The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

How about Lukas Jutkiewicz on loan from Everton to be that extra striker.

Despite the name he's from Southampton and a Saints fan supposedly. 10 goals for Motherwell in the Scottish premier league this season.

At 21 he's still got a lot to learn, but he's a physical presence up front and has potential.

He could be the perfect back-up to Lambert.

He's got a year left on his contract so if he makes the grade we can sign him on a free transfer next summer (with the development fee due to Everton of course - that's if they offer him another contract)

If not Lukas how about Sam Vokes on loan from Wolves - another Southampton boy and Saints fan - and another centre forward with potential but still lots to learn. He's not been playing for Wolves and spent time on loan at Leeds this season. Again would be a great back-up to Lambert.

A couple of status updates in the past from his facebook:

Lukas Jutkiewicz Alan Pardews Red n White army, knock that Pompey scum out tomorrow!

Lukas Jutkiewicz Not to worry, we'll get a bye to the next round anyway when pompey fold on monday

He is a very good shout imo and someone who Pardew should attempt to bring in on loan with a fee agreed should he impress.

IMO we don't need another striker to replace Lambert as we've got strikers here already in Barnard, Connolly and Waigo (assuming he stays - although that's not a foregone conclusion). What we need is better midfield options that will get the ball to the strikers feet so we don't have to rely on the 'hoof to Lamberts head' tactics. Problem is when Rickie doesn't play, we don't have a viable game plan which would be sorted out by having one or two top attacking (or box to box) midfielders.

So if we haven't got a viable game plan if Rickie doesn't play should we just panic and change all plans when he doesn't, or change the whole of our game plan to find a viable one whether he plays or not?

I have become resigned to the fact that our game is 4-4-2 with Lambert as target man, but I can't say that I'm enthusiastic about it.

Swansea's Ferrie Bodde. Box-to-box tough tackling midfielder.

Has been injured awhile but was very good before that. Although there had been interest in him in the past from a lot of other clubs.

Also most likely wouldnt come down a league!

Top player on FM. But on his last comeback, his knee broke-down again. Not worth the risk.

Swansea's Ferrie Bodde. Box-to-box tough tackling midfielder.

Has been injured awhile but was very good before that. Although there had been interest in him in the past from a lot of other clubs.

Also most likely wouldnt come down a league!

Good shout but his wages would be high to bring him down to League 1.

Either go back for Brain Stock or try to get James Coppinger, also at Donny who likes to go forward from midfield and can play just behind the front two.

Like I said before, Tom Cleverley ;)

A couple of status updates in the past from his facebook:

He is a very good shout imo and someone who Pardew should attempt to bring in on loan with a fee agreed should he impress.

If i remember correctly I started this thread :D good to see it make a comeback

Lukas Jutkiewicz arrived at Everton in the summer of 2007.

He agreed a deal in March of that year after emerging as one of the hottest young prospects in the lower divisions while at Swindon Town.

He helped the Robins to promotion back to League One at the end of the 2006/7 campaign before heading for the Premier League.

Jutkiewicz made his senior bow for Swindon in April 2006 when he was just 17.

He came on as a substitute against Swansea when Swindon were in League One and within minutes had produced a headed goal-line clearance.

He went on to make four more appearances in the 2005/6 season.

Jutkiewicz was a regular substitute at the start of the 2006/7 season before making his first start of the campaign in the 1-0 defeat to Wycombe in October.

He scored his first ever senior goal at Walsall's Bescott Stadium in December.

He would total 13 starts, 20 substitute appearances and five goals throughout the campaign.

Jutkiewicz then switched to Everton in the close season and was named on the substitutes' bench during the 2007/08 Uefa Cup campaign.

In the January transfer window Lukas joined Championship side Plymouth Argyle on loan until the end of the season.

Unfortunately for Lukas he made just one start and two substitute appearances for the Pilgrims before returning to Finch Farm.

He impressed in 2008/09 pre-season, scoring twice at Cambridge United and remained a part of the first team squad in the first few months. He was afforded his first Everton senior appearance in the 3-0 win over Sunderland and spent time on loan at Hudersfield before the end of the season.

