The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

We should sit tight for about 10 days and see who will be available elsewhere before deciding our retained list other than releasing the ones like Pulis we definately dont want.

I would look to keep Connelly and get Antonio in(if possible) but possibly not offer anyone else a contract who is currently out of contract even Bart & James.

We only want to keep players who can do a job in the ccc the season after next hopefully.Would you be happy for Bart to be in goal against a top ccc side?

I think we will be able to bring in 2 or 3 frees from the ccc and premiership.We will then look to sign 3 or 4 players for serious money ie £1 million /£1.5 million.

I expect us to possibly be looking at players like Stock and Danns in midfield and players like Hooper and Jackson upfront.Think we might also look at some of the play off side players from the teams that aren't successfull like Bailey & Racon at Charlton and Paynter or Austin from Swindon if they dont go up.

Would not surprise me if we sign a young up and coming back up keeper,2 rb's ,1 cd,2 midfielders,1 winger and another striker maybe 2 depending on Connelly

I think people are getting carried away with themselves if they are expecting wholesale changes to the current team. I am sure we will be casting adrift alot of the fringe players, but I will be seriously surprised if we make more than 3 quality additions over the summer, and even then I would expect one or two of them to be free transfers.

The only reason we would make more signings than that would be if some of our better players get snaffled by top clubs and we then have to find replacements for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lambert move on to someone either in the CC or in the Scottish Premier (ie Celtic as they are probably the only ones with any money!). He's probably only got one big pay day left in him so I wouldn't begrudge him a move (even though I think he would gain legendary status if he saw the job through and helped us into the premier league in either 2 or 3 years time). I think Fonte & Lallana will be sought after too. Fingers crossed we can keep Pardew and that he can persuade them to stay.

Would not surprise me if we sign a young up and coming back up keeper,2 rb's ,1 cd,2 midfielders,1 winger and another striker maybe 2 depending on Connelly

Kasper Schmeichel perhaps? Experience of winning a league with Notts County and Notts County need to sell to balance the books.

Had a long chat with my Bury supporting mate at the weekend about Stephen Dawson. He mentioned that he made the PFA League 2 team of the year again and carried the his side all season. He was all but resigned to him leaving in the summer and could see their promotion hopes for next year dissappearing too. I thought he was more of a defensive midfielder, but he said he did everything really, box to box running, passing, tackling. He's out of contract and the right kind of age - 25. I know we are all looking at Championship players, but there are League 2 players that can play at that level too. I suggested Danny N'Guessen from Lincoln last summer and Leicester snapped him up on a free and he has done well in the CCC.

Paul Scharner wants to "stay in English football". If he doesn't get an offer from a Premier League team perhaps he'd like a challenge to get back there from a lower league club?

Christ. He has done well in the Premiership and turned down an offer from Wigan of a new deal. No chance at all of him dropping down a division never mind two. Get a grip.

Edited by Chez

Paul Scharner wants to "stay in English football". If he doesn't get an offer from a Premier League team perhaps he'd like a challenge to get back there from a lower league club?

He's pretty much a shoe in for a contract at Fulham. HTH.

:D

He is on wages circa £35k p/w and you think we'd match that or meet his ambition in League One?

Christ. He has done well in the Premiership and turned down an offer from Wigan of a new deal. No chance at all of him dropping down a division never mind two. Get a grip.

Sorry for not keeping tabs on the Premier League, I like to track League One to be honest. Martin Tyler said yesterday he was leaving Wigan and would like to stay in English football and I assumed he wasn't offered a new deal and may struggle to get a new one in the Premier League. Please accept my apologies.

:D

He is on wages circa £35k p/w and you think we'd match that or meet his ambition in League One?

Thank god for your FM database. You'd have **** all to post without it.

He's pretty much a shoe in for a contract at Fulham. HTH.

Thanks.

How can we have transfer targets when we do not even know who our manager will be next season

Didn't Cortese say at some stage that there was great importance in the scouting system as they could have consistency with transfer targets even if they had to change manager??

Have I said we have?erm.no.

Have I said we signed Lines?err. nope not again.

In addition your question, transfers do still happen if a club is managerless or in the process of re-hiring.

He was a January target, so I imagine they are trying to get the wheels in motion again.

Just a rumour so you'll have to hold on with your bubble bursting sugar.

