The Best Moment of the Season?

Arizona

The one best moment, not the game or result.

For me, Waigo's last gasp equaliser against Norwich in the JPT gets it. I went bananas.

Honourable mentions to Thomas' howitzer against Ipswich and the fifth going in against Walsall.

4-1 at home to Gillingham which got us going.

Superceded by David Connolly's third at Oldham which got us off the bottom.

Superceded by Papa's last gasp goal against Norwich.

Superceded by beating MK Dons and knowing we were at Wembley.

Superceded by Sir Rickie's goal against Poopey.

Superceded by blowing Norwich away at Carrow Road.

Superceded by blowing Huddersfield away at SMS.

Superceded by Sir Rickie's 40 yarder against MK Dons.

Superceded by Antonio's 4th at Wembley.

Edited by RonManager

The one best moment, not the game or result.

For me, Waigo's last gasp equaliser against Norwich in the JPT gets it. I went bananas.

Honourable mentions to Thomas' howitzer against Ipswich and the fifth going in against Walsall.

Best moment? Starting at minus ten points but forever without Lowe and the heavy chains of the plc and it's boardroom. The feeling of optimism and having Southampton Football Club back again. :)

Onwards and upwards.

Mine was the day we signed Rickie Lambert. I was (like today) in home office doing some bland paperwork but I was taken over by the whole drama on here suggesting not only we were in for him, but also spending a heap of cash to do it.

After the last few years of cheap solutions, eccentric ideas and dreadful returns I found it amazing. The joy of being saved by a billionaire was still fresh then, I was just glad to have a team to still support at that point, but that day showed that they well and truly meant business, that the grandious talk from Cortese and Pardew had some balls to go with it.

It was the day I realised that this season and the future was going to be very exciting indeed. It was wonderful.

Mine was waking up on my 21st birthday the day after ML had taken over. Kelvin Davis said he was staying and Wotte got the sack. At that point i knew we weren't messing around.

Obviously all the other big moments stick out including equalising against the skates, beating MK Dons to get to Wembley, walking out at Wembley to see all the Saints fans. Oh and Jaidi's 96th minute equalizer at Carlisle

Barnard's winner at yeovil, Rickies goal against that lot down the road and Waigo's last gasp equaliser against Norwich, all superb moments.

this, except that I had to stand with my hands in my pockets down at the opposite end of the ground...

The stand out moment has to be the day ML took over the club. It actually meant we still had our club and the future looked bright.

As the season went on outstanding moments for me in no particular order, the day out at Wembley, RL's screamer at franchise FC, Antonio's goal at franchise in the JPT, thumping Huddersfield 5-0, Waigo's equaliser against Norwich in JPT, Bart's saves in the shoot out against Norwich.

Lambert vs the skates. The look of fear in their eyes at 1-1 was priceless.

Lamberts second at Leyton Orient

Jaidis goal bs Carlisle. Made the trip home bearable

Lallana's goal vs Hartlepool. Screamer and topped off a great trip

best match moment: Lambo's equaliser against Pompey

best non match moment: the setting up of the Irish Saints Supporters Club

worst non match moment: me walking into a lamp pole outside Wembley in front of a couple of hundred saints fans

worst match moment: Tranmere's penalty at Prenton pk....

Mine was the day we signed Rickie Lambert. I was (like today) in home office doing some bland paperwork but I was taken over by the whole drama on here suggesting not only we were in for him, but also spending a heap of cash to do it.

After the last few years of cheap solutions, eccentric ideas and dreadful returns I found it amazing. The joy of being saved by a billionaire was still fresh then, I was just glad to have a team to still support at that point, but that day showed that they well and truly meant business, that the grandious talk from Cortese and Pardew had some balls to go with it.

It was the day I realised that this season and the future was going to be very exciting indeed. It was wonderful.

Not sure it was the best moment, but otherwise agree. I said we had signed him to a Millwall fan mate of mine and his reaction / expletives / green eyed jealousy confirmed to me that we had truly made a top signing

best match moment: Lambo's equaliser against Pompey and coming back to draw 2-2 at Leyton Orient when two down

funniest picture.... I had to share this with you (Sorry if it offends)

2luzwq1.jpg

is he waiting for a forklift to get him to his seat?!!!

The que sara chant just after Lallanas goal V Dons in the JPT.

Waigo scoring V Norwich

Lambert scoring V Skates.

In that order.

That match probably takes the "Best atmosphere" award. I was laughing my nuts off at the second goal. The o.g. where one MK CB hoofed the ball into the other CBs face and it went straight into the net.

That match probably takes the "Best atmosphere" award. I was laughing my nuts off at the second goal. The o.g. where one MK CB hoofed the ball into the other CBs face and it went straight into the net.

Absolutely. The two best atmospheres i've ever witnessed at St Marys in one week - quite incredible really.

David Connolly's strike versus Norwich at home in the League, one of the best goals i've seen at St Marys - put us 2-1 up in what was probably the most entertaining game I've seen at home all season.

I know it ended 2-2 - but you've got to love a 20 yard screamer into the top corner haven't you? ;)

David Connolly's strike versus Norwich at home in the League, one of the best goals i've seen at St Marys - put us 2-1 up in what was probably the most entertaining game I've seen at home all season.

I know it ended 2-2 - but you've got to love a 20 yard screamer into the top corner haven't you? ;)

I agree - the fact that he meant it shows how much of a quality strike it was. Completely silenced the budgies too!

Smashing 5 past Huddersfield and Brizzle Rovers in mid week games towards the end of the season, keeping the promotion dream alive and making staying up till 2 am very worthwhile ;), although Huddersfields 2 injury time goals against Walsall somewhat took the gloss off the result of the Bristol Rovers result :(

Seeing Wembley decked out in Red and White Saints scarves, flags and Jester Wigs :p(admittedly only on TV in France rather than actually being there). Seeing the joy On AP's face and Marcus happily snapping away and soaking it all in gave me a great feeling of well being for our future.

Meeting The One and Only Matt Le Tiss here in Dubai was a wonderful wonderful experience, despite what 19C may have to say about him :D

More than anything else ..... just actually looking forward to each match rather than trepidation as in the previous 5 years ;-)

Also, definitely the JPT final even though the other halfs mum fell outside the ground and had to have a hip replacement in the local hospital.

Actually, best moment of the season was the fact there were more 'ups' this season than 'downs'. Thanks MAN (Marcus, Alan and Nicola - in that order!)

Deffo Lambert's goal against the skates - keep reliving it (video captures the excitement of the goal but we all know the result)

Also, definitely the JPT final even though the other halfs mum fell outside the ground and had to have a hip replacement in the local hospital.

And finally the banter of 'Pompey going down' at the Skates match

Actually, best moment of the season was the fact there were more 'ups' this season than 'downs'. Thanks MAN (Marcus, Alan and Nicola - in that order!)

brilliant clips...that was a superb day...real proper atmosphere..we were the better team easily for an hour and they pretty much sat there and shut up for that time too..

such a shame about the ending.