The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Antonio said after Charlton that he's happy here as 18 months ago he was in non-league football and he is delighted to be playing for "a big club like Southampton".

He will sign on small wages and another great spot from Pardew :)

You think after the season he's had that other clubs, including ones from the Championship, will be looking at him? He talks in his latest interview about how he's "put himself in the shop window". And when asked whether he'd like to sign for Saints he avoids the matter and says "I don't want to talk about the future, what happens in the summer will happen in the summer".

You think after the season he's had that other clubs, including ones from the Championship, will be looking at him? He talks in his latest interview about how he's "put himself in the shop window". And when asked whether he'd like to sign for Saints he avoids the matter and says "I don't want to talk about the future, what happens in the summer will happen in the summer".

Sounds like he rates himself quite highly and is waiting for a higher placed club to come in for him. It wouldn't be a disaster if he didn't sign, so I don't see why people would be worried.

Sounds like he rates himself quite highly and is waiting for a higher placed club to come in for him. It wouldn't be a disaster if he didn't sign, so I don't see why people would be worried.

Which is a bit premature considering he was knocking around infront of one man and a dog in the non-league and then latterly Reading reserves.

I like Antonio and I genuinely think he has immense potential. He also has an excellent attitude on the pitch however I'd like to think he might at least consider signing for us if the offer is right for both parties...

Yes some Championship clubs may be impressed by him but TBH I think he's not totally ready for championship football every week- League 1 yes.

I don't blame him for not wanting to talk about contracts- he is focused on the next 6 games and no more.

Kerlon

Bojinov

Soren Larsen

Freddy Adu

Charlie Mulgrew

YES!

Suggested him last year and in the summer. He's the star of the Aberdeen team, pushing for a Scotland call-up and regularly scores blinding free kicks.

Thing is, we're pretty well catered for in the LB department with Harding and Mills, so there's probably other players we could chase instead.

Billy Sharp from Donny

Think he's still at Sheff Utd. He's just on loan at Donny. Wonder how long he's got left on his contract? Bryan Robson signed him. That seems like ages ago.

Shame he's scored so many goals for Donny this year. They'll be quite a few looking at him. He's the sort of player a relegated prem team should look to sign. (Well, the one's that have money, anyway!)

Jesus christ. This is what happens when people don't listen properly or actually watch peoples interviews. They get mis reported and then people respond by saying b*llocks like he rates himself too highly.

He doesn't talk about putting himself in the shop window at all. That is something that the reporter says.

What he actually says are as follows...

I'm enjoying my football here at Southampton (Said with a massive smile btw)

"I'm not obliged to say but whatever happens happens, im concentrating on Saints, what happens in the summer, happens in the summer"

This has been great for me. I'm playing for a big club. I can't ask for anything else.

I'm out of contract in the summer (And once again with a HUGE smile on his face) You never know, you might see me in a Southampton shirt again next season (Bigger smile)

Then the reporter says "But you've put yourself in the shop window, a good negiotiating tool if nothing else" "Yep"

Clearly signing for us in the summer. I suggest next time you report something you actually report it factually as it only causes numptys like above to talk complete guff.

Jesus christ. This is what happens when people don't listen properly or actually watch peoples interviews. They get mis reported and then people respond by saying b*llocks like he rates himself too highly.

He doesn't talk about putting himself in the shop window at all. That is something that the reporter says.

What he actually says are as follows...

I'm enjoying my football here at Southampton (Said with a massive smile btw)

"I'm not obliged to say but whatever happens happens, im concentrating on Saints, what happens in the summer, happens in the summer"

This has been great for me. I'm playing for a big club. I can't ask for anything else.

I'm out of contract in the summer (And once again with a HUGE smile on his face) You never know, you might see me in a Southampton shirt again next season (Bigger smile)

Then the reporter says "But you've put yourself in the shop window, a good negiotiating tool if nothing else" "Yep"

Clearly signing for us in the summer. I suggest next time you report something you actually report it factually as it only causes numptys like above to talk complete guff.

I'd have been more reassured if he had said that he would actually like to sign for us. I just think that a CCC manager will sneak in during the summer and snap him up.

Maybe, just maybe, he's not allowed to say anything? Which is what he says. "I'm not obliged to say."

I guarantee he's all but signed for us.

Can you actually guarantee that? ;)

Or is it just your opinion, like what i've said is just mine. I was 100% sure he would sign for us before that interview, now i'm only around 70% sure. I'm sure any NDA doesn't say that he can't tell interviewers that he'd like to sign permanently.

Can you actually guarantee that? ;)

Or is it just your opinion, like what i've said is just mine. I was 100% sure he would sign for us before that interview, now i'm only around 70% sure. I'm sure any NDA doesn't say that he can't tell interviewers that he'd like to sign permanently.

Your opinion was based on an incorrect report of the interview. Therefore it is not valid.

However, i'm pretty sure that seeing he probably hasn't signed anything, he's just using his head or has been told to use his head, and told to keep quiet and say the usual "we'll see in the summer" crap until he actually signs. It's so much easier on everyones part that he does that rather than saying "Yeah, sign me up Pards" and Pardew getting asked about Antonio.

He says stuff like "I'm playing for a big club. I couldn't ask for anything more. You could see me playing for Southampton next season (That imo, is as good as fact, seeing as he says it with a huge knowing smile on his face.)"

I suggest you watch it. Not just listen. Body language is much more telling than spoken language.

I can't guarantee it but it will happen. ;)

Gavin Williams from Bristol City (on loan at Yeovil and was the player involved in the Schneiderlin sending off) would be a handy player in the squad.

Can play both the attacking and defensive midfield playmaker role well, although has a less than perfect disciplinary record.

Out of contract I believe at the end of the season too...

Edited by markr27

As mentioned on the Steve Moran thread, Gary Hooper from Scunny, prolific even in Championship this year and if we can tempt him I'd love to have him in the squad.

Danns will join QPR I'd think so we need a midfielder in that role

And Bradley Orr is a great shout, he looked class when they came up into the Championship, puts his head in where it hurts and pops up with the odd goal too!

If not Volz is worth a look!

Tamika Mkandawire - Leyton Orient.

Out of contract in the summer, would be a decent addition to the defence.

very good shout. He has looked very good in both games against them. Didn't realise he was on a free. I'd much rather we signed him than keep either Thomas or Perry on. Not sure if either will stay so we will need a CB if Lancashire leaves.

Depends where we are playing really, as the NPC transfer outlook will be very different then staying in this team and pushing on for the title.

Either way, we definately need a quick RB that will is willing to give everything for the cause.

And a CM to provide competition for MS and DH's little love in.

Other than that i can't see us spending much if we are still in league 1, the settled 11 is showing itself to be more than capable currently.

But a couple of young quality players here and there would never go a miss !!

Perhaps Siggy at reading or Shelvey at Charlton can be tempted ?

very good shout. He has looked very good in both games against them. Didn't realise he was on a free. I'd much rather we signed him than keep either Thomas or Perry on. Not sure if either will stay so we will need a CB if Lancashire leaves.

+1

Lancadire is never going to be a contender in my mind anyways.

How are Martin and Saville doing in the reserves ?

Its just as important to get rid of a few, its easy to have more than can be trained and more than have a chance of playing then troubles start in the camp. I hope we lose seven and sign two, young RB and midfield cover to train up for the Premiership is enough.