The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Harte - Carlisle

Perkins - Stockport

Lines - Bristol Rovers

Rhodes - Huddlesfield

Szceseny - Arsenal keeper on loan to Brentford.

Dailly - Charlton

Austin - Swindon

Bromby - Leeds

Gillespie - Colchester

Morison - Millwall

Football manager,Match of the Day and the FL show gone mad.

Harte - Carlisle

Perkins - Stockport

Lines - Bristol Rovers

Rhodes - Huddlesfield

Szceseny - Arsenal keeper on loan to Brentford.

Dailly - Charlton

Austin - Swindon

Bromby - Leeds

Gillespie - Colchester

Morison - Millwall

Highlighted are the ones I would have from that list. Harte and Dailly are too old I think to be of much use to us for much longer, Austin and Morison have played well this season, but they're both untested outside this division. Bromby can't get into the Leeds side, and Gillespie has scored 4 times for Colchester. Perkins isn't any better than Lallana or Puncheon, who both play similar roles.

Lines looks like a decent prospect and has played with Lambert before, so they could form a good partnership. Rhodes has been on fire this season, and could be a natural successor for David Connolly, but he'll definitely attract attention from higher levels this summer. Szceseny is an interesting one, because I still maintain that Kelvin is the best keeper at this level and Bart is more than adequate as a back-up. Unless we see either of those two off in the summer, his time would be very limited here, and Arsenal would be reluctant to let him leave permenantly, and a loan would be pointless if he'd just be playing reserve football.

- A striker with pace if we don't sign Papa. (Simeon Jackson)

- Tough tackling midfielder able to pass, and dictate play (Therry Racon)

- Centre Back & Right Back to replace Thomas/Perry if they go. (No idea at the mo)

- Attacking midfielder able to play in numerous attacking positions, with pace, goal scoring & passing ability (Neil Danns)

Would agree with all of that and the player suggestions.

Would agree with all of that and the player suggestions.

I think a lot depends on what happens with our outgoing players. I think we’ll lose a fair few players like Thomas & Perry - Which will leave us us fairly short on experienced cover at the back.

I’m sure teams will come sniffing around Lallana / Morgan / Lambert etc. So hopefully we can hold onto them – They are going to be vital cogs in our promotion machine next season.

I’m curious to see what our policy will be in the summer in terms of recruitment. Pard’s says he wants to build a team that can do well in the championship – So can we expect a few marquee Lambert/Fonte-esque signings?

mackail-smith, is he still there..?

they will be (or should be) a decent outfit next season..gary johnson has got the job

i think he's still there, and that Mclean fella - but probably not for long.

agree though, they will be strong next season.

Can't start a new thread as I'm a 3 a day man but thought I would add to this one as I've had a bit of info that makes me the closest to ITN I've ever been!

A friend's milkman's budgie (well actually a bloke I work with) has a son who is best mates with the Aldershot striker Scott Donnelly. Apparently Scott was round his house over the weekend and was saying that he will be joining Southampton in the Summer. He currently plays for Aldershot so would have thought we would be setting our sights a bit higher but could be a squad signing if we don't extend DC?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Donnelly

Kevin Davies

33 years old

the third coming

HCDAJFU no doubt about it!

Duncan , I've heard crazier suggestions of late, and I am always someone who talks up the value of experience but I'm wondering - if he might want to stay playing at a higher level ..Prem or CCC but if we were talking about Saints as a CCC side ..then maybe ....but sadly it wasn't only Strachan who

thought he tried less than he might ...when he was here.

He's a Northern lad and I think (from memory) he's happier up there.

After reading an article on the echo website a few days ago about Pardew looking to build a squad in the summer which would be able to get promoted out of the Championship, it got me wondering who everyone realistically thinks we should aim to sign.

At the moment my brain has gone for a walk but one which springs to mind is Gylfi Sigurdsson, a young Icelandic central-midfielder currently playing for Reading. Box-to-box and can take a decent set-piece. Has also chipped in with 11 goals so far this season.

I don't have a short list of my own, but I have a couple of suggestions.

1) ANYONE with connections to a previous club managed /coached by Pardew, Wilkins or Downes.

2) ANYONE who played well against us this season ..Puncheon was a good example..

If you have those two clues ...who's on your buy list then ..........?:confused:

Elliot Ward joining us in a free in the summer. Done deal. I'd like us to sign Myles Weston the winger from Brentford and a centre midfielder or two. Possibly a rightback but I think semi is good enough for both League 1 and Championship (I've done a complete 180 on him since watching his dismal performance against Millwall).

Elliot Ward joining us in a free in the summer. Done deal. I'd like us to sign Myles Weston the winger from Brentford and a centre midfielder or two. Possibly a rightback but I think semi is good enough for both League 1 and Championship (I've done a complete 180 on him since watching his dismal performance against Millwall).

how good is your source?

suprised by that, after we'd farted around with him in january, you'd think he'd never give us a 2nd look.

he's had a loan at Donny recentley, where he was very good - so if we do get him, it's still a coup.

Yeah, I saw that they'd signed him. Seriously, how many strikers do they have now?

Blackstock, Earnshaw, Tyson, Boyd, Garner, McGoldrick?

That is some SERIOUS power up top!

you can Ade Adebola to that list.

Persistent rumours in London that Brentford's left back is probably joining us in the summer. Not sure how that'll work with Harding in good form, perhaps the Brentford lad will play LM. Also, Adomah from Barnet has been linked on a number of occasions - hopefully Puncheon MkII.

