really should sign this lad, especially as he is on a free.

Am I the only one who thinks that the two full back positions, namely Harding and Otsemebor, are our relatively weak points? We have a very strong spine from Davis through Fonte and Jaidi, then Schneiderlain and Hammond up to Lambert and Barnard. We have quality on the wings with the likes of Puncheon and Lallana. All of the above named would fare well IMO at at least Championship level, and are certainly top class players at Division 3 level. However I remain unconvinced about the two full backs - they're both OK at this level but not outstanding. This is the main area in which we need to strengthen.

Semi, agreed. But Harding has been excellent all season, and is far better than "OK" for this level. I'd be more than comfortable with him at left back in the Championship.

Am I the only one who thinks that the two full back positions, namely Harding and Otsemebor, are our relatively weak points?

you coudl well be. Harding has been absolutely fantastic. There isn't a left back in league 1 that I'd swap him for.

I'd say yes you're definitely alone in thinking Harding is a weak point. Behind Lambert, he's been our player of the season.

Best left back in League 1 I reckon.

I'd say yes you're definitely alone in thinking Harding is a weak point. Behind Lambert, he's been our player of the season.

Best left back in League 1 I reckon.

He's not alone, Harding has been ok, not outstanding enough to be irreplacable IMO. Earlier in the season we played a team (I cant remembr who at present) and the left back outpaced Antonio and was always good in his atttacking role Edited by OldNick

Harding for me has been out Player of The Season after RL, if we can find a right back as good as him we'll be laughing.

It would be interesting to know what our stats were like over the few games Harding missed, which I think were around January time.

for all those who knock Davis, read that and weep. His fellow pros made him the best in the league.Not fans like myself but the people who are up against these players throughout the season.

Gosh. So divisive. I'm not weeping. I still think he's way too poor on crosses and distribution - but hey, still good for another year of League One footie, I guess and these polls tend to favour the keepers you 'remember' - for whatever reason... (see also Harte scores but can't defend)

Amazed Fonte didn't get in, though. Oozes 'I'm back off to the Championship' class...

Amazed Fonte didn't get in, though. Oozes 'I'm back off to the Championship' class...

The vote was taken a number of weeks ago. Fonte only signed and started playing in this League in January. It is voted for by the players and many of them hadn't played against Fonte when votes were cast.

Gosh. So divisive. I'm not weeping. I still think he's way too poor on crosses and distribution - but hey, still good for another year of League One footie, I guess and these polls tend to favour the keepers you 'remember' - for whatever reason... (see also Harte scores but can't defend)

DT you have been consistant in your dislike for KD. I accept that, at the end of the day it is opinions. Other posters have said they have spoken to pros (who are supposed to know better than us! lol) who said he is poor. The fact that his fellow pros who have come up against him, vote that he is the best keeper in this league is enough.

No player is 100% perfect in L1 and so for some to criticise a player who has been loyal and consistantly a points saver is churlish at best.

I hope he keeps his form for another season, then the problem whether he is still good enough for the CCC will come into play.For a keeper he still has a few years left, although I will concede we do need a good back up

DT you have been consistant in your dislike for KD. I accept that, at the end of the day it is opinions. Other posters have said they have spoken to pros (who are supposed to know better than us! lol) who said he is poor. The fact that his fellow pros who have come up against him, vote that he is the best keeper in this league is enough.

No player is 100% perfect in L1 and so for some to criticise a player who has been loyal and consistantly a points saver is churlish at best.

I hope he keeps his form for another season, then the problem whether he is still good enough for the CCC will come into play.For a keeper he still has a few years left, although I will concede we do need a good back up

I thought we already had one in Bart.

amazed Harte gets in. I just winder how many player remeber half the players they played against so when they come to voting the big name players (and those that appear in highlights shows) tend to do very well. Harding has been the best left back by miles I have seen this year. Harte has played at centre back fro most of the season as well. I'm also amazed Jardi has not made it. Frazer Richardson a target for us perhaps?

Looking at League 2's team the Crewe right back is a Derby target (he's a former Burton player) and might be worth a look. My mate Stephen Dawson once again make the side. We really should sign this lad, especially as he is on a free.

15 odd goals from left back in an average at best side is pretty impressive, i think they have got it pretty spot on to be honest

Kelvin Davis (Southampton), Frazer Richardson (Charlton), Patrick Kisnorbo (Leeds), Gary Doherty (Norwich), Ian Harte (Carlisle), Wes Hoolahan (Norwich), Jason Puncheon (Southampton), Robert Snodgrass (Leeds), Nicky Bailey (Charlton), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Grant Holt (Norwich).

Doherty is the best CF i've seen this season apart from Fonte, kept Lambert quiet twice this season. I might possibly stick Lallana in ahead of Puncheon but i think its a fairly accurate reflection over the whole season, hence why Kisnorbo gets the nod over Fonte.