Jutkiewicz joined Motherwell on loan for the first half of the 2009/10 season and was awarded the SPL's Young Player of the Month award for October

Everton have some great young prospects in their squad. We all know about highly-coveted youngsters like Jack Rodwell and Dan Gosling, but Everton also have highly-rated prodigies like Jose Baxter in their squad. Another prodigy is striker Lukas Jutkiewicz, who is currently on loan at Motherwell and is doing extremely well in the SPL this season.

Named as one of the hottest prospects of the lower leagues when he was at Swindon, Jutkiewicz made his debut for Swindon at 17 and his performances earned him a move to Everton for £1 million in 2007. Unable to break through at Goodison Park, the 21 year old had loan spells at Plymouth and Huddersfield before joining Motherwell in the summer.

This season, Jutkiewicz has been in excellent form for Motherwell, scoring 10 goals in 28 games and becoming the sixth highest scorer in the SPL this season. His goalscoring exploits have helped Motherwell to reach fifth place in the SPL this season and they are only two points off a European place.

Motherwell are understandably keen to keep hold of one of their prized assets and Jutkiewicz has said he would be happy to spend an extra season on loan at Fir Park. Motherwell boss Craig Brown has said he wants to keep the youngster, along with fellow Everton loanee John Ruddy, but if Everton demand a transfer fee for the pair they will not be able to afford them. Brown said:

“We’re still negotiating by telephone with David Moyes over the two loan players. Both would be relatively expensive, certainly very expensive for us.”

Jutkiewicz’s game has improved greatly this season, but with the likes of Louis Saha, Yakubu, Marouane Fellaini and Tim Cahill ahead of him in the pecking order, opportunities will be hard to come by at Goodison Park. If Moyes decides to sell the youngster, he could have plenty of takers.

Even though succeeding in the SPL does not necessarily mean you will succeed in the Premiership, Jutkiewicz could move to a club in the bottom half of the Premiership or top of the Championship and do well. At 21, he still has plenty of time to improve and a move could be on the cards in the summer

Everton have some great young prospects in their squad. We all know about highly-coveted youngsters like Jack Rodwell and Dan Gosling, but Everton also have highly-rated prodigies like Jose Baxter in their squad. Another prodigy is striker Lukas Jutkiewicz, who is currently on loan at Motherwell and is doing extremely well in the SPL this season.

Named as one of the hottest prospects of the lower leagues when he was at Swindon, Jutkiewicz made his debut for Swindon at 17 and his performances earned him a move to Everton for £1 million in 2007. Unable to break through at Goodison Park, the 21 year old had loan spells at Plymouth and Huddersfield before joining Motherwell in the summer.

This season, Jutkiewicz has been in excellent form for Motherwell, scoring 10 goals in 28 games and becoming the sixth highest scorer in the SPL this season. His goalscoring exploits have helped Motherwell to reach fifth place in the SPL this season and they are only two points off a European place.

Motherwell are understandably keen to keep hold of one of their prized assets and Jutkiewicz has said he would be happy to spend an extra season on loan at Fir Park. Motherwell boss Craig Brown has said he wants to keep the youngster, along with fellow Everton loanee John Ruddy, but if Everton demand a transfer fee for the pair they will not be able to afford them. Brown said:

“We’re still negotiating by telephone with David Moyes over the two loan players. Both would be relatively expensive, certainly very expensive for us.”

Jutkiewicz’s game has improved greatly this season, but with the likes of Louis Saha, Yakubu, Marouane Fellaini and Tim Cahill ahead of him in the pecking order, opportunities will be hard to come by at Goodison Park. If Moyes decides to sell the youngster, he could have plenty of takers.

Even though succeeding in the SPL does not necessarily mean you will succeed in the Premiership, Jutkiewicz could move to a club in the bottom half of the Premiership or top of the Championship and do well. At 21, he still has plenty of time to improve and a move could be on the cards in the summer

Alright, easy. What are you, his lover?

Ok, may be getting a bit carried away with our (relatively) new found wealth and Steve Finnan has today said he would be happy to play in the Championship, but he hasnt heard anything from pompey about a new contract (He only signed a year contract).

