606 saints fan

stmusicdude

Did anyone hear him just before the close of the 606 show?

because I think it was spoony that then added yes I have heard that, when they guy said that AP was going .. The caller said he was informed it was on Wednesday .. I'm sorry if this has already been posted couldn't find it. Caller did seem genuinly upset & sure Pardew was being sacked

Half the people on this board are sure Pardew is going to be sacked. It doesn't make it true.

Maybe we should start a new thread just for the facts we have. I get the feeling it wouldn't be a very long one

I don't believe anything I hear these so called journo/ex players say.

I remember after we sacked Paul Sturrock hearing Mark Lawrenson on Irish Radio. He guaranteed... GUARANTEED... that Glenn Hoddle would be the next Saints Manager, of course he'd heard it from a source very close to the club. All bull****, they just try to make themselves important.

I think Glen Hoddle was lined up to take the job when Sturrock got sacked - but Lowe chickened out at the last minute in the face of opposition from other directors and fans

I have been told that Mark Hughes has been lined up to replace Pardew - and by someone that does have some good contacts - but I not sure I believed it then or now

For one thing I'm not sure Mark Hughes is any better than AP and for another I can't see Hughes dropping down to League 1

plus he's already rejected the chance to manage Saints when we were in the Premier League according to some people as it was too far South and he wanted to stay in the North West

Silly season seems to have kicked off already. As far as I can see there has been NOTHING credible to suggest Pardew has or will leave or be sacked. The Mail? 606? FFS, it might as well have come from John W******d himself.

Silly season seems to have kicked off already. As far as I can see there has been NOTHING credible to suggest Pardew has or will leave or be sacked. The Mail? 606? FFS, it might as well have come from John W******d himself.

Hope you're right. Whole thing seems incredible to me but so did most of our history after FA cup final. I was the very old person you met today.

AP categorically stated on Solent he wants to stay - in my opinion we need to put this rumour to bed as soon as possible and the only way that will happen is if Cortese issues a statement backing the manager. I will be bloody annoyed if AP gets sacked - it would be madness.

A couple of years back there were some really strong rumours of former player, Tommy Widdrigton, getting the vacant Saints managers job. I can't remember where these came from, but obviously he never got the job. I was relly for the move and still think had we appointed him we would still be in the CCC. If AP is going to get the sack then I think this might be the time for Tommy to make his homecoming. Failing that I would have another former player, Paul Tisdale. He has a great record with Team Bath and has kept Exeter L1 by beating Huddersfield. Admitedly, he would be a poor second to Tommy, who really is a legend - Saints through and through, heart, passion and the desire to succeed.

A couple of years back there were some really strong rumours of former player, Tommy Widdrigton, getting the vacant Saints managers job. I can't remember where these came from, but obviously he never got the job. I was relly for the move and still think had we appointed him we would still be in the CCC. If AP is going to get the sack then I think this might be the time for Tommy to make his homecoming. Failing that I would have another former player, Paul Tisdale. He has a great record with Team Bath and has kept Exeter L1 by beating Huddersfield. Admitedly, he would be a poor second to Tommy, who really is a legend - Saints through and through, heart, passion and the desire to succeed.

apart from the clubs he spent most of his career at;)

Homecoming? Uh, isn't he a Geordie?

I would imagine that the only way that Pardew would be going is in the shape of a manager that ML/NC believed could do a better job overall.

Or that he himself has said quietly that he cannot be arsed with NC etc.

Personally i think they would be mad to sack pardew after he has set up a well oiled machine ready for next year, but for people not to realise that NC/ML must be pretty p*ssed off after Pardew convinced them to spend more in january is just as rediculous.

All of whom pale in comparison to Pardew. Don't know what my reaction towards ML and NC would be if they sacked him, after all, they brought back our club from the brink of extinction. On the other hand though, Pards has built something really special here, and to chuck it away now would be stupid.

I noticed on Pardew's Solent interview that he was careful in answering the question on his future, and I wonder if there is any significance in his wording, when he said "for my part, yes, I want to be the Manager of Southampton next season".

Was he telling us that he wants to stay, but someone 'else' maybe has other ideas?

I certainly hope not, it would be crazy if he's not here next season, it just caught my attention the way he worded it.

