The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Checking up on Dawson, appears he's out of contract too at the end of the season, as is Scott Donnelly at Aldershot, who's mentioned earlier in this thread...

Are you talking about Stephen Dawson, if so that is great news. The only negative is that he is only 5'6".

Dawson though has also been linked to Fulham and the yids ...I suspect he might prefer a club at a higher level.

I assume you are talking about Craig rather than Stephen?

If Jaidi doesn't sign a new deal then we need another `unit'. Someone like Danny ****tu perhaps?

Jaidi has another year to run i think?

can't imagine him playing too much next season anyway, he struggles to play 2 games in a week atm!

cracking player to have in the squad though.

If you can believe that of course. I really think that AP has been at fault over Gillett this season. Plenty of occasions to play him and see what he could offer with no loss of face, most would play him every time instead of Wotton but no he's just cast aside into the footballing garbage bin.Same with Gobern, not even a sniff when we had plenty of opportunity to give him a try .

Jimmy Abodu (Millwall) is one I would like to see.

I presume that you didn't see him play for Millwall against Huddersfield the other night?

I know that you shouldn't make judgements on players based on one game but my god he was awful and based on that performance possibly the worst player I have seen in League one all season.

He hid from the ball and when it did fall to him he promptly gave it back to huddersfield and was a major reason, along with their right back, why Huddersfield were so dominant and won the game.

For that alone i would hate to see him at Saints as he cost us a realistic chance of the playoffs.

rant over:(

Would be a very good signing and a clear sign that Rickie's going nowhere.

I thought that Lines was perhaps best described as "average but promising",so not sure where he would fit in or who he would replace.

Why should Lines indicate anything about Lambert staying?

I presume that you didn't see him play for Millwall against Huddersfield the other night?

I know that you shouldn't make judgements on players based on one game but my god he was awful and based on that performance possibly the worst player I have seen in League one all season.

He hid from the ball and when it did fall to him he promptly gave it back to huddersfield and was a major reason, along with their right back, why Huddersfield were so dominant and won the game.

For that alone i would hate to see him at Saints as he cost us a realistic chance of the playoffs.

rant over:(

Liam Trotter currently on loan at Millwall from Ipswich is a better player IMO. If Millwall fail he might be bought from under their noses.

Did he ever sign that elusive new contract with Rovers?

he did. He isn't coming here. Why sign a new deal? The money we spend on a transfer fee coukld have gone straight into his pocket in wages. Players are sometimes stupid, but when it comes to money agents are not.

Did Beckford ever sign a new contract? If Leeds fail to go up, would it be worth offering him a cheeky contract?

It's one im unsure of myself. Seems to have ability, and definitely a goalscorer at this level. But does seem to have a poor attitude.

People's thoughts? Obviously if he has signed a contract extension please disregard this.

Just cos they're best mates.

Hows about Nicky Butt as a nice back-up CM for one season?

Rumour is that Nicky Butt is going to Preston - obviously knows Darren Ferguson from his (brief) time at Man Ure.

If we can sign Antonio & Papa Waigo - we need a goalkeeper, right back, centre back & defensive midfielder - we've got plenty going forward for this league but we need to shore it up at the back.

Did Beckford ever sign a new contract? If Leeds fail to go up, would it be worth offering him a cheeky contract?

It's one im unsure of myself. Seems to have ability, and definitely a goalscorer at this level. But does seem to have a poor attitude.

People's thoughts? Obviously if he has signed a contract extension please disregard this.

Overrated.

Would struggle above L1 level, could be okay in CCC but lost in Prem.

He's not got the physical strength to hold the ball up, he is quite quick but that's underpinned by his lack of acceleration, and his attitude is awful sometimes. Ever since he scored against Man Utd he started to believe his own hype and got complacent at a time when Leeds were relying on his goals to retain their lofty position in the league. I can't see Leeds not going up now anyway, they seem to have found their feet again when it matters.

That Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on loan at Doncaster has scored quite a few since moving there on loan from Arsenal, can play in front of the back 4 and in CM but does well going forward. According to his Wiki page he can also play up-front if needs be.

At 6ft 2 and only 19 he looks promising..

