The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

We need to get a proper left winger in to bring total balance to the team and I would not shed any tears if we sold Lallana as I dont think he brings ENOUGH to the team!

Lallana is one of the most talented players outside PL. His goals and assist count last season proves how vital he was to the team.

We need to get a proper left winger in to bring total balance to the team and I would not shed any tears if we sold Lallana as I dont think he brings ENOUGH to the team!

take it this is a p1ss take?

Would love to see Austin here next season if Swindon don't make it. Seems to have potential to become that "complete" striker. Has pace, height, strength and knows where goal is. Would also like to have a stab at Jackson. I think by far the best combo we have had up front this season has been lambbo and Connolly. Jackson has got a good touch like Connolly but has pace too. Hopefully Connors gets signed up but just can see us getting 40 games out of him next season so Simeon Jackson, please. An attacking central mid is must, take your pick out of Arfield, Stock, Danns etc.. Calderon will come in at r/back as it seems is the case and I dont think he'll get another in there as will use harding to cover with Mills and Seaborne if needed on left. I think we'll have Antonio back too to support Punch and Lallana. Think, we might see two or three more go before summer is up also.

Roll on next season! COYS.

Released

Lloyd James

Simon Gillett

Oliver Lancashire

Chris Perry

Wayne Thomas

Graeme Murty

Michael Poke

John Otsemobor

Jake Thomson

Kayne McLaggon

Tom Dunford

Jack Boyle

Good bye to the last of the Total Football Youth experiment and Wayne Thomas! So long... and now let's enjoy the summer transfer market replacements. Men. Thank goodness we're now buying men.

Still think we should go for Simon Francis at Southend - he's expressed a desire to move to 'a Championship or a top league one' club.

Another name that appears highly rated is a chap at Stockport... Johnny Mullins.

He's out of contract now I believe and at 24/5 could be at the right age for the journey.

Released

Lloyd James

Simon Gillett

Oliver Lancashire

Chris Perry

Wayne Thomas

Graeme Murty

Michael Poke

John Otsemobor

Jake Thomson

Kayne McLaggon

Tom Dunford

Jack Boyle

Good bye to the last of the Total Football Youth experiment and Wayne Thomas! So long... and now let's enjoy the summer transfer market replacements. Men. Thank goodness we're now buying men.

Lallana, Morgan?

chris iwelumo from wolves would be decent shout and surman

Chris Iwelumo is horse sh!t, Surman wouldn't get into the first team ahead of Schneiderlin or Hammond imo.

Jay Demerit, Jon Harley and Will Hoskins being released by Watford;

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/spo...up_of_players/

Demerit and Hoskins CDAJFU if you ask me.

DeMerit would be a fantastic signing at CB, Watford are mental to let him go, but they can't really afford his wages. He was rumoured to be on slightly less than 10k at Watford last season, only slightly less than Mule was on when he was with us! Worth spending the £££ on Jay though imo. Not as sure about Hoskins, but he's still young I guess and the potential is there, a bit like Matt Paterson.

what about jobi mcanuff. pardew signed him for west ham, and would be the pacy player now weve lost papa and antonio

I've always rated him. Pacey, tricky and and decent football brain on him. No need for him to drop down a division though.

I've always rated him. Pacey, tricky and and decent football brain on him. No need for him to drop down a division though.

Yep, my Reading supporting mates are always raving about him but apparently there were a few scouts from various Prem clubs at Reading's last home game, Bolton, Newcastle and Wigan included. Not sure he'd choose Tranmere and Bournemouth over Man Utd and Chelsea.

DeMerit would be a fantastic signing at CB, Watford are mental to let him go, but they can't really afford his wages. He was rumoured to be on slightly less than 10k at Watford last season, only slightly less than Mule was on when he was with us! Worth spending the £££ on Jay though imo. Not as sure about Hoskins, but he's still young I guess and the potential is there, a bit like Matt Paterson.

DeMerit really isn't anything special at all, Fonte and Jaidi are both definitely better.

A good choice if we hadn't already have our four centrebacks. It would be wasting nearly £10k a week and potentially stopping either Seabourne and Martin in gaining first team experience. The wages would be better spent in getting a third centre midfielder to push Hammond and Schniederlin for a place or to bring Antonio/Waigo back.

Robert Koren

Just released by West Brom, goal scoring attacking midfielder. International pedigree with Slovenia and their captain.

A bit ambitious I know, but worth making him an offer at least.

Been released? Definitely worth an offer!!!

