The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

AP was praising Darren Ambrose as the best player on the pitch today.With Palace's money problems you never know !?

Owen Garvan from Ipswich maybe another realistic target as apparently he doesn't get on with Roy Keane according to Ipswich supporting mates.

We will no doubt try for Neil Danns again but he will probably end up at QPR.

Brian Stock could be a realistic target this summer?

I expect 3 or 4 real quality signings for this league who would all hold their own in the ccc

I don't understand most of you lot. You set your sights so low. Championship and League 1 players will be released in most cases because they are not good enough for their respective teams. What on earth do we want them for. We're aiming to be fighting for a place in the premiership the season after next and it's that kind of potential quality we have to be looking for while strengthening the Academy for the future. We have a very wealthy owner for FFS. He's hardly going to want to waste his money on a load of rejected journeyman from elsewhere is he. Anyone for the likes Stern John again!!! God help us.

Everything about us at the moment is pointing upwards. We have to be ambitious but if we sign some of the players being advocated on this thread I'm not going to rush to places like Gillingham and Stockport again in a hurry.

I don't understand most of you lot. You set your sights so low. Championship and League 1 players will be released in most cases because they are not good enough for their respective teams. What on earth do we want them for. We're aiming to be fighting for a place in the premiership the season after next and it's that kind of potential quality we have to be looking for while strengthening the Academy for the future. We have a very wealthy owner for FFS. He's hardly going to want to waste his money on a load of rejected journeyman from elsewhere is he. Anyone for the likes Stern John again!!! God help us.

Everything about us at the moment is pointing upwards. We have to be ambitious but if we sign some of the players being advocated on this thread I'm not going to rush to places like Gillingham and Stockport again in a hurry.

This more to your liking?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=22143

In most cases they are not great but look at the examples of players like Darren Ambrose, released last season and probably in the top 5 championship players of the season this year. And for us look at Harding and Jaidi, released by championship teams Ipswich and Birmingham(champ in 08/09) last season and they have been great for us.

At the start of July there are some great players available on a free.

Is that not what we got Hammond for, so he could do just that for us?

we need a CM to push Hammond and Morgan, their places are too easy at the moment and if they're fit - they're in there.

The lack of quality backup in CM is scary - so we do need another ''midfield'' general to spice things up a bit and to put some competitive pressure on the current 2 in there.

The name Brian Stock,keeps coming up on a rumour site[Would be good], and heaven

forbid the return of Rasiak,has come on the site today,as another rumour.

Rasiak is unlikely in my view, the club were allegedly delighted that Reading paid them a fee and relieved them of the wages. Stock would be a great signing although his recent injury record is a concern, we do need a quality CM to compete with Hammond. Depending on what happens with Antonio, I would expect the Adomah rumours to have legs as a pace outlet to develop. Martin's impressively mature start yesterday may mean a new CB is less likely.

Looks like we are less likely to be trailing Le Fondre from Rotherham as Pardew wants a taller targetman to shadow Lambert. Right-back is the priority, Semi is never going to be up to it and ditto James. James really needed a good showing yesterday, I thought he'd had some decent games in midfield covering Hammond but perhaps Pardew has lost a bit of confidence in him. Semi, James, Lancashire, Gillett, Thomas all to go IMO, Perry to retire.

Yes, but are the likes of Harding and Jaidi (who'll be about 36 the season after next) going to be the kind of players to take us to the top of the Championship. There's a pretty big jump in quality from League 1 to the upper echelons of the Championship similar to what there used to be between the old second and first divisions.

While the likes of Xavi and Messi may be out of our reach (just!!) we have to aim so much higher than many on here (not all by any means) are advocating. Let's look towards the top of the Championship and, also , some in the Prem who aren't quite cutting it but are hungry for another challenge. I know nothing about Hayden Mullins who has been mentioned on here (other than that he's with a club that cheats) but maybe we're looking in the right area when players with current Prem experience are being linked to the club.

Rasiak is unlikely in my view, the club were allegedly delighted that Reading paid them a fee and relieved them of the wages. Stock would be a great signing although his recent injury record is a concern, we do need a quality CM to compete with Hammond. Depending on what happens with Antonio, I would expect the Adomah rumours to have legs as a pace outlet to develop. Martin's impressively mature start yesterday may mean a new CB is less likely.