Right back is our is our weakest position (IMO) and maybe if we threw a bit of cash at him, he might even consider League 1

...... Ok probably not

Ok, may be getting a bit carried away with our (relatively) new found wealth and Steve Finnan has today said he would be happy to play in the Championship, but he hasnt heard anything from pompey about a new contract (He only signed a year contract).

Right back is our is our weakest position (IMO) and maybe if we threw a bit of cash at him, he might even consider League 1

...... Ok probably not

First we want Mullins now we want Finnan. At least if we made to the top they would have the experience of relegation so it wouldn't hurt them so much.

Preston have listed 9 players up for sale.

Players currently out on loan; Eddie Nolan, Stephen Elliott, Neill Collins and Neal Trotman have all been placed on the transfer list and they are joined by Michael Hart, Richard Chaplow, Darren Carter and Neil Mellor. The Club is willing to listen to offers for all the above named players.

John Brayford's move from Crewe to Derby isn't a definite yet according to Dario Gradi. Might be worth pipping Derby to signing him. He's 22, right back, team of the year, club captain, Gradi thinks he's awesome. Would fill our right back void for 5-8 years.

Players currently out on loan; Eddie Nolan, Stephen Elliott, Neill Collins and Neal Trotman have all been placed on the transfer list and they are joined by Michael Hart, Richard Chaplow, Darren Carter and Neil Mellor. The Club is willing to listen to offers for all the above named players.

Rated Richard Chaplow a while back, but haven't seen him this year.

John Brayford's move from Crewe to Derby isn't a definite yet according to Dario Gradi. Might be worth pipping Derby to signing him. He's 22, right back, team of the year, club captain, Gradi thinks he's awesome. Would fill our right back void for 5-8 years.

I mentioned him a few weeks back. He was at Burton with Clough - hence the strong links to Derby, although many of their fans don't think he is better than what they already have (what would they know though).

For those who think we should sign Brett Pittman!

1. He lazy

2. He is arrogant

3. He is full of himself

4. Hes weak

5. Hes slow

6. Hes not good enough for league one

STOP looking at his goal tally and assuming hes good enough... hes not!

For those who think we should sign Brett Pittman!

1. He lazy

2. He is arrogant

3. He is full of himself

4. Hes weak

5. Hes slow

6. Hes not good enough for league one

STOP looking at his goal tally and assuming hes good enough... hes not!

AH-MEN brother!

He was released by us from the academy and I used to watch him a bit - think he lived in Shirley or his Dad does.

Got a good left foot - but was always very quiete on the pitch so not sure why we would be looking at him as we have Fish already as understudy.

As for Lukas...he went to Mountbatten School.

He was released by us from the academy and I used to watch him a bit - think he lived in Shirley or his Dad does.

Got a good left foot - but was always very quiete on the pitch so not sure why we would be looking at him as we have Fish already as understudy.

As for Lukas...he went to Mountbatten School.

Oh right a "stopper" is a left back, to me a stopper is a central defender .

Reported on 606 today, claiming to be ITK...

WT to Plymouth

LH to Norwich

PW to Brizzle R

DC offered 1 yr deals by us and Leicester, he to choose.

Pardew to open contract discussions early June with Theo Robinson of Udders. Is he any good...?

WT to Plymouth

LH to Norwich

PW to Brizzle R

Pardew to open contract discussions early June with Theo Robinson of Udders. Is he any good...?

Lee Holmes to Norwich? would that be as well as Lambert and Lallana then?

(that was on yesterday's totally made up rumour roundabout)

Robinson scores a fair few goals though.

WT to Plymouth

LH to Norwich

PW to Brizzle R

load of rubbish IMO.

connolly has been good for us, but injured way too often - cannot see a club like Leicester offering him a contract if im honest. He'll be here next season.

Why would Norwich want Lee Holmes? They're well equiped down their left side with Hoolahan and Lapin. (+ holmes is always injured and has only played 3 games this year for us)

WT to Plymouth

LH to Norwich

PW to Brizzle R

Cant see the LH or DC rumours being true for the reasons states above (especially as Leicester are in with a shout of going up and I dont think DC is good enough for the prem anymore sadly). However, WT could well be true as Plymouth may be looking for defenders after this year and on paper WT would be a solid choice for them and they'd probably offer better wages then what we would to him. PW would be harder to speculate and seeing as he still has a year left on his contract im not sure if Bristol would want to pay a fee for him (though I wouldnt complain if we took Lines in exchange ;) ).