Baggies seem to be learning, he ain't good enough for the Prem but it's still a bit silly -a CCC club would of happily paid a fee for him IMO.

Been released? Definitely worth an offer!!!

Baggies seem to be learning, he ain't good enough for the Prem but it's still a bit silly -a CCC club would of happily paid a fee for him IMO.

I'm sure they released him as he wouldn't sign a new deal... maybe wanted a big bucks deal to stay there perhaps?

I'm sure they released him as he wouldn't sign a new deal... maybe wanted a big bucks deal to stay there perhaps?

No no this is wrong, they had a 1 year extension option on him that they have decided not to take up. All a bit mental really, why not extend and get some cash for him like Reading with Antonio.

Koren could deffo dajfu but he might see himself as a top Championship player so would be unlikely to come imo.

James Beattie was apparently in the Orange Rooms on Saturday telling people that he was signing. Would give us a great front line, but it made me LOL when I was told, Stoke will want a decent fee for him, and his wage demands must be high. so can't see it myself.

I would imagine this is ********.

But, I guess we might offer him a 1 year deal as back up to Rickie.

Pay as you play, obviously.

:rolleyes:

BT would be good cover for Rickie

That would give us 3 strikers who would all get 20+ goals apiece

2 wide midfielders who would get 10+ goals apiece

Plus DC & both DH who would score

BT might go for very low wage but high goal bonus idea

Edited by paulwantsapint

I think it's time to buy Beattie back. He'll be leaving Stoke, no doubt. He could get a higher club, but we can afford him, pay him well, and he's only got a few years left. He liked it here, still likes the club and could probably be convinced.

Okay, he's in a similar mould to Lambert, but it doesn't mean they couldn't play together. I think it'd just mean we had two excellent goalscorers for this league, and mean we could cope if either was injured for a while. So long as we add a fast winger to replace Antonio/Waigo, we'd be getting a lot of goals.

Beattie/Lambert/Connolly/Barnard would be perhaps the best strikeforce outside the top flight.

A player that has done reletively f*ck all since he left us ??

We don't play his type of football anymore, Lambert is younger, puts in more effort, has far far better first touch.

Beatts would struggle to get into the team ahead of him IMO, we definately don't need to pay a past it one time wonder mega bucks, and i certainly don't want to see the arrogant c*nt hanging around my bars any time soon.

TBH i think we are pretty much ok for strikers, and next year would like us to play 4-5-1 anyways.

No no this is wrong, they had a 1 year extension option on him that they have decided not to take up. All a bit mental really, why not extend and get some cash for him like Reading with Antonio.

Koren could deffo dajfu but he might see himself as a top Championship player so would be unlikely to come imo.

I'm not sure WBA need the money like Reading do. Afterall, how much would WBA get for him knowing they just want him off their books (while earning a good wage)?

He'll be at the World Cup too so any negotiations will have to wait a bit.

Yep he had a fall out with Di Matteo, who wasnt playing him regularly start of the year, and then played him out wide instead of in the centre, which he also sulked about.

He won't play in L1!!

Could not be arsed to read the whole thread, Sorry if he has already been mentioned.

Scott Arfield Defender from Falkirk

It is three days old and was the main story about Saints in the Southampton section of the BBC website. You can be pretty confident that stories like that find their way onto here in minutes, rather than three days. ;) :)

(He is a central midfielder not a defender btw)

It is three days old and was the main story about Saints in the Southampton section of the BBC website. You can be pretty confident that stories like that find their way onto here in minutes, rather than three days. ;) :)

(He is a central midfielder not a defender btw)

Hence why I said sorry if it has already been posted :) I only get a few mins a day to check the forum and the web, rest of my working day is spent, well, working ;).

Hence why I said sorry if it has already been posted :) I only get a few mins a day to check the forum and the web, rest of my working day is spent, well, working ;).

I think what MLT is trying to say is that you could have spend a few more minutes looking at the forum knowing it would have been posted already. ;-)

Why? 1.5m would do it, we have plenty of money.

Why do you say that, as it's not really true. All moneys spent on Saints, will be as a result of the revenue module of the club. Our owner is rich, the club is not. Neither are we poor or in debt, but I wish people would stop assuming that ML is going to be dipping into his pocket every five minutes.

Why do you say that, as it's not really true. All moneys spent on Saints, will be as a result of the revenue module of the club. Our owner is rich, the club is not. Neither are we poor or in debt, but I wish people would stop assuming that ML is going to be dipping into his pocket every five minutes.

what is the business model we are following, anyone know?