Looks like we are less likely to be trailing Le Fondre from Rotherham as Pardew wants a taller targetman to shadow Lambert. Right-back is the priority, Semi is never going to be up to it and ditto James. James really needed a good showing yesterday, I thought he'd had some decent games in midfield covering Hammond but perhaps Pardew has lost a bit of confidence in him. Semi, James, Lancashire, Gillett, Thomas all to go IMO, Perry to retire.

AP, and you, are quite right that we haven't got anybody in place of Lambert. The problem is that a quality targetman who could do that job won't be happy to sit on the bench waiting for Lambert to be injured. And what else do you do with him since I can't recall anybody playing successfully with two targetmen. At Saints I can remember Dowie and Moody being played together, which was a bit of a nightmare.

My personal solution to this and many other dilemmas is to play a more flexible system which allows us to do different things without a total re-think if Lambert's head is not available as a target. Unfortunately we have now got two other strikers in Connolly and Barnard who seems not to be able to play any other role than that of a foil to a target man.

I go with all your intended releases plus another half a douzen who are littering the reserves training ground without a hope of ever getting a first team game.

Gavin McCann- Bolton. Not had many appearances this season so potentially available. Also played with other Prem clubs. Bought from villa for £1M so could be a decent price?

Scott Sinclair- Chelsea (on loan to wigan). Spent most of his career on loan to championship clubs so potentially worth a cheeky loan bid as this seems to be his role.

Oliver Kapo- Wigan. Frenchman played for his country in under-21. Now 30 so has experience. Played for various English and foreign clubs. Scored a fair few goals. Only played once this season so like McCann potentially available?

Mathew Etherington- Stoke. 27 so again has experience, frequent player with ‘pace and creativity’ according to Stoke’s website. Not scored loads of goals but the creativity mentioned could be useful.

Gavin McCann- Bolton. Not had many appearances this season so potentially available. Also played with other Prem clubs. Bought from villa for £1M so could be a decent price?

Scott Sinclair- Chelsea (on loan to wigan). Spent most of his career on loan to championship clubs so potentially worth a cheeky loan bid as this seems to be his role.

Oliver Kapo- Wigan. Frenchman played for his country in under-21. Now 30 so has experience. Played for various English and foreign clubs. Scored a fair few goals. Only played once this season so like McCann potentially available?

Mathew Etherington- Stoke. 27 so again has experience, frequent player with ‘pace and creativity’ according to Stoke’s website. Not scored loads of goals but the creativity mentioned could be useful.

:lol:

:smt037

In most cases they are not great but look at the examples of players like Darren Ambrose, released last season and probably in the top 5 championship players of the season this year. And for us look at Harding and Jaidi, released by championship teams Ipswich and Birmingham(champ in 08/09) last season and they have been great for us.

At the start of July there are some great players available on a free.

ambrose has scored 20 goals from midfield for a team that survived on the last day of the season...

lallana is still (almost) trying to get 20 for this season

TDD and Saint_Clark, they weren't entirely unreasonable suggestions. Can't see Etherington leaving Stoke, but McCann and Kapo have fallen out of favour and could be tempted here. Sinclair won't be breaking into the Chelsea first team anytime soon, and considering he went on loan to Plymouth 3 times in 4 years, I reckon he'd be more than happy to come to L1 and win a title with us.

Pardew has said he'll be bringing in players that would be great in the CCC, and these are some very fair suggestions. You could end up being very surprised come August with some of the signings we make, believe me. I got chatting to a security guard at SMS the other day, and he took me into this back office and showed me a picture of all the players that we'll be signing this summer! :D

(No, but seriously, fair suggestions.)

If we don't keep Connolly, how about a cheeky bid for Andy Johnson? Not getting a game at Fulham - they've moved on without him. With his recent injury record, not many Championship clubs would gamble on him.

Still think Gary McSheffrey has a good player in him somewhere (cue gay inuendo's) despite his recent form suggesting otherwise.

Brian Howard is in his prime and could do a job.

George Boyd would be a good signing and his position at Posh isn't great - currently out on loan at Forest where he hasnt been playing but he did score today.

Nicky Bailey would be amazing - would love to sign him.

well..seeing as etherington has just won THREE player of the season awards at Stoke..cant quite see him dropping not only one..but two divisions and pay

Hence the:

Can't see Etherington leaving Stoke
in my last post.

