Total football back on track

scooby

Guest Hacienda
Which is why he is nothing more than a pure wind up merchant and nothing else.

His posts have no substance except to try to provoke an angered response. The best way is to laugh at his posts or to think he is a very sad individual who has nothing better to do than get real enjoyment of winding people up over an internet forum.

It is a shame some people think he is a real fan and actually take his wind up posts seriously.

I don't think anyone believes he's a fan, it's just nice to remind him of what he's previously said.

Let's face it, he's really not that bright as he's just so easy to catch out.

You know me so well that you can predict what I would say under certain circumstances, eh? I go by what it said on the OS at the time. Is that fair comment?

You take a new job and are being shown around your new place of work, to start the following Monday. Are you therefore responsible for something that goes wrong whilst you're being shown around?

So Pearson's barking of orders and instructions from the touchline against Plymouth had no effect on the game at all. Did the team ignore him or was he telling players to do things they weren't capable of? If as you suggest he didn't know the team at all we would have been better off having somebody who did know the players giving the instructions while Pearson sat in the stand and observed. And you still haven't addressed my point that he played for the draw at home to Coventry instead of using his attacking subs to go for a win. You claim he made us hard to beat which I agree he did by maintaining a rigid 442 whatever the circumstances e.g. 1-0 down to Burnley who only played 1 up front while we made no effort to push more players forward to get the equaliser.

So Pearson's barking of orders and instructions from the touchline against Plymouth had no effect on the game at all. Did the team ignore him or was he telling players to do things they weren't capable of? If as you suggest he didn't know the team at all we would have been better off having somebody who did know the players giving the instructions while Pearson sat in the stand and observed. And you still haven't addressed my point that he played for the draw at home to Coventry instead of using his attacking subs to go for a win. You claim he made us hard to beat which I agree he did by maintaining a rigid 442 whatever the circumstances e.g. 1-0 down to Burnley who only played 1 up front while we made no effort to push more players forward to get the equaliser.

All very good points, and was reason enough for Lord Lowe to fire the one dimensional boot boy as his first point of order.

I find it amusing because I can see the posters who take umbrage getting into a lather, not so much his words.He has found a tool that gets to them each and everytime and their chips on their shoulders cant stop them from reacting in rage.

You talk is pragmatic, you steer a steady course down the middle but with an obvious leaning towards Lowe and then every so often posts like these portray you for the nasty s**t you are.

Scooby is a comedy character you are a trouble maker. Scooby says what you dare not say and at the end of the day you hold so many Saints fans in contempt you are a sad man.

Edited by Fan The Flames

You talk is pragmatic, you steer a steady course down the middle but with an obvious leaning towards Lowe and then every so often posts like these portray you for the nasty s**t you are.

Scooby is a comedy character you are a trouble maker. Scooby says what you dare not say and at the end of the day you hold so many Saints fans in contempt you are a sad man.

Sadly Nick (I appreciate my view means very little) I tend to agree with this guys view. I have no idea if you are on a deliberate wind up course, but many of your contributions appear to be throwing petrol on the fire deliberately in the knowledge you will get a reaction.

I just do not support the view that Lowe / Wilde could expect to walk back in and be greeted as a long lost brother.

Like it or not he did screw up last time and it appears he has come back to finish the job.

It is possible that those of us who do not want the deadly duo anywhere near our club, would be less critical if the wind up merchants were to be a little less that way inclined

If somebody had come up to you at the end of the Sheff Utd game last season, and offered you the choice of Nigel Pearson or Jan Portvliet as the Saints manager for this season, which would you have taken ? ( Please no prevarication or replying 'neither'; a straight choice ).

Today Lord Lowe's choice of the Golden Duo to remould this club was reaffirmed as insightful and visionary. And it also served to shut up a certain contingent of 'fans' who live only to barrack and boo, who thrive off of covering their keyboard with spittle, and maybe that fact is just as rewarding as the three points.

The Golden Duo now have more points over the same number of games than the boot boy. Will we now hear from the flatcaps who backed him to the hilt that they support the Golden Duo, or will they, as I suspect, continue their class hatred war against Lowe?

One thing is now certain: we are but four points off the playoffs, and this is the beginning of a new dawn.

Scooby, have you considered writing an article for "The Soap Box"?

If somebody had come up to you at the end of the Sheff Utd game last season, and offered you the choice of Nigel Pearson or Jan Portvliet as the Saints manager for this season, which would you have taken ? ( Please no prevarication or replying 'neither'; a straight choice ).

