Total football back on track

scooby

LOL. An OG and a penalty against one of the CCC new boys and worst teams in the league - and a disallowed Donny goal - and we're suddenly the Dutch World Cup winning side again!

Great - badly needed - result and chuffed to bits for the team, but we're still going down IMHO. The good thing is that it gives the takeover team and Shearer a chance to keep us up from January onwards....if we're lucky enough to see the Knights on white horses arrive soon of course... or are they an emergency service.

Scooby's posts... precious.

There seems to be one positive point about Scoobs and Sundance, it seems that it's OK to insult them and not get infraction points. Try telling any other poster to f off, bet you get a few points on the meter.

Not trying to stick up for Scabby by any means, but technically he is correct on this one point alone. Plymouth was first game in charge for NP, but as I pointed out in my post above, he had joined the day before and the team had been prepared by G&D. We took 7 points from the fist 8 games counting Plymouth, but 8 form 8 if you count the first game NP really had any control over.

By the way, I have been wondering for a while, Scabby continually refers to the Golden Duo (and he is the only one that does), but how much input is Wotte actually having? I don't see much evidence, apart from with the reserve team.

The Plymouth game doesn't count as Pearson's first game any more than Newcastle's loss yesterday counts as Kinnear's first game. Anyway, it is only the stupid system that awards only 1 point for a draw that makes JPs tenure so far look as good as Pearson's whose team was far harder to beat than JP's.

As for Wotte, I agree. What exactly is he here for? Mustn't complain though; at least he's cheap as part of the buy one get one free deal and we mustn't forget that both of them cost less than Pearson. Won't be long now before we see Lowe buying his suits at Primark instead of Saville Row. After all, he has an eye for a bargain and the principle is the same, that you get what you pay for.

The Plymouth game doesn't count as Pearson's first game any more than Newcastle's loss yesterday counts as Kinnear's first game. Anyway, it is only the stupid system that awards only 1 point for a draw that makes JPs tenure so far look as good as Pearson's whose team was far harder to beat than JP's.

As for Wotte, I agree. What exactly is he here for? Mustn't complain though; at least he's cheap as part of the buy one get one free deal and we mustn't forget that both of them cost less than Pearson. Won't be long now before we see Lowe buying his suits at Primark instead of Saville Row. After all, he has an eye for a bargain and the principle is the same, that you get what you pay for.

Wes forget about NP he's history and far from proving himself when he was with us.It is pointless going through all the old arguements about his tenure.I will if you wish though.

The club is in the position of taking its medicine to get over the hangover of overpartying.

We have to get finances in order first, and hopefully good health will follow.The excesses will not be cured in a short period and so e have to be patient.This season is all about being safe from relegation.We will win a few draw a few lose a few more but next season we may be a better unit and ready to strengthen a little more.

Wes forget about NP he's history and far from proving himself when he was with us.It is pointless going through all the old arguements about his tenure.I will if you wish though.

The club is in the position of taking its medicine to get over the hangover of overpartying.

We have to get finances in order first, and hopefully good health will follow.The excesses will not be cured in a short period and so e have to be patient.This season is all about being safe from relegation.We will win a few draw a few lose a few more but next season we may be a better unit and ready to strengthen a little more.

I only mentioned it in response to Scabby's mistaken statistic, Nick. Are we not allowed a come back against mistaken assertions? I didn't see you taking Scabby to task when he made the comparison between JP and Pearson's record. Could you perhaps be a bit more even handed in your criticism?

I only mentioned it in response to Scabby's mistaken statistic, Nick. Are we not allowed a come back against mistaken assertions? I didn't see you taking Scabby to task when he made the comparison between JP and Pearson's record. Could you perhaps be a bit more even handed in your criticism?

I didnt take that on board and so am sorry if you think im being inconsistant. I was happy to try NP but again it is yet another devisive thing between us fans.I would like that we could move forward together.The team have won 1 game but sooner or later these games have to be turned into winning runs and perhaps put smiles back on our faces.

Why an away victory is always called 'it was only against.....' Doncaster whilst not worldbeaters have started ok and many times we have tripped up against teams like them.So it should be seen as a positive. I think we need to get some faith back by a good performance tuesday against Norwich, even if we happen to win that we cant get carried away but at least it would give us something to build on.With a young side you are always going to get inconsistancy and so we have to get used to it.

Not trying to stick up for Scabby by any means, but technically he is correct on this one point alone. Plymouth was first game in charge for NP, but as I pointed out in my post above, he had joined the day before and the team had been prepared by G&D. We took 7 points from the fist 8 games counting Plymouth, but 8 form 8 if you count the first game NP really had any control over.