As for Robinson, it would be great for him too be here as he's got quite a few goals this year, though having not seen him play is he anything like Lambert as that would fit in with Pardews target of a lambert-like player.

s

As for Robinson, it would be great for him too be here as he's got quite a few goals this year, though having not seen him play is he anything like Lambert as that would fit in with Pardews target of a lambert-like player.

I don't think he's a Lambert like player at all, more Antonio type but a bit more polished, very quick, pretty tricky apparently. Might be a perfect Lambert foil

by the looks of it. Looks like he's pretty sharp around the box as well.

OK - own up who's been making up all the transfer rumours about Saints on http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/ ?

Anyone would think we are billionaires or something!? Oh we are!!

There are some really bad ones on there - particularly from yesterday! Players we really don't want or need - and loads of players I've never heard of before!

Mind you there are not as funny as the Liverpool or Man Utd rumours - most of their fans seem to be completely delusional about the financial states their clubs are in!

I don't know why I look at the site really - I guess its just for entertainment!

I don't think anyone really knows what players will be going where yet - except for the odd exception such as Chamakh.

Surely at this stage its more about which players we think will be leaving - and players we might be looking at.

For my part I think Connolly, Poke, Lancashire, Waigo, Thomas, Jaidi, Pulis, Perry, Wotton, Murty, Forecast, Molyneux, Holmes, Gillett and James will be leaving Saints for various reasons this summer.

As for possible signings I think we are looking at Simeon Jackson, Albert Adomah and obviously Michail Antonio.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we considered bringing back Neal Trotman and Jacob Mellis.

I also have a feeling we might be looking at Nathan Tyson.

Obviously a lot of this will depend on whether Pardew stays with us for next seasopn.

People have obviously linked us with Mullins and Reo-Coker as they were key players for AP at West Ham and both look likely to leave their current clubs. For similar reasons Thierry Racon and Nicky Bailey at Charlton have been suggested if Charlton don't go up.

Since I contribute there and here, I resent (or is resemble?) that remark.

Latest name is Gary Hooper (S****horpe). Word on the street is he had a medical last night. Keep schtum. Official announcement to follow ....

Hooper, Robinson, O'Donovan all have one thing in common, all goal jockeys with a very tasty looking goals/games ratio. Perhaps it's just an area that AP has identified as being primordial (presuming there's any truth in any of them of course) Hope it isn't just a palliative measure to compensate something nasty no longer in the woodshed .

Since I contribute there and here, I resent (or is resemble?) that remark.

Latest name is Gary Hooper (S****horpe). Word on the street is he had a medical last night. Keep schtum. Official announcement to follow ....

Even though the transfer window is still shut?

Neill Collins and Richard Chaplow CDAJFU imo.

I know its the sun, but had a snippet in there today linking us with luke varney from derby for £250,000

Sheffield Wednesday want to keep him (he's been on loan there) but he's a player that Pard's bought from Crewe (i think?) when he was at Charlton, so not surprised to see us linked as he's available.

not sure he's the type of forward we need though.

I see Richard Chaplow has gone on the transfer list. I'd sign him in a heartbeat. Could be very useful in our midfield.

Jay McEveley will be on a free too - would strengthen the defence. Looks like there'll be some good frees about this summer, will be interesting to see who Pards looks at, I'd say our squad is about 90% there already - so we can't be too greedy.

Can someone do a list on the front page of this thread, would make things easier...

I see Richard Chaplow has gone on the transfer list. I'd sign him in a heartbeat. Could be very useful in our midfield.

Jay McEveley will be on a free too - would strengthen the defence. Looks like there'll be some good frees about this summer, will be interesting to see who Pards looks at, I'd say our squad is about 90% there already - so we can't be too greedy.

Can someone do a list on the front page of this thread, would make things easier...

Tried that last summer. After a week it was MASSIVE and we gave up. I'll add the squad and any transfers or rumours.

Oh right a "stopper" is a left back, to me a stopper is a central defender .

Well I based my view on watching where he played for us...always at left back...never central defender - not saying he cant play there but he must of changed a lot since leaving!!