Jan.

I don't get the obsession with the Plymouth game. Yes he was in charge on the basis that he was stood on the touch line, however it is unfair to hold the result against him as he didn't pick the team and had barely met most of the squad.

I have replied to the Coventry point for him. There is no reason to think either Hammill or Surman would have improved us in that game, and we certainly didn't want to lose it.

Sticking another player up front doesn't nescessarily bring goals, often quite the opposite. Whenever we've tried it in the past (away to Colchester and Southend in 06/07 for eg.) we have just ended up overrun in midfield, with Davis hoofing it at Rasiak and not scoring. On top of that one of those teams, think it was Southend, got a late goal soon after we had changed formation.

As it happens, I think Pearson made a reasonable enough fist of that game. He made 3 attacking substitutions, replacing players who had performed poorly. Compared with Burley who once went 3-0 down at home to Watford, then sat there watching for half an hour before sending Hammill on in the 88th minute.

Pearson - because I would have gone on the person who already had experience of being in a management set-up in the english football league/Premiership.

Pearson for me and thats nothing against JP who I think will need this season and most of next to find his feet and we can't afford that time or turmoil at the club.

I honestly believe JP is not allowed to run the team/squad his own way and therefore has battled under all sorts of outside pressure and not because of money as many loans have proved.

Pearson every time.

you see that posts like this is how Scooby is so effective.You obviously get wound up about 'flat caps, etc and dont see how easy you are to wind up because of it.Your user name Fan the Flames gives the impression that you are there to make debate but then dislike it when a poster gets under your skin.I think it is fair that you say I lean to the RL arguement, and will concede that but I was one of few voices who questioned the Wilde bunch (not as people confuse the fact that not wanting Lowe gone at at all costs but only ewehn there is a better option) and warned that they were carpetbaggers and showed little substance as their promises didnt seem to add up.It seems some cannot see that because I understand the course RL is taking makes me like all he does.

I disliked him enormously when he wanted to bring back GH and was prepared to hand my s/t in (whether id have gone through with it, I cant say) that doesnt mean I can't see when he has got some things right and I also am bright enough to understand rellegation was not down just to him.

Scooby says things i dare not say!! I dont say a lot of things Scooby says because some of it I dont agree with as its nonsense.I was born in Shirley and went to state school, I dont care about references to flat caps etc because it doesnt worry me.

As for being a nasty s###, if you met me you no doubt would think the same, others wouldn't its all how you perceive somebody over an internet forum.I myself could easily judge you by your outburst but dont as I know from experience that people come over differently in the real world than behind a computer screen.

Sadly Nick (I appreciate my view means very little) I tend to agree with this guys view. I have no idea if you are on a deliberate wind up course, but many of your contributions appear to be throwing petrol on the fire deliberately in the knowledge you will get a reaction.

I just do not support the view that Lowe / Wilde could expect to walk back in and be greeted as a long lost brother.

Like it or not he did screw up last time and it appears he has come back to finish the job.

It is possible that those of us who do not want the deadly duo anywhere near our club, would be less critical if the wind up merchants were to be a little less that way inclined

Your views mean as much as mine Snowballs.

as for your last para it could be viewed as the other way around from my side.Do you not think that the intentional windups by the very antis/negative fans do not make the more Rl way posters be extra motivated because of such things?

Arizona has answered this admirably. But you have failed to answer my question about the analogy of you starting work on the following Monday and would you be culpable for anything that went wrong when you were being shown around the place?

And as your points have the support of the village idiot Scabby, then your case is automatically weakened by default. ;)

Your views mean as much as mine Snowballs.

as for your last para it could be viewed as the other way around from my side.Do you not think that the intentional windups by the very antis/negative fans do not make the more Rl way posters be extra motivated because of such things?

Well someone has to tone it down a bit that is for sure. Whilst I don't seek to hang Rupes for everything that is wrong at SMS, any other person coming in would have had a honeymoon period. I am no longer going to let my blood boil after todays visit to the Doctors thats for sure, I have to have a triple bypass next year and also another operation from a neurosurgeon to keep me a little mobile. Suddenly Saints problems are not high on my list of worries

I think it is far too early days to decide whether or not JP will be a good or indeed bad choice for the football club. Equally, it is too early to tell if RL coming back will work out to the benefit or detriment of the club.