A cheeky bid or loan for the season?

That Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on loan at Doncaster has scored quite a few since moving there on loan from Arsenal, can play in front of the back 4 and in CM but does well going forward. According to his Wiki page he can also play up-front if needs be.

At 6ft 2 and only 19 he looks promising..

A cheeky bid or loan for the season?

relations between Wenger and Pardew may dictate those chances...

billy sharp/gary hooper, antonio, waigo, racon/semedo, orr and a centre back please

One of my bosses lives in the same building as a player (who I won't name) and speaks to him very regularly. He has been told Pardew will be given a £10m transfer budget for the summer to win league 1 and go for promotion to the Prem the season after.

One of my bosses lives in the same building as a player (who I won't name) and speaks to him very regularly. He has been told Pardew will be given a £10m transfer budget for the summer to win league 1 and go for promotion to the Prem the season after.

I don't know...will 10 million be enough? I thought we had an owner that thought big but turns out he's a miser that wants to do things on the cheap. BOO!

Would a player know what budget pardew has or has not been given? Can't see that is something openly divulged to players?

i doubt anyone will know the exact budget, but pardew has said he wants to build a championship squad ''now'' - rather than wait another year.

If we can attract Fonte when we are 15th in L1, then who knows what our limit will be in the summer?

i wonder if we'll even try to bring a few prem player's not getting a game?

Plus of course a modern day Alan Ball or Jimmy Case to command midfield.

But then again we've been needing one of them since Case left in c1991.

I have to agree, someone who can still bring a pot to the party but cannot quite hold down a place in a Premiership club, Paul Scholes would be good, may be Nicky Butt, along those lines may be.

I have to agree, someone who can still bring a pot to the party but cannot quite hold down a place in a Premiership club, Paul Scholes would be good, may be Nicky Butt, along those lines may be.

Lee Carsley? out of contract at birmingham in the summer i think.

If you can believe that of course. I really think that AP has been at fault over Gillett this season. Plenty of occasions to play him and see what he could offer with no loss of face, most would play him every time instead of Wotton but no he's just cast aside into the footballing garbage bin.Same with Gobern, not even a sniff when we had plenty of opportunity to give him a try .

That's unfair on AP

He clearly doesn't rate Gillett, but there again neither does a large percentage of posters on here

That's unfair on AP

He clearly doesn't rate Gillett, but there again neither does a large percentage of posters on here

In the same way that a lot of posters on here didn't rate Fuller, Delap, Higginbottom, Dyer, Oakley, Leon Best, Kenwynne Jones, Peter Crouch or James Beattie?

In the same way that a lot of posters on here didn't rate Fuller, Delap, Higginbottom, Dyer, Oakley, Leon Best, Kenwynne Jones, Peter Crouch or James Beattie?

I don't think there were many that didn't rate Oakley, Jones, Crouch or Beattie. You're surely not putting Gillett in their class?

Fuller was sh!t for us but his knee was shot, he was a good player before and has been since. Delap and Higginbotham were decent players for us, although again Delap's injury held him back (he never lived up to his price tag, though).

As for Best and Dyer, I'm glad they no longer have anything to do with our club.

At fault?

And what opportunity since the start of the season has Pardew had to play him, I know Wotton is terrible but until Saturday we have had something to play for in every game.

Gillett played a few games when he was on loan at Donny in October/November but I can't see him coming in for the last 2 games or next season- he will probably leave with many other fringe/useless players like Molyneux, Pulis and all the other Lowe garbage.

Right-Back's we could look at:

Nathaniel Clyne- Crystal Palace: Young player who's quick and Palace need the money- maybe a cheeky double offer for him and Danns?

Frank Simek- Sheffield Wednesday : American who's experienced but only 6 games under his belt this season.

Adrian Mariappa- Watford: 23 year-old who has captained his team earlier this season and can play centre-back as well as right-back although CB is his natural position.

Sam Hutchinson- Chelsea: Can also play centre-back but prefered at RB. Came on against Stoke yesterday to set-up Frank Lampard to put Chelsea 5-0 up.

