The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

John Brayford's move from Crewe to Derby isn't a definite yet according to Dario Gradi. Might be worth pipping Derby to signing him. He's 22, right back, team of the year, club captain, Gradi thinks he's awesome. Would fill our right back void for 5-8 years.

Potentially a good choice and prospect,although expect he will end up at Derby as rumoured.

Perhaps we could get Beattie back as a back-up for Rickie. Similar players, JB likes it down south, and likes the red & white stripes (don't tell him we wont be wearing stripes next season), reckon he could hack it in the 3rd division, can't see him staying at Stoke.

Perhaps we could get Beattie back as a back-up for Rickie. Similar players, JB likes it down south, and likes the red & white stripes (don't tell him we wont be wearing stripes next season), reckon he could hack it in the 3rd division, can't see him staying at Stoke.

Even if he's limited to reserve team football and the odd sub cameo at Stoke, I can't see him dropping down to L1 to play second fiddle to Rickie. However, Beatts and Rickie up front with Connolly/Barnard/Lallana sparking off them would rip this league up completely. MAKE IT HAPPEN PARDS! :D

Beattie is on roughly £35k p/w

Lambert (Saint's top earner) is on roughly £8k or £9k p/w

Unlikely Beattie...

a) Would fit into the wage structure

b) Would be signed as a reserve for Rickie

c) Would play as a partner with Rickie

d) Would play in League One

Edited by Matthew Le God

Beattie could walk into 5 or 6 Prem teams, anyone thinking he would drop into League 1 is in dreamland.

If he could walk into 5 or 6 Prem teams why was it only Stoke that were interested? he was at Sheff Utd remember before Pulis took him to the Potteries. He has had a major fall out with Pulis and probably does not figure in his plans. Maybe Pulis would loan hm to us and take his son as a makeweight or do I mean lightweight :)

Of course Beatts is on high wages compared to l1, and I'm sure he is not looking to drop down to L1. My suggestion was meant to be light-hearted, but it is as sensible as most others on here. I think Beattie would make a half-decent back up for Rickie but it ain't gonna happen.

if we are getting someone in as backup from Rickie Lambert they are going to have to be willing to sit on the bench all season. I'd of thought that means we are looking for a big tall youngster. Why then did we let Mat Patterson go? Seems the ideal man to have had in reserve to me.

if we are getting someone in as backup from Rickie Lambert they are going to have to be willing to sit on the bench all season. I'd of thought that means we are looking for a big tall youngster. Why then did we let Mat Patterson go? Seems the ideal man to have had in reserve to me.

I don't think we even need a striker. Lambert, Connolly and Barnard is a good set, especially if Pardew has plans to play 4-5-1 on occasion next season. Potentially adding the attacking threats of Antonio and Waigo would add to that too.

Of course, this could all be moot, if we lose one of the three, lose Pards or don't sign Waigo or Antonio.

ffs...proper nutters on here

beattie

dave kitson

gary o'neil

Dave Wheater

LOL

Gary O'Neil and Beattie are unrealistic, but why Kitson? Fallen out with Pulis, and was on loan in the Champ last year. Wheater is not the same player he was 2 years ago, and they're spending another year in the Championship under a poor manager.

They are unrealistic.

We would have to break our wage structure to afford them, they wouldn't drop down unless we offered them a massive wedge.

Then you would have the likes of Lallana, Lambert, Fonte, Morgan, Davis all ****ed off and wanting that sort of money. Breaking a wage structure by such a massive amount at our level is never going to be worth it.

Hopefully we can attract a few more players like Fonte and Lambert and get promoted, then we can look at those sort of players.

People like Danns, Clyne, Ward etc are realistic targets.

Edited by Andy_Porter

I don't think it's going to happen personally, I think the early cup games will see a Barnard and Connolly strike force and Pardew will have to hope that works if ever Lambert gets injured.

We could sign a target man type striker coming towards the end of their career to sit on the bench and come on when needed but I can't see us taking on a youngster who would be able to do the job any better than Barnard.

Gary O'Neil and Beattie are unrealistic, but why Kitson? Fallen out with Pulis, and was on loan in the Champ last year. Wheater is not the same player he was 2 years ago, and they're spending another year in the Championship under a poor manager.

WGS is not a poor manager...dear god

I don't think it's going to happen personally, I think the early cup games will see a Barnard and Connolly strike force and Pardew will have to hope that works if ever Lambert gets injured.

We could sign a target man type striker coming towards the end of their career to sit on the bench and come on when needed but I can't see us taking on a youngster who would be able to do the job any better than Barnard.

The Echo said Pardew wanted a backup for Lambert:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/8135095.Saints_keen_on_Black_Cat_Roy_/

What about Tom Craddock the young Luton striker?? I'm sure we were linked with him in the summer and also Luton will be stuck in the Blue Square again for at least another season. 6ft, 23yrs old, could be realistic cover for Lambert?

The only positions we need to add to are RB and CM

Hopefully Pards won't get a rush of blood to the head and grab an uneccessary marquee striker signing.

The 1st XIs pretty much fine. Just need a bit more squad depth

Well. Southgate was seen as a very poor manager, but he was still doing a better job, with less money, than WGS.

riiiight...so no time for WGS to get his own team in then...

the day southgate gets a team (with a lowe like person involved) to a cup final and europe and then take a team from the CCC standard to the champions league group stages is the day I think WGS is not as good

the day southgate gets a team (with a lowe like person involved) to a cup final and europe and then take a team from the CCC standard to the champions league group stages is the day I think WGS is not as good

Agreed, WGS had a fairly average start at Saints coming in way after the season had started, as he has done at Boro. But after a full pre-season and time to get his own team and backroom set-up we then finished 8th after his first full season in charge.

I reckon next season Boro will do very well.

Pipe down will you. I'm not saying he didn't do well here, however, he took a team that was 3rd in the table down to 9th. That wasn't what Gibson wanted. He's also had a shedload of money to spend there.

By the way, I thought you were one of the dissenters at the fact that we're not in the playoffs. Does that time not count for Pardew?

Pipe down will you. I'm not saying he didn't do well here, however, he took a team that was 3rd in the table down to 9th. That wasn't what Gibson wanted. He's also had a shedload of money to spend there.

By the way, I thought you were one of the dissenters at the fact that we're not in the playoffs. Does that time not count for Pardew?

are you saying WGS is a crap manager..?

Beattie is on roughly £35k p/w

Lambert (Saint's top earner) is on roughly £8k or £9k p/w

Unlikely Beattie...

a) Would fit into the wage structure

b) Would be signed as a reserve for Rickie

c) Would play as a partner with Rickie

d) Would play in League One

Beattie is not worth £35k in my opinion

Here's another wild guess based on a sports news report on BBC Radio Sussex this morning, and I quote - "Brighton's Spanish full back Calderon (I think) has had his contract offer withdrawn by the club because he wants to talk to Southampton"

I expect, however, there may be many players who want to talk to us but Radio Sussex sport guys are pretty close to Brighton & HA and are usually ITK.