What I do find pretty silly though, is the constant "Lord Lowe" and "Golden Duo" rubbish coming from a certain corner. It is one thing to have faith in an unproven system, and to be honest I haven't entirely given up on it working either, but to try to convince a whole bunch of supporters that it is working right now and how fantastic we are doing is pure folly.

When I read those comments trying to inform me that we are doing really well and that I just cannot see it I immediately think just one thing..... "Knob cheese!"

I think it is far too early days to decide whether or not JP will be a good or indeed bad choice for the football club. Equally, it is too early to tell if RL coming back will work out to the benefit or detriment of the club.

What I do find pretty silly though, is the constant "Lord Lowe" and "Golden Duo" rubbish coming from a certain corner. It is one thing to have faith in an unproven system, and to be honest I haven't entirely given up on it working either, but to try to convince a whole bunch of supporters that it is working right now and how fantastic we are doing is pure folly.

When I read those comments trying to inform me that we are doing really well and that I just cannot see it I immediately think just one thing..... "Knob cheese!"

Thats being disrespectful to...Knob Cheese

Well someone has to tone it down a bit that is for sure. Whilst I don't seek to hang Rupes for everything that is wrong at SMS, any other person coming in would have had a honeymoon period. I am no longer going to let my blood boil after todays visit to the Doctors thats for sure, I have to have a triple bypass next year and also another operation from a neurosurgeon to keep me a little mobile. Suddenly Saints problems are not high on my list of worries
I hope that all goes well for you Snowballs, we all need to see that it is only a bag of wind being kicked around by a load of overpaid primmadonnas, and that would put it ll into perspective.

I hope everything goes alright for you Snowballs, it's amazing what these doctors can do nowadays. My old dear was on two walking sticks two years ago til they gave her new knees and now there's no stopping her!

Tris.

(I'll probably be banned now but hey who gives a **** theres more important things in life) All the best mate.

you see that posts like this is how Scooby is so effective.You obviously get wound up about 'flat caps, etc and dont see how easy you are to wind up because of it.Your user name Fan the Flames gives the impression that you are there to make debate but then dislike it when a poster gets under your skin.I think it is fair that you say I lean to the RL arguement, and will concede that but I was one of few voices who questioned the Wilde bunch (not as people confuse the fact that not wanting Lowe gone at at all costs but only ewehn there is a better option) and warned that they were carpetbaggers and showed little substance as their promises didnt seem to add up.It seems some cannot see that because I understand the course RL is taking makes me like all he does.

I disliked him enormously when he wanted to bring back GH and was prepared to hand my s/t in (whether id have gone through with it, I cant say) that doesnt mean I can't see when he has got some things right and I also am bright enough to understand rellegation was not down just to him.

Scooby says things i dare not say!! I dont say a lot of things Scooby says because some of it I dont agree with as its nonsense.I was born in Shirley and went to state school, I dont care about references to flat caps etc because it doesnt worry me.

As for being a nasty s###, if you met me you no doubt would think the same, others wouldn't its all how you perceive somebody over an internet forum.I myself could easily judge you by your outburst but dont as I know from experience that people come over differently in the real world than behind a computer screen.

No I don’t get wound up by Scooby, he is a caricature and quite funny. Everyone knows what he’s about it’s the less extreme pro-Lowes that get slightly energised by his posts and a bit less receptive to the debate that annoy me.

This whole debate about Lowe is about policy not personalities. The debate in the anti-Lowe camp has moved on from hockey and first names a long time ago and is purely about a dislike of his management of this club.

Yet for those in the pro-camp this debate is closed you are convinced that there is only one way forward for the club and because you are the only ones to understand this you think it’s a sign that you must be more intelligent than everybody else.

You can’t allow the notion that some else’s opinion may be based on how they read the situation with the facts laid out in front of them, it has to be because they are less intelligent or have some petty class inferiority complex.

I hear a lot of people on here with intelligent cogent arguments, that do not get personal with Lowe or pro-Lowe supporters but to you they are nothing more than people with chips on their shoulders, that’s why I got angry, it is pure contempt of fellow fans.

Anyway I take back the s**t, we all want a bright future for the Saints, its just we all have our own valid views on how that will come about. My name comes from a text conversation with my mates when we were on a bit of a run, signing of with the Saints are on fire, fan the flames, lets hope that’s true again soon.

Spent a bit of time visiting my mother in law on the heart ward at Kings, she couldn't walk up stairs this time last year and the other week we walked for hours around a NT garden. Everyone on the ward was walking around with rolled up towels, couldn't work it out until I saw the MiL holding it close to her chest as she coughed.