I would have preferred it if he hadn't have been 'loyal' (do you have any evidence that West Ham did not pull out of the deal?) and would put a question mark over whether across the season he has been a net (no pun intended) points saver. Remember all the **** ups. You can call it churlish if you like (not bovvered) but that's my opinion, which you say in footballer stylee is okay, 'at the end of the day.'

Still, that said, I'm happy if he keeps improving. Just wish he'd not stick on his line so much. Maik Taylor please.

I would have preferred it if he hadn't have been 'loyal' (do you have any evidence that West Ham did not pull out of the deal?) and would put a question mark over whether across the season he has been a net (no pun intended) points saver. Remember all the **** ups. You can call it churlish if you like (not bovvered) but that's my opinion, which you say in footballer stylee is okay, 'at the end of the day.'

Still, that said, I'm happy if he keeps improving. Just wish he'd not stick on his line so much. Maik Taylor please.

In this league and for the matter the CCC, who would you have in your team ahead of him?

West Ham did not mpull out of the deal. From a source close to centre at WH... i can confirm that the deal had been agreed and signed by WH, even a house had been organised by them... but they had the good grace to hold fire until SFC had been saved.

West Ham did not mpull out of the deal. From a source close to centre at WH... i can confirm that the deal had been agreed and signed by WH, even a house had been organised by them... but they had the good grace to hold fire until SFC had been saved.

Thanks for this. Interesting, though at that point I'm sure a big transfer fee might have helped us too. Still, I'm glad - I've always like the Hammers. I wonder if the current Sullivan n' Gold regime would have been so dignified, however...

On Late Kick Off, they are going to be naming their team of the region, in the next few weeks, and I thought it was amusing that Grahame Murty, when asked if he had any ideas, said he'd have to pick all Saints players because he'd get it in the neck if he didn't. Eddie Howe as his pick of manager though. Can't really argue with that.

On Late Kick Off, they are going to be naming their team of the region, in the next few weeks, and I thought it was amusing that Grahame Murty, when asked if he had any ideas, said he'd have to pick all Saints players because he'd get it in the neck if he didn't. Eddie Howe as his pick of manager though. Can't really argue with that.

Murty in summer move to AFCB un-shocker ?

Errrrrrm, aside from one when the ball bounced straight over him into the net from a throw-in at some point in the last 12 months (which didn't cost us a goal) you're now going back to a season when we were Championship Play-Off contenders. I don't think there can be more than one other person even still playing for Saints that was in those matches, so maybe now would be a good time to forget about them, accept that they were anomalies and that he's done more than enough in the meantime to compensate for them, and move on ?

He's also clearly saved us some points this season on top of not costing us any, though he hasn't saved as many points as last year because we have something resembling a competent defence playing a division lower so he has less to do.

I think Harte is quality, his passing is brilliant. I hope we sign him and move Harding to RB where he has actually been brilliant

you are right a decent paser, but he plays at CB and in all honesty he ain't all that good there. Harding filled in well at right back, but it woudl be complete madness to play him there lomg term. His best work is bombing down the line and deliverin soem decent crosses. He didn't do that at right back. He's left footed.

Thanks for this. Interesting, though at that point I'm sure a big transfer fee might have helped us too. Still, I'm glad - I've always like the Hammers. I wonder if the current Sullivan n' Gold regime would have been so dignified, however...

A big transfer fee might have helped us but as KD was out off contract I don't think we'd have got one for him.

he was out of contract so no transfer fee was due.

The guy has hardly put a foot wrong since the QBR debarcle. He's been outstanding over the last three seasons and improved both his distribution and coming for crosses. OK, so at times his long balls are not always perfect, but when they are decent do you really give him credit for them? Compare his distribution to that of the likes of the Franchise FC keeper. As for crosses, he still doesn't come for a lot, but he has improved since the early days. In my eyes we are very fortunate to have Davis. He has had to work bloody hard to get rid of the `Sunderland dirty brush' plus the bad errors early doors at Saints. But those days are long gone...

Edited by Chez

I dont think I have time to recall all the points he has saved, even this season. I do recall reading many comments on the after match threads of 'thank f### Kelvin' etc

and strangley the Oldham game where they got an undeserved draw KD had to make a great save with his legs to keep the point late in the game.

DT you have had a problem with KD all along and will never be swayed, but I believe if we had the whole team to his standard we would be in the play offs if not the promotion places.

He is a proper professional and is a credit to his profession.

As for Maik Taylor, I was never happy when Dave Jones got rid of him for Paul Jones, he is a useful keeper but please dont tell me he is a commanding keeper, I have seen quite a few gaffs by him over the years and he is not that good at coming for crosses either...all IMHO of course