The other 3 are all reasonable suggestions and would be great signings for us imo.

Ah, so this is the Olivier Kapo who played for Juventus 14 times in 3 years? That'll be the same one that's played for Wigan 20 times in 2 years as well then. He's been sent out on loan to Boulogne, pretty much the French equivalent of Hull or P*mpey. Hardly Lionel f*cking Messi is he?

Just because somebody has played for Juventus doesn't necessarily make them an absolutely amazing uber-player. I'd say that Kapo is more than reasonable as a transfer target in the summer, and i'd be very happy if he joined us, unlike you who seems to be contented with just slagging off everything to do with the club, even stretching to ruling out potential transfer targets because they once played for a good club. You should go out for a drink with Alpine Saint someday, you two would have a ball.

Ah, so this is the Olivier Kapo who played for Juventus 14 times in 3 years? That'll be the same one that's played for Wigan 20 times in 2 years as well then. He's been sent out on loan to Boulogne, pretty much the French equivalent of Hull or P*mpey.

Just because somebody has played for Juventus doesn't necessarily make them an absolutely amazing uber-player. I'd say that Kapo is more than reasonable as a transfer target in the summer, and i'd be very happy if he joined us, unlike you who seems to be contented with just slagging off everything to do with the club, even stretching to ruling out potential transfer targets because they once played for a good club. You should go out for a drink with Alpine Saint someday, you two would have a ball.

ok..if you think he will go from around £30-40k a week to £3-4k a week..then great

where have I slagged off "everything" about the club..? why are you mentioning Alpine..?

Maybe marlon harewood -one of pards people- at an age where he would conceivably drop down for first-team action and a new challenge.

This is a possibility, he was on loan at Forest I believe and didn't perform very well. Another division down might be on the cards.

ok..if you think he will go from around £30-40k a week to £3-4k a week..then great

where have I slagged off "everything" about the club..? why are you mentioning Alpine..?

FM (being the fount of knowledge that it is), states he's on £20k a week. That is a bit too much, but he is a Prem player after all. Some of the other Premiership players that people are talking about on here will be on much higher than that, but it doesn't rule them out. Kapo might easily take a pay cut in return for regular first team football and the chance to help take a team back up to the Premiership. He's on loan at Boulogne for christ's sake, I know i'd much rather drop a few divisions than end up at that sh!te hole for the rest of my career.

Perhaps you don't slag off everything about the club, but you are certainly one of the "glass half empty bunch" that seems happiest when we lose and you have something to complain about. That's just my two cents anyway. Having not met you, it would be unfair to say you're a c*nt, but that's how it comes across sometimes. The internet can be a cruel mistress.

Mikey, there are some players in the Prem we would have a chance of signing - David Jones at Wolves, Bikey at Burnley - Kapo is definitely NOT one of them.

I'd say we have more chance of signing Kapo than either of those players tbh, Bikey especially. Bikey will go to a mid-Prem club in the window and Jones is getting more and more involved in the first team action at Molineux, so I can't see him leaving to drop down 2 divisions. Kapo on the other hand, isn't valued by the Wigan management and is on loan at Boulogne, who are currently 19th in the French Ligue 1. He's played for Wigan 20 times in 2 years, and those appearances were mainly because of injury problems in the squad. I don't see why he wouldn't come here tbh. Maybe a bit of a long shot, there may be CCC and even Prem clubs interested, but definitely worth a try.

£20k a week..plus bonuses that we certainly could no where near pay..what motivation would he have..? been at juve, been in the prem..other than first team football (which is a given for any footballer) what motivation would he have..?

image rights..boot deals, commercial deals, sponsorships will all turn into nothing (in comparison) the minute he is not a premier league player

again, saying something completely sensible that thinking we could sign KAPO is daft, is not negative or slagging the club off.

Mikey, there are some players in the Prem we would have a chance of signing - David Jones at Wolves, Bikey at Burnley - Kapo is definitely NOT one of them.

More chance of signing Kapo then David Jones! Jones has been Wolves' best player since January.

£20k a week..plus bonuses that we certainly could no where near pay..what motivation would he have..? been at juve, been in the prem..other than first team football (which is a given for any footballer) what motivation would he have..?

image rights..boot deals, commercial deals, sponsorships will all turn into nothing (in comparison) the minute he is not a premier league player

again, saying something completely sensible that thinking we could sign KAPO is daft, is not negative or slagging the club off.