Next doors dad had a triple last year and was knocking a wall down in next doors garage a few months later.

Best wishes mate.

Spent a bit of time visiting my mother in law on the heart ward at Kings, she couldn't walk up stairs this time last year and the other week we walked for hours around a NT garden. Everyone on the ward was walking around with rolled up towels, couldn't work it out until I saw the MiL holding it close to her chest as she coughed.

Next doors dad had a triple last year and was knocking a wall down in next doors garage a few months later.

Best wishes mate.

Thanks to all you guys for your good wishes.

No I don’t get wound up by Scooby, he is a caricature and quite funny. Everyone knows what he’s about it’s the less extreme pro-Lowes that get slightly energised by his posts and a bit less receptive to the debate that annoy me.

This whole debate about Lowe is about policy not personalities. The debate in the anti-Lowe camp has moved on from hockey and first names a long time ago and is purely about a dislike of his management of this club.

Yet for those in the pro-camp this debate is closed you are convinced that there is only one way forward for the club and because you are the only ones to understand this you think it’s a sign that you must be more intelligent than everybody else.

You can’t allow the notion that some else’s opinion may be based on how they read the situation with the facts laid out in front of them, it has to be because they are less intelligent or have some petty class inferiority complex.

I hear a lot of people on here with intelligent cogent arguments, that do not get personal with Lowe or pro-Lowe supporters but to you they are nothing more than people with chips on their shoulders, that’s why I got angry, it is pure contempt of fellow fans.

Anyway I take back the s**t, we all want a bright future for the Saints, its just we all have our own valid views on how that will come about. My name comes from a text conversation with my mates when we were on a bit of a run, signing of with the Saints are on fire, fan the flames, lets hope that’s true again soon.

I accept that, and happy to move on.

I beleieve whoever is in charge of the club at present would have had to go down a similar route to keep us from administration.If you can come up with a plan that cuts the £100s of k losses a week and get some more quality players in I and no doubt the club would be delighted.

Following today's startling 2-0 win, I thought a coda needed to be added to this post.

Stunning, scintillating play, orchestrated to perfection by Lowe and the Golden Duo. The good times are back and they didn't come under the umbrella of some pie in the sky takeover; they came from within, from our good Lord Lowe.

I expect apologies from the flatcaps forthwith.

Following today's startling 2-0 win, I thought a coda needed to be added to this post.

Stunning, scintillating play, orchestrated to perfection by Lowe and the Golden Duo. The good times are back and they didn't come under the umbrella of some pie in the sky takeover; they came from within, from our good Lord Lowe.

Lol.

How do you know Scooby? You weren't there.

And it wasn't startling, it's Norwich. We SHOULD be beating teams like that and Doncaster.

And before you start having a go, I am happy we won, and I am pleased with the performance. But FFS, we beat another two relegation candidates, nothing more.

And it wasn't startling, it's Norwich. We SHOULD be beating teams like that and Doncaster.

And before you start having a go, I am happy we won, and I am pleased with the performance. But FFS, we beat another two relegation candidates, nothing more.

Yeah, but how many times in the past did we choke on 6-pointers ?

How dare you. Norwich were once a top flight football club, like us. In the mickey mouse, we can take no wins for granted and we can't afford to write off clubs around as as easy wins.

Don't you dare try to take away from what Lowe and the Golden Duo are accomplishing right now with our academy kids.

How dare you. Norwich were once a top flight football club, like us. In the mickey mouse, we can take no wins for granted and we can't afford to write off clubs around as as easy wins.

Don't you dare try to take away from what Lowe and the Golden Duo are accomplishing right now with our academy kids.

I've decided that Scooby is worth it for the comedy :)

But Scoobs, why don't you get involved in the match thread like the rest of us?

Guest Hacienda

So why did you once say you wanted Saints to lose?

Guest Hacienda
"startling".....?

I'd have thought you were expecting it rather than being "startled" (aka "surprised")....?;)

Let us not forget that Scooby has also stated that anything less than automatic promotion this season is to be regarded as failure. :rolleyes:

Amazing how you pipe up after a victory and give the same old ******.

yet when a result goes against us the silence from you is deafening.

Guest Hacienda
And we're well on our way now. Shame the anger and hate from our own fanbase still persists.

We are stll waiting to hear why you wanted Saints to lose.