Whoever called 606 with that needs a kick up the arse. Yeah, great - lets perpetuate a rumour that our manager is getting the sack and it might come true!! Then we can have a preseason rebuilding and the first half of next season trying to gel in time for a late run at the playoffs. FFS.

"I've heard....". Of course "I heard". "I heard" it on here, "I heard" it from some bloke taking the ****** in the pub, someone else "heard" it from me when i was taking the ******. People make things up for a wind-up.

Take away the first 10 games: if we had the form since then thorughout the season, and didn't start on -10, we would be champions. So to sack Pardew now is basically blaming him for the -10 (ugh?) or the slow start. If blaming him for the slow start, he would have been sacked earlier.

Hughes wouldn't come to a league 1 side. he's ben sacked by a big prem club even though doing well and in line for another prem job (there is bound to be some manager movement this summer). Would he come to a league 1 club? Very unlikely. Would he come to a league 1 club that sacks a "5-year-plan" manager after one SUCCESFUL(!) season? Of course not.

NC knows all the above. NC is a *****ly character. Most people seem to find him that way. But he's very rational. So stop picking up a known fact or two, and adding 1 and 1 to get 37.

Jeez, its silly season and its not even hot weather.

What's happened to our 5 year plan then?

We will the bookmakers bankers for promotion next season & successful clubs need stability and continuity

My warmth to the owners has started to evaporate - I think Cortese is a complete tosser

We will the bookmakers bankers for promotion next season & successful clubs need stability and continuity

My warmth to the owners has started to evaporate - I think Cortese is a complete tosser

You are either trolling or an idiot.

we will be the bookies favourite no matter who is in charge..

the 5 year plan could be with or without pardew...he has even said that himself

as for NC being a tosser, how do you know it is not coming from markus..(if the stories are true)

I think we need to tread carefully here. Like most I want AP here, stability is key now and nobody can deny we're heading in the right direction. But...start taking swipes at Cortese and you are seriously gonna p*ss off Mr Liebherr. He's his man, the reason he's here in the first place.

IF AP was forced out it would be mad and a great shame but if you don't want the wheels coming off we're gonna have to accept it. IMO.

I think we need to tread carefully here. Like most I want AP here, stability is key now and nobody can deny we're heading in the right direction. But...start taking swipes at Cortese and you are seriously gonna p*ss off Mr Liebherr. He's his man, the reason he's here in the first place.

IF AP was forced out it would be mad and a great shame but if you don't want the wheels coming off we're gonna have to accept it. IMO.

agree..at the end of the day, NC and markus are the reason we have rickie, lallana and co...and god knows who else in the future

pinacle would have been a disaster

IF pards goes then he goes, I doubt we would get anyone who is worse to take over

TDD why do u doubt we could get someone worse?

Mark Hughes has no experiance of this level or championship as far as I know has never had a club in a league below premiership? yet you say of course he is a better manager. Based on what? not trying to row but can you just say what your using as your benchmark?

The ML saved our club argument is about the same in equal terms, as we didnt have a pre season & first 10 games was rubbish .. When we put it forward to defend AP.

Surly we cant just blindly follow NC like sheep & assume he knows what's best?

Having said all this still no bad news & it could all be the echo feeding & fueling the rumours couldn't it? I hope so

If Cortese is big enough to sack Pardew after a good progressive season, I'm sure he's big enough to accept some fans not liking him

I'm afraid we have to follow NC. He was our king maker. He wanted a DoF and the reaction here wad a ngetive one. So he goes it alone

At the end of the day markus and nicola are everything to this club whislt we are out of the prem. Without them we are screwed.

If they wanted to move pardew on then we have to back them and see. If they turn us into a QPR then fine, we can make a fuss but even getting someone else in we still have to back them

Unless, you want them out f the club?

And yes Hughes is a better manager than pardew.

I'm afraid we have to follow NC. He was our king maker. He wanted a DoF and the reaction here wad a ngetive one. So he goes it alone

At the end of the day markus and nicola are everything to this club whislt we are out of the prem. Without them we are screwed.

If they wanted to move pardew on then we have to back them and see. If they turn us into a QPR then fine, we can make a fuss but even getting someone else in we still have to back them

Unless, you want them out f the club?