There certainly is the money aspect, but Fonte could've easily moved to a Prem club in January had Palace touted him around a bit. Lallana was rumoured to be off to a Prem club at the start of the season, but Pardew convinced him to stay. I don't see why Pardew couldn't convince Kapo that coming here would be a great option as well.

Looking through this thread though TDD, you've done a lot of "he won't come here" or "there's no way this will happen", there is a lot of negativity in the stuff you put on here. Jus' sayin'.

How is saying KAPO, a player who has consistantly been on top league money for god knows how long won't come here be negative?

What has that got to do with saints?

We are a division 3 team. Sorry, but seriously cannot see kapo, andy Johnson, etherington or almost anyone at that level or stature coming to us whilst we are at this level

As for fonte, he took alot of persueding if I remember rightly. Add that to the fact palace had no choice but sell and he would not have been on anywhere near the sort of money kapo has been used to for years

Again, if that is negative. Then shoot me

How is saying KAPO, a player who has consistantly been on top league money for hod knows how long won't come here be negative?

What has that got to do with saints?

We are a division 3 team. Sorry, but seriously cannot see kapp, andy Johnson, etherington or almost anyone at that level or stature coming to us whilst we are at this level

As for fonte, he took alot of persueding if I remember rightly. Add that to the fact palace had no choice but sell and he would not have been on anywhere near the sort of money kapo has been used to for years

Again, if that is negative. Then shoot me

:smt071

Ok. Here is my list. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a negative ****

James Beattie

Wayne bridge

Gary Neville

Theo Walcott (loan)

David James

Belhadj

Roque Santa cruz

All have had issues and/or hardly play these days. So why not.

I take back what I said earlier, it is fair to say you're a c*nt.

I'll know not to bite next time, WUMming it up on a Sunday evening :rolleyes:

Maybe marlon harewood -one of pards people- at an age where he would conceivably drop down for first-team action and a new challenge.

He is an immense signing on FM10. Less than a million and scored 45 goals in the league for me. I say this as if we sign him, I expect nothing less than that ;)

Henri Lansbury and Tom Cleverley who are on loan at Watford from Arsenal and M.Utd are two young, goalscoring midfielders who like to get forward.

The later has got 11 goals this season and Lansbury has got 5.

Maybe a loan to buy deal for either?

personally, i think we need to look at top half championship teams. some players i have come up with are:

Liam Rosenior- Ipswich (on loan from reading). good proven championship right back, spent a season at torquey so knows a bit about lower leagues.

Bradley Orr- Bristol City. played his carrer at championship level, maybe not wanting to drop down a level though

Angel Rangel- Swansey. spanish right back in a team who has not conceded many goals this season. A tall player at 6"2, but again may not want to drop down from a team who was knocking on the championship play-offs this season.

Good point - Pardew has said that he wants to build a team now to get out of the Championship. You wont do that by buying L1 quality players so definately top end Championship players is the way to go.

Pardew will no doubt try to tempt them with: 1. A league winners medal next year; 2. the real prospect of getting to the Premiership soon after.

I think that Fonte has set the bar at the right level, anyone else coming in needs to be as good.

Will follow with interest what happens at Kenilworth Rd today. Luton 1-0 down from first leg of the play-offs. Still think Craddock could be a good shout and even more likely to want to leave if they fail to get promoted.

Preston North End are releasing the following...

Eddie Nolan

Liam Chilvers

Richard Chaplow

Neil Mellor

Michael Hart

Darren Carter

Neal Trotman

Stephen Elliott

Neill Collins

Chris Sedgwick

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10362~2041719,00.html

Some very good players in there all available on free transfers!

For a start getting Chaplow again, would be great competition for Hammond and Schneiderlin.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Preston North End are releasing the following...

Eddie Nolan

Liam Chilvers

Richard Chaplow

Neil Mellor

Michael Hart

Darren Carter

Neal Trotman

Stephen Elliott

Neill Collins

Chris Sedgwick

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10362~2041719,00.html

Some very good players in there all available on free transfers!

For a start getting Chaplow again, would be great competition for Hammond and Schneiderlin.

Chaplow and Collins would be decent.