Kyle Walker- Spurs: Played regularly for Sheffield United when on loan there until January when he was called back as cover by Spurs. Played solidly in a 2-0 win over Pompey.

Moritz Volz: As mentioned before, still unattached and has prem experience at Fulham- still only 27 so a very good age to give him a 2 year deal.

Any other suggestions?

At fault?

And what opportunity since the start of the season has Pardew had to play him, I know Wotton is terrible but until Saturday we have had something to play for in every game.

Gillett played a few games when he was on loan at Donny in October/November but I can't see him coming in for the last 2 games or next season- he will probably leave with many other fringe/useless players like Molyneux, Pulis and all the other Lowe garbage.

Right-Back's we could look at:

Nathaniel Clyne- Crystal Palace: Young player who's quick and Palace need the money- maybe a cheeky double offer for him and Danns?

Frank Simek- Sheffield Wednesday : American who's experienced but only 6 games under his belt this season.

Adrian Mariappa- Watford: 23 year-old who has captained his team earlier this season and can play centre-back as well as right-back although CB is his natural position.

Sam Hutchinson- Chelsea: Can also play centre-back but prefered at RB. Came on against Stoke yesterday to set-up Frank Lampard to put Chelsea 5-0 up.

Kyle Walker- Spurs: Played regularly for Sheffield United when on loan there until January when he was called back as cover by Spurs. Played solidly in a 2-0 win over Pompey.

Moritz Volz: As mentioned before, still unattached and has prem experience at Fulham- still only 27 so a very good age to give him a 2 year deal.

Any other suggestions?

Clyne; will be attracting much higher clubs than us - could look at a loan bid

Simek; think we can do better than a player who can't get in a soon to be relegated championship side

Marriapa; don't think he will drop

Hutchinson; I think will be around the Chelsea first squad, especially after listening to 5 live earlier

Wlaker; great shout - think he will end up on loan at a CCC club though

Volz; maybe but big concerns over his ability to stay fit (a la Murty and Connoly)

Leon Best?

Won't get a look in with Newcastle next season in the premier league, could be a good signing on Loan with a view to a premanent deal.

Same with Sam Vokes who I'd love to see in a Southampton shirt. He's Still only 20 and would be fantastic back up for Lambert.

RB - Seamus Coleman on loan for the season.

CM - personally i'd try a bid for Jason Koumas. But more realistically maybe Leigertwood from QPR, or McCann from Scunny.

CB - If Leeds don't go up then we have to try and sign Kisnorbo.

Koumas would be an amazing signing, probably not too unrealistic either.

Puncheon, Koumas and Lallana playing behind Lambert would destroy anything in League one.

Leon Best?

Won't get a look in with Newcastle next season in the premier league, could be a good signing on Loan with a view to a premanent deal.

Same with Sam Vokes who I'd love to see in a Southampton shirt. He's Still only 20 and would be fantastic back up for Lambert.

We should try permanently for Vokesy imo, i'm sure as a massive Saints fan he'd love to join and help get us promoted. He did go on loan to Leeds this season (or was it last season?), so if he's prepared to drop down for Leeds i'm sure he'd drop down for his team! Having a rotation of Lambo, Vokesy and Barney with Connolly popping up for a cameo every now and then would be absolutely brilliant!

We should try permanently for Vokesy imo, i'm sure as a massive Saints fan he'd love to join and help get us promoted. He did go on loan to Leeds this season (or was it last season?), so if he's prepared to drop down for Leeds i'm sure he'd drop down for his team! Having a rotation of Lambo, Vokesy and Barney with Connolly popping up for a cameo every now and then would be absolutely brilliant!

Was at Leeds this season and didn't get much of a look in, would just be brilliant to get him here. At 20 he's only going to get better with strikers like Lambert and Connolly helping him in training.

He wanted to join us when he left Bournemouth but we where obviously skint at the time.

And Angel Rangel whilst we're at it? :smt043

Also Emmanuel Panther from whatever team he's at now, think he's plying his trade in the Scottish league.

In all seriousness though, what about trying to get Tim Sparv back? He came through our academy but left because he was homesick when he turned 18. Was very highly thought of at his time here and he's an international for Finland. Worth a try?