And yes Hughes is a better manager than pardew.

Of course what you say is right but does Hughes have the nous to deal with League 1 teams ?

Also why are there no reports in the Press regarding Hughes and SFC

Of course what you say is right but does Hughes have the nous to deal with League 1 teams ?

Also why are there no reports in the Press regarding Hughes and SFC

The Hughes thing is probably or deffo bollix. However to assume we won't get anyone as good as pardew is daft. His appointment in the first place was hardly rejoiced

I hope he stays but the is no smoke without fire and it worried me when the Solent of all people reported this

TDD i don’t mean dismiss everything he says or does I just mean do we need to agree 100% with it?

I just asked WHY is he better? what benchmark are you using? just saying yes he is better doesn’t actually tell me much & what I was looking for was some reasoning as to why or how we could think he would do OK or Great in League 1 many premier managers have failed at lower levels?

He was struggling at Man City for a long period last season we don’t have the time now to let another season go by while we "experiment" i don’t think

Why because I don’t agree with everything do I want them out? lol I don’t agree with everything AP has done but I don't want him sacked.

I don’t think the programme being withdrawn is at all related now by the way, i just think it's a bit unfortunate but not related

agree..at the end of the day, NC and markus are the reason we have rickie, lallana and co...and god knows who else in the future

pinacle would have been a disaster

IF pards goes then he goes, I doubt we would get anyone who is worse to take over

Agreed, i would hate it if pardew was not here next season. But if the worst happens and he is sacked, however crazy and unfair it may seem we need to accept it. Our new owners are ambitious and want our football club to be successful.

You would struggle to find a saints fan who does not want pardew as our manager and he has done a great job this season given the situation he walked into. If for whatever reason however our owners decide he is not the right man (and who knows what goes on behind the scenes) then we need to try to move on.

Lets remember where we were a year ago and where we are now. None of this would be possible without cortese. For some people to say that they are getting ****ed off with him because they have heard he can be rude to staff or comes across as arrogant is madness.

Cortese is a very intelligent and successful man and we are very very lucky to have him at our club. Pardew in my opinion has proved he is the right manager for southampton and can take us back to the premier league. Lets just hope things work out and both are here for many years.

Agreed, i would hate it if pardew was not here next season. But if the worst happens and he is sacked, however crazy and unfair it may seem we need to accept it. Our new owners are ambitious and want our football club to be successful.

You would struggle to find a saints fan who does not want pardew as our manager and he has done a great job this season given the situation he walked into. If for whatever reason however our owners decide he is not the right man (and who knows what goes on behind the scenes) then we need to try to move on.

Lets remember where we were a year ago and where we are now. None of this would be possible without cortese. For some people to say that they are getting ****ed off with him because they have heard he can be rude to staff or comes across as arrogant is madness.

Cortese is a very intelligent and successful man and we are very very lucky to have him at our club. Pardew in my opinion has proved he is the right manager for southampton and can take us back to the premier league. Lets just hope things work out and both are here for many years.

I agree with you but just because Cortese helped buy the club does not make him a reasonable and successful man.

I noticed on Pardew's Solent interview that he was careful in answering the question on his future, and I wonder if there is any significance in his wording, when he said "for my part, yes, I want to be the Manager of Southampton next season".

Was he telling us that he wants to stay, but someone 'else' maybe has other ideas?

I certainly hope not, it would be crazy if he's not here next season, it just caught my attention the way he worded it.

I thought that as well, when I heard him. In my opinion, he chose his words and they worried me.

I was told (by SFC employee) that 5 players had collected their belongings from Staplewood and had left the club. True? I have no idea.

I thought that as well, when I heard him. In my opinion, he chose his words and they worried me.

I was told (by SFC employee) that 5 players had collected their belongings from Staplewood and had left the club. True? I have no idea.

Probably the 5 out of contract.....I'll bet Pulis couldn't find his boots they haven't been used much.

I told you about a month AGO THAT GH MAY BE COMING BACK IN A COACHING ROLE.

Isn't that like a tabloid newspaper saying they were first to tell us about a transfer, conveniently ignoring the other 99 they got wrong (or were just plain lying about).