I'd like to see Le Fondre signed from Rotherham, good Connolly replacement and would be a nightmare sight for tired opposition legs. Jackson at Gillingham could be re-invigorated as an alternative after a disappointing season for him after all the hype but he has bags of ability. I'd also look at his wing supply in the shape of Barcham if Adomah doesn't join. We clearly need another CB with Perry's likely retirement - would have thought we'd burned our bridges with Eliot Ward. Volz would be an excellent free RB if we could tempt him.

CM is a priority, release Wotton and give Hammond and Morgan S some sorely competition. Stock would be the obvious candidate if he was willing to drop a division.

In terms of our loan players:

Antonio - 2 year deal please

Waigo - as above

Semi - 1 year, he's surprised me but does seem to be injury-prone.

I hope we sign a better rb than Semi.Maybe sign Semi as the back up.

Think we can sign better than Papa & Antonio aswell.Would sign Antonio as a squad player like Semi

Remember AP has already said we will be signing players to take us to the premiership this summer even if we are still in div1 which is likely.We will be signing good ccc players and maybe 1/2 out of contract prem players available on frees.With so many teams near admin we will be able to take real advantage this summer imo

I expect 5 to 7 new additions to replace players like Murty,Thomas,Perry,Lancashire,Wotton,Gillett,Holmes,Thomson,Pulis,Boyle & Molyneux all of whom I think will be released this summer.

It will be an exciting summer imo and we will sign some real quality for this league.

We don't need many 1st team players signed but we need a better squad to win this league.I however doubt we will just sign squad players!?

I hope we don't sign Brentford's left back when we've already got Harding and Mills. Wouldn't mind a fast RB, a CM in the mould of Danns, a fast striker to be used as a sub (maybe look in the lower leagues), and also Puyol to contend with Seaborne for CB.

I hope we don't sign Brentford's left back when we've already got Harding and Mills. Wouldn't mind a fast RB, a CM in the mould of Danns, a fast striker to be used as a sub (maybe look in the lower leagues), and also Puyol to contend with Seaborne for CB.

We currently have 40 players with squad numbers, about 20 are involved. I predict 20 players out, 10 in, leaving a squad of about 30 players with 2 potential starters for each position. Some good youngsters will make up the numbers, and a new start for the academy with maybe some purchases here as well.

If we have agreed a pre-contract with Ward I bet he made sure we signed it there and then.

Doesn't seem to add up though, we could have had him for free in January as well.

Where has this suddenly come from? The only things i've seen were transfers fees of around £200k.

Where has this suddenly come from? The only things i've seen were transfers fees of around £200k.

was confirmed by coleman i think, when they were *****ing about how we handled it.

something along the lines of ''we'd even agreed to tear up his contract and let him join southampton on a free''

How does having one injury make him injury prone?

I'm told that he was carrying ankle problems at Norwich which caused him to miss games at times. Not a chronic problem apparently but needs monitoring so therefore we need to ensure Semi has someone to cover him. If he plays 46 games injury free next year assuming he does get a deal (be surprised if he didn't) then great.

was confirmed by coleman i think, when they were *****ing about how we handled it.

something along the lines of ''we'd even agreed to tear up his contract and let him join southampton on a free''

I believe the reason Ward didn't join Saints in January was because the player suddenly demanded higher wages, was told by Saints this wasn't going to happen and therefore the deal collapsed.

Maybe Ward has lowered his demands over the last few months if this is true.

After yesterday's performance, I would like to see Nicky Bailey signed in the summer.

After yesterdays performance? I didn't even notice him.

kisnorbo

danns

jackson

Kisnorbo would be utterly fantastic, but unlikely to happen.

Danns I think is going to happen.

Jackson is overrated and not any better than Lambert, Barnard or Papa.

We need a decent CM that provides competition to Morgan and Deano.

We need to turf Wooden out.

We need a decent RB

Sign Papa, perhaps sign Antonio if we get him cheap and on low wages but he is still far too inconsitant (as last night showed apparantly)

Ant will be free - end of contract at Reading. So a no brainer IMHO, so wages will be low, and has the potential to be a great player.

Also Papa is a must as I have said before - he will be awesome in CCC / PL, a nd I am sure we can get him for 500K max.

What did everyone think of Lloyd Sam yesterday? He's a player i've admired for a while, and he would certainly improve our squad imo. Also worth looking at Nicky Bailey (as i've already mentioned along with other people in this thread) and perhaps a cheeky bid for Jonjo Shelvey? :D

What did everyone think of Lloyd Sam yesterday? He's a player i've admired for a while, and he would certainly improve our squad imo. Also worth looking at Nicky Bailey (as i've already mentioned along with other people in this thread) and perhaps a cheeky bid for Jonjo Shelvey? :D

i thought he was pretty rubbish tbf, lots of tricks/quick feet, but very very little end product at the end of it. I'd rather persevere with Antonio, who has better attributes IMO.

If we're building a Champ promotion team as well as a L1 side, then I'd appreciate the following:

Brian Stock

Matt Phillips

Michail Antonio

Papa Waigo

Ross Wallace

Jon Parkin

Ben Burgess

Simeon Jackson

James Dunne

Darren Ambrose

Moritz Volz

Bradley Orr

George Boyd, Aaron McLean, Craig Mackail-Smith

Elliot Ward

(any combination of the above is fine, all of them is even better)

And outgoings to be: Wotton, Gillett, Perry, Thomson, Forecast, Lancashire, Pulis, Molyneux, Thomas.