By the way, I have been wondering for a while, Scabby continually refers to the Golden Duo (and he is the only one that does), but how much input is Wotte actually having? I don't see much evidence, apart from with the reserve team.

If you are going to stick up for scooby, you need to get your facts straight first :). Here is the Boot Boy's record including the Plymouth game

Plymouth = Lost

S****horpe = Drew

Ipswich = Drew

Wolves = Drew

Blackpool = Drew

Leicester = Won

Hull = Lost

Coventry = Drew

I make that 8 points in 8 games :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I'll drop Scooby a lifeline.....(as it is 2-0 to Bognor on the Golden Duo vs Boot Boy debate with Scooby)....although both management teams are EQUAL on points, the Golden Duo have +3 goal difference!!

Today Lord Lowe's choice of the Golden Duo to remould this club was reaffirmed as insightful and visionary. And it also served to shut up a certain contingent of 'fans' who live only to barrack and boo, who thrive off of covering their keyboard with spittle, and maybe that fact is just as rewarding as the three points.

The Golden Duo now have more points over the same number of games than the boot boy. Will we now hear from the flatcaps who backed him to the hilt that they support the Golden Duo, or will they, as I suspect, continue their class hatred war against Lowe?

One thing is now certain: we are but four points off the playoffs, and this is the beginning of a new dawn.

If you went to the game yesterday, or if you went to any game scooby, you'd realise it was a scrappy victory not the `toal football` you're describing.

Anyway, it is only the stupid system that awards only 1 point for a draw that makes JPs tenure so far look as good as Pearson's whose team was far harder to beat than JP's.

If you had 2 points for a draw football would be dull (no incentive to attack), precisely why they made it three point for a win. Pearson was no tactical genius, remember the defensive tour de force we saw at Hull..... probably not, because it screws up your argument!

Nick you are one of a few on here who continues to voice your support of Lowe, your opinion entitled to it and all that.

So the moment you don't want to talk about about it's boring, mate that is the lamest line ever.

I am not a Lowe supporter - I gladly shared a pint with Lee Hoos at his demise just am aware that we are not blessed with options and understand some of the problems facing whoever is in charge. And also support a team not a boardroom.

Guest Hacienda
A team is nothing without the board, and vice versa. The fans must give full backing to all areas of SFC and they must put their own prejudices to one side for the betterment of the club.

Like you did under the previous regime?

Oh, I forgot, you stated publicly that you wouldn't put a penny into the club.

Oh, I also forgot how you stated how you wanted SFC to lose games.

The insect Crouch was a malevolent cancer; Lowe is actively trying to rebuild.

But you said that all fans should support the club at all levels. Regardless of personal prejudice (and calling someone something as deplorable as cancer surely implies HEAVY prejudice.)

Finally, frank admission that you are no fan of Southampton Football Club!

Hmmm. So the Scooby/Lowe/Golden Duo vision is that 8 points from 8 games in the CCC is the goal, the target, the aim. A win away to Doncaster (no disrespect intended) is the summit, the peak of achievement.

Good grief.

Give me the Wolves version of (scooby-derided) football any day.

Today Lord Lowe's choice of the Golden Duo to remould this club was reaffirmed as insightful and visionary. And it also served to shut up a certain contingent of 'fans' who live only to barrack and boo, who thrive off of covering their keyboard with spittle, and maybe that fact is just as rewarding as the three points.

The Golden Duo now have more points over the same number of games than the boot boy. Will we now hear from the flatcaps who backed him to the hilt that they support the Golden Duo, or will they, as I suspect, continue their class hatred war against Lowe?

One thing is now certain: we are but four points off the playoffs, and this is the beginning of a new dawn.

By 'right track', would that be the 'up line' or the 'down line' dear Scabby?

Welll said that man, but while that was hard to swallow, it was ( a vocal minority), of our own kind that shot us in the head and that is the real tragedy. We were within a whisker of having the messiah back and had we done so would probably still be in the promised land today.

Our loss was Wolves gain hahahaha

Pearson knew how many points were at stake at home to Coventry when he allowed the game to peter out in a boring 0-0 draw rather than bring on Surman and Hamill to try and win it. And if we had beaten Plymouth I'm sure you would have included it in his record. He was on the touchline waving his arms around and shouting that to me is him calling the shots.

Pearson knew how many points were at stake at home to Coventry when he allowed the game to peter out in a boring 0-0 draw rather than bring on Surman and Hamill to try and win it. And if we had beaten Plymouth I'm sure you would have included it in his record. He was on the touchline waving his arms around and shouting that to me is him calling the shots.