Jesus your obsession is flattering.

no deffinately Lines, Holts a cvnt

No really they are best mates, played at Rochdale together I think. Both named each other as the best player in the football league in fourfourtwo magazine.

No really they are best mates, played at Rochdale together I think. Both named each other as the best player in the football league in fourfourtwo magazine.

I always thought it was Lines and Lambert, not saying they have no other friends.

Shame that, as Holts a tosser.

Have I said we have?erm.no.

Have I said we signed Lines?err. nope not again.

In addition your question, transfers do still happen if a club is managerless or in the process of re-hiring.

He was a January target, so I imagine they are trying to get the wheels in motion again.

Just a rumour so you'll have to hold on with your bubble bursting sugar.

Jesus your obsession is flattering.

I am about as obsessed with you as the pope is with ethnic cleansing.

Just wondered what your latest drivvel was

I am about as obsessed with you as the pope is with ethnic cleansing.

Just wondered what your latest drivvel was

you and your 'laddish' internet persona really does make me LOL.

as for drivvel, could full well be, tis a rumour fella.

I feel that Simeon Jackson would be a great signing! He would give us one of the main assets we are missing in attack which is pace.

I also think we desperately need an alternative to Rickie as well because when he is not in the team we don't have a target to aim for upfront. We don't have another striker that is over 6ft tall (except maybe Papa Waigo).

waht about that Majewski bloke who played for forest tonight in midfield. Currently on loan from a polish team and has been a goal scoring central midfielder all season for them.

as far as i know, he's back to poland in the summer as Forest aren't buying him

waht about that Majewski bloke who played for forest tonight in midfield. Currently on loan from a polish team and has been a goal scoring central midfielder all season for them.

as far as i know, he's back to poland in the summer as Forest aren't buying him

He signed permanently for Forest on the 5th of this month.

Freddie Eastwood as an alternative to Lambert? Now that Coventry failed to get promoted within 2 years Sansom and SISU are going to want their money back! They've already sacked the manager and sold a few players.

Nathan Tyson from Forest to give us some pace? Forest gave got far too many strikers.

Both have been top scorers in League 1 in the past I believe.

I think we'll take a look at Adam Le Fondre and Simeon Jackson though. And I have a feeling Connolly, Waigo and maybe even Barnard will leave.

I hope we get our priorities right.

We NEED a stand-in for Morgan. Look at the stats over the last 2 seasons. We're a different team when he's not playing (or a bit off-form).

Anything else is just icing on the cake, IMHO.

We NEED a stand-in for Morgan. Look at the stats over the last 2 seasons. We're a different team when he's not playing (or a bit off-form).

I definitely agree with the fact that we need an alternative to Morgan because we lack creativity from central midfield when Morgan is missing. I believe AP is gonna go back in for Brian Stock from Doncaster in the summer. I'm not sure if he is a creative midfield player but he has played at Championship level so he could easily do a job for us.

I would like to see Danns and Ambrose signed from Crystal Palace, but it looks like Danns will follow Warnock to QPR and Ambrose is being eyed up by Wolves.

On the striker front, Lisbie is an option as a replacement for Lambert but my only reservation with him is his age. Roy O'Donovan has done a job for Hartlepool this season and it looks like he will be available on a free transfer from Sunderland during the summer so that would be a good signing. I still think Simeon Jackson is the best bet in the pace stakes though!

Freddie Eastwood as an alternative to Lambert? Now that Coventry failed to get promoted within 2 years Sansom and SISU are going to want their money back! They've already sacked the manager and sold a few players.

Nathan Tyson from Forest to give us some pace? Forest gave got far too many strikers.

Both have been top scorers in League 1 in the past I believe.

I think we'll take a look at Adam Le Fondre and Simeon Jackson though. And I have a feeling Connolly, Waigo and maybe even Barnard will leave.

Sansom? I assume you mean Ray Ranson? But we could do worse.

I agree, and on that note I see a few clubs are after Ritchie Jones who is not re-signing for Hartlepool, is he any good and if so would he be right for Saints?

I agree, and on that note I see a few clubs are after Ritchie Jones who is not re-signing for Hartlepool, is he any good and if so would he be right for Saints?

Didn't really stand out at SMS. Sent off at their place though. Used to be on United's books.

Didn't really stand out at SMS. Sent off at their place though. Used to be on United's books.

I reckon we should give Jamie White in this position during pre-season, I think he may just manage to lift AP's eyebrows.