Pearson didn't pick the team though. It even said on the OS, the team had already been selected by Dodd and Gorman, but Pearson was nominally in charge.

The Coventry game was disapponting, but it would have made things a lot worse had we lost it and it is far from certain Surman and Hammill would have changed the game in our favour. Surman was suffering a dreadful loss in form, I saw him a couple of weeks previously at Scunny and he couldn't pass or cross to save his life. Hammill wasn't able to play anyway as he was busy in the concourse finishing off the uneaten pies from half-time.

You know me so well that you can predict what I would say under certain circumstances, eh? I go by what it said on the OS at the time. Is that fair comment?

You take a new job and are being shown around your new place of work, to start the following Monday. Are you therefore responsible for something that goes wrong whilst you're being shown around?

not everyone has a sense of humour.Many take it all so seriously when Scooby dares to say good things about RL.

He is amusing by the way.

That's a matter of opinion I guess. If he was to try and stray from his restrictic vocabulary of 'flat caps, Lord Lowe, Golden Duo and class issues' then maybe he'd be funny but at the moment he is like a scratched record although how he gets so many bites does bring a wry smile I'll grant you.

That's a matter of opinion I guess. If he was to try and stray from his restrictic vocabulary of 'flat caps, Lord Lowe, Golden Duo and class issues' then maybe he'd be funny but at the moment he is like a scratched record although how he gets so many bites does bring a wry smile I'll grant you.
I find it amusing because I can see the posters who take umbrage getting into a lather, not so much his words.He has found a tool that gets to them each and everytime and their chips on their shoulders cant stop them from reacting in rage.

troll-web.jpg

blah blah blah... it also served to shut up a certain contingent of 'fans' who live only to barrack and boo, who thrive off of covering their keyboard with spittle, and maybe that fact is just as rewarding as the three points. blah blah I slept with Lowe last night blah blah blah

This was the line which sums you up best Sgobby. Your 'ner ner ner ner ner' attitude makes you feel you thinking your right because we defeat a team who were a division below us last year (scoring a penalty and own goal to boot) equals 3 valuable points for the team.

I personally would love nothing more than being proved wrong week in week out and Saints picking up points left right and centre. I fear you however, would rather be proved right to get the attention you so crave than see Saints succeed. This is why you are very similar to Lowe IMO.

I wouldnt be surprised to find out you are employed in a position by a certain Mr Lowe along with the other Troll Sundance. Your obsession for him is a lot more stalker esk than a lot of blokes thoughts towards Kelly Brook!

[quote=Im_no_sinner;62623 fear you however, would rather be proved right to get the attention you so crave than see Saints succeed. This is why you are very similar to Lowe IMO.

Why do you fear that? We are all winners whatever the individual reason. Scooby buys into RL's scheme of things many others dont.As RL is calling the shots we need him to be right.None of us gain if he is wrong, unless you are prepared for us to fail miserably in the hope that it may rid us of him.Last time it got no better, lets hope when he does eventually go we get served better by the new people

I find it amusing because I can see the posters who take umbrage getting into a lather, not so much his words.He has found a tool that gets to them each and everytime and their chips on their shoulders cant stop them from reacting in rage.

Some indeed may act with rage, but for others it is simply a humourous diversion. Whereas if one wishes a troll to disappear, the simplest way to achieve that is not to feed him, Scabby is so amusing with his outlandish stereotypical notions, that it is great sport to give the troll the occasional prodding through the cage with a stick, to watch the response that it provokes. It's easy to pick the holes in his goadings which are riddled with inconsistency, which makes laughing at him all the easier.

It will be even greater fun anticipating what he will come up with when Lowe and his cronies are deposed later this season. No doubt he will be one of the few harking back to his own personal golden era when everybody else is breaking open the champagne and hanging up the bunting. ;)

It's funny how Scooby simply shuts up when he is cornered. Only to arise again when he feels the topic has been dropped.

Which is why he is nothing more than a pure wind up merchant and nothing else.

His posts have no substance except to try to provoke an angered response. The best way is to laugh at his posts or to think he is a very sad individual who has nothing better to do than get real enjoyment of winding people up over an internet forum.

It is a shame some people think he is a real fan and actually take his wind up posts seriously.

Which is why he is nothing more than a pure wind up merchant and nothing else.

His posts have no substance except to try to provoke an angered response. The best way is to laugh at his posts or to think he is a very sad individual who has nothing better to do than get real enjoyment of winding people up over an internet forum.

It is a shame some people think he is a real fan and actually take his wind up posts seriously.

Oh come on, it is sometimes